Shin Won Ho

(Reply 1997, Reply 1994, Reply 1988)

Writer

Jung Bo Hoon

Episodes: 16 (TBC)

Broadcast Period

2017-Nov-22 to 2018-Jan-11,   Wednesday and Thursday 21:10 KST

About the Show

This drama is about a special place where a baseball player and a variety of people experience prison life. The drama will share the lives and stories behind these prisoners as well as events that take place there.

Production Information

Early working title was "Gamok" ("Prison").

Also Known as: Smart Prison Living, Wise Prison Life

First script reading took place July 17, 2017 at CJ E&M Center in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea.

Cast

Jung Kyung Ho as Lee Joon Ho

An elite prison guard

Park Hae Soo as Kim Je Hyuk

A star baseball player who turns into a convict overnight

Supporting Cast

Krystal Jung as Ji Ho

A traditional Oriental medicine student. She has a hotblooded, bright personality, and can be impulsive at times.

Im Hwa Young as Kim Je Hee

The younger sister of Kim Jae Hyuk.

Kang Seung Yoon as “Jean Valjean”

Lee Kyu Hyung as “Second-generation Chaebol”

Choi Sung Won as “Spot”

Jung Hae In as “Captain Yoo”

Sung Dong Il as Chief Jo

Jung Woong In as Assistant Chief Paeng

Choi Moo Sung as Kang Ki Soo

Kim Sung Chul as “Law Man”

Lee Ho Chul as “Good-for-nothing Low-life”

Jung Jae Sung as “Professor Myung”

Ahn Chang Hwan as “The Henchman”

Lee Hoon Jin as “Pinkie”

Park Ho San as “KAIST”

Jung Min Sung as “Dr. Ko”

Joo Suk Tae as prison operations chief

Ahn Sang Woo as prison manage
Park Hyung Soo as Department Chief Na

Kim Han Jong as large-goods carrier

Kang Ki Doong as prison guard

Choi Myun Dong (최연동) as vice chief

Yoo Jae Myung
Kim Kyung Nam
Kim Ki Nam
Lee Do Kyum
Shin Jae Ha
Choi Kwang Il
Im Chul Hyung
Yum Hye Ran
Kim Yong Woon

Source: Asianwiki | Dramawiki |  Koreandrama

01.Soompi code of conduct SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait.. Krystal? As female lead to Jung Kyung Ho? is it gonna be like.... 'Heartless City' kinda interaction with the characters. :D

Also I hope this is not like  Prison Break kind of drama. I  saw the word Prison..so I'm thinking.. something like that.

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Wise Prison Life 슬기로운 감빵생활 - Park Hae Soo, Jung Kyung Ho, Jung Hae In and Krystal

From baseball star to jailbird in Smart Prison Living tineybeanie

jilbird0.jpg

Smart Prison Living is approaching its premiere date, and promotions have begun with the first few posters being released. The show stars Park Hae-soo(Legend of the Blue Sea) as a prisoner and Jung Kyung-ho (Missing 9) as a prison guard; the black dramedy kicks off when Park, a superstar baseball player, somehow becomes a convicted criminal overnight. In prison, he becomes immersed into another world as he gets to know his inmates and how they ended up in jail.

In the poster above, Park Hae-soo wears a prisoner’s uniform and asks, “This probably isn’t the end of my life…right?” as he passes by Jung Kyung-ho. The same copy is shown in the next poster, featuring Park Hae-soo solo, while the last poster shows him during his superstar pitcher days, where there are two backgrounds juxtaposed of a crowded baseball stadium and a stark prison.

With Answer Me’s PD Shin Won-ho directing, it’s almost guaranteed that Smart Prison Living will be heartwarming. Kyaaah—excited already! Other cast members include Krystal (Bride of the Water God 2017), Jung Hae-in (While You Were Sleeping), Sung Dong-il (The Package), Yoo Jae-myung (Forest of Secrets), and Jung Woong-in (My Sassy Girl).

Wednesday-Thursday drama Smart Prison Living will begin airing on tvN starting November 22, after the end of Buam-dong Revenge Club.

jilbird2.jpg

jilbird1.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/from-baseball-star-to-jailbird-in-smart-prison-living/

Looking forward to this.

Park Hae-soo becomes the next Answer Me hero for Smart Prison Living

By tipsymocha

smartprisonliving-teaser1156.jpg

Man, that beginning montage just got me right in the heart. Upcoming black comedy Smart Prison Living is about two and a half weeks away from its premiere, and we finally get a small peek at the show, which has been cruelly sparing with its details. The clip isn’t exactly a teaser, it’s more of a behind-the-scenes video, but it gives us an introduction to one of the show’s heroes, Park Hae-soo (Legend of the Blue Sea). 

The clip begins with a series of small snippets that show us all of the Answer Me heroes to date, from 1997’s Yoon Yoon-jae (Seo In-gook), to 1994’s Chilbongie (Yoo Yeon-seok) and Garbage (Jung Woo), and, of course, 1988’s Kim Jung-hwan (Ryu Joon-yeol) and Choi Taek (Park Bo-gum). Ahh, the memories, the swoons! And then, we get shots of our newest hero in his baseball uniform, with a caption reading, “The new male lead the Answer Meproducers have chosen is coming!” I love how they build up the tension only to reveal his face (insert goat bleat) with a “Who… are you?” right next to him. 

Park Hae-soo will be playing superstar baseball pitcher Kim Jae-hyuk, who becomes a criminal overnight due to an accident. The stage actor seems really likable in real life and is adorably shy in front of the camera when he isn’t in character. It seems like there’s a good vibe on set as well: Park Hae-soo betrays his age when he attempts to order coffee from his seat instead of going to the cashier at a cafe, and you can hear Shin PD very nearly swears jokingly as he tells him to get up off his butt, while other staff members call him an old person. It’s pretty cute how flustered Park Hae-soo gets. 

Although we get a brief glimpse of Krystal (Bride of the Water God 2017) in the cafe scene—looking refreshingly un-haughty and smiling—I’m impatiently tapping my foot to see more of the ensemble cast. I mean, who wouldn’t, with names like Jung Kyung-ho (Missing 9), Choi Moo-sung (Lookout), Jung Woong-in (My Sassy Girl), Sung Dong-il (The Package), Yoo Jae-myung(Forest of Secrets), Shin Jae-ha (While You Were Sleeping), and Jung Hae-in(While You Were Sleeping) in the mix? 

Smart Prison Living will follow Buam-dong Revenge Club in tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday slot, starting on November 22.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/park-hae-soo-becomes-the-next-answer-me-hero-for-smart-prison-living/

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2017] Prison Playbook 슬기로운 감빵생활 - Park Hae Soo, Jung Kyung Ho and Krystal - Premiere on 22nd of November

So excited for this! It really is a mini Reply '88 reunion- love the supporting cast here. Jung woong in!!

And happy to see seungyoon in a drama again. He was super charming in high kick before debuting with winner so I hope we'll see more of his acting now.

Archived