@enzek In conclusion JH is crushing on SHS hard :joy: Hope they stay friends and support each other from now on.

I didn’t see this pic before. Is this from Waikiki wrap-up party?

SkJzpgP.jpg

People are gushing about purple being Jung Hyun’s colour. I have to agree because when he wore that purple robe in Mr Queen my jaw almost hit the ground. :relaxed: He looked spectacular in that one.

rjk4Lg0.jpg

A photo from Bazaar photoshoot I haven’t seen before.

6NHHSMe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, aisling said:

In conclusion JH is crushing on SHS hard Hope they stay friends and support each other from now on.

I didn’t see this pic before. Is this from Waikiki wrap-up party?

People are gushing about purple being Jung Hyun’s colour. I have to agree because when he wore that purple robe in Mr Queen my jaw almost hit the ground. He looked spectacular in that one.

A photo from Bazaar photoshoot I haven’t seen before.

I don't see that pic before either.

Maybe you could ask Kim Jung Hyun avid fans on twitter for confirmation.

I still a bit sad when I remember we couldn't see Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun scene with the newborn baby in the Mr Queen. I want to see Kim Jung Hyun enthusiastic face as a father staring at his newborn baby.

But maybe this is better since I won't be happy either if the scene with the newborn baby scene will be between Cheol Jong and So Yong not So Bong:tears:

At least there were scenes with him and baby Sol in Welcome To Waikiki-_-

credit to the owner

His hair at the back in the Bazaar photoshoot:w00t:

Excited Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@enzek I’d say it’s Shin Hye Sun’s superior acting because I loved So Bong to death but disliked So Yong’s high pitched voice. I take it as a small mercy that we didn’t see “I love you”, kiss scene or baby birth between SY and CJ. 

I’ve been distracting myself from Mr Queen ending by watching Jung Hyun’s other works. I just love watching him in Time most. Despite the circumstances he gave such an award worthy performance in there. Not to mention he looked exquisitely beautiful in Time. I can’t put my finger on it but I just can’t stop staring at Soo Ho. He looked much more appealing to me in Time than in CLOY. I can’t explain it. Maybe it’s his hairstyle?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thank god he wasn’t really a teenager here. I feel less like a perv.

spacer.png

One disadvantage of debuting late - even if you’re over 25 you still have to go through this infantile high school phase. Thank goodness he’s past this phase now, I really don’t like high school dramas. 

I think the person who topped JH in being even an older high-schooler was the second lead in True Beauty- that guy is apparently 30 IRL :joy: Our boy was “only” 27  :sweat_smile:

@backstreetboysfan You liked School 2017? I have to say I’m kinda struggling, I relate more to older characters :grin:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I was rewatching his IG Live from February 25 and guess this answered my question about his lashes.

spacer.png

He totally wanted to show off his long eyelashes... why would he lean so close otherwise?  :joy:

So in conclusion - yes, his lashes are this long and thick naturally and he doesn’t wear mascara in his dramas  :doggie: 

And yes, he’s aware of how pretty they are LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

43 minutes ago, cenching said:

@aisling

Nowadays, you eat drink sleep and breathe KJH...:joy:

Oh shoot... is it so obvious?  :loolz:

spacer.png

That’s why I envy people who like actors casually LOL. For someone who’s been watching dramas for so long I actually really liked just a handful of actors. But when I do like them, I’m like So Bong and go all in for them  :blush: I can’t help it LOL.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, aisling said:

Oh shoot... is it so obvious?  :loolz:

That’s why I envy people who like actors casually LOL. For someone who’s been watching dramas for so long I actually really liked just a handful of actors. But when I do like them, I’m like So Bong and go all in for them  :blush: I can’t help it LOL.

Awww, I usually get short bursts when I go crazy and do research on actors who catch my interest but then I move on, but I really like both KJH and SHS - haven't had such "sustained" interest in a very long time - and this thread is flexible - like an after-work hangout spot :joy: 

@aisling I hope the commentary is uploaded on the usual kdrama websites for international audience - I'm sure clips will be released both on twitter and youtube

Edited by serenilmauve
Please don’t quote gifs! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, shimshimae said:

Awww, I usually get short bursts when I go crazy and do research on actors who catch my interest but then I move on, but I really like both KJH and SHS - haven't had such "sustained" interest in a very long time - and this thread is flexible - like an after-work hangout spot :joy: 

@aisling I hope the commentary is uploaded on the usual kdrama websites for international audience - I'm sure clips will be released both on twitter and youtube

Looks like Viu heard our loud prayers :blush: I’m so happy they decided to sub the commentary though it’s not something they do normally, right? They must really love Mr Queen.

I could count it on my one hand how many actors I liked this much like Jung Hyun since I started watching k-dramas. I’m usually more invested in a story itself than actors but there are times when I go crazy like this. The only actor I still like (though not following vigorously) and who my first Korean crush is Gong Yoo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Looks like Viu heard our loud prayers :blush: I’m so happy they decided to sub the commentary though it’s not something they do normally, right? They must really love Mr Queen.

I could count it on my one hand how many actors I liked this much like Jung Hyun since I started watching k-dramas. I’m usually more invested in a story itself than actors but there are times when I go crazy like this. The only actor I still like (though not following vigorously) and who my first Korean crush is Gong Yoo.

Wohoo! :hooray2: at this point, I think, it's safe to assume everyone loves Mr. Queen (despite the ending) :joy:

yeah - it's quite rare to be as gifted as KJH and his journey and choices are quite interesting and speak a lot about him. I like Gong Yoo too (but I rarely follow actors) - what I admire about both KJH and SHS is their journey from non-lead actors to establishing themselves as acting legends. (though they still have a very long career ahead) and how down-to-earth both of them are. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

Wohoo! :hooray2: at this point, I think, it's safe to assume everyone loves Mr. Queen (despite the ending) :joy:

yeah - it's quite rare to be as gifted as KJH and his journey and choices are quite interesting and speak a lot about him. I like Gong Yoo too (but I rarely follow actors) - what I admire about both KJH and SHS is their journey from non-lead actors to establishing themselves as acting legends. (though they still have a very long career ahead) and how down-to-earth both of them are. 

Yeah, reading their interviews makes me incredibly proud. They came from nothing, they weren’t scouted by any agency or became overnight stars. Reading how they both had hang posters of their projects by themselves makes me sad by also proud because of their incredible journey. 

Shin Hye Sun started as an extra and evil second leads until her talent couldn’t be ignored any longer. She’s such an acting powerhouse and if she won’t be nominated for her role in Mr Queen, then I don’t know anymore.

Jung Hyun debuted late - he did mostly indie projects before being cast in Jealousy Incarnate. Playing a high-schooler at 27 wasn’t probably what he wished for but it helped him to climb to where he’s now. Not to mention he was on a 17-month long hiatus. What happened to him in Time could’ve destroyed an actor’s career but he picked himself from the ground and returned to his fans stronger than ever.

Did you guys know JH didn’t even audition for CLOY? CLOY director reached to him personally and convinced him to join his project with A-list actors and the superstar writer. How much he must’ve been impressed by JH‘s acting to offer him a role that others would kill for? CLOY boosted his confidence and career and for that I’ll be forever grateful to CLOY director. Hope they can work together in the future again!

Though I mostly blabber about his looks and hotness, it was his talent and acting that attracted me in the first place. And since he opened up to his fans through IG Live I came to appreciate his personality and sexy brain as well. The fact that Mr Queen writer acknowledged that one of scenes was all JH’s idea and that he wrote that monologue on the spot just makes me admire him even more.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

51 minutes ago, aisling said:

Yeah, reading their interviews makes me incredibly proud. They came from nothing, they weren’t scouted by any agency or became overnight stars. Reading how they both had hang posters of their projects by themselves makes me sad by also proud because of their incredible journey. 

Shin Hye Sun started as an extra and evil second leads until her talent couldn’t be ignored any longer. She’s such an acting powerhouse and if she won’t be nominated for her role in Mr Queen, then I don’t know anymore.

Jung Hyun debuted late - he did mostly indie projects before being cast in Jealousy Incarnate. Playing a high-schooler at 27 wasn’t probably what he wished for but it helped him to climb to where he’s now. Not to mention he was on a 17-month long hiatus. What happened to him in Time could’ve destroyed an actor’s career but he picked himself from the ground and returned to his fans stronger than ever.

Did you guys know JH didn’t even audition for CLOY? CLOY director reached to him personally and convinced him to join his project with A-list actors and the superstar writer. How much he must’ve been impressed by JH‘s acting to offer him a role that others would kill for? CLOY boosted his confidence and career and for that I’ll be forever grateful to CLOY director. Hope they can work together in the future again!

Though I mostly blabber about his looks and hotness, it was his talent and acting that attracted me in the first place. And since he opened up to his fans through IG Live I came to appreciate his personality and sexy brain as well. The fact that Mr Queen writer acknowledged that one of scenes was all JH’s idea and that he wrote that monologue on the spot just makes me admire him even more.

didn't know about this! But I did read somewhere that the CLOY director made the shooting fun for him or something (I don't remember properly).

yeah - I think KJH should just write a script - something like Don Jon by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (which he wrote and directed and casted Scarlett Johansson) - he can cast SHS and make all our lives better :joy::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3