Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

Hey @cancergirl87, thanks heaps for the YT videos!:heart:

The MV in modern setting is not bad. I live for period dramas but i'll not have any qualms prioritising a modern sequel of this. 

So cheeky of ZZH to say the line "my wangfei looks ugly" infront of JJY and it's fascinating that he was comfortable teasing her. 

There's no doubt that he can sing and i hope that if there will be a sequel he will also sing either the beginning or the ending song.

• Like 3

The ending OST of LoYX is indeed too beautiful~~

叹云兮 - JJY live version (from SNH48GROUP 5th Idol Annual Popularity Finals Concert Live July 28, 2018)

叹云兮 - ZZH version (as I mentioned before, someone has made a fanvid for this ^_^)

Bonus:

Spoiler

A song by SNH48

Could you find our Qin wangfei, Ningjing, and Chu Qingge amongst these girls? (I think JJY will be the obvious one :D)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

The ending OST of LoYX is indeed too beautiful~~

叹云兮 - JJY live version (from SNH48GROUP 5th Idol Annual Popularity Finals Concert Live July 28, 2018)

叹云兮 - ZZH version (as I mentioned before, someone has made a fanvid for this ^_^)

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

A song by SNH48

Could you find our Qin wangfei, Ningjing, and Chu Qingge amongst these girls? (I think JJY will be the obvious one :D)

This drama really made me for fall for JJY.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Love the drama... I still watch it over and over for the past weeks. I take the final as happy ending and the girl who gave GQS pill at the final is YX and somehow she survived because of the bracelet. The bracelet got destroyed for reviving YX and somehow the knowledge inside merged into YX brain for eternity. Otherwise come on... LFY has been abandoned by everyone in his life. TL and NJ also make their own family with their own problems in establishing new empire. If LFY alone in the end it's really a suck ending. Hehehehe just my thoughts

This drama makes me fall for ZZH. I think better to make Jin yong adaptation than to make 2nd season for Yunxi. The title is Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre.

ZZH is very suitable for ZWJ role and JJY for Zhao Min. JJY can play more powerful female lead as ZM. In LoY JJY casted as weakling and burden for LFY but this girl got lots of potential as ZM. ZZH will be convincing and as ZWJ he can be cool but also warm at the same time making 4 girls falling for him at the same time. Last ZWJ was a disappointment because lack of charm to me but ZZH will be a perfect choice. He can be warm at the beginning of the story as ZWJ but along with the story he can be cool and wiser as the conflicts arise.

I think both of them will even make super chemistry if this happened. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, graceeedwardmom said:

ZZH has another drama coming up this year i hope to see people who love him in that thread ;p He play's one of the best generals in Chinese history. 

• Like 4

Hi all , just dropping a note to say how I much I am  enjoying this drama . My colleague recommended & I decided to check it out. I’m only at episode 5. Started yesterday but was completely hooked from the get go. I don’t watch many c dramas , last one being Ten Miles but this storyline does feel quite special & unique to me . Unlike some dramas , that takes a while to get its footing  , this one has really good pacing & I did not find any part boring

What really works for me  is the pairing of the main leads . They have chemistry. There’s something about them being on the same screen together that makes me smile & squeal, and they’re not even in love yet . She’s still spying on him & he is suspicious of her every move :sweatingbullets:. Can’t wait to see the romance take off. 

Her chirpy cheeky personality is really polar opposite to the serious ice block disposition that he carries .  I cracked up at all her efforts in trying to look for that birth mark. 

Also in that flashback when he became zombie like and won the war - so was he also “injected “ and experimented on like the young child he saved ?

Interesting relationship that YX has with her dad. He does love her in spite of what she thinks ,  but really doesn’t seem to show it to her in the best way. I can understand why he would want to prevent her from marrying as he can probably see the marriage is nothing more than using  her as a pawn in someone else’s chess game. But making her sick the day of her marriage isn’t my idea of tough love. It’s no wonder she  misunderstands him  time & again. 

Will back read when I have caught up with more

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

@triplem Haven't watched the drama yet but read some of the novel before. Seems like the dad(adoptive dad?) is not the same as in the novel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2018 at 7:31 PM, rahnia said:

...just want to see them onstage again :blush:

There is some kind of fan meet in Beijing on the 31st of this month and both are scheduled to appear so hope we get to see that.  

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

Seems like the dad(adoptive dad?) is not the same as in the novel.

I read bits and pieces of the book because it was too long to read in its entirety, especially when the translation was rather bad, and I agree with those on here who has said they did a good job adapting the novel to this drama format.  It is condensed into a more compact story yet keep the core essence and has coherency rather than be all over the place.  If you liked the novel, you should definitely watch the drama.  I think all the characters are very well developed and play a role to drive the story lines.  The chemistry between the leads makes the lead characters in the novel come to live.

2 hours ago, triplem said:

There’s something about them being on the same screen together that makes me smile & squeal, and they’re not even in love yet .

Same thing for me except for the squeal part:D.  They got me from the start when he first fell into her arms on their wedding day and it only got better from there.  It also helps that the lead characters are so well developed and communicate with each other on a regular basis.  She tells him what is on her mind and he uses action to substitute for words to show how he feels about her.  I just love the dynamics of their relationship.  It's one of the best ones between the leads that I have ever seen in a drama.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@yueyyo I heard that the ending was open-ended and that there might be a season 2. I kinda hate open endings..

• Like 4

i watched up to ep 25. i really like it so far and  i fall in love with the main cast, they look so cute together in the drama and i love the comedy relieve from the other bickering pair and it's always nice to have good opening/ending themes. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, triplem said:

Hi all , just dropping a note to say how I much I am  enjoying this drama . My colleague recommended & I decided to check it out. I’m only at episode 5. Started yesterday but was completely hooked from the get go. I don’t watch many c dramas , last one being Ten Miles but this storyline does feel quite special & unique to me . Unlike some dramas , that takes a while to get its footing  , this one has really good pacing & I did not find any part boring

What really works for me  is the pairing of the main leads . They have chemistry. There’s something about them being on the same screen together that makes me smile & squeal, and they’re not even in love yet . She’s still spying on him & his suspicious of her every move :sweatingbullets:. Can’t wait to see the romance take off. 

Her chirpy cheeky personality is really polar opposite to the serious ice block disposition that he carries .  I cracked up at all her efforts in trying to look for that birth mark. 

Also in that flashback when he became zombie like and won the war - so was he also “injected “ and experimented on like the young child he saved ?

Interesting relationship that YX has with her dad. He does love her in spite of what she thinks ,  but really doesn’t seem to show it to her in the best way. I can understand why he would want to prevent her from marrying as he can probably see the marriage is nothing more than using  her as a pawn in someone else’s chess game. But making her sick the day of her marriage isn’t my idea of tough love. It’s no wonder she  misunderstands him  time & again. 

Will back read when I have caught up with more

One of the greatest pleasures I get out of this drama is watching LFY thaw out gradually. But once you get to Episode 10 (one of my favourites) and see the effect that she has on him little by little and how her personality breaks through his defences... this show will undoubtedly become your new crack. But it goes both ways. There's a lot of well placed give and take in this. This show I believe has one of the best use of skinship I have ever seen in a C drama. It's both clever and consistent. As @yueyyo has rightly pointed... the OTP dynamic is so well crafted and integrated into the overall storyline that you wonder why it's not done more often. I love how their intelligence as individuals translate into their relationship and how they learn to trust each other through various obstacles.

Glad to see you here, dear. You will really like this show (because you and I are drama buddies) and I was going to tell you about it when LoM was over because once you start, you won't stop. ;) I binged watch the whole thing in less than a week. Some episodes I've watched several times and I've watched the whole thing at least twice already.

You're right about the adoptive dad. He's really not a bad fellow. He has his reasons but there's no denying that she was hurt by him. 

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@yueyyo I heard that the ending was open-ended and that there might be a season 2. I kinda hate open endings..

It is an open ending but all the wonderful lovey dovey scenes you get leading up to it more or less makes up for that. The last third of the drama is very angsty but the OTP is unstoppable. ;) 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Wotad said:

ZZH has another drama coming up this year i hope to see people who love him in that thread ;p He play's one of the best generals in Chinese history. 

I know it's Zhao Ge. Kinda expecting it too but i feel that it will be sad romance. Hope i was wrong.

• Like 2

Yay @40somethingahjumma   I’m Glad to see you here . I know I’ll love this then. Something really addictive about this drama . I noticed they have only subbed up to half of the episodes. Looks like I’ll have to tap into my elementary understanding of mandarin if I want to watch further :sweatingbullets:

I almost forgot to live watch LoM  because of this :D . As you know I have a soft spot for the quiet  type of male leads. I’m guessing that there will be some love triangle or quadrangle thrown in ?

@Lunkera I did not read the book, so i won’t be able to compare. But after 5 episodes I can definitely recommend this adaptation.

@yueyyo I was just waiting for the moment that he would reveal that he’s the Duke. I giggled when she asked him to leave after she treated his wounds & he asked her where they were going on their wedding night ! :lol:

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

57 minutes ago, triplem said:

Yay @40somethingahjumma   I’m Glad to see you here . I know I’ll love this then. Something really addictive about this drama . I noticed they have only subbed up to half of the episodes. Looks like I’ll have to tap into my elementary understanding of mandarin if I want to watch further :sweatingbullets:

I almost forgot to live watch LoM  because of this :D . As you know I have a soft spot for the quiet  type of male leads. I’m guessing that there will be some love triangle or quadrangle thrown in ?

The subbing schedule isn't too bad. They manage to get about six episodes done a week. I don't really agree with translating LFY as "duke" and that's the part that gets my goat but everything else is reasonably good. At least the bits I've seen. ;) He really should be translated "Prince" because he is officially the Emperor's brother and the son of a former emperor. And she's definitely not a duchess! Ack! Consort is really the right term here.

It's not just the OTP, the overall storyline is actually very good. I quite enjoy the Hulk-Wolverine aspect to it. Much more interesting than the much more popular one that's currently airing. Supporting characters are very well used in this as well.

I knew that you'd like it after A Poem a Day. It's a similar sort of dynamic. ;)

And yes, there is a quadrangle of sorts... Third party are annoying at times but occasionally it effectively lights the fire under the prince's rear end. ;) But the OTP's very solid... they don't really have eyes for other people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The subbing schedule isn't too bad. They manage to get about six episodes done a week. I don't really agree with translating LFY as "duke" and that's the part that gets my goat but everything else is reasonably good. At least the bits I've seen. ;) He really should be translated "Prince" because he is officially the Emperor's brother and the son of a former emperor. And she's definitely not a duchess! Ack! Consort is really the right term here.

No wonder . I kept wondering why they called him Duke when it sounded like Prince to me . But my mandarin is not great so I am really dependent on subs. In fact in the site I used , they did not fully sub the entire conversation and there were some missing bits. Fortunately I can still get the jisc. 

You are right - definitely giving me A Poem A Day feels ! Ever since APAD , I have been on the hunt for a drama that would give me the same excitement In terms of romance . This looks like it. :D 

Oh talking about the Prince’s rear end , did they just show that in eps 6??? I’m so used to the k dramas where things are blurred out , that I was rather surprised it wasn’t edited :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, triplem said:

No wonder . I kept wondering why they called him Duke when it sounded like Prince to me . But my mandarin is not great so I am really dependent on subs. In fact in the site I used , they did not fully sub the entire conversation and there were some missing bits. Fortunately I can still get the jisc. 

You are right - definitely giving me A Poem A Day feels ! Ever since APAD , I have been on the hunt for a drama that would give me the same excitement In terms of romance . This looks like it. :D 

Oh talking about the Prince’s rear end , did they just show that in eps 6??? I’m so used to the k dramas where things are blurred out , that I was rather surprised it wasn’t edited :lol:

I helped clean up some of the subs on YT for certain episodes but the job's too big just for a handful of people. One single episode can take me up to 7 hours to clean up and translate on my own. Plus most people seem to have found their way to a particular site that's managed to sub up to Episode 30, I think... so it might be best you head there. Like I said, it's not bad, titles excepted. I've taken to calling the prince LFY... so that I don't confuse anyone here. ;)

As for your question... I'd say... yes, I think so. Whether it's ZZH's or a body double, I haven't been told. :PBut I was surprised too. Some actors probably have no qualms about such things. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

19 hours ago, yueyyo said:

I read bits and pieces of the book because it was too long to read in its entirety, especially when the translation was rather bad, and I agree with those on here who has said they did a good job adapting the novel to this drama format.  It is condensed into a more compact story yet keep the core essence and has coherency rather than be all over the place.  If you liked the novel, you should definitely watch the drama.  I think all the characters are very well developed and play a role to drive the story lines.  The chemistry between the leads makes the lead characters in the novel come to live.

I agree about the adaptation for the drama. Though to achieve that, they need to made a quite major changes from the novel. If it follows all the stories from the novel, it will be too long, even 100 episodes may not be enough :D. However, the drama itself has been really really enjoyable so far and I have no complains for the main leads.

Just curious though, if you don't mind me asking, where did you read the novel with that rather bad translation? (If we can't mention any names/sites here, could you kindly PM me?).

15 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Assuming that the current Subber for the drama did follow the novel translation, I think the explanation from the novel translator below could explain why Qin wang was translated into Duke of Qin (this parts was taken directly from the novel translation, so all credits go to the translator :)):

Spoiler

Ch 224 of Poison Genius Consort:

Long Feiye’s gaze was calm. He was about to keep talking when there was a sudden announcement.

Qinwang Rong arrives…”

Qinwang Rong!

Who was he? Tianning had six ranks of prince (wang), duke (gong), marquis (hou), earl (bo), viscount (zi), and baron (nan) 1. The princes (wang) were blood relations of the imperial clan. Princes of the first rank were typically called Qinwang 2, while those of the second rank were called Junwang3. Judging by status alone, Qinwang Rong and the Duke of Qin were both equal to Qinwang rank. But in terms of seniority within the family, both the Duke of Qin and Emperor Tianhui had to call this Qingwang Rong their imperial uncle.

Foot notes from the translator:

1. prince, duke, marquis, earl, viscount, baron (王,公,侯,伯,子,男) – wang, gong, hou, bo, zi, nan, noble titles of differing ranks and their approximate English equivalents. Note: the Duke of Qin is literally “Qin Wang” (秦王), and his ranking is officially equal to that of the princes (wang). However, I did not translate him as “Prince Qin” to avoid confusion, as his power is greater than that of the imperial princes. There were also consistency/clarity considerations related to spoilers for later on in the story.
  2. Qinwang (亲王) – a prince of the first rank in the imperial clan, usually sons of the emperor. Important Note: the “Qin” in Qinwang is a different character from the Qin in Duke of Qin (亲 vs 秦). Qin (亲) means “next of kin, blood relation, relative” while Qin (秦) is a surname.
  3. Junwang (郡王) – a prince of the second rank. Jun is a character that means “prefecture.”

Additional note from me:

Actually, in the novel, HYX was called as Qin wangfei instead of Duchess of Qin. Then again, it was not the same with LFY's title Qin wang to avoid any confusion with Rong Qinwang especially to readers who did not familiar with Chinese imperial ranks. And for the mentions of Qinwang Rong instead of Rong Qinwang, in my personal opinion, the translator want to put all imperial title before the name like Emperor Tianhui and Duke of Qin, so it would be Qinwang Rong (it would be too much if it was translated to "the Prince of First Rank Rong" ^_^).

PS: Rong Qinwang role in the drama is the Royal Uncle who supports Long Tianmo, the crown prince.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks, @cancergirl87! I thought I read somewhere that ZZH liked to tease JJY because she was easy to laugh :P

Finally, I've watched until epi 30 (and rewatched the later episodes in raw). I agree with people here saying that the chemistry of the leads was good and one of the highlights of the show. YX and Feiye are a sweet young couple who are still innocent (in term of romance ) and make the viewers enjoying their building relationship . It's fun to see them having their differences and deal with them, becoming jealous, overcoming obstacles, or slowly opening up themselves to the other. 

In addition, the supporting roles are not bad as well. One of the good things about the show is watching people around Feiye-YX slowly accepting their relationship and supporting them, such as Tang Li and Consort Yi. The political struggle is quite interesting as well, and several supporting actors/actresses are performing well. Despite how I love the actor who acts as the Emperor, I actually hate the character . And regarding the battle of the Princes, I also support the Crown Prince, simply because I feel that the 2nd Prince is more evil and cunning than him. 

All I can say is the good things in the show makes me accept its weaknesses. Perhaps that's why I'm still enjoying this. Regarding that weakness, it's too bad that the drama wont explain how the real Feiye was switched with this new one. I wonder :

How come Consort Yi doesnt even know that the current Feiye is a fake one? She said (to BMX) that there was this periode of time when she was not able to meet her son. When was that? I thought that she and baby Feiye were sent to a distant palace together. 

She will have a conversation with Feiye regarding this in epi 39, and I'm curious about what they're going to talk about. 

• Like 4