Summer's Desire

Resultado de imagen para 泡沫ä¹å¤ 2018

Genre:  Drama

Episodes: 36

Airs:  may 8 - junio 12, 2018

Network:  ZJTViQiyiiQiyi

Airtime: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday

Plot:

Summer’s Desire is a novel written by Ming Xiao Xi.

Synopsis from Wiki: Yin Xia Mo and Luo Xi are orphans, both having met each other at their adoptive parents’ home. Because of the shadows remaining from their childhood, they are both shrouded in the midst of wariness. However, when Xia Mo and her brother meet an embarrassing situation during a singing competition, Luo Xi helps them out, and the iciness that separates both of them gradually melts. Seeing what has happened, as well as in an attempt to break both of them up, Ou Chen, who deeply loves Xia Mo and is the heir to the company that founded their school, sends Luo Xi to England to study…

Five years later, Luo Xi has become a superstar, with a countless number of fans to his name. Xia Mo having become an orphan once again as her adoptive parents died the year Luo Xi left, is a new artist of a records company and meets Luo Xi. Ou Chen on the other hand, having lost his memory of Xia Mo five years ago due to a car accident, also sees Xia Mo once again as well. With all three main characters back on the scene and their disputes of love and hate, what will happen between them then? Who will Xia Mo pick in the end?

Cast:

Qin Jun Jie as Ou Chen

Zhang Xue Ying as Yin Xia Mo

Sources: avirtualvoyage and mydramalist

OST

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

@angelangie It's angsty but I wouldn't say it's melodrama. But when I think melodrama, I think like the kdrama "I Miss You".

Also, I just submitted subs for ep 2 so they'll probably be up tomorrow on YouTube. Are we allowed to post links to the videos?

I've watched the entirety of the drama now, without subs lol I don't speak Chinese so I didn't know what was being said 100% of the time. I've watched the old version so I knew the storyline at least. I thought it was pretty good, but if you've seen the original, it's got differences. This seemed less dramatic than the original. And honestly, I preferred the acting in this one more.

I just realized that the videos posted above are the episodes that I'm working on subbing. Ep 1 is done and Ep 2 is being processed. I have not started any other ones, yet.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, futrparkjisung said:

@catwoman494 I am trying to sub this drama on youtube. I finished up the subs others started for episode 1; working on finishing episode 2 now. I'm about halfway done with the episode.

Thank you so much @futrparkjisungfor subbing this drama on the official YouTube channel!  You are subbing the episodes at Yo Yo Television Series Exclusive YouTube, correct?  I will definitely spread the news because there are a lot of people who are interested in watching this drama. 

6 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Thank you so much @futrparkjisungfor subbing this drama on the official YouTube channel!  You are subbing the episodes at Yo Yo Television Series Exclusive YouTube, correct?  I will definitely spread the news because there are a lot of people who are interested in watching this drama. 

Hi @Table122000! Yes, I am working on subbing on the Yo Yo Television Channel. It looks like subs have been processed for Ep 2, now! Enjoy! But also, it takes me a while to sub so please be patient. Especially, I am doing this alone and since I'm not fluent in Chinese, it takes forever to make sure everything is correct. That being said, subtitles may not be 100% the best :[] but I tried haha

42 minutes ago, futrparkjisung said:

Hi @Table122000! Yes, I am working on subbing on the Yo Yo Television Channel. It looks like subs have been processed for Ep 2, now! Enjoy! But also, it takes me a while to sub so please be patient. Especially, I am doing this alone and since I'm not fluent in Chinese, it takes forever to make sure everything is correct. That being said, subtitles may not be 100% the best :[] but I tried haha

Thanks for the confirmation, and thank you again for all your hard work subbing the drama! I understand that this is a fan project for you, so I will definitely be patient. I admire you for taking it on. I know it is not easy, especially when you are solo. I'm just so glad that you are subbing and that non Chinese speakers like me will be able to finally enjoy this drama.  And you have already done 2 episodes! Wow! Well done! One word of advice: please don't pay attention to the people asking "where is the next episode?" or "where is the subs???" What I mean is, don't let that type of thing get to you or upset you, just continue at your own pace. I know a lot of fan subbers get upset with comments like that, but it's really just not worth it. It's actually a compliment to your subbing that people are eager to enjoy the next episode,  but I understand how it can get annoying if you let it. Just enjoy all of the positive "thank you" messages- I know you will see lots.

2 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Thanks for the confirmation, and thank you again for all your hard work subbing the drama! I understand that this is a fan project for you, so I will definitely be patient. I admire you for taking it on. I know it is not easy, especially when you are solo. I'm just so glad that you are subbing and that non Chinese speakers like me will be able to finally enjoy this drama.  And you have already done 2 episodes! Wow! Well done! One word of advice: please don't pay attention to the people asking "where is the next episode?" or "where is the subs???" What I mean is, don't let that type of thing get to you or upset you, just continue at your own pace. I know a lot of fan subbers get upset with comments like that, but it's really just not worth it. It's actually a compliment to your subbing that people are eager to enjoy the next episode,  but I understand how it can get annoying if you let it. Just enjoy all of the positive "thank you" messages- I know you will see lots.

Thanks!!! It’s fun for me to translate this drama :) I hope y’all enjoy! And definitely let people know!!

On 2/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, futrparkjisung said:

Subbing update: I hope to have ep 3 and 4 done by this weekend

Thanks @futrparkjisung!

Also, I have a message for you. I was contacted by a poster at the MyDramaList Summer's Desire page who is interested in collaborating with you. I told them to come to this forum, but I don't know if they are a member of Soompi. The person is @Pandaritt023 at the MDL forum. Here is the link to the Summer's Desire MDL page so you can see the message for yourself. : 

https://mydramalist.com/24240-summers-desire?r=notif&_nid=4961789#comment-2294722

I don't know if you are a member of MDL or not, but I pass on the message.

Hi @futrparkjisung. First of all thank you so much for subbing this drama. I also liked the OG one and like to see this one too. I have seen your Your Tube channel, but unfortunately for me I can't seem to get to see anything related to this drama on the channel, as it says that it's blocked in my country (united Kingdom ). So I was wondering if you know why it says that.

Again thanks a lot for your hard work and good luck.

• 4 months later...

UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know that Summer's Desire 2018 has been completely subbed in English at Yo Yo Television Series Exclusive Youtube Channel. All 36 episodes are now fully subbed! Thanks to all of the people who worked on this project!  Your time and efforts are much appreciated. Here is the link to the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvpAVnYN4lb123FphwsZQ-xdGV44lxvsc

EDIT: Unfortunately, the videos are geo-restricted, so they may or may not be available in your country. You must try to click on the videos to see if they are available to you. 

9 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

@Table122000 Is it just me or all the videos in the playlist can't be played. (It says video is unavailable)

Hi @nasaan ka Alex?

I tried clicking on the link again myself and had no problems, but some people in another forum also said they got a message "video is unavailable". Unfortunately, it looks like the videos are geo-restricted, which I did not know. I'm very sorry you can't access them.

Spoiler

Hopefully,  the subbed episodes will be available soon at one of those "other sites" so that people who are geo restricted can watch. 

Archived