• Director: Masaki Nishiura, Hiroki Hayama, Ryo Tanaka
  • Writer:
  • Network: Fuji TV
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: July 17, 2017 --
  • Runtime: Mondays 21:00
  • Language: Japanese

Plot

Kousaku Aizawa (Tomohisa Yamashita), Megumi Shiraishi (Yui Aragaki), Mihoko Hiyama (Erika Toda), Kazuo Fuikawa (Yosuke Asari) and Haruka Saejima (Manami Higa) have worked and pursued careers down different paths.

Kousaku Aizawa left the hospital emergency room. He now works as a brain surgeon. Megumi Shiraishi works hard as a staff leader for flight doctors at a hospital emergency room. Mihoko Hiyama wanted to become a flight doctor in th past, but she left the hospital emergency room and now works as an ob-gyn. Kazuo Fuikawa works as a emergency physician specializing in orthopedics and works with Megumi Shiraishi. Haruka Saejima still works as a nurse for flight doctors.

They each live fiercely and face new situations.

Cast

Source: asianwiki

I've seen the first episode and I'm absolutely stoked to see the original five back on my screen. However, it seems it's hard to find any site discussing the current drama and that makes me very sad. 

Has any of you seen it? 

On 7/20/2017 at 8:01 AM, sanaeozora said:

I've seen the first episode and I'm absolutely stoked to see the original five back on my screen. However, it seems it's hard to find any site discussing the current drama and that makes me very sad. 

Has any of you seen it? 

I watched the first 15mins w/out subs since I just wanted to get a feel for it. Seems like they haven't missed a beat. I'm waiting for the episode to be posted w/subs and I'll be back. It's hard to discuss the JDramas since every one watches at a different time.  

23 hours ago, evie7 said:

I watched the first 15mins w/out subs since I just wanted to get a feel for it. Seems like they haven't missed a beat. I'm waiting for the episode to be posted w/subs and I'll be back. It's hard to discuss the JDramas since every one watches at a different time.  

@evie7 yeah I know how you feel.  Currently following several Jdramas and not one has been sub! I realized - cdramas are sub faster than jdramas. Guess more cdrama fans? But anyway..

Also checking this... and of course Yamapi!

7 hours ago, jongski said:

@evie7 yeah I know how you feel.  Currently following several Jdramas and not one has been sub! I realized - cdramas are sub faster than jdramas. Guess more cdrama fans? But anyway..

Also checking this... and of course Yamapi!

I usually wait and watched the subbed ones but I love the Code Blue series. They are just entertaining, love the Heli Doctors. I hope we have a big crisis event in this first episode so we can see them in action.  I keep checking for when the subbed episode is up. I will pm you when it's up.

YAY!

I'm so happy I'm not on my own anymore! Feels lonely watching a drama and not finding anyone to discuss it with.

Unfortunately, J-dramas do take longer to get subs, that's the main reason/incentive I had to learn Japanese. I feel C/T-Drama and especially K-Drama fans are luckier as they get pampered with almost real time subs. 

At any rate, I watched the second episode last night and 

Spoiler

it's great to see that Aizawa-sensei has almost taken Kuroda-sensei's role when it comes to the fellows training, not to mention that it was great that the writers did not drag his rejoining of the original team and got him back in heli-action as quickly as possible. I especially enjoyed seeing him getting good results with Yokomine, the new female doctor and how cute it was her reaction to getting a rare compliment from her feared senpai. It was also satisfactory to see Shiraishi playing an almost mama-role, trying to protect the new doctors and mentoring them with kindness. I think this good cop vs bad cop dynamic between Shiraishi and Aizawa will be a blast to watch, not to mention that they have absurd amounts of UST. In fact, while they were arguing, I felt that someone should just tell them to kiss already! 

Another thing carried over from the previous episode was that now that Saejima is pregnant, this will be a source of drama for sure, as we've seen in episode 3's preview. But for now, I'm enjoying that father-to-be Fujikawa is as usual talking too much: if I were Saejima I would get ballistic if I found out that my partner has just gone and told pretty much everyone and their mother that I'm pregnant BEFORE he actually discussed it with me. At any rate, these two are so cute together. And the actress playing Saejima really hasn't aged a day since the first season...it's unreal!

Of course they also had an obligatory sub-story which was basically a carbon copy of a case from a previous season: with the misbehaving teenage daughter who gets pregnant and the slightly abusive father who screams his head off and the hospital staff need to intervene in order to make them reconcile. I don't mind these sort of 'fillers', as long as they don't take too much of the screentime. 

I will stop now because I don't want to spoil the entire episode, but I'm having so much fun seeing them again together. It's like getting a Christmas present I didn't dare ask for but Santa delivered it anyway! 

10 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

YAY!

I'm so happy I'm not on my own anymore! Feels lonely watching a drama and not finding anyone to discuss it with.

Unfortunately, J-dramas do take longer to get subs, that's the main reason/incentive I had to learn Japanese. I feel C/T-Drama and especially K-Drama fans are luckier as they get pampered with almost real time subs. 

Reveal hidden contents

it's great to see that Aizawa-sensei has almost taken Kuroda-sensei's role when it comes to the fellows training, not to mention that it was great that the writers did not drag his rejoining of the original team and got him back in heli-action as quickly as possible. I especially enjoyed seeing him getting good results with Yokomine, the new female doctor and how cute it was her reaction to getting a rare compliment from her feared senpai. It was also satisfactory to see Shiraishi playing an almost mama-role, trying to protect the new doctors and mentoring them with kindness. I think this good cop vs bad cop dynamic between Shiraishi and Aizawa will be a blast to watch, not to mention that they have absurd amounts of UST. In fact, while they were arguing, I felt that someone should just tell them to kiss already! 

Another thing carried over from the previous episode was that now that Saejima is pregnant, this will be a source of drama for sure, as we've seen in episode 3's preview. But for now, I'm enjoying that father-to-be Fujikawa is as usual talking too much: if I were Saejima I would get ballistic if I found out that my partner has just gone and told pretty much everyone and their mother that I'm pregnant BEFORE he actually discussed it with me. At any rate, these two are so cute together. And the actress playing Saejima really hasn't aged a day since the first season...it's unreal!

Of course they also had an obligatory sub-story which was basically a carbon copy of a case from a previous season: with the misbehaving teenage daughter who gets pregnant and the slightly abusive father who screams his head off and the hospital staff need to intervene in order to make them reconcile. I don't mind these sort of 'fillers', as long as they don't take too much of the screentime. 

I will stop now because I don't want to spoil the entire episode, but I'm having so much fun seeing them again together. It's like getting a Christmas present I didn't dare ask for but Santa delivered it anyway! 

At this rate I don't even mind spoiler :)

That's the best thing I could have, to understand the episode without sub

On 7/25/2017 at 6:55 PM, sanaeozora said:

YAY!

Reveal hidden contents

My Japanese is elementary level at best, and I can barely understand a thing they said when I watched raw video. But at least now that I found you guys here, I am no longer feeling lonely. Hi guys, sorry for suddenly barging in. This is because I feel excited to finally found a place to flail.

I am currently waiting for episode 3, I dont mind watching without subtitles, just to get a gist on how the series progresses. And most importantly, it is due to Aizawa x Shiraishi pairing, I am willing to spend my time although I dont understand much. I have been loving this pairing since season 1, and since Code Blue is not totally about medical stuffs, I am placing my hope for this season, to at least have some development on their 'ambiguous friendship' (you know what I meant). But there are times when I think I am putting too much hope, since we have Saejima X Fujikawa pairing, which makes me wonder if the writer wanna write another romantic pairing *sighs*

p/s: BTW, what are you guys opinion when Aizawa said to Shiraishi that she is interesting?

21 hours ago, hikari2016 said:

My Japanese is elementary level at best, and I can barely understand a thing they said when I watched raw video. But at least now that I found you guys here, I am no longer feeling lonely. Hi guys, sorry for suddenly barging in. This is because I feel excited to finally found a place to flail.

I am currently waiting for episode 3, I dont mind watching without subtitles, just to get a gist on how the series progresses. And most importantly, it is due to Aizawa x Shiraishi pairing, I am willing to spend my time although I dont understand much. I have been loving this pairing since season 1, and since Code Blue is not totally about medical stuffs, I am placing my hope for this season, to at least have some development on their 'ambiguous friendship' (you know what I meant). But there are times when I think I am putting too much hope, since we have Saejima X Fujikawa pairing, which makes me wonder if the writer wanna write another romantic pairing *sighs*

p/s: BTW, what are you guys opinion when Aizawa said to Shiraishi that she is interesting?

Welcome to the fun and feel free to flail as much as you want! I know I'm doing it already!!

About the Shiraishi x Aizawa pair, to be honest I did harbour some hope during season 1 but then in season 2 it kind of became clear to me that they weren't heading that way. That said, in season 3, maybe it's my shipper's googles that are seeing things but I can't help but to see a high level of sexual tension between them, at least they are bickering a lot more than they used to, not to mention that they have kind of assumed a role of strict Dad and soft Mum for the fellows and it's hilarious to see them argue like an old married couple. It's too soon to tell, but the fact that Aizawa told her she was interesting, I'm reading it as the fact that Shiraishi is now on his radar, whether this develops into something more, and I certainly hope it will, we'll have to wait and see.

On 8/1/2017 at 5:26 AM, hikari2016 said:

happy-onion-head-emoticon.gif It just made me so happy. I have been shipping them since S1, I hope we get a little, little something going on between them. 

@sanaeozora Thanks for posting about ep 2. I'm stuck waiting for the sites you can't mention on soompi to post the subbed episodes. I finally got to watch ep 1 last night. It was like saying hello to an old friend. I have missed them and am so happy that they brought back the original cast.  I noticed even the pilot is the same actor :D  I'm thrilled to death that even since they are using a different writer the characters seem to be true to what we saw in the 2 seasons and the SP. I about screamed when they got their first crisis event.

PwMUS5r.png 

Mayhem!! I just love it and no crisis event is complete with out Aizawa on the scene

IVVPuzK.png

At least no arms or legs had to be amputated this time:tongue: It is like getting Christmas early this year.  I was a little confused about Tachibana's and Mitsui's son I thought he had died but now I kinda remember that she was a single mom any thoughts on this? After watching the episode I'm so tempted to do a rewatch for the whole series but am hard pressed for time these days. Did I just miss that he was alive?

I'm so excited to watch episode 2 but figure I'll have to wait for next Monday. 

hi, i have been waiting for this drama to make a new season and i knew, they changed the writer but i was disappointed to know who is the writer for this season. I have been watching until episode 3 but i found it's hard to describe whole episode 3 since it makes me kinda confused.

I am not a medical student but for Fujikawa and Haruka, they finally wrapped their porblem for being pregnant alhtough Haruka rejected his proposal to get married because Haruka thought Fujikawa only wants to marry her because she is pregnant.

For my ship, finally there are some reason why i ship Aizawa and Shiraishi, his rival, ( i don't know his name) asked shiraishi to have a meal with him when they were together in elevator and seriously, you already made Shiraishi get lost somehow when you said she is interesting like your favorite brain tissue. 

I hope tonight's episode is gonna delight my night ^^

Wow this thread is so quite lols

Haruka got miscarriage and she blamed her self. She lost the baby due of her fatigue and she was very sad due of her lose along with Fujikawa. For Hiyama, she is falling so hard with Ogata, the patient who fell from mountain in episode 3. There's no progress between our OTP and it's kinda scared me because this writer is the writer of Rich Man and Poor Man, so the romance between them still going nowhere.

Hi everyone.. i'm new and super happy to find you guys here.. i just finished watching ep 5 and honestly, im quite frustrated with the story.. might be because i don't understand or because there's now aizawaXShiraishi moment in this episode.. hopefully, there will be major changes in the next episodes. 

On 8/16/2017 at 6:27 PM, eli1389 said:

Hi everyone.. i'm new and super happy to find you guys here.. i just finished watching ep 5 and honestly, im quite frustrated with the story.. might be because i don't understand or because there's now aizawaXShiraishi moment in this episode.. hopefully, there will be major changes in the next episodes. 

Hello dear. Dont worry, the writer already push our lovely OTP back since the dead end in season 2.

for episode 6, i found it's quite annoying to keep repeating the loop of the story since the rival of Aizawa already made a mistake for the piano girl. No progress for our OTP but for episode 6, the writer will make Aizawa as the next target and Shiraishi will come to console him. Since the writer of this drama was the writer of the Rich Man Poor Man, the next target or maybe the last would be Shiraishi i guess, finger crossed

2 hours ago, ruzikie said:

Hello dear. Dont worry, the writer already push our lovely OTP back since the dead end in season 2.

Was planning to just check this thread once in a while, but since there aren't as many commenting, I guess I'll just do it. When you say the writer of Rich Man Poor Man, don't you mean Rich Man Poor Woman? And why do some comments I have read said they don't like the writer, mm..wonder why. ^___^..

Anyways, I'm here for our OTP as well^^.

I wasn't aware Soompi has this thread.... but i'm glad somebody made one... i will spazz more... after watching ep 6 last scene raw, i was wondering what was Shiraisi and Aizawa's talking all about.. both of them are serious.. i heard Shiraisi mention "Kanojo" which is girlfriend right and Aizawa replied "it wasnt" and followed by "yakusuko" which is promise... waaahhh i want this OTP to made progress... 

tumblr_ovbzz2R2Fy1u2dd0eo1_1280.png

tumblr_ovbzz2R2Fy1u2dd0eo2_1280.png

tumblr_ovbzz2R2Fy1u2dd0eo3_1280.png

tumblr_ovbzz2R2Fy1u2dd0eo4_1280.png

@rcalma omooooo onnieeee are you here tooo ? Thanks god, i am not alone for spazzing here alone. Episode 7 was a wreck comparing to other episode and still no sign for our OTP.  Shiraishi refers Kanojo in her previous conversation with Aizawa doesn't mean about girlfriend. It also refers as she or her. That point they were talking about Aizawa who still has remorse for the piano girl. Because of him, she can't play piano again. Well, it's not his fault thou

@hyung6bo forgive me for my mistake. Yes, the writer for this drama is the writer of Rich Man and Poor Woman. But based on her previous story, i was so optimistic to see my OTP will have an issue again and well, i was hoping she could make them as a real couple in this season but until last Monday, she destroyed my hope :( 

Their relationship is still bland and going nowhere although they are supporting each other and almost like parents to the new residents. :( 

@ruzikie Can you understand Japanese? Still waiting for all the episodes to be out and subbed before continuing to watch it. And considering this j-drama doesn't really focus on romance, I guess the build up of our OTP might be slow as you said, unless it is a romance drama. We might not see couple moments like skinship between them, so probably we might see some developments perhaps the last 2 episodes at least? Well, we'd be lucky to at least have 2 episodes focused on their romance, so it  might be on the latter episode, so long as the ship sails^^. 

Also, the change of the writer, since she's mostly written romance dramas, there might be a reason why she was the writer for this season, probably to let this ship sail once and for all, seeing how she's gonna incorpote it, esp. knowing this season focuses on their career and how it affects their relationships and other aspects of their life. I mean, they could have the original writer but no, they didn't, so there might be a reason why, right? Just looking at the bright side here^___^.

Its time for them to end up together, 2 seasons is a long wait. I remember this one scene from the previous season where Aizawa said he wants others to need him, that’s why he wants to be the best doctor more than anyone else, no one would want a second but the best, acc. to him. And then there's episode 1 of season 3 where Shiraishi says she needs him (though indirectly), and maybe that's why he did came back to LifeSaving. They already complement each other, understand each of their own abilities and capabilities. Shiraishi could be his new family from now on, since I think no new news about his grandma and father, he needs someone who could be there for him, and that would be Shiraishi!

I wanna write more, but then realized I've said too much, don't know if I make any sense either. Apologies for the long rant, this thread has been so quiet, so. Anyways, Aizawa x Shiraishi FTW ✌✌

Archived