[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

Hello everyone,

I've just watched this beautiful Cdrama, a year after its release; I know it's a bit late, but I want to add my comment about the ending and I want to speak in favor of GQS.

About the final scene between LFY and YX, I think he died of sadness and he could hug his wife because they were both souls. Maybe I'm wrong but I think this makes more sense than YX's resurrection. Does anyone agree with me?

About the character of GQS, I loved him! And Merxat plays very well! GQS is a nice guy, cheerful and loyal to his friends. He isn't an idiot at all. He loves YX deeply that's why he can't give up on her and be with Yu Ze. If you love someone, you won't stop loving him/her just because you can't be with him/her. You continue to love that person, and it takes time (sometimes a long time) to get room for someone else in your heart. Therefore I agree with the screenwriters: GQS's actions are consistent with his feelings!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2019 at 5:11 PM, Flo04 said:

Hello everyone,

I've just watched this beautiful Cdrama, a year after its release; I know it's a bit late, but I want to add my comment about the ending and I want to speak in favor of GQS.

About the final scene between LFY and YX, I think he died of sadness and he could hug his wife because they were both souls. Maybe I'm wrong but I think this makes more sense than YX's resurrection. Does anyone agree with me?

About the character of GQS, I loved him! And Merxat plays very well! GQS is a nice guy, cheerful and loyal to his friends. He isn't an idiot at all. He loves YX deeply that's why he can't give up on her and be with Yu Ze. If you love someone, you won't stop loving him/her just because you can't be with him/her. You continue to love that person, and it takes time (sometimes a long time) to get room for someone else in your heart. Therefore I agree with the screenwriters: GQS's actions are consistent with his feelings!

I dont agree when you said that LFX and YX souls hug each other, because based on the novel, yunxi is truly still alive....  Honestly I like GQS's character, but in the film I don't like him because he should know that YX is already married with LFY.  I loved YX very much because she is a faithful wife, and very loyal to her husband...

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2019 at 8:33 PM, raziela said:

Really?  That is great news!  Thanks for sharing. I hope they start filming soon.

I guess it's true!  ZZH & JJY reuniting for new drama, now called The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion.  Boot ceremony and all (link) so it's really happening!

EEZITXuUUAETYvR.jpg:large

7 hours ago, owlstar said:

I guess it's true!  ZZH & JJY reuniting for new drama, now called The Blooms at Ruyi Pavilion.  Boot ceremony and all (link) so it's really happening!

You were ahead of everybody with the casting scoop!

I am excited they are reunited again so soon.  I hope they can recapture their great chemistry again (and hopefully some proper kisses this time now JJY is no longer an idol :flushed:)

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I am excited they are reunited again so soon.  I hope they can recapture their great chemistry again (and hopefully some proper kisses this time now JJY is no longer an idol :flushed:)

They have one good kiss when he was jealous of her. But the other kiss was lips barely touching. Though, they have some cute hugs and head patting lol

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I am excited they are reunited again so soon.  I hope they can recapture their great chemistry again (and hopefully some proper kisses this time now JJY is no longer an idol)

So that’s why she was a bit reserved. I thought that it’s just the way she acted. I was a bit confused because she can be bold based on the BTS videos. Well, idol or not, she is good and it’s so nice that they are together again in a new drama. 

26 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

They have one good kiss when he was jealous of her. But the other kiss was lips barely touching. Though, they have some cute hugs and head patting lol

They had that one good kiss but it was a forced kiss.  All their other mutual kisses were so fake -_- 

They are lucky they had such good chemistry and so many other cute scenes-like everytime she jumped on him:D-to make up for the lame kissing scenes :lol: I know some idols don't kiss because they don't want to upset their obsessive fans but JJY has left SNH48 now so hoping she can now do some believable kiss scenes.  They don't have to be deep french kisses with tongues everywhere :lol::lol: but just not those obviously fake, static zoomed out kisses.  I would rather they had just left the kiss scenes out than what we did get!

Excited for this new drama! I’ve been waiting forever for ZZH to have a new drama! BTW, does anyone know if they’ll even air Zhao Ge?

i watched a bit of White Snake but lost interest...main male lead is not my cup of tea but JJY looked beautiful in white.

Will there be a new thread for the new drama?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the new thread. :)

• 1 month later...

didnt like any of Ju Jingyi's work but i gave this a try and omg Zhang Zhehan can have my everything:bawling: too bad this is his most known work, and he looks so good in historical outfits that his real life pics dont interest me as much lol i like to see them again though their next work prob come out next year. i like their chemistry and how the girl isnt annoyingly stupid or the guy too overly cruel. he's just cold lol the Poison Du people's costume had me crack up cause it looks cheap lmaoo but this drama has everything i like and now i need to feel this void ugh i finish everything in 2 days lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2018 at 11:30 AM, thunderman1 said:

All episodes are out. I have watched up to episode 15 and i love it. I think it is cheesy, humorous, and lighthearted.. Not too dramatic yet.

It is open ending so I interpreted that she is alive for season 2. :)

Hi! I recently read PGN novel and I just found out the spoil of the ending of Legend of Yunxi. Is there any sequel about this drama? It is so different and depressing.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:44 AM, bobapls said:

didnt like any of Ju Jingyi's work but i gave this a try and omg Zhang Zhehan can have my everything:bawling: too bad this is his most known work, and he looks so good in historical outfits that his real life pics dont interest me as much lol i like to see them again though their next work prob come out next year. i like their chemistry and how the girl isnt annoyingly stupid or the guy too overly cruel. he's just cold lol the Poison Du people's costume had me crack up cause it looks cheap lmaoo but this drama has everything i like and now i need to feel this void ugh i finish everything in 2 days lol

Me too, really like his historical looks especially his white hair. (He looks so handsome when untying his hair)

On 9/17/2019 at 8:57 AM, sunkissedluna said:

So that’s why she was a bit reserved. I thought that it’s just the way she acted. I was a bit confused because she can be bold based on the BTS videos. Well, idol or not, she is good and it’s so nice that they are together again in a new drama. 

Huh? What is connected from BTS to her?

On 12/1/2019 at 2:28 AM, Miss Ravenclaw said:

Huh? What is connected from BTS to her?

BTS - Behind The Scenes

BTS of the their (ZZH and JJY) previous drama together - Legend of Yunxi. Most videos showed how jolly and fun she is when the camera is not rolling. I said reserve because i was referring to her being a member of an idol which needs to project and maintain certain behaviours. 

• 1 month later...

Count me in as the fans. I am one and half year late but this drama is really something so I cannot move on. I started re-watching and read the novel but only managed up to chapter 500 something. Enough to grasp the feeling to what extent this adaptation is loyal to the original story.

I have a lot to say about drama and novel, but to not flood this thread I would put everything in my own blog. I would just say here that the key is how the producers market the drama itself. Their market is quite segmented to idol fan base initially, so this "sweet and light-hearted" would not do if the drama follows exactly the novel,  not to mention the limitation with budget and the length.

Almost everything is toned down to many extent, notably the coldness of LFY. Actually I could place almost everybody in the drama to the novel, except our two main leads. The only time I could see drama LFY when reading the novel is in the genius strategist part. They fortunately maintained it 100 percent. But the powerful part is pretty much supressed because the drama took an angle where LFY suffer from a long term poison so sometimes he is weak. Too bad, I would love to see more fighting scenes. ZZH looks so cool in the black costume with mask. The noble costume does not help to show his domineering aura, it does not like the novel LFY who wore almost black all the time. Sometimes I feel that novel LFY looks like Batman. Tall, black, powerful, smart, fond of flying and mysterious.

For HYX, I do not always like how she is portrayed in the novel version. She is basically genius in everything, including the palace politics. For someone who travelled from the future, this is unrealistic. Her jealousy is also toned down to many levels in the drama so then we are served with one the sweetest scenes when drama YX got drunk. My biggest problem is, the heroine is from the future. It just feels like cheating when she somehow managed to bring with her the fancy detox system into the past, while at the same time beat every opponent like a highly experienced politician. So her portrayal in drama, with all the shortcoming, comes more naturally to me.

There are some posts that I did not manage to quote, but I would give some comments on it.

The first is the skinship. I agree with the majority that the quantity is enough, not more or less, highly contextual. The quality is a problem. One of them even looks so fake. They would rather have none in my opinion. CDrama anyway is not famous for the heavy skinship and to me this is not something so mandatory (but a nice bonus when placed smartly). After diligently reading this thread from page 1, I understood that it is related to the idol status of JJY. She was under the contract when filming and when the drama is aired. It is also possible that she is inexperienced. She is more or less a new comer, coming from music industry. Her experience is quite limited, much less for lip contact. I imagine those who come from acting school, like ZZH, are trained for such scene so he should not feel awkward. JJY now graduated from an idol status, hopefully she takes the acting responsibility more seriously. But the overall acting of JJY is just great, considering she starts as a singer and idol. She is the next big thing in China entertainment industry if treated properly.   

On LFY's rear end ,  it was witnessed by YX in the novel. So as an adaptation it is quite loyal right, lol. ZZH has the body that we need to see in LFY, except that novel LFY is 10cm taller. As I have no expectation on the rear end scene, I have no idea why this is such an issue if there is double body or not. I assumed it is his own confirmed by his interview, and the first thought when seeing it actually reminding me of a scene in Eastern Promises. Such a dedication, regardless the look that harvested many complaints.

ZZH's acting is great too.  He looks so different than his real person so I initially could not believe this is the actor. On the early episodes I got an impression that he was upset all the time, instead of starring such a blind person like most people think. When he finally smiled, I then got confirmed he was previously acting cold. The character is not an easy one to deliver. Not only cold and aloof, but at the same time has to be domineering, intimidating, powerful, genius and noble. The rare smile in the show is like a precious gemstone. But then I saw his real personality smiled a lot, so it is not that priceless anymore lol. One of my fav scenes on LFY appearance is when he entered the palace wearing red robes with his two generals. He looks so damn gorgeous, confident, aloof and intimidating at the same time.    

On one of the previous discussions, somebody posted an interview/just telling I don't remember which one, when ZZH mentioned that he watched JJY singing performance after their first meeting and he thought that her singing is not bad. It intrigued me, because it means that he did not really realise JJY as an idol. She is the most popular member of SNH48, so being an idol pretty much means you are not really taken seriously lol. But as the show progressing, they really become close up to the point of comfortably grabbing each other hand openly during the fans meeting,  which I think it is either to serve the fans or they are indeed close friend.

On 10/23/2018 at 5:34 AM, yang0837 said:

Lol...all I can think of is Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon. Prince Endymion was one of his alter egos.

giphy.gif

When I watched their fans meeting in YT, I feel that JJY in that dress will fit perfectly as a sailor moon. So maybe ZZH could be the tuxedo mask. What a coincidence with the pic above LOL. 

On 12/2/2018 at 10:23 PM, owlstar said:

I have no self control so couldn't stop myself from gobbling up all the chapters.  But yeah, waiting for chapters is kind of painful, not sure why but the author has stopped translating again.  At this rate I don't even know if the book will even be done in 2-3 years.  I think I might just re-read it from beginning once it's all translated because I'm already starting to forget character names/plot lines. 

I've dabbled in a few other translated novels,, but nothing comes close to Yun Xi in terms of character development and world building.  There are so many transmigration stories for some reason, and it seems like the female lead is always hated by many many female characters and loved by many many male characters.  It's really odd actually.

I haven't really found anything good to watch either (and now you're making me want to rewatch Yun Xi again too lol). :rolleyes:   I started watching Colourful Bone but it's not really doing it for me even though the male lead actor is attractive enough.  I heard some good things about Ever Night but I like to marathon watch so will wait until it's done airing (although I heard there's a season 2?).  Wonder if Zhao Ge will really air this month...  

I want to complete the novel but at the moment I do not feel like dong that. The story gets more complicated. Those who managed to complete it must be a hard core fans. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:28 PM, antonius3258 said:

417px-Ruyifangfei.jpeg

Guys I have a good news!! 

Ju JingYi and Zhang Zhen Han will have a drama together again in 2020, titled The Way of Flavours. JJY as Fu Rong and ZZH as Xu Jin. The entire information can be found at

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/Upcoming_CDrama

and

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Way_of_Favours

Wow!!! Amazing!

I think I was the lucky one, right after watching LOYX I got this news. I hope the story will be great, not only rely on the leads chemistry to success. The male in the poster I could easily pictured as Merxat actually, due to the long hair. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, just checking back in this thread to recommend to everybody who hasn't  been able to move on from LoYX open ended conclusion, to try the currently airing I drama named Under the Power starring Allen Ren and Tan SongYun.  The lead characters have great chemistry and the dynamics of their relationship and characters are kind of like those in LoYX.  Hi to all the new posters.  I am glad you guys love LoYX like we did and hope to see you guys in The Way of Favours ( drama Re-pairing of  JJY and ZZH) thread .  :heart:

Archived