[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Eps 47, wedding scene.. is that real or only in her dream? Because HYX mentioned in her letter to her family she had a dream... i am confused...

The first time I watched it, I had the same question but after watching it several times, I am pretty sure it was real:D.  I think she even dressed more maturely after the wedding night when she gave LFY the drink to make him fall asleep before she tried the cure for his zombie poison.  

12 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Feeling like there is a void after finishing watching this drama :( 

Many of us had been there and done that:lol:.

11 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

does anyone else think LFY's outfits are much nicer then HYX?

It is to be expected since he is of royal origin and she just marry into royalty.   Besides, he's taller so he probably looks better in his outfits anyway:D.

3 hours ago, yueyyo said:

The first time I watched it, I had the same question but after watching it several times, I am pretty sure it was real:D.  I think she even dressed more maturely after the wedding night when she gave LFY the drink to make him fall asleep before she tried the cure for his zombie poison.  

It is to be expected since he is of royal origin and she just marry into royalty.   Besides, he's taller so he probably looks better in his outfits anyway:D.

Thank you for clarifying those.

So in Eps 47, before marriage scene, LFY was very sick lying on the bed and HYX gave him so meds in a bowl. What did she give him? Is that because of the meds, LFY recovered so quickly And look well for them to get married? 

I heard they both are in new drama together?

4 hours ago, yueyyo said:

16 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Feeling like there is a void after finishing watching this drama :( 

Haha:lol:! Yep, still not filled the void:cry:

4 hours ago, yueyyo said:

15 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

does anyone else think LFY's outfits are much nicer then HYX?

Yes, also remember she was from a poorer family and she was an unwanted bride so LFY and his mother were not giving her money to dress befitting her new station.  Later on in the drama LFY's mother even comments on how poorly she dresses and that's when LFY finally buys her some new clothes and accessories and we see her clothes improve.

1 hour ago, sharonfu18 said:

So in Eps 47, before marriage scene, LFY was very sick lying on the bed and HYX gave him so meds in a bowl. What did she give him? Is that because of the meds, LFY recovered so quickly And look well for them to get married? 

I heard they both are in new drama together?

I need to rewatch but, yes, I think it was medication she made for him. That and his sheer determination and willpower so they could finally have a wedding and a wedding night ;)  However, anything she gave him was just a temporary fix as he was still dying until she created the final antidote by sacrificing herself.

I wish that were true about another drama together but I haven't heard anything like that.

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes, also remember she was from a poorer family and she was an unwanted bride so LFY and his mother were not giving her money to dress befitting her new station.  Later on in the drama LFY's mother even comments on how poorly she dresses and that's when LFY finally buys her some new clothes and accessories and we see her clothes improve.

I need to rewatch but, yes, I think it was medication she made for him. That and his sheer determination and willpower so they could finally have a wedding and a wedding night ;)  However, anything she gave him was just a temporary fix as he was still dying until she created the final antidote by sacrificing herself.

I wish that were true about another drama together but I haven't heard anything like that.

Cool thanks for clarifying. That scene in Eps 47 where LFY was lying on the bed and he looked like he was dying ... and next moment , they are getting married? Unless she gave him the herbal meds that GQS tried to hide from her? 

Love the relationship and love between LFY and HYX ... but somehow I have this feeling that GQS brought her more happier experiences and memories.... does anyone else feels the same? 

I love how GQS always there to care, helped and protected her. Feel so bad for him too 

21 hours ago, raziela said:

Regarding the drama... my mistake... the new drama is Zhao Ge with Zhang Zhe Han, Yalkun Merxat, Wu Jin Yan (from Yanxi which was my favourite prior to Yunxi). Does anyone know when is Zhao Ge airing?

Does anyone think how LFY was so protective and loved HYX was largely due to the fact that her mother saved his life?

On 11/22/2018 at 10:26 AM, sharonfu18 said:

Cool thanks for clarifying. That scene in Eps 47 where LFY was lying on the bed and he looked like he was dying ... and next moment , they are getting married? Unless she gave him the herbal meds that GQS tried to hide from her? 

Love the relationship and love between LFY and HYX ... but somehow I have this feeling that GQS brought her more happier experiences and memories.... does anyone else feels the same? 

I love how GQS always there to care, helped and protected her. Feel so bad for him too 

GQS was like her bestie and their relationship was much more simple than her marriage to LFY.

I mean being married to the daughter of the man who helped destroy your people and completely ruined your life is always going to be complicated. But at the end despite all the angst and pain Yun Xi as she was dying in GQS's arms Yun Xi had no regrets about marrying and loving LFY and said she would do it all again so I think that says it all about who brought her the greatest happiness.

On 11/23/2018 at 2:31 AM, sharonfu18 said:

Regarding the drama... my mistake... the new drama is Zhao Ge with Zhang Zhe Han, Yalkun Merxat, Wu Jin Yan (from Yanxi which was my favourite prior to Yunxi). Does anyone know when is Zhao Ge airing?

Does anyone think how LFY was so protective and loved HYX was largely due to the fact that her mother saved his life?

There is no news on Zhao Ge airing date yet.  The writer of that drama is very hit or miss so I am managing my expectations.

I don't agree.  I think LFY loved Yun Xi because of who she was not because of her mother. I think realising who her mother was just contributed to him being willing to give YX a chance and also allowed him to how his gratitude for the sacrifice she made saving him.  As for him being so protective I think that's just his personality.

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but for any novel readers are we going to get Ning Jing or her equivalent in the novel?  I loved their sismance in the drama so much! 

I am now on chapter 192 of the novel and  I am still enjoying it a lot but I am so tired of every single female in the novel who meets HYX being a jealous, richard simmons schemer :crazy:.  Please tell me there will be at least one other likeable female in this book beside Han Yun Xi!

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but for any novel readers are we going to get Ning Jing or her equivalent in the novel?  I loved their sismance in the drama so much! 

I am now on chapter 192 of the novel and  I am still enjoying it a lot but I am so tired of every single female in the novel who meets HYX being a jealous, richard simmons schemer :crazy:.  Please tell me there will be at least one other likeable female in this book beside Han Yun Xi!

I'm caught up to the available translated chapters, and Ning Jing does show up (and does a not so nice thing to Tang Li!), but HYX hasn't even met her yet at chapter 600+.

My memory is a little fuzzy but there is at least one non-antagonistic female character!

Spoiler

Ironically enough it's Bai Li Ming Xiang, who's much different in the novel than in the drama.   Also there's a female character who hated HYX at first but will sort of turn friendly.  I don't want to spoil too much but I can if you want!

13 hours ago, owlstar said:

I'm caught up to the available translated chapters, and Ning Jing does show up (and does a not so nice thing to Tang Li!), but HYX hasn't even met her yet at chapter 600+.

My memory is a little fuzzy but there is at least one non-antagonistic female character!

Reveal hidden contents

Ironically enough it's Bai Li Ming Xiang, who's much different in the novel than in the drama.   Also there's a female character who hated HYX at first but will sort of turn friendly.  I don't want to spoil too much but I can if you want!

Thank you so much for responding:)  Happy to know Ning Jing will appear but sad it is going to be a long time before I see her. I hope she is as likeable as in the drama. Tang Li actually just appeared for the first time in chapter 191 and he is definitely not as cute as DramaTang Li!

I feel like Murong Wanru in the drama is closest to the insufferable drama 

Spoiler

Bai Li Ming Xiang.  How funny that Book Bai Li Ming Xiang is actually more tolerable.  I'll look forward to meeting her and the sort of friendly female character.  

I don't understand why some authors do this.  It's like they think unless every women they come across isn't a vicious, vindictive, jealous harpy it will make the heroine less amazing, beautiful, popular, talented or something. :rolleyes:

On 11/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, raziela said:

*waves* I was starting to get sad that this thread seemed dead lol. I'm still reading the novel too, and loving it. I'm on C 489 but slowing down because I don't want to catch up the translated chapters because I don't want to wait every day for new chapters haha! 

I still haven't found another crack drama that's as good and addictive as this one! I will probably have to watch it again...for the 4th time soon LOL. I'm waiting for ZZH's new dramas and seems he's also filming some movies so hopefully they'll be out next year.

19 hours ago, taragreen said:

*waves* I was starting to get sad that this thread seemed dead lol. I'm still reading the novel too, and loving it. I'm on C 489 but slowing down because I don't want to catch up the translated chapters because I don't want to wait every day for new chapters haha! 

I still haven't found another crack drama that's as good and addictive as this one! I will probably have to watch it again...for the 4th time soon LOL. I'm waiting for ZZH's new dramas and seems he's also filming some movies so hopefully they'll be out next year.

*waves back*   It's always sad when a thread slow down once the drama ends.  I'm just gla a few of you are still around!

i am so far behind the chapters compared to the rest of you.  Maybe that's a good thing as I don't need to worry with catching up with the translations anytime soon haha:P

I'm still looking too.  I started watching Ever Night last week and it's the first drama since Legend of Yun Xi I've really enjoyed but it is a very different type of drama.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, taragreen said:

I have no self control so couldn't stop myself from gobbling up all the chapters.  But yeah, waiting for chapters is kind of painful, not sure why but the author has stopped translating again.  At this rate I don't even know if the book will even be done in 2-3 years.  I think I might just re-read it from beginning once it's all translated because I'm already starting to forget character names/plot lines. 

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 PM, raziela said:

I don't understand why some authors do this.  It's like they think unless every women they come across isn't a vicious, vindictive, jealous harpy it will make the heroine less amazing, beautiful, popular, talented or something. :rolleyes:

I've dabbled in a few other translated novels,, but nothing comes close to Yun Xi in terms of character development and world building.  There are so many transmigration stories for some reason, and it seems like the female lead is always hated by many many female characters and loved by many many male characters.  It's really odd actually.

On 11/30/2018 at 8:39 PM, taragreen said:

14 hours ago, raziela said:

I'm still looking too.  I started watching Ever Night last week and it's the first drama since Legend of Yun Xi I've really enjoyed but it is a very different type of drama.

I haven't really found anything good to watch either (and now you're making me want to rewatch Yun Xi again too lol). :rolleyes:   I started watching Colourful Bone but it's not really doing it for me even though the male lead actor is attractive enough.  I heard some good things about Ever Night but I like to marathon watch so will wait until it's done airing (although I heard there's a season 2?).  Wonder if Zhao Ge will really air this month...  

23 hours ago, owlstar said:

I have no self control so couldn't stop myself from gobbling up all the chapters.  But yeah, waiting for chapters is kind of painful, not sure why but the author has stopped translating again.  At this rate I don't even know if the book will even be done in 2-3 years.  I think I might just re-read it from beginning once it's all translated because I'm already starting to forget character names/plot lines. 

I've dabbled in a few other translated novels,, but nothing comes close to Yun Xi in terms of character development and world building.  There are so many transmigration stories for some reason, and it seems like the female lead is always hated by many many female characters and loved by many many male characters.  It's really odd actually.

I think the translator is currently hectic with her real life, after her accident the last time she went on hiatus. So, let's just be patient, since the first readers have been enjoying the journey since around 2 years ago too :) .

A bit off topic but if you're interested, maybe you could read Return of the Swallow (it is an ongoing translation and you can find it in the same sites as Poison Genius Consort). The story is good and for once it is not about transmigration or reincarnation. I also found a very likeable family (well, except a veeeeery few of family members and not so much of the main lead's mother in the beginning but she is growing better in the later parts).

On 12/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, owlstar said:

I haven't really found anything good to watch either (and now you're making me want to rewatch Yun Xi again too lol). :rolleyes:   I started watching Colourful Bone but it's not really doing it for me even though the male lead actor is attractive enough.  I heard some good things about Ever Night but I like to marathon watch so will wait until it's done airing (although I heard there's a season 2?).  Wonder if Zhao Ge will really air this month...  

I guess it's a good thing I'm like 500 chapters behind everyone else then :lol: I only manage to read a few chapters a day so at the rate I'm going I won't catch up with the translated chapter until next summer lol!

I think it's because of the whole Mary Sue phenomenon that they have to have all the other women hate her and all the men desire the female lead.  It's poor writing but most of these stories are self-inserts so of course the heroine has to be the most beautiful, smartest, talented and all the girls inferior.

Colourful Bone was a drama that needed to be about 25 episodes shorter IMO.  I really really liked the lead actor and lead actress but it got to the point where I was just fast forwarding through everything but their scenes.

11 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

I think the translator is currently hectic with her real life, after her accident the last time she went on hiatus. So, let's just be patient, since the first readers have been enjoying the journey since around 2 years ago too :) .

A bit off topic but if you're interested, maybe you could read Return of the Swallow (it is an ongoing translation and you can find it in the same sites as Poison Genius Consort). The story is good and for once it is not about transmigration or reincarnation. I also found a very likeable family (well, except a veeeeery few of family members and not so much of the main lead's mother in the beginning but she is growing better in the later parts).

I was so sad to read here about the translator's accident.  I'm obviously much further behind than most people but reading her comments and notes in the chapters she seems so nice and funny.  Hope she is doing well now.

Thanks very much for the Return of the Swallow recommendation.  I just looked at the synopsis and it sounds very promising.  More my kind of story actually.  I'm not usually a fan of transmigration stories which is why I'm surprised I like LoYX so much!

On 12/3/2018 at 7:15 AM, cancergirl87 said:

I really like Ruyi's work and it amazes me that she's translating such a gargantuan project by herself.  Of course life happens and I hope she's ok. Whens she goes missing for a while,  I start getting scared the project will get dropped altogether. :blink:

Thank you for the recommendation!  I'll definitely put it on my reading list.  Please let me know if you have any other recs.  I prefer to read about how the main couple slowly develop feelings rather than just because, and I'm especially partial to ice cube male leads.  ;)

20 hours ago, raziela said:

I think it's because of the whole Mary Sue phenomenon that they have to have all the other women hate her and all the men desire the female lead.  It's poor writing but most of these stories are self-inserts so of course the heroine has to be the most beautiful, smartest, talented and all the girls inferior.

Colourful Bone was a drama that needed to be about 25 episodes shorter IMO.  I really really liked the lead actor and lead actress but it got to the point where I was just fast forwarding through everything but their scenes.

I hear a lot of people complain about Mary Sue characters in dramas, but it's so much worse in (some/most) novels!  Colourful Bone had an interesting  premise but it just seemed to take a huge detour after the initial episodes.  I heard that the lead actor is going to be Yang Guo in the new Condor Heroes remake, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing him in a better wig. :P

On 12/4/2018 at 10:59 PM, owlstar said:

I hear a lot of people complain about Mary Sue characters in dramas, but it's so much worse in (some/most) novels!  Colourful Bone had an interesting  premise but it just seemed to take a huge detour after the initial episodes.  I heard that the lead actor is going to be Yang Guo in the new Condor Heroes remake, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing him in a better wig. :P

I've just read the first few chapters of the Return of the Swallow as recommended by @cancergirl87 and I liked them! Surprisingly lyrical and descriptive writing and lovely translation. I like the female lead too.

I agree Colourful Bone plot sounded so interesting but way too many tangents and side stories.  :lol::lol::lol: about your wig comment.  It was a bad wig!  Some posters and stills for the new Condor Heroes just came out and his wig does look better - but not by much lol :lol:

He also shot another drama with the lead actress from Colourful Bone so I'm looking forward to seeing their chemistry together again in a modern setting.

16 hours ago, raziela said:

Some posters and stills for the new Condor Heroes just came out and his wig does look better - but not by much lol :lol:

Condor Heroes is one of my favorite stories but the last one with CX/MC totally ruined it for me. At this point, they really need to stop making them every 2 years lol.

I'm sad that ZZH did not play Zhang Wuji in the new HSDS because the trailer looks pretty awesome. He would have been the most handsome ZWJ. =)

4 hours ago, taragreen said:

Condor Heroes is one of my favorite stories but the last one with CX/MC totally ruined it for me. At this point, they really need to stop making them every 2 years lol.

Everyone says that version is terrible.  It feels like it's the law or something that they remake Condor Heroes every couple of years :lol:  

4 hours ago, taragreen said:

I'm sad that ZZH did not play Zhang Wuji in the new HSDS because the trailer looks pretty awesome. He would have been the most handsome ZWJ. =)

Poor ZZH just not have good luck with choosing dramas.  Glad he at least had a hit with Yun Xi.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:46 PM, raziela said:

Some posters and stills for the new Condor Heroes just came out and his wig does look better - but not by much lol :lol:

He also shot another drama with the lead actress from Colourful Bone so I'm looking forward to seeing their chemistry together again in a modern setting.

I just checked out those pictures too.  They're definitely going for a ... uhh...  different look than the last colorful CX/MC version. :blink:

What's the new drama with both the leads from Colourful Bone called?  Kind of unusual for them to be reunited in another drama already.  Wouldn't it be so great to see LFY & HYX in another drama together?  I would totally watch that. 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:12 PM, taragreen said:

I was really surprised to hear they were making another Condor Heroes so soon, last one was not that long ago.  I'm actually looking forward to seeing HSDS even though it would've been better if ZZH was playing ZWJ. Last version was 2009, so I think once every decade is probably good.  :rolleyes:

Archived