Cast:

Lin Yun

Song Wei Long

Peter Ho

Xie Bin Bin

David Wang

Li Xin Ai

Synopsis:

Since the day they were born, twin sisters Qiao Man (Lin Yun) and Nan Sheng (Lin Yun), have always looked out for each other. As children they were inseparable, but when their parents divorced, their world came crashing down around them. Forced to part, one grew up with their mother, while the other was raised by their father. Never allowed to meet, the two lost something precious and irreplaceable, and the loss nearly destroyed them. But time is a great healer and as the sisters grew up, they found ways to move on, hoping that one day they might be reunited. 

As fate would have it, Nan Sheng and Qiao Man’s wish to be reunited eventually came true when they both unknowingly enrolled in the same university. As awkward as it may have been to be suddenly reunited with an estranged sister, things quickly become even more complicated when Qiao Man realizes she’s fallen for Nan Sheng’s boyfriend, Lin Heping (Song Wei Long). Knowing she can never voice her feelings for Heping, Qiao Man can only watch in pained silence as Nan Shen’s relationship with Heping goes from perfect, to rocky, to over.

Years later, Qiao Man receives an unexpected shock when Heping is introduced to her as the newest member of her team at work. Now professional colleagues Qian Man feels obligated to try to fix the broken relationship between her sister and then man she loves, despite the fact she seems to be falling for him a little more every day. Will Qian Man continue to sacrifice her own happiness for the sake of her sister or will she finally decide to follow the desires of her heart?

Adapted from Annie Baobei’s novel of the same name, “Beautiful Reborn Flower” is a 2020 romantic drama directed by Wang Xiao Kang. 

Cr Viki

Beautiful Reborn Flower 彼岸花 Viki Episodes

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

Additional Links:

Beautiful Reborn Flower 彼岸花 Viki Episodes

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

photo reborn 3.jpgphoto reborn 2.jpg

photo reborn 15.jpg cr avirtualvoyage

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

English subbed trailer.  I am looking forward to this coz I like SWL.  He is hot.

:love:.  I cannot believe he is just 19 y.o.  he is looking so matured.

Cr: as tagged

Will he have atleast one proper kiss scene in this drama unlike UL??:tired:

Still no air date???

3 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Will he have atleast one proper kiss scene in this drama unlike UL??:tired:

Depends, if he was already legal when the filming took place. Even though his visuals are mature his body language is still that of a teenager especially when you see him in RL. I'm curious if he will be still around in 10 years and if he still looks like that since normally this type looks like that for half a life. At the moment he is just a little boy for me. :ph34r:
What disturbs me is Peter Ho as love interest since he looks his age and even older. Can't he get roles with women in their 30's or 40's?

On 3/9/2019 at 6:46 AM, usagi1997 said:

Depends, if he was already legal when the filming took place. Even though his visuals are mature his body language is still that of a teenager especially when you see him in RL. I'm curious if he will be still around in 10 years and if he still looks like that since normally this type looks like that for half a life. At the moment he is just a little boy for me. :ph34r:
What disturbs me is Peter Ho as love interest since he looks his age and even older. Can't he get roles with women in their 30's or 40's?

Yeah, what's up with Peter Ho and all these young girl co stars? The last dramas I watched where he had age appropriate co stars was Barbie Hsu in Summer's Desire and Janine Chang in Le Jun Kai. Those dramas were a long time ago.

Just finished ep 3.  Clearly the FL has lost her memory.  My guess is she is the same girl the ML has loved and lost, years back.

What I don't like so far:

The story is jumpy.  Does not flow smoothly.  Not impressed with the FL's acting. She tries too hard to show us how different the twins' personalities are.  As a result her portrayal of Qiao Man is so uncomfortable and exaggerated.

What I like:

The colour scheme is good.  Quite sharp and not faded like some dramas are.  Surprisingly, Song Wei Long's acting is commendable so far - matured and solid.    Hard to imagine that he was just "18 years old" then

For any lurkers wondering whether to watch or not to watch, I have this to say:

All the synopses are inaccurate. 

- From what I see, there are no "Twins". 

- David Wang and Song Wei Long are "not" father and son

- Nan Shang did not commit suicide.  She was accidentally pushed off the cliff into the sea by the 3rd party female rival and lost her memory.  Then of course she has to assume a completely different name and identity

The first 10 episodes are a bit discouraging. For me the story began from ep 12 onwards.  Peter Ho is an eye-sore.  He is too old to be a delinquent, younger half-brother of David Wang

I like the ML's acting.  His personality is different from "Find Yourself". In this drama, he acts differently (like a teenager should be) when he was younger and still schooling.   As a grown-up and working adult, he acts like a matured man.  Only thing I don't like about him here, is his Hairstyle.  But then we have to remember, this drama is already "3 Years Old".  (I wonder why they have to wait so long, to premiere.  Everything becomes "outdated")

Some actors are the same in every drama: their facial expression especially.  And still so popular.  .

11 hours ago, hush puppy said:

For any lurkers wondering whether to watch or not to watch, I have this to say:

All the synopses are inaccurate. 

- From what I see, there are no "Twins". 

is there sarcasm in 'no twins'? lol i skip anything with twins since I am a twin myself and i find portrayal of twins on TV to be super unrealistic it gives me goosebumps and eye rolls lol

19 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

is there sarcasm in 'no twins'? lol i skip anything with twins since I am a twin myself and i find portrayal of twins on TV to be super unrealistic it gives me goosebumps and eye rolls lol

Hi sugarplum892!  No sarcasm intended. I mentioned "Twins" because it has been used in all synopses.  The problem is, the synopses are based on Anne Baby's novel and not on the drama.  Although I find her plot outdated, but her's is still a best-selling novel.  Dramas and plays based on her novels have always done well.

- But the problem with this drama is, the Scriptwriter changes everything.  They only retain Anne Baby's name.

- They used most of their budget on Location Shooting in Spain, I think.  After that they have to skimp.  That is why it is obvious the Quality is compromised: dubbing, filter, editting

- With all these unfavourable factors, even the best actor or actress, will be weighted down

It is not the best production.  Not the worst either.  It is watchable and better than some Chinese dramas out there.  After ep 10, the story has stabilised. 

But certainly not helping with Song Wei Long's credentials.  After "Find Yourself", this will be a sudden downgrade for him.

I found a more accurate preview for this drama.  I hope it helps:

In "Beautiful Reborn Flower", does Lin Heping love Nansheng or Qiaoman? It turns out that she is always going around!

Song Wei Long's new play "Beautiful Reborn Flower" has aired. The play is based on Anne Baby's novel of the same name, but the plot has changed a lot. In the play, the emotional attribution of Lin Heping played by Song Wei Long receive much attention.

Lin Heping and Nan Sheng loved each other and spent a sweet time together, but unfortunately, Nan Sheng chose a path of no return and died in the sea, leaving only a hand-written diary on the other shore. Lin Heping has always treasured this book Diary, living in her miss.

In "Another Flower", does Lin Heping love Nansheng or Qiaoman?  It turned out that she was always going around!

A few years later, Lin Heping came to Barcelona for a curation and met Qiao Man, who was exactly the same as Nan. He did not mistake Qiao Man for Nansheng, but when he looked at Qiao Man, he always recall Nansheng.

As he continued to get along, Lin Heping gradually came together with Qiaoman, but Qiaoman still has a rival, she is Ali.  Ali loves Lin Heping.  She is willing to spend her life time to accompany Lin Heping out of the shadows.

In "Another Flower", does Lin Heping love Nansheng or Qiaoman?  It turned out that she was always going around!

Unexpectedly, Lin Heping actually fell in love with Qiaoman again.  There was a scene in which Ali told Lin Heping that he only regarded Qiaoman as the shadow of Nansheng. Is this really the case? 

In fact, Nansheng and Qiaoman were the same person. Nansheng didn't die when she fell into the sea. Instead, she was washed by the sea water onto the beach of Basel and rescued by Hansen. After waking up, she lost her memory and later has been living in Barcelona as Qiaoman

In the official slogan released, there is a sentence of "turn around or you, love your initial appearance, and love your growing face", this sentence also shows Lin Heping's emotional attribution.

It is precisely because Nansheng and Qiaoman are the same person, so they "turn around or you". Whether it is the appearance of Nansheng at the beginning or the grown-up Qiaoman, Lin Heping loves her.   But before Qiao Man recall her memory, their love path is destined to be full of twists and turns.

Qiaoman did n’t know that she was Nansheng. In addition, Nansheng occupies an important position in Lin Heping ’s heart, and she is exactly the same as Nansheng. She will definitely feel that she is only a substitute for Nansheng in Lin Heping ’s heart.  There will be all kinds of contradictions and misunderstandings in their relationship.

These are all idol dramas routines.

10 hours ago, hush puppy said:

But certainly not helping with Song Wei Long's credentials.  After "Find Yourself", this will be a sudden downgrade for him.

lol thank you for the explanation!  your last sentence says a lot and just summed up the drama's worthiness for me haha!

@sugarplum892,  You shouldn't let me influence you choice.  Watch and judge for yourself. Because everyone's taste and evaluation is different.  This drama is not so bad.  You just have to get throught the first few episodes.  The plots strengthens after they return to China from Spain.  

This is an "idol" drama.  They should have released it right after shootings.  Because after 3 years, viewers' tastes, emotions and especially fashions (makeup style, shoes, dressing, hairstyles, etc...) change.

• Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Beautiful Reborn Flower 彼岸花

Archived