Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life) 슬기로운 감빵생활

5 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@jbying7, not right now, but I'll try to get these translated for you when I can. Just FYI, the first clip is actually a parody that the Wise Prison Life actors did. The Video title is:  [Wise Prison Life Parody] If Cell 2-6 were prosecutors? Wife Prosecutor Life. LOL. The second one seems to be Haerong, Kaist and Dr. Ko getting together for a drink and a chat.

Anyway, they look fun. I'll see when I can do them. Just FYI, because of all the captions, the non-drama scene clips actually end up taking me longer to translate, so I have to block out enough time to do them. :)

Kamsahamnida!!!  :wub:  No rush ok! Just excited to chance upon the clips and already thankful to you for describing the gist of what they are about! :D

• Like 2

Translation of the first clip. @jbying7, here it is. Not sure when I'll finish the other one, but will try to get it done also.

Video Title: [Wise Prison Life Parody] If Cell 2-6 were prosecutors? Wise Prosecution Life

Announcer: It has been revealed that a serial killer has been operating in Seoul for the past six months.

Reporter1: When will the cooperative efforts between the prosecutors and the police be released?
Reporter2: The citizens are worried, so what are you doing about this?
Min Chul: The prosecutors and the police are doing their best to find…

title card: A city held in fear
Min Chul: Is the Misa-dong incident the final one?
Kaist: After we’ve investigated, I’ll make my report.

title card: A suspicious serial killer case
Kaist: The only person I can ask to do this is you.
Han Yang: Yes.
Man: Let’s transfer you to the criminal investigation team.

Jae Hyuk: Let’s try to do well together.

title card: Serial killer case special investigation team forms
Jung Woo: A kidnapping has just been reported.
Jung Woo: A patrol car and an ambulance are requested on site.
Jae Hyuk: Requesting back up to the Oksu-dong district

title card: The emergency response to try to catch the suspect
Han Yang: I’m sorry
Jae Hyuk: At this time, I’m reporting the murder incident.
Han Yang: She’s been dead for 14 hours
Jae Hyuk: He was not able to leave this house. Definitely, inside the house, there is going to be something.

title card: And endless investigation, the truth being revealed
Jae Hyuk: We’ll definitely catch him the next time.
Jae Hyuk: Captain, please take a look at this.
Jae Hyuk: It’s really a suspicious looking prosecution deal.
Jung Woo: Is that kind of manipulation even possible?
Jae Hyuk: Okay
Jae Hyuk: Let’s look into it from that side as well.
Han Yang: What has been given and received with the price being people’s lives?

title card: A case that is closing in
Jae Hyuk: I think a witness to the case has been secured.
Jung Woo: Should I go?
Han Yang: Is there anyone inside?

title card: The culpirt who has started again
Kaist: The one who went into Jung Woo’s house at that time is the culprit.
Kaist: Just catch that bastard.
Jae Hyuk: It’s going to be in the back. I see it.
Jae Hyuk: Come towards Bupyeong.

Jung Woo: Why did you come here?

Oh, wow! Watch the clip until the very end, if you haven't already. So good! It's basically an entire drama in 1 min 44 sec with a bit of a twist ending even. :D I wish they would actually make this a proper drama. I love how the characters have all changed, and yet have roughly similar relationships to each other, for instance Jae Hyuk and Jung Woo have that older brother-little brother vibe in the parody as they did in the drama, with both of them being cops rather than prosecutors. Min Chul is the dignified leader. Kaist is a bit of the wheeler dealer guy who cares about getting things done. Han Yang is the brilliant one.

Final bit in the spoiler since it talks about the ending of the clip. :)

Spoiler

And, just as the Cell 2-6 guys are the prosecutors and cops in this parody, who else could be the culprit other than Paeng! Even more brilliant because he is known for playing the villainous role in so many other dramas. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 3

Eeeeeeeee....... 

That clip was so good. I watched it first before reading your translation @stroppyse.

Ok. I am in love again. And yes I watched the ending and laughed? How in the world did they get the same actors playing the opposite roles? After all they could and might as well as be a ahjusshi, doctor  or an advertising ad 

Hanyang made my head spin.

You know right that I now have to google each individual actor now and their previous work. And then read the plot of whatever I think might be correct to watch it. And the thing is I don't even or haven't watched any of their previous works. The only exception is MC in Reply 1988 and Jingwoo in Smile, You.

My heart is slain. At this rate i won't ever get back to currently airing dramas. I have been derailed by this drama and now Black Knight.

I can't get over Hanyang and Jae Hyuk.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I'm not as familiar with the actor who played Kaist, though I think I've seen him in some movies before. However, I've seen Choi Moo Sung who plays MC in a number of works, so not as surprised by their performances.

However, I totally loved Han Yang, Jung Woo, and Jae Hyuk in the parody. Han Yang, especially was sooo different, even if he imbues the same genius sensibility as when was in Cell 2-6. :)

I think I'm going to have to watch Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food for Park Hae In who played Jung Woo. However, I'm going to have to go look up the back catalogues for Park Hae Soo and Lee Kyu Hyung. :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Eeeeeeeee....... 

That clip was so good. I watched it first before reading your translation @stroppyse.

Ok. I am in love again. And yes I watched the ending and laughed? How in the world did they get the same actors playing the opposite roles? After all they could and might as well as be a ahjusshi, doctor  or an advertising ad 

Hanyang made my head spin.

You know right that I now have to google each individual actor now and their previous work. And then read the plot of whatever I think might be correct to watch it. And the thing is I don't even or haven't watched any of their previous works. The only exception is MC in Reply 1988 and Jingwoo in Smile, You.

My heart is slain. At this rate i won't ever get back to currently airing dramas. I have been derailed by this drama and now Black Knight.

Hanyang video is from secret forest... hit drama of 2017..

Captain from while you were sleeping

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hanyang was in Secret Forest? Huh really? I didn't notice him at all. Oh no... how am I going to find him?

I am going to download Master for PHS I think. Don't like any of his previous dramas. He looks totally different in the Asian wiki photo.

I am going to watch Pretty Noona cos' PHI literally deserves his noona. This whole noona just brings this whole sense of delicious Kdrama romance. So that nowadays when my kids gets pretty noonas giving them presents I laugh. They are Korean noonas.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

Hanyang video is from secret forest... hit drama of 2017..

Captain from while you were sleeping

Oh wow! It's a mash up made into a parody? That is sooo  brilliant! I totally didn't realize. Thanks for pointing that out. I even watched Secret Forest, and now that you mention it, I do remember him from it. The murderous prosecutor. I didn't watch While You Were Sleeping at all, though I had heard that PHI was in it.

Now, I'm wondering which dramas MC and Kaist's videos come from so I may have to go combing through old dramas. :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh wow! It's a mash up made into a parody? That is sooo  brilliant! I totally didn't realize. Thanks for pointing that out. I even watched Secret Forest, and now that you mention it, I do remember him from it. The murderous prosecutor. I didn't watch While You Were Sleeping at all, though I had heard that PHI was in it.

Now, I'm wondering which dramas MC and Kaist's videos come from so I may have to go combing through old dramas. :)

Ya its brilliant.. n end scene of who d killer is frim i can hear your voice.. lee jong suk n ji sungs wife drama

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Hanyang was in Secret Forest? Huh really? I didn't notice him at all. Oh no... how am I going to find him?

I am going to download Master for PHS I think. Don't like any of his previous dramas. He looks totally different in the Asian wiki photo.

I am going to watch Pretty Noona cos' PHI literally deserves his noona. This whole noona just brings this whole sense of delicious Kdrama romance. So that nowadays when my kids gets pretty noonas giving them presents I laugh. They are Korean noonas.

Lol he is very much in focus in secret forest you wont hv to find him

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

@enigmatic_zephy I just went back to FoS. Mama mia, I didn't realize that was Hanyang. I mean it is him, the actor but my mind is totally blown with the difference. Currently starting Master because of PHS. And I don't even like KDW and LBH and I am watching the drama.

I bet the prison in my coutry will serve roast and vegies with mashed potatos. Blows my mind with the rice and kimchi option. But then again, we did have glutinious rice options for army rations when I was overseas. Guess it all depends on the country. I wonder if Korean armed forces rations includes kimchi. How the heck do you hide the smell? Sorry for digressing- thinking about hiding the soldier's location that's all. Kimchi is pretty strong smelling.

Ah this drama. I need to let go.

• Like 5

On 2/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, stroppyse said:

MInchul is from drama Lookout. He acted as a chief prosecutor which is the main bad guy 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mel_lynna said:

MInchul is from drama Lookout. He acted as a chief prosecutor which is the main bad guy 

LOL. I totally loved Lookout while it was running, but the ending traumatised me so much that I've been very determinedly not thinking about it. So, I guess I knew that Choi Moo Sung was in that drama, but it didn't even occur to me. Well, I'm glad his scenes in that movie went to a good cause like this parody. :)

There have been a lot of dramas with prosecutors lately, so I guess it's not surprising that the actors who depicted prisoners here have played prosecutors and cops in other dramas.

I still miss this drama.

@jbying7, my apologies, but I'm going to be traveling for the next two weeks, and I didn't get a chance to finish translating the second clip. When I get back, I'll take another look at the clip with Dr. Ko, Kaist, and Haerong.

• Like 4

why did the guy who killed someone while riding a truck to bring the wallet didn't ask for the phone company to listen to the conversation on the phone with his boss and he could show that the boss called him right? and does anyone know his real name or instagram

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Leejea Jin said:

why did the guy who killed someone while riding a truck to bring the wallet didn't ask for the phone company to listen to the conversation on the phone with his boss and he could show that the boss called him right? and does anyone know his real name or instagram

As its said in many dramas that the law and order system of Korea is crap, I don't think a guy (main lead) who murdered someone even for self defense would be released that early in my country or maybe its a different case since he's the nation's star!! you don't need to ask about normal people rotting away in jail for petty crimes.

• Like 3

Does anyone here have the list of the (old) songs played in the drama. I really liked it. I wanna hear it again and again. ♥ Thanks for replies guys! ♥☺

• Like 2

Hi everyone...!

I just started watching this series here in Germany on Netflix - original Korean version with Eng Subs.

This is so amazing....!

Is been a long time since I watched a Korean drama having so much love on it despite all the adversities of the Korean legal system.

Also interesting for me is the border line to Boys Love that the lead character Kim & Lee have with each other. Their bromance is simply inspiring... having some of the most beautiful moments best friends could ever have.

I am by EP 9 right now, and the only thing missing for me is the separation time that Kim & Lee went thru since the car accident.

I have been waiting for some flash back about this matter, but so far nothing about why these two guys that were so close suddenly took separate paths and didn't keep in touch for so many years. I hope to get some "insides" on this before the end.

Cheers...!

• Like 5

I was also late to the party and just marathon'ed this drama the past 3 days - and I AM BLOWN AWAY. I have always been a fan of Shin Won Ho PD and watched all the Reply dramas (and yes - was also Jung Pal'ed)... but didn't jump onto this bandwagon in fear of it being too dark... but boy was I wrong!

I am also a fan of HY - in fact, have been since I saw his very brief yet BREATHTAKING performance in Goblin! He's so versatile I couldn't believe HY and the cheating murderer husband are the same person!! 

Totally going through separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms so have also been mad googling him nonstop... and have stumbled upon some very interesting facts!! :D

As most of us know - most of the actors in the drama are experienced theatre/musical actors (btw, I think this casting direction is EXCELLENT because of such a big ensemble of actors). Even when JH and Kaist were on Life Bar - they mentioned how most of the cellmates in 2B6 are theatre/musical actors and they all knew each other (Kaist said he has always been close with HY). I just didn't know a lot of the other supporting actors are also from the theatre :)

Hanging out with Captain Yoo's brother - June 2016

June%202015_zpsyejycbo6.jpg

Acting with Captain Yoo's brother - July 2017

July%202017_zps8xwfy2ks.jpg

Hanging out with Kaist - January 2017

Jan%202017-2_zps2oawnux6.jpg

Jan%202017_zpslukdsqrk.jpg

Acting with Jailbird - September 2016

Sep%202016_zpsfdrvikrf.jpg

Hanging out with Officer Song and friends - December 2015

Dec%202015_zpshgbluqdb.jpg

By the way, I'm so happy we'll see Kaist in a new drama soon (replacing Oh Dal Soo in My Ahjussi)... and I hope HY will accept the offer to star in the new drama Life... also by the writer of Secret Forest!!

And here's a video of him singing in a musical back in 2013 :wub:

New woodshop chief (Hyeri's brother in 1988) was also in it :wink:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18469707/

HY and Jailbird singing in their musical in 2015...

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17852485/

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17852485/#page=3

• Like 4