[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life), 슬기로운 감빵생활

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is someone can translate clips from tonight episode?

구단문제도 해결! 지호의 접견 약속까지! 이제 제혁에게 남은 건 출소 때까지 열심히 훈련하는 것뿐. 한편, 가석방 심사 대상으로 선정된 장기수. 모범수인 그가 가석방 심사에서 탈락할 이유는 없어 보인다. 과연, 장기수는 예상대로 가석방 대상이 될 수 있을까?

8 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

구단문제도 해결! 지호의 접견 약속까지! 이제 제혁에게 남은 건 출소 때까지 열심히 훈련하는 것뿐. 한편, 가석방 심사 대상으로 선정된 장기수. 모범수인 그가 가석방 심사에서 탈락할 이유는 없어 보인다. 과연, 장기수는 예상대로 가석방 대상이 될 수 있을까?

@stroppyse, can you translate it for me? :).

I'm so curious about the conversation between Joon Ho and Jae Hyuk in the field. Did they talk about kaist operation?

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the text preview:

Baseball team issue resolved! And even a promise of a visit from Ji Ho! Now all that is left to Jae Hyuk is to train diligently until his release date. However, a long term convict who has been selected for parole. A model prisoner, there seem to be no reason that he won't be released from prison. Ultimately, will things go as the long term convict hopes?

So, by long term convict, they mean Min Chul. As a model prisoner for 22 years, he's being selected for possible parole.

Owh i see, so Jae Hyuk get back together with Ji Ho and Joon Ho become couple with Jae Hee. Just curious about what will Jae Hyuk do if he knows that pitiful woman who date Joon Ho is his sister Jae Hee. lol :D

43 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Translation of the text preview:

Baseball team issue resolved! And even a promise of a visit from Ji Ho! Now all that is left to Jae Hyuk is to train diligently until his release date. However, a long term convict who has been selected for parole. A model prisoner, there seem to be no reason that he won't be released from prison. Ultimately, will things go as the long term convict hopes?

So, by long term convict, they mean Min Chul. As a model prisoner for 22 years, he's being selected for possible parole.

I'm not entirely sure which scene you mean, so it would be better if you could give me an approximate timing of the scene. However, the scene I thought that you were perhaps wondering about where Joon Ho and Jae Hyuk talk by themselves in the fieldhouse around 1:03:25.

They talk first about enabling Kaist to go through the transplant operation for his son. Jae Hyuk was thinking of a way to convince the warden to let it happen, but Joon Ho tells him that the warden had already approved it, and called the reporters.

Then they talk about Ji Ho.  The background for that talk is that Jae Hyuk had finally gotten Ji Ho to call him by texting her that if she didn't call, that he would smash his right hand with a hammer. When she finally calls, she apparently promised Jae Hyuk that she would come visit him. However, even though Jae Hyuk waited all day on visiting day, Ji Ho didn't come. Later on, in the fieldhouse, Joon Ho tells Jae Hyuk that the reason that Ji Ho didn't come to visit him is that she's very ill and in the hospital. However, she had called Joon Ho because she was worried that Jae Hyuk might be worried, and to tell Joon Ho to tell Jae Hyuk why she couldn't make it and not to worry. Joon Ho was a bit outraged that Ji Ho as sick was she was, was worried about Jae Hyuk being worried, and he tells Jae Hyuk that the next time he sees Ji Ho, he should prostrate himself before her.

If this is not the scene that you were curious about, then if you give me a timing for the scene you are curious about, I'll take a look.

I'm sorry, i forgot what minutes it is but you know what i mean. :D, thank you for translating .

Okay so I finally watched episode 11 and 12! I know some of you are already on episode 13 and 14 (omg I can't believe the show is ending next week. I'm not ready), but I still wanna write my thoughts here. 

For me, the highlight for last week's episodes is relationship. This drama has always been about relationship and bond, but these themes really stand out in eps 11-12. Hanyang's relationship with everyone (Jiwon, Capt. Yoo, KAIST), Jehyuk's with Jiho and Jehee, Junho's with Jehyuk and Lieut. Paeng, and also Lieut. Paeng's with the inmates and his co-workers. We get to see how these people struggle to understand each other, how these people try to make things work with all their hearts. Personally, I felt very sad when the other officers talk bad about Lieut. Paeng because he never shows how vulnerable he actually is. Junho even tells Song that although now he knows what kind of person Lieut. Paeng is, he just can't like him because he always richard simmons Junho off with his manners. I think it's very relatable because I have that kind of "love/hate" relationships too with some people around me. I want to like them because I know they're actually good people, and although deep down I respect them, I just can't like them. 

Hanyang's backstory totally made me cry. He straight up tells Jiwon that he loves him and wishes to reconcile with him once he gets out of prison. The story of how they got together also felt very sincere, but sad at the same time. I wish they could've told their friends about it and date without feeling afraid. I'm worried about Jiwon's reaction when Hanyang tells him that he loves him though. I know he doesn't reject him, but his eyes somehow make me worried that he may have moved on. That he visits Hanyang only because he feels obligated to since he turned him in. I'll try to hold off any judgment though because I know how much they've been through (if this is answered in ep 13-14 please don't spoil me I haven't watched yet! LOL). 

Also, Hanyang's fight scenes with Capt. Yoo and KAIST are beyond hilarious I'm sure everyone agrees with me. I particularly love the chili chili pepper fight! Love how Jehyuk and Capt. Yoo just casually catch and throw back things thrown at them but poor Minchul doesn't have the sense and skill to do so (also he gets hit from the back LMAO). I'm gonna miss them so much when the drama ends, I really love this squad. And I think Hanyang's answer when Jehyuk asks him why he always messes around with Capt. Yoo (why can't I call him Jungwoo it's easier) is worth noting. At some point, Capt. Yoo has been really harsh with Hanyang (it's different from KAIST who's just purely annoyed), but I understand where he's coming from. However, Hanyang is working really hard to quit his addiction, I hope he can tell Hanyang that he's doing a great job at the end!

That's all from me I hope someone is actually reading my words-vomit hahaha 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:
1 hour ago, triplem said:

Oh my was our dear joon Ho a player? :D What was he referring to about making brownies ?

Well, Joon Ho does seem to have had a string of girlfriends and gone on a lot of dates. I wasn't sure about the brownies, but I'm going to assume that it's a seduction technique of some kind based on the reaction. Possibly Joon Ho invites women over his place to "make brownies" with him? LOL. That's just speculation on my part, though. Hopefully, we'll see what it means in a future episode. :D

In episode 5 they are mention about brownie. Joon Ho told the story about him and his late girl friend. Her name is Hye Rin and Sun Hwa (If i'm not mistaken) That time Joon Ho told Jae Hyuk , he is make some brownie and make surprise to his girlfriend on her birthday. and then broke up with him. Jae Hyuk think Joon Ho date crazy woman because broke up with him when Joon Ho give her a surprise. But Joon Ho claim that is different woman and they are friends so jae hyuk think Joon Ho is players, but Joon Ho told Jae Hyuk that he date Sun Hwa after broke up with Hye Rin

Can you translate the conversation about Min Chul and Jae Hyuk in the garden? I think its around 00:40:00 ? 

43 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The cellmates had been talking about visitations, when Cpt Yoo mentioned that  visitations had been suspended because of some new security measures being put in place. That caused Jae Hyuk to be sad since Ji Ho had promised to visit on the next visitation day allowed. However, Min Chul mentioned that the restrictions had been lifted that day, and that visitations were being allowed again, though because there were so many people who were waiting, they were going to process them in order. However, the news that visitations were allowed again lifted JH's spirits up, enough so that he took back his cutlet that he had earlier given to HY much to HY's displeasure.

Btw, one other thing that was hilarious in episode 13. Turns out that Dolmani is only 25, the same age as HY and Cpt Yoo. HY and Cpt Yoo can't believe that Dolmani is the same age as them when he looks so much rougher. HY flat out says that when Dolmani has such a montage (meaning appearance, visual), that he was only 25 made no sense. LOL

I mean when Jae Hyuk and Min Chul hold rose. 

No, i think Ha Yang and Captain Yoo is was born in 1988, I probably know when Kaist hold Ha Yang biograpy when he want to find candidate for winning golden bell i'ts written Ha Yang born in 1988

I can't get enough of Hae Rong bickering with everyone *esp with Cpt. Yoo*, they are the highlight of every episodes. 

Did KAIST just got transferred to other prison???? 

But Why?? Writer-nim, you just crush my heart.

I barely get use this new cell mates arrangement with Dolmani as their new member. 

Hello.

I've watched this drama from the very beginning and time flies so fast. Now it's coming to an end.

For you who can't wait till the full sub, this one part of ep 14 is really worth the watch even without sub.

Hide contents

So Junho noticed that Jehyuk is probably developing a syndrome called "Steve Blass" (a syndrome which a baseball pitcher is suddenly loss their ability).

Later Jehyuk got hypnosis treatment (but it's completely failed. LOL).

And then he took psychological test (?) where he needs to draw his life graphs from when he was born (1988) up till 2017. (The result is just a pain in Junho's head :D)

The way he told Junho that it is still far down below to the floor because now he is in prison is somewhat sad (to know what he really feels) yet so freaking hilarious.

This part makes me wish this drama would never come to an end. I am so gonna miss this kind of joke

@jyvild Ha ha ha; that's hilarious indeed!

@stroppyse Did you perhaps watch episode 14? I was wondering after having watched some scenes - Cpt Yoo and HY talk at some point after HY tries to put his head on Yoo's lap and he goes away. Really curious to see if I understood some parts correctly. If you have time in the upcoming days, would you mind trasnlating this clip please? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxqpTQRTI0k

고마워요 !

@stroppyse I can't stop myself from asking you why is MC angry on Hanyang, about what was hanyang criticising MC and is that girl who visited him his daughter!!

I can understand why cpt.Yoon don't like Hanyang, he looks from the exterior like a typical spoiled rich brat but I really felt bad looking at hanyang, not many people can understand him even though they treat him well, I wished cpt.Yoon had reacted neutrally when hanyang asked him whether he likes him, being frank is not good at all places and especially when the other person is so low in spirit, hanyang actually looked like he would cry at any moment when Yoon was answering negatively.

Yeay. Viewerahip rating keeps increasing each episode (since episode 3). Last night records 10.615% (+0.473%). 

On a side note, it beats again the other three dramas.

It is now the 4th highest rated tvN drama (behind Goblin, Reply 1988 and Signal). Can it surpass Signal (12.544%) during final two episodes? Let's wait and see. Huhu.

Archived