[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

9 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Let me recount the great husband qualities of our Long Fei Yue.

Spoiler

1. Even though he was diverted from the first wedding ceremony, Fei Yue always accepted that Yun Xi is his wife. It was cleared when he told her that they needed to entered the palace to thank his royal relatives. He reaffirmed that when he warned Princess Chang Ping on who Yun Xi is. As the Chinese has a saying, "even you do not give the monk the due respect, you must give the due respect because of Buddha".  

2. Long Fei Yue saved Yun Xi numerous times. From falling into the water to assassins. He pop up almost like a "genie". Furthermore, he smiles because of Yun Xi that even Xi Fong noticed it too. Every time, Yun Xi is hurt or drunk, he remains by her side.

3. At the 3rd Mother's case, he makes the grand entrance at the magistrate reaffirming once again Yun Xi's status as his Duchess. Yun Xi actually sorted Xi Fong's help but Fei Yue overheard her request and came personally to help her.

4. Anybody counted how many times that Yun Xi jumped onto Fei Yue and his expression every time it happens is such a delight to watch. It looked like he got electrocuted when she did that.

5. Fei Yue is pleased with her loyalty when she started to make up "fake" news to report to the Empress Dowager that even he found it so amusing.

6. At General Mu's poison case, Fei Yue once again reaffirmed Yun Xi's status as his wife and Princess Chang Ping got another scolding.

7. Yun Xi even managed to improve her relationship with her own mother in law by getting the Empress Dowager to come begging for a rare herb that the Consort Dowager owns. Yun Xi got her revenge from her mistreatment under Princess Chang Ping by giving her deadly case of severe rash.

8. My favourite is Yun Xi's return to her maternal home. The treatment she got from them almost had them all beheaded when Fei Yue witnessed the mistreatment for himself. He again reaffirms that Yun Xi is his wife and that he had no desire to take another sister in. He even saved Yun Xi from being scalded. It was also the first time they shared a bed and he found out what a terrible sleeper Yun Xi really is. Fei Yue also learns that it was Yun Xi's mother who was the one who saved him.

9. I actually disliked Bai Li Min Siao as she imposed an emotional burden onto Fei Yue by "sacrificing" herself to be the Poison Maiden in order to treat Fei Yue's zombie poison.  She did that in hope that Fei Yue will love her. You cannot blackmail someone to love you. Great scene in Episode 17 when Yun Xi got drunk, jumps onto Fei Yue, kissed him and dragged him to the room to make "babies". Later, Fei Yue will teased Yun Xi on the "making babies" incident and Yun Xi's reply was she had not prepared for it yet.

10. The Consort Dowager also have to give in when it is obvious that Fei Yue loves Yun Xi and she has no plans to obstruct their relationship. Mother in law and daughter in law's relationship improves as they both gang up on Empress Dowager. Yun Xi knew by that time Empress Dowager lied about her mother being alive.

11. Of course, there is a whole dilemma that Yun Xi had one parent who saved Fei Yue's life and one who literally destroyed it. Yun Xi's adopted father literally told that he did not think Fei Yue is the ideal husband material for Yun Xi. Both fathers accepted the fact that our couple really loved each other. 

12. Bai Li Min Siao had Yun Xi's birth father killed so she can later kill Yun Xi for her blood to cure the zombie poison. Stupid of Fei Yue for noble idiocy to take the blame for it. But Yun Xi found out the truth but Fei Yue's zombie worsen. Yun Xi learned from Bai Li Min Siao the way to cure Fei Yue but was banned to pursue it by both Fei Yue and Qi Siao

13. Lovely to watch the actual wedding where Fei Yue kissed the sedan door this time and a real wedding night. Poor Yun Xi was sneered by Princess Chang Ping, by her own sister and Bai Li Min Siow because Fei Yue did not do it the first round.

I've seen until 7 so far but i really like the you listed those scenes. I can't wait to see the other fei-xi scenes on the screen. 

9 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

This is my list of happy memories. Those who wants to watch a faithful husband that comes with an actual happy ending I will recommend "The General and I".

The general and i is at the top on my favourite cdrama list. General Chu is the epitome of a perfect guy. 

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, visiopeia said:

4. Anybody counted how many times that Yun Xi jumped onto Fei Yue and his expression every time it happens is such a delight to watch. It looked like he got electrocuted when she did that. Yes, everytime she jump onto him.. he will just stunned.. sudden shock.. he looks cute...

The duchess jumping onto the duke and his expression will always be a favourite scene of mine. Although the jumping act can be seen as a bit childish, it's not the case with them. Great execution of the scene by the actors. 

8 hours ago, visiopeia said:

5. Fei Yue is pleased with her loyalty when she started to make up "fake" news to report to the Empress Dowager that even he found it so amusing. Yeah! he even give a laugh.. gosh.. the way he smile able to kill me... hehe

I also love his laugh and smile and i like that most if not all were caused by the duchess. She makes him smile, laugh, worry, and jealous and it makes the series more exciting.

11 hours ago, Wotad said:

I thought general and i had a bad ending but it had a good one? 

Do you know where i can watch raws for legend of yun xi,. 

This makes me want to watch general and I but i heard alot of bad stuff. 

Not sure what you heard but for a man because of one bread given to him by a girl in his childhood set him for life that he had to find her and make her his wife and protect her. Her father died because of him and his mother. He declared she is the woman he ever loved and swore an oath. You got a pesky Royal Consort who harboured a one sided love got tick off every time. He married her, they had a son and in the end they became the Emperor and Empress of the land because he is of that dynasty bloodline.

Actually on the sideline, the best part was the Emperor Brother made his own palace maid his Empress who stood by him during a siege in spite of the Royal Consort who thought she had a chance.

6 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I've seen until 7 so far but i really like the you listed those scenes. I can't wait to see the other fei-xi scenes on the screen. 

The general and i is at the top on my favourite cdrama list. General Chu is the epitome of a perfect guy. 

You haven't watched Sound of Desert.. that one is on the top for me. ;D 

I thought Princess Wei Young also had a decent plot but too many of the repeated scenes as well as drag in between in typical historical dramas.

For those asking for raws, you can watch on  maplestage.

5 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Not sure what you heard but for a man because of one bread given to him by a girl in his childhood set him for life that he had to find her and make her his wife and protect her. Her father died because of him and his mother. He declared she is the woman he ever loved and swore an oath. You got a pesky Royal Consort who harboured a one sided love got tick off every time. He married her, they had a son and in the end they became the Emperor and Empress of the land because he is of that dynasty bloodline.

Actually on the sideline, the best part was the Emperor Brother made his own palace maid his Empress who stood by him during a siege in spite of the Royal Consort who thought she had a chance.

He married the childhood girl or the pesky royal consort? 

6 hours ago, dancingbee said:

What is  ' a man made "zombie" '?

In the drama, a concoction of poison was produced to turn normal human beings to great fighting machine. All nations were keen on having that "technology".

20 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

You haven't watched Sound of Desert.. that one is on the top for me. ;D 

I thought Princess Wei Young also had a decent plot but too many of the repeated scenes as well as drag in between in typical historical dramas.

I think i've seen a few episodes (because i always watch Hu Ge films ;)) but for some reason i don't remember its story/plot. Thank you, i will try to watch it again, i'm sure it's that good because it's at the top on your list. merci!

21 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

In the drama, a concoction of poison was produced to turn normal human beings to great fighting machine. All nations were keen on having that "technology".

So when Prince Qin ( Long Fei Ye )'s eyes turn red in the drama,  does that mean he has turned into a fighting machine or zombi?   
And does that mean he was poisoned?

39 minutes ago, dancingbee said:

So when Prince Qin ( Long Fei Ye )'s eyes turn red in the drama,  does that mean he has turned into a fighting machine or zombi?   
And does that mean he was poisoned?

@dancingbee.... when the prince was younger he was given the concoction of poison continuously and survived the poisoning. When reaching a heighten state he would change into fighting machine. 

21 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I think i've seen a few episodes (because i always watch Hu Ge films ;)) but for some reason i don't remember its story/plot. Thank you, i will try to watch it again, i'm sure it's that good because it's at the top on your list. merci!

Sound of the Desert is a must see!!! Liu Shi Shi has great chemistry with both Eddie Peng and Hu Ge. This was also the drama I become a fan of Eddie Peng because he executed his role as Wuji so well!!! All of them did. 

Back to LOYX, I also like when she jump on Duke Qian and his face looked shocked but amused!!! They are so cute!! Zhe Zhang Hun is so handsome!!!! I hope he continue making more historical drama!

On 7/8/2018 at 8:54 AM, rosierosie said:

Sound of the Desert is a must see!!! Liu Shi Shi has great chemistry with both Eddie Peng and Hu Ge. This was also the drama I become a fan of Eddie Peng because he executed his role as Wuji so well!!! All of them did. 

Back to LOYX, I also like when she jump on Duke Qian and his face looked shocked but amused!!! They are so cute!! Zhe Zhang Hun is so handsome!!!! I hope he continue making more historical drama!

I feel exactly the same way. I love him! I'm so into him beyond reasonable doubt!:D

Regarding the ending,

Spoiler

I love our Yun Xi and Duke as much as any of you but I think we must all accept that Yun Xi died in order to make the antidote for LFY. I know she appeared at the end but I think that is just in the mind of LFY. Maybe because he drank the antidote containing her blood, so that is why she is always with him. Or because 7th Master dropped 2 drops of her blood in the fields. Some people questioned the red dress lady that appeared when 7th Master collapsed but the back view of that woman definitely is not Yun Xi. Another theory is the Poison Beast transforming into a woman and took the bangle in order to revive Yun Xi. Or Yun Xi’s Mother is not dead, and appeared to retrieve her own bangle to save Yun Xi ...

Anyway, I think the story is intended to end with Yun Xi’s sacrifice but the producers of the drama were afraid to incur the wrath of the viewers, so they put in an ambiguous ending.

Beautiful story, beautiful actors. Really enjoyed it, especially Ep. 15 when Yun Xi and Duke visited her family together.

Archived