[Round 1] K-Drama Soompi Contest 2016

MadraRua

TH4ffRS.gif

Hello Soompiers !

Welcome to the first Round ! 

Congratulations to the dramas contenders: The descendants of the Sun, W-Two Worlds, Doctors and Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart : Ryeo. Please read carefully the following information: 

• Entry Period : July 7 ( 12 PM GMT +1) - July 14 ( 12 PM GMT+1)
  • Voting Period : July  15 ( 12 AM GMT+1) - 20 July ( 12 AM GMT +1)
  • Eligibilty : Only the ones who have posted at one of  the 20 selected dramas threads are eligible to participate.
  • Voting is open to all
  • Fans of the dramas contenders shall constitute teams, choose a group name, a spokeperson and provide a list of participants.
  •  Having voted for a drama previously doesn't have any impact. In other words, you can choose to vote for another drama or become a participant of one the dramas contenders notwithstanding your former vote. 
  • Each spokeperson shall submit the entries here.
  • One team will be eliminated.

Round 1 :  5 best moments.

Describe 5 best moments of your choice and explain why it's your favourite moments. You're free to illustrate your analysis with gifs/ screenshots/  drama quotes. You may use gifs already submitted by members on the thread, as long as you credit the source. We're not looking for essay type answers, one paragraph should suffice. However your analysis must be original,solely done for the purpose of the contest. Best of luck to everyone and show us what you've got!

good_luck-624.gif

Voting 

Thank you to all the entries below. 

Please vote here for your favourite answer:

Http://poll.fm/5ttb9

Please submit your name on your vote. It's VERY important.

W TEAM: PROLOGUE

tumblr_oa7rtxSK8t1vy1ojno1_500.gif

GIF Credit: http://kangcheoljoo.tumblr.com/tagged/gifs

At its heart, W - Two Worlds delves at the difference between fiction and reality. Why, as real people living in the real world, do we spend so much time immersed in their fictional stories? Because even though fiction is imaginary, there is something real in it that affects us. That teaches us, or gives us courage, or somehow changes us. Our favorite moments in W center on that interchange between fiction and reality. 

We still think this drama is one of the most beautiful, mind blowing, clever and is way ahead of its time. We will have to wait years for something like this again...

@maryofbethany @lovely_skham @frozentundra @monjiji @polar15 @kembie @skittles87 @shishi101 @tenten0227 @snowglobe147
@alleram95 @ibru

FAVORITE SCENE 1. EP.1: WHERE AM I?

tumblr_oaqny5fl1m1ugbqo0o1_1280.giftumblr_oaqny5fl1m1ugbqo0o2_1280.giftumblr_oaqny5fl1m1ugbqo0o3_1280.gif

GIF credit: http://triangularlily.tumblr.com/post/147817857468/w-two-worlds-episode-1-where-am-i-whats-going

The first amazing scene we chose was when a dying Kang Chul pulled Oh Yeon Joo into the manhwa world for the first time. We chose it because it was an amazing moment to experience as viewers when a person from the Real world enters her favorite comic. This is not only the first meeting between the two main characters, but also the start of their fated connection. Yeon Joo learns that Kang Chul has “warm blood and a beating heart,” that even though he lives in a comic, he is somehow real, and so she cannot stay silent when her father tries to kill him again and again. She becomes the key to Kang Chul’s life. 

“Sometimes fate or life or whatever you want to call it, leaves a door a little open and you walk through it. But sometimes it locks the door and you have to find the key, or pick the lock, or knock the damn thing down.” ― Gayle Forman, Just One Year.

FAVORITE SCENE 2. RECAP EP. 4, 5

What is reel and what is real?
What responsibility does a writer hold for the characters s/he creates, even in the K-dramas we also watch?

mx006mP.gifSL7w0ra.gif

i3CEeIz.gifGvKmOEo.gif

tumblr_ob9fyyRTiv1vpgk2so2_540.gif
tumblr_ob9fyyRTiv1vpgk2so3_540.gif

S2JXOCT.gifNDsbxH2.gif

The moment the main character realized the lie, the world inside the comic stopped.
Only Kang Chul, in the world where time stopped, survived alone.
As if it was a punishment for the person who realized the truth.

tumblr_oc647s8GEv1tdfsf6o1_500.gif

tumblr_obgopfkyeN1tdfsf6o4_540.gif

tumblr_ocvwexcgsA1sh8uxlo1_500.gif

tumblr_ob6wpumXZe1qzel8co2_540.gif

"I have come here. To Oh Yeon Joo’s World."

tumblr_obgjwcRN0U1rcyps2o2_400.giftumblr_obgjwcRN0U1rcyps2o1_400.gif

tumblr_obgjwcRN0U1rcyps2o8_400.giftumblr_obgjwcRN0U1rcyps2o9_400.gif

tumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo1_250.giftumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo2_250.gif

“And I never would’ve known the reason, running after a killer who could never be caught, suffering from insomnia every night, getting hurt and broken. Endlessly suffering and repeating it over and over. Do you even know what I’ve been through? Things that you would never be able to endure. You made me go through it all, thinking yourself a god with that tiny finger, without any responsibility, while I remember every single moment of pain.”  -Kang Chul-

tumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo3_250.giftumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo4_250.gif
tumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo5_250.giftumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo6_r1_250.gif

"You’re just a character! You understand?! A fantasy that I created! You’re telling me that you’d shoot me with that?
Go ahead and shoot, if you’re going to.."

tumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo7_250.giftumblr_obex53zvxa1s86jvvo8_250.gif
tumblr_obfxchZjTv1tmjt2ko4_400.giftumblr_obfxchZjTv1tmjt2ko10_400.gif

“To the main character who become a murderer while looking for a murderer,
there couldn’t be a more suitable ending”

tumblr_obfxchZjTv1tmjt2ko5_400.giftumblr_obeaomagcy1qfakbgo5_400.gif

tumblr_obfxchZjTv1tmjt2ko7_400.giftumblr_obfxchZjTv1tmjt2ko8_400.gif

We chose this scene for both the questions it asks, and also the outstanding, heart-wrenching performance of Lee Jong Suk.

Drama after drama, we ask the writer nim, why can’t you just let the protagonist be happy?
“Things that you would never be able to endure. You made me go through it all, thinking yourself a god with that tiny finger, without any responsibility, while I remember every single moment of pain.” – Kang Chul.

We cry along with the protagonist as the writer inflicts pain on him/her with a cruel pen. Is it really all right for a writer to do this? If it’s not real, and only for art’s sake, is it okay to cause pain and even death to a character?

"W’ asked a lot of questions. It’s not an easy drama. Can a writer be responsible for both what is Reel, and what is Real? Kang Chul’s words still echo in our mind: “While I remember every single moment of pain…” Don’t we also remember the most vivid moments after a drama ends? Those moments when our hero was found dead, or our OTP separated, leaving us depressed? Isn’t Reel supposed to comfort and inspire us as we go through the challenges of Real Life?

FAVORITE SCENE 3. Ep.7, Handcuffs Kiss.
The best kissing scene in the history of K-dramas!
The prison confession leading up to the kiss. Both KC and OYJ realized how much they love each other.

tumblr_obs8q7Rr1w1vzrj0ho1_400.giftumblr_obs8q7Rr1w1vzrj0ho10_400.gif
tumblr_obs8w99ZJS1vzrj0ho2_400.giftumblr_obs8q7Rr1w1vzrj0ho6_400.gif
tumblr_obs8w99ZJS1vzrj0ho9_400.giftumblr_obs8w99ZJS1vzrj0ho4_400.gif

tumblr_odkfg6V96y1vzrj0ho1_540.gif

tumblr_obs8w99ZJS1vzrj0ho10_400.giftumblr_obs8w99ZJS1vzrj0ho5_400.gif

tumblr_oc647s8GEv1tdfsf6o4_500.gif

tumblr_obr2svQq0G1tmjt2ko8_400.giftumblr_obr2svQq0G1tmjt2ko3_400.gif

tumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o2_400.giftumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o1_400.gif

tumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o3_400.giftumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o4_400.gif

tumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o5_400.giftumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o6_400.gif

tumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o7_400.giftumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o8_400.gif
tumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o9_400.giftumblr_obpe0egeLu1rcyps2o10_400.gif
tumblr_obyhlfVEfX1tkfqloo7_400.giftumblr_obyhlfVEfX1tkfqloo8_400.gif

tumblr_oc2vbbSU091s3irc6o5_500.gif

GIF Credit: itsloveitsokayseoulgifs:

Our reason for choosing this scene is that it is the best kissing scene in the history of dramaland! Reel and Real are inseparable.

Oh Yeon Joo is self-sacrificial for Kang Chul. She sees beyond what is real and what is superficial. While his identity is Reel, his feels are Real. While his life basically is created by a stylus-pen (Reel), what he goes through is Real to him. And Yeon Joo recognizes this. His agonies, his mourning, his fighting spirit, his intelligence. But above all, his interaction with her is Real, his trust towards her is Real, his protection over her is Real, his growing fondness is Real, his emotional wounds are Real... not to mention the beating of his heart, the warmth of his touch, that thrill of his lips, that gaze of concern - all Real.

In the real world, if Kang Chul never walked back into her life, Yeon Joo could get a license, open a hospital, marry a doctor, have children with him, etc. But that is not what the 'REAL YEON JOO' wants. This world of Chul helps her to realise she would rather experience a real and shattering love with someone with a fake identity than someone who may be Real but who does not truly understand her. She realizes she has fallen in love with Kang Chul the man, not the idol. When her words to him cause her to disappear back into her real world (profound emotional impacts to Kang Chul end the “episode” and send her back), it proves that her feelings are reciprocated. As he continues to think of her, he summons her back to the W world, where their acceptance of each other’s confessions gives us the most sizzling and rewarding kiss in recent drama history.

FAVORITE SCENE 4. EP. 10. "Who are you?" - Kang Chul

tumblr_ocfqhbN2UG1tdfsf6o2_1280.gif

tumblr_ocfq2kIGfT1tdfsf6o2_1280.gif

withlee: “ “ Who are you ? ” - Kangchul - W two worlds - Kiss scenes 5 [ Ep 10 ] ”withlee: “ “ Who are you ? ” - Kangchul - W two worlds - Kiss scenes 5 [ Ep 10 ] ”
withlee: “ “ Who are you ? ” - Kangchul - W two worlds - Kiss scenes 5 [ Ep 10 ] ”withlee: “ “ Who are you ? ” - Kangchul - W two worlds - Kiss scenes 5 [ Ep 10 ] ”

GIF Credit: withlee:

Our fourth scene is the moment Kang Chul becomes aware (for the 2nd time) that there is a world outside the one he lives in. He may have had a memory reset in the Reel world of the manhwa, supposedly forgetting all about Yeon Joo and her world, but he still cannot leave the Real world alone. We chose this scene for his moment of realization, and also for Han Hyo Joo’s perfect performance showing love, concern and self sacrifice of the main character Oh Yeon Joo.

From the moment his memory is reset, he keeps running into the mysterious Yeon Joo. He goes from “Why do you keep looking at me like that? to “Do you know me?” to  “Who are you?” to “Oh Yeon Joo shi, where are you?” His questions evolve to show the changes in his heart towards her, from curiosity at their first meeting (why does she look so sad?), to troubled and suspicious (why does she know so much about him when he doesn’t remember her at all? What was her ramyeon outburst about? What does he mean to her? How does her missing husband fit into the equation?) The motel kiss was her fifth, but it was his first between them after his memory reset. Her uncontrollable tears are the answer he needs. She trusts his innocence when no one else does, promising that she will clear his name. “I am one of those people who want your life to have a happy ending. Our parting should be worth something.” Yeon Joo’s confession is the last push to wake him from his slumber. A déjà vu kiss, backed up with the warm tears of undeniable pain, perseverance and passions on her face, melt through his heart. He allows her to kiss him without the slightest objection, even knowing how she pined for her missing husband. The fact that the kiss sends her back to the Real world is a sign that he has fallen for her all over again. That even as Kang Chul 2.0, he is again destined to meet her, know her, and love her again.

FAVORITE SCENE 5. EP. 16 HAPPY ENDING: 

I am someone who wishes your life to have a happy ending” - YJ

tumblr_odid8zCwMI1rcyps2o10_r1_540.gif
tumblr_odid8zCwMI1rcyps2o3_400.giftumblr_odid8zCwMI1rcyps2o8_r1_400.gif
tumblr_odikyxv4HB1rjjno5o2_400.giftumblr_odikyxv4HB1rjjno5o6_400.gif
tumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o2_400.giftumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o1_400.gif
tumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o3_400.giftumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o4_400.gif
tumblr_odk4ok2HTH1s3irc6o4_400.giftumblr_odi4o19mJx1rcyps2o6_400.gif
tumblr_oe88ltoL0G1rmku0go1_540.gif
tumblr_oe88ltoL0G1rmku0go2_540.gif

GIF Creditwithlee:

YJ: “Kang Chul’s story in the manhwa was a happy ending, but the real-life Kang Chul's and Oh Yeon-Joo’s ending is still unknown. But…”
KC: “The two of them no longer stand at the crossroads of life and death like a manhwa, and although boring and ordinary, we hope that they will get an ending that lasts fifty years. Like other ordinary couples.”
As our fifth favorite scene, we chose the ending scene to celebrate Kang Chul and Yeon Joo’s ultimate happy ending, but also because it echoes our own feelings about our favorite dramas.
This scene actually shows all the themes of Reel versus Real, sad endings versus happy endings, artistic value compared to simplicity. When thinking of the dramas that we love to pieces, whether it’s W or DOTS or SHR or Doctors, all fans want the same thing before the last episode - for our favorite characters to have a happy ending. And not just the characters. What Yeon Joo and Kang Chul want so desperately reminds us of the simple reason why we watch Kdramas: for the hope that happy endings can be Real for us, too.

@MadraRua Hi chingu!!!

I'm bad when it comes to time zone conversions. I'm the one submitting for MLSHR, so I want to make sure I get our submission in on time. I'm based in California and I think thee difference between my time zone and the one below is 8 hours in advance of mine? If that's the case, would the due date/time for the entry be Friday, July 14 at 4pm Pacific?

25 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Yes your 8 hours behind me, so that would make it 4am your time. Sorry for the late response, I had to figure out the conversion myself. 

Good luck with your submission. 

No worries. Thank you! =)

8 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

@MadraRua Hi chingu!!!

I'm bad when it comes to time zone conversions. I'm the one submitting for MLSHR, so I want to make sure I get our submission in on time. I'm based in California and I think thee difference between my time zone and the one below is 8 hours in advance of mine? If that's the case, would the due date/time for the entry be Friday, July 14 at 4pm Pacific?

Me too Im totally bad with time. I didnt notice there was one until now... what time is that? Im in Australia- Sydney.

Descendants Team Submissions, for 5 Best Moments 

First : Episode 3 & 4, “Save Him.”

There is that moment when just having someone beside you who believes in you, in what your capable of doing that can empty all your fears and fill you completely with confidence..  In this first look at how Soldiers & a Medical Team although having separate callings still when push comes to shove it's not about following orders it's about following ones heart...It's those very values that are deeply rooted within that make you who you are... That no matter what you do, where you come from or what you’re told.  Pushing all those differences and concerns aside and focusing on one common purpose and goal.  Doing the RIGHT THING...that is saving a life... The fact that he was important and they were given orders to do nothing made no difference.

giphy.gif

Credit : Dhakra

It was also through this encounter that Kang Mo Yeon would start to really understand the differences between military and civilian life/rules.  As a soldier, Yoo Shi Jin lived and operated under a certain ethos; one that was demanded of him by the pledges he made to the uniform he wore.  But he also lived and operated under a personal ethos, which was to protect children, beautiful women, and the elderly.  And it was because of both sets of guiding principles that he chose to ignore and go against the direct orders he’d received from above and instructed Mo Yeon to go ahead and operate on President Mubarat.  In that split second when he made his decision, he was not only standing up for what he believed to be the right thing to do, but he also placed his trust in Mo Yeons’s skills and abilities as a physician to save the President.  If there is any question as to the magnitude of such a decision, just remember, any negative outcome for the President surely would have sent the two countries to war.

This scene is also noteworthy for how he took that stance and stood right in front of her, so that no one could harm her. He protects her with all he has. He completely covers her so nobody has any room to attack her. He gives orders to his team that protecting the medical team is their top priority now. His protective instincts are completely focused on her.    

giphy.gif

This scene is also about loyalty, respect, or sacrifice that the soldiers had for their leader, willing to follow him anywhere no matter the cost or price, even if it meant their own lives.  In turn watching their leader who placed those same feelings towards this Doctor and her team, a woman who he not only cared for but respected and trusted. Not only in her talent but in her values...Nor is it just about how this scene drew you in or made you feel.  But rather in how it made you believe.

OST #1 Davichi - This Love

Spoiler

MsTqub0.png

Second : Episode 6, “The Armageddon Moment.”

giphy.gif

The Moment starts when Kang Mo Yeon and her teams depart to return home.  They were commenting on the view, unbeknownst to them it was the calm before the storm!

Suddenly, there’s an earthquake and then utter devastation surrounds Uruk.

Knowing this, Kang Mo Yeon and her teams canceled their plan to return and decided to help the soldiers.

The moment when they arrive in ground zero, it was the moment that changed their lives….

giphy.gif

The Soldiers tries to locate and saved the wounded and the Doctors tries to tend the wounded that they can find. It’s tiring work.  It’s wearying work.  Their heart aches for those they cannot save.

There, Kang Moe Yeon finally shed her TV image, and returns back to her Doctor roots. The moment when she recites her Doctor’s vow again in her heart was her moment of awakening that she can no longer deny who she is, a doctor that tends her patient.

There, Lee Chi Hoon grows up and understands that becoming a doctor, he has be rational and accept the realities of a patient’s death for there were many more patients that needs his help, because every second could mean the difference between life and death for the person you’re trying to find and save.

There, Private Kim Ki Bum learns the hard way of soldiers life. Soldiers are meant as a protector, and it was never easy. But what an honor it was to serve for the greater good.

There, the wounded was given a ray of hope that everything will be alright again after witnessing all the destruction around them. Sometimes, it is just a touch of a hand, a smile, or for others, just a question “are you alright?” is all they need. The smallest things can have the greatest impact even when we don't realize it. Small things like a poor and injured men is ready to give a simple things like his shoes to the doc that saves lives is so, so heartbreaking and touching at the same time.

giphy.gif

Afterward, at nightfall a helicopter appears like a beacon of light in the darkness.  A rope drops. Bodies rappel downwards.   And then when the dust settles, you see a row of men emerge.  They’re walking towards the camp.  Strong, confident, and maybe just a little bit worried about what they’re about to find too.

giphy.gif

For the soldiers, it was a welcomed relief. They have found comfort and renewed strength in the arrival of reinforcements, and we could feel their energy perk up when Yoo Shi Jin checked in on them and reminded them to take care as they went about their rescue efforts.  

For Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon, this moment also serves as a pivotal moment in their relationship.  It wasn’t too long ago that she had sent Yoo Shi Jin on his way.  Back in Seoul, he’d struggled to deal with her second rejection.  While in Uruk, Kang Mo Yeon tried not to feel regret.  But then the earthquake happened, and Shi Jin knew he had to return – both to help his fellow soldiers and the people he’d come to know while serving there, but also because Kang Mo Yeon was there.  Kang Mo Yeon, for her own part, couldn’t have known that he was on the helicopter.  But nevertheless, when the dust settled, their eyes sought each other out instinctively, and locked, just for the briefest of seconds, before Kang Mo Yeon was called away and Yoo Shi Jin turned to his men.  It was enough, however, for him to know she was safe and unharmed, and for her to know that he was there.

The wounds might have still been fresh between them, but that didn’t mean they didn’t still care.  So when Yoo Shi Jin saw Kang Mo Yeon bending over to tie her boot laces, he went over to tie them for her.  He didn’t say a word but he didn’t really need to.  Finally, he told her he was happy to see she wasn’t hurt and that he was sorry he left without saying good-bye.  He then told her to be careful, and she asked him to do the same. 

tumblr_o7zwg45VLM1vw93r9o1_r1_540.gif

Credit: Tumbr

They both walk away from each other, not because they don’t care, but because they both have things they need to do, and they understand that the situation is more than the both of them. The strength, power and emotion displayed in this moment are why it will forever remain a fan favorite. 

This whole Armageddon moment for me is the moment that drives home that Descendant of the sun is more than just a love story. It was a story of Honor, valor, humanity and most of all Love.

OST #2 Gummy - You Are My Everything

Spoiler

MsTqub0.png

Third : Episode 8 & 9, “The Confession.”

We’ve all experienced that moment of embarrassment.  It’s the one where you send an email or text to someone, only to discover that you sent it to the wrong person.  Or maybe it’s the one where you were talking about someone and then you turn around and find that person right behind you.  It’s basically the moment where you want to fold over and shrink into yourself until you disappear.  Now imagine all those moments and multiply the embarrassment by 100.  That’s probably the level of embarrassment that Kang Mo Yeon was feeling when she realized her innermost feelings about Captain Yoo Shi Jin were being broadcasted across the entire base camp for all their friends and colleagues to hear.

tumblr_ot1dys5qur1vso0bbo1_250.gif

Credit : Tumblr

We’ve picked the “the confession” in episode 8 and 9 as one of the scenes to highlight from “Descendants of the Sun,” for several reasons.  First, as love confessions go, it cannot be denied that this was a fresh and unique take on the classic love confession scene.  Not everyone can say they’ve been confessed to from a voice recording, after all.  The timing of it was also inspired.  The soldiers and medical team had just endured a harrowing earthquake in Uruk.  Not only was the devastation great, but their rescue efforts had also been beset by difficulties.  Having this moment of confession come on the heels of all that tragedy gave the drama a jolt of levity that it badly needed. 

Second, in terms of plot narrative, this was a confession that was our ‘one true couple’ also really needed to progress.  For so long, Mo Yeon refused to allow herself to acknowledge how she really felt about Shi Jin.  It was frustrating for him, and it was frustrating for us as well.  So when her confession was aired in such a public manner, everyone cheered.  At last, she could no longer run away from her truest feelings.  (Not that she didn’t still try!  And thanks to her efforts, we got to see Shi Jin pull off some pretty swoony moves such as jumping from a second story window in order to intercept her at the exit.)

Finally, how many dramas can say their love confession scenes have spawned Internet memes?  The inadvertent airing of Mo Yeon’s love confession served as the cliffhanger to episode 8 and in the week that followed, drama fans turned to their computers to create all sorts of parodies of the scene.  Their efforts were so creative and hilarious that even Song Hye Kyo shared one of them on her personal instagram.  

(Proof:https://www.soompi.com/2016/03/23/descendants-of-the-sun-fans-create-hilarious-parodies-with-shots-of-song-hye-kyo-running/)

For all these reasons, we apologize to Kang Mo Yeon.  Her embarrassment was our entertainment, and we have no choice but to choose it as one of our Top 5 picks to highlight for “Descendants of the Sun.”

song-hye-kyo-1.jpg

Credit : Soompi

OST #3 K.will - Talk Love

Spoiler

MsTqub0.png

Fourth Episode 12, “The Coffee Hug.”

NGzFSlu.gif

Credit : Melleri

What makes the love story between Yoo Shi Jin and Kang Mo Yeon so unique is that it isn’t like in other dramas where the romance between the ‘one true couple’ is hampered by an evil parent, forced living situations, or a misunderstanding that requires the leads to bicker their way to a happy ending.  Rather, in “Descendants of the Sun,” it is their own professions – the very essence of who they are – that stand in the way as a roadblock.  In fact, one could probably argue that for them, it was love at first sight, and then the question became: could Mo Yeon sufficiently tolerate his job for them to become a successful couple?

In the beginning, she couldn’t.  All they managed was two (foiled) dates before Mo Yeon found herself backing out before things got even more serious.  As she explained to Shi Jin then, the hardest part of his disappearing acts wasn’t the fact that disappeared.  It was the fact that she didn’t know (and couldn’t know) why he was disappearing. 

After fate threw Shi Jin and Mo Yeon together again in Uruk, their affection for each other could not be denied. However, it still wasn’t enough and Mo Yeon sent him away (literally) one more time.  A part of her clearly regretted that decision, but she remained steadfast in her decision.  It wasn’t until a confession was unwittingly forced out of her that the two of them became a couple officially, but even then, their relationship was tenuous at best.  And that’s because as Argus, the resident baddie of the drama once put it, “Big Boss.  He’s smart, funny, and mysterious.  But, he has a lot of secrets.  He’ll disappear from time to time.  He’ll be hard to contact.  And then, one day... poof.  He’ll never come back.  You should break up with him now.  This is advice, not a warning.”

After her last life-threatening experience, in which Mo Yeon is captured and held hostage by Argus, she really struggles with the question of whether Shi Jin is someone she can handle.  She even confronts him at one point about all the white lies he’s been telling her and the jokes he’s been making to cover up those white lies.  She knows these are things she can’t exactly complain about when he’s got a solid reason for doing so, but at the same time, she just wishes she had a boyfriend with whom she could have normal conversations.  Conversations like complaints about rush hour traffic or being unable to decide between lunch options.  Shi Jin tells her she can share all those things with him anyway, because he always wants to hear what she has to say, but Mo Yeon finds it difficult to share such inane things with someone who shields people from bullets. 

This is the last conversation Shi Jin and Mo Yeon have before she seeks him out again and asks if he wants to have coffee.  He goes to meet her, two cups of coffee in hand, and we can all imagine that he’s probably filled with half dread at the possibility of her dumping him.  But much to his surprise, instead of breaking up with him, she walks into his open embrace.  The “coffee hug” scene represents that moment wherein Mo Yeon decides she’s going to accept the whole of Shi Jin.  Not just the person but all the baggage he brings with him: his secret missions, his dangerous missions, and even the possibility that he might one day never return to her.  In telling him that she’ll never question his missions, but instead asks him to give her the right to worry, she finally demonstrates understanding and acceptance of his profession, and him.    

OST #4 XIA(JUNSU) - How Can I Love You

Spoiler

MsTqub0.png

Fifth : Episode 16, “The Shipwreck Kiss.”

tumblr_o6cjj1Xf1K1vpe86uo1_r2_540.gif

Credit : Tumblr

Everytime....

Our last view of this drama that is so much more than a love story it's a story of compassion & giving a reminder to all of us that when we are given an opportunity no matter where it is, who it's for or the price we might be asked to pay. Let nothing stand in your way... Follow your heart EVERYTIME.....

This scene is like life a circle, they would come back to a place where they once started returning what would seem to be a simple white stone.  Not so simple after all... For when placed by them on this island together remembering just how much they had to overcome.  It said not only to them but to the world and all of us that all things through love can be done...

With the moon and stars above them and the sand below them with sound of rushing waves moving upon the shore.  The soft wind blowing against their faces looking up and seeing a shooting star together for the first time.  Unbelievable are moments such as these.  While asking about wishes they had made it's as if they didn't need the light of the moon for they possessed a glow all their own.  She would need only a kiss and the warmth of him beside her and he would need only her love in believing that no matter how far or how long it took he would always find her....

mWm3C9e.gif

Credit : Melleri

OST #5 CHEN X Punch - Everytime 

Spoiler

MsTqub0.png

Thank you for Descendants Team Member

@kokodus, @melleri, @Dhakra, @themarchioness, @USAFarmgirl, @stargazer187, @felicialoveskpop, @CatWhiskers, @kristy86, @gilaswan @lynne22

MsTqub0.png

On 7/12/2017 at 2:32 PM, meahri_1 said:

No worries. Thank you! =)

@MadraRua My dear, I will be using all the time you gave us and will upload the submission for MLSHR Right up until our 4am pacific deadline in less than 12 hours. Tick tock. :grimace:

Doctors

There were many best moments of Doctors, so many that it was really hard for us to choose just 5. As the drama progressed, we saw each character develop and grow into a better person.  The message became so evident, powerful, meaningful and relatable to our everyday lives. Each of us has many struggles in our lives. Whether it’s at school, home or work, the people we encounter will no doubt influence us in ways we’ve never thought possible. That despite our struggles, we learn that success is ours if we work for it. Love and happiness awaits us if we give it a chance.

tumblr_oa27bwinQk1qelqnyo2_r1_540.gif&key=e43f85f0e8edc9643028ce778b34fb1366cdfbc6d8191953d48c95fbe95a7c3btumblr_oa27bwinQk1qelqnyo1_540.gif&key=eb01a25eb74649c4e2cf880aa65a40353c362f977e49195433db267dba4ae43c

tumblr_oa27bwinQk1qelqnyo3_r1_540.gif&key=e30ceb67fa3d1a1c810e77a9d07f229b4b1ae347bd378f6cce5727510a05896ftumblr_oa27bwinQk1qelqnyo4_r1_540.gif&key=cc16ac30d41c599474833a817098258137eae09b2ae9f02871515553bf9ffd60

tumblr_oa27bwinQk1qelqnyo5_r1_540.gif&ke

cr. ukitakejuushiro

Here are our 5 best moments of Doctors,

Episode 1: Hye Jung Encounter with the Gangsters at the Hospital

Actress Park Shin Hye played the leading female role of Yoo Hye-Jung and without a doubt it was one of her finest leading drama role to date. This was her first drama playing a character with such skillful action scenes. Her fierce personality is truly a breakout from  her other damsel in distress roles and thus became one of our best moments of Doctors. The scene that stood out the most was in episode 1, where she fought a gang of men who refused to allow her a female Doctor, to provide medical assistance to their injured Boss, Cameo actor Lee Ki Woo. Although PSH has always maintained her health, she did undergo extra fitness and martial arts training to enable her to perform all these stunts without a stunt double. 

Spoiler

WOW! What an impressive flip and Doctors fans be like..

tumblr_o99quprbvl1r3hugwo5_400.gif&key=2

cr. lavenderbyun

We considered this scene as one of the best moment in Doctor's.  The presentation of the scene was full of meaning.  A fight was eminent in the Emergency Room and HJ intervenes to protect not only her colleagues but also the welfare of other patients in the hospital.  Gangster boss didn’t want HJ to be his doctor because she’s a woman.  He, together with his minions looked down on her not because of anything else but her gender.  True to that, HJ showed them what she’s made of.  She was able to floor each and every one of his minions.

tumblr_o930k8ZRZH1qfakbgo1_r1_540.gif&key=e769e1fdd0efa5ae71d88880debeadf6c764d0f51e415b1467c96c9f003f8281tumblr_o930k8ZRZH1qfakbgo3_r1_540.gif&key=427e2d81c88e1ca808cdb82ef0e67b5bb99d4b84b995dd4f97a76fec63b99f9a

tumblr_o930k8ZRZH1qfakbgo5_540.gif&key=2950ebc40aed204164621327b6793a7fa7c63d530daad9879e9f28b87cd689eetumblr_o930k8ZRZH1qfakbgo2_540.gif&key=81f6e56744015b70381ac98c7828e1a0ce7d2e07b773a744ac5e664b6fafa186

We don’t want to leave out one very important aspect of this scene… Respect!   As the saying goes, “Respect is earned not gained.” During the time she entered the ER and right after the fight scene, there is nothing more important to her than treating her patients.  Her no nonsense and determination to cure her patients was highly commendable.

tumblr_o930k8ZRZH1qfakbgo4_r4_540.gif&ke

cr. feii1effect

Before HJ goes into fights over tantrums, and teenage emotional turmoils and survival,  now she fights and use her strength to save lives.

2.  Episode 4: The Reunion of Hong Ji-Hong and Yoo Hye-Jung - Helicopter Scene

Actor Kim Rae Won played the leading male role, Professor Hong Ji-Hong. After 13 long years of waiting, he finally reunited with Yoo Hye-Jung. When he stepped out of the helicopter, their eyes locked and Ji Hong walked confidently towards her. The slow motion effect created a scene where in that moment, time was halted and only the two of them existed in this world.

NUkTEnOzyaJEaJ2I9nK5A3rL4Q8-oryWQp5Elywj

cr. DC Gallery

His feelings of longing and regret of leaving Hye-Jung alone gave him the confidence to cut short any small talk and to directly confess his motive.  

HJ: “Have you been well?”

JH: “Are you married yet?”

HJ: “No.”

JH: “Do you have a boyfriend?”

HJ: “No.”

JH: “Then we’re set.”

Spoiler

This scene became the most popular scene for many viewers around the world. It definitely was another best moment for us.  Their reunion was a very special scene and to prove it’s significance,  SBS hired a helicopter for this footage. The pressure was on and both KRW and PSH succeeded. From their hungering glances towards each other to the two most crucial questions that Ji-Hong couldn't hold back from asking, it blew us all away even before we knew the English translations.  He was able to deliver his most cheesy, heart fluttering lines with ease and utter confidence. Poor Hye-Jung, she didn’t know what hit her. To add to the scene, Ji Hong walking away with a boyish smirk in knowing that she’s still single was like the icing on the cake. YUM!!!

3.  Episode 15: Dr Jung Yoon Do and his Beagles - Uncle Paran, Aunty In Joo and friend Ji Hong

There were some awesome side characters in this drama. Actor Yoon Gyun Sang played the second male leading role as Professor Jung Yoon Do. YD is a highly confident Professor in the Neurology Department with an anti-social personality that made his colleagues misunderstood him as a cold hearted doctor. He found having friends as an annoyance and humorously referred to his Uncle Paran and In Joo as his two beagles living in his house.  Though regretfully and willingly, he allowed them to use his apartment as their safe haven from their own daily struggles. Our Siberian husky has a soft heart after all and those adorkable boyish expressions charmed through our hearts.

tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko1_400.gif&key=0tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko2_400.gif&key=dtumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko3_400.gif&key=1

Yoon Do and his Beagles added humor to the drama with a nice dose of a family/friendship style warmth. In episode 15, the Beagles invited Seo-Woo to stay over and literally kicked Yoon Do out of his own apartment. 

tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko4_400.giftumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko5_400.gif tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko9_400.giftumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko6_400.gif tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko7_400.giftumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko10_400.gif tumblr_obnb03vgoH1tmjt2ko8_400.gif

He then secretly snuck into and stayed over at JH’s apartment. His Bromance with JH heightened to a point where he felt comfortable enough to wear JH underwear which JH felt otherwise.

tumblr_inline_obnav8w26k1t1ghfy_400.gif    

tumblr_obms3eXI2g1tmjt2ko7_400.gif tumblr_obms3eXI2g1tmjt2ko8_400.gif

Underwear where are you? 

FGnZEmw.gif

cr. @Agie and heartou

4. Episode 18: Dr Jin Seo-Woo Apologizes to Hye Jung

Actress Lee Sung Kyung played the second female leading role Jin Seo-Woo.  Like the other characters in this drama, Seo-Woo had her own struggles.  Being born in a chaebol family,  she was expected to succeed. SW always felt inferior to Hye-Jung and she consequently saw her as a rival in school, as a Doctor and in love. One of our best scenes with SW was when she discovered her father’s involvement in the death of HJ grandmother. Despite the likelihood of mistakes occurring during surgery, she angrily told her father that he should have apologized for HJ’s loss. No doubt that it should be a common, ethical practice that a Doctor should uphold. To cast one’s own self for the respect of their patient and their family. It was amazing to see SW growth from previously believing herself as the most superior to now learning to respect others regardless of their status quo. It wasn’t easy for SW to understand nor finally accept her wrong doings as it is with most of us.  This was evident on the hospital rooftop, where once SW made HJ kneel beforeher, she now humbly  kneeled before HJ to apologize for her past actions and that of her father’s.

fwe5qYp.gif

ma7ok6p4ih9z.gif

Cr. @nonski

"Take chances, make mistakes. That's how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave." ✨ #MaryTylerMoore

Words that are very true for Hye-Jung and Seo-Woo. Two different characters with different lives who took chances, made mistakes and grew. Suffered pain but developed courage. Failed in order to practice being brave. Not at the same time but what mattered most is both are brilliant, bold, beautiful and empowering woman.

5. Episode 18:  Hong Ji-Hong and Hye-Jung Kiss Scene.

What’s a romantic drama without discussing our OTP’s sweet skinship scenes and we enjoyed them throughout this drama. With hugs and Ji-Hong’s favourite back hugs - "A back hug has the ability to make you feel chocked up with emotion. It's the feeling of someone standing firm behind me and supporting me in my life. This is the greatest joy that a lover can give you." To their loving kisses, we struggled to pinpoint which particular scene we loved the most. After much debate, we’ve chosen their third kiss scene.

To set the scene in episode 18, Hye-Jung discovered that Ji-Hong saved her from Seo-Woo's father,  who was able to ruin her career as a doctor. She eagerly met JH to tearfully apologize and tell him that she didn’t want to become a burden to him. JH had always waited for her; giving her time to come to realize her own feelings.  HJ is his priority and protecting her became his natural instinct since he met her. He smiled, knowing that she is coming to him and acknowledging his love for her.  

Then liked how she wanted to be comforted, he pulled her arms to wrap them around his waist.  

Np0nHUT.gifVNgIJ09.gif

Caressed her face, smiled and then leaned in for a deeper loving kiss.

wpP1XOp.gifAcujfVr.gif

lbozmmj.gif

cr. @Agie

Their kiss was passionate highlighting that their love for each other has become stronger and deeper. No doubt that JH has become a pillar in HJ’s life. It was the first time that HJ showed her vulnerability, acknowledging her emotions and weakness and that she does need someone to lean on. With JH support,  HJ was able to let go of her past and move on with a happier and loving future.

THANK YOU ALL WHOM ENJOYED OUR JOURNEY IN REMINISCING OUR LOVE FOR DOCTORS.

I PERSONALLY LIKE TO THANK MY CAREGIVERS TEAM FOR THEIR ON-GOING SUPPORT AND INPUT. :heart:

@nonski, @lclarakl @Agie @anoasys @alcides14ahjumma @rori0711 @evie7 @maria1983 @crssmnd950 @jadecloud @heyhye @joyspartace

STARGAZERS TEAM SUBMISSION

Five Memorable Moments from Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo 

There were so many moments from Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo that were noteworthy, but the scenes we ultimately selected were those that had elements that resonated with each of us -- our desire and need to be accepted and loved; and how love can keep us going even during our toughest struggles.

Twitter credit to: @Mryisme (Peny)

Episode 8: I trust you (Hae Soo covers Wang So's Scar)

At this point in Wang So's life, he has never felt accepted, especially by his family. He's never felt a part of them, but has been kept apart from them. He's never reached out for help nor affection, because he's only experienced rejection. For many, the ability to give and receive love, to comfort and to be comforted...to be a part of something important, or simply just to feel important are necessities of the soul that are as essential as food, water, and air -- all sustenance to his humanity, which he has been deprived of his whole life. Until Soo. 

When Hae Soo applies makeup to So's scar, it signifies a profound moment in their relationship. When Soo brushes his bangs aside and gently rests her hand against his face, it was likely the very first time So had been touched by someone...without hesitation, nor revulsion. Allowing her to see him and touch him after so many years of hiding behind his mask was a huge sign of trust. Prior to that, he had never let down his walls for anyone. His mask not only hid the scars on his face, but the wounds inside his very being, all inflicted upon him by the very people who should have loved and protected him. To them and all others, he only shows his cold and ruthless side. But behind that steel-like image was actually a strong yearning for acceptance, for someone to finally SEE him and treat him as a human being.

This is one of the best moments in the drama because So has finally found someone that truly accepts him exactly as he is. So completely lets his guard down and gives his trust and heart to Soo, and from this moment on, both Soo and So's fates are entwined. 

Credit: @antoniaclamens

tumblr_odreomZS4u1tkneo3o2_250.gif  tumblr_odreomZS4u1tkneo3o3_250.gif  tumblr_odreomZS4u1tkneo3o6_250.gif

tumblr_odreomZS4u1tkneo3o7_250.gif  tumblr_odreomZS4u1tkneo3o10_250.gif

"I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU..."

tumblr_oj5hk9FpXn1vem8apo7_r1_540.gif

Credit: @antoniaclamens

f2637e59acd0ce8a19277960dad3f781.png

af886970342f5fb652f89ea36246888c.png

74149bdb80e1f35a1d965049861f2fd8.png

Credit: dhia205

"...EXACTLY HOW I SEE YOU."

tumblr_oe5glgX34v1s8t96qo2_1280.jpg

Credit: Briseis (ML Twitter)

Episode 11 : We survived (So visits an imprisoned Soo)

Seeing someone you love, hurt and in pain, and not being able to help them can be agonizing. But knowing that they're hiding or downplaying their distress in order to comfort you, will break your heart.

Still weak from ingesting poison, So was nonetheless determined to see Soo. He knew what to expect and tried to brace himself, but was still unprepared to see how badly she'd been beaten and tortured, her clothes tattered and soaked in blood, as she lay motionless on the cell floor. 

When Soo looks up to see So's pale face staring at her, she immediately struggles upright despite the physical pain she's feeling. He's alive! It's the only thought that fills her mind. She gives him a weak smile and starts to nag him, like a mother hen. It pains her to know he intentionally drank the poison to save her, and she asks him repeatedly why he would do that. She's dissatisfied with his answer but is thankful he survived.  And though, he too acts unconcerned, he's just as glad to see that Soo managed to survive as well.

b8e52dada184e279816aacf31da57c20.png

5aecee81df5f8f49a0d495cfbad54bf3.png

a085ea75d9b6211e292eef469feac7ea.png

5ab76a070dbb368128dcefc674483860.png

7de991a451a058e8b39f3fc5fdd2b5a2.png

341c87c5e36bfba5a35b2c1119b1c03b.png

Photo credits: dhia205

• Guest locked this topic
  • MadraRua unlocked this topic

tumblr_oe6v6cBG1V1u8cpg4o10_540.gif

tumblr_oe6vfsQOdm1u8cpg4o5_540.gifEp

Credit: Ptshtumblr

Episode 11: Even if the world abandons you, I will be there for you 

This is by far the best moment of the drama! It showed Wang So's deep loyalty and undying love towards Hae Soo. Despite the whole world abandoning Hae Soo, Wang So never gave up and never stopped trying to save her, in whatever ways he can. Ladies, how can you ever resist such a man? Please read on to experience the greatness of Wang So's love.

Hae Soo knelt in the rain, almost fainting from exhaustion as the rain mercilessly battered her frail bloodied body. It took all her might just to keep her mind and body going. From afar, the princes watched, but no one dared to step up and disobey the king. They could only kneel far away in the rain in protest. Her lover from the past approached from a distance and their eyes met. Hope once again filled her small heart. But to her greatest disappointment he turned and walked away!

Once again, it seemed like the whole world had abandoned her and fallen apart. Soo felt her heart shatter into pieces bit by bit and was thrown into the great depths of despair when suddenly... when she least expected, a black cloak was cast over her, sheltering her from the merciless rain. 

It was him! Someone who would throw his life away and give up everything for her, protecting her always. Even when the whole world abandoned her, Wang So would always be there for her, at every startling step of her journey. He stood by her silently, as no words were needed. It was just pure love, as action speaks louder than words. With renewed faith, Hae Soo regained her strength to carry on kneeling beside her pillar of support, the man who silently stood beside her and never once doubted her. He was no white knight in shining armor but his actions proved that he was worthy of her heart.

tumblr_oe4jbpFfEk1u8cpg4o2_540.gif

Credit: Antoniaclemens

Episode 16: The fruit of our love

We have chosen to present the scene that showed a love so strong, transcending beyond time and space which culminated in a living proof of their love - their precious child.

That fateful night, Soo risked her life by slipping out of the palace to nurse the injury incurred by So when he shielded her from a deadly arrow. A few years had passed since their separation when So was sent to oversee the construction of a new capital. This was the first time in years that they had a chance to see each other again properly, away from danger. When So awoke, he found himself dressed and his wound bandaged. He saw Soo slouched and asleep in a corner and he slowly walked towards her. When she awoke, she found herself staring into So's eyes. Although So tried his best to turn away from her, her sudden question of "Do you still love me?" threw all of his pretense out of the window. How could he not love her? He loved her so much that no words could express his thoughts.

So grabbed and kissed Soo on the lips long and hard, as though there was no tomorrow. In return, she hugged him with all her might. The candle flickered, and they spent the night together, two hearts beating in unison. That night, they shared a special bond between them. From that moment on, Soo's body, heart, mind and soul truly belonged to So, and only So.

When So awoke, he found Soo sleeping peacefully besides him, sharing the same bed. He knew that something special had happened between them. As he caressed her face, Soo woke up and smiled at him.

Euphoria continued throughout the night, as So and Soo created shadow images to show their love for each other.

They also sat together to enjoy the stars. As Soo knowledgeably pointed out Pegasus to So, he realized that aside from being beautiful, Soo was also smart, and that he was lucky to be with her. He really wanted to be with her forever and wished that time would stop.

20161017_%EB%B3%B4%EB%B3%B4%EA%B2%BD%EC%

16mak_05.gif?type=w800

d85970e7056e1a2d8dd5722f8d81bd29.gifemens

Credit: Antoniaclemens

Episode 18:  You are my only Queen

This scene was chosen because it was so heartbreaking to see 2 lovers fall so deep in love, yet after going through so many trials and tribulations over the years, Wang So was unable to give Hae Soo the happiness she truly yearned for. Soo had waited so long for the day when So would become king, and for her dreams to come true. Ironically in a cruel twist of fate, she not only could not marry him, she had to watch him marry another woman, which would be the Queen instead of her. We can see that despite So being the king, he was helpless in this situation. He sworn in his heart that Soo would be his only queen. This was the very least he could do for her, on their last date together which was so saccharine sweet before he married his "Queen", his half-sister, Princess Yeon Hwa in a seemingly loveless marriage.

The scene opens with Soo pleading with So in her usual cheery manner to leave the palace for the market. The couple put on 2 masks and leave the palace incognito. As they stroll through the market, they hold hands like how couples in love always do. The scene where they tease each other in masks is just too cute for words. They stop by the pond for prayers and So suddenly hugged Soo gently from the back and put his cheeks right next to her face. He pecks her on the cheek suddenly without warning. For that moment, it was pure bliss and happiness for them. 

As they stopped in front of the prayer tower, So suddenly proposes to Soo after confessing that he did not know what drawn her to him. After many failed attempts at asking Soo to marry him, finally, he managed to look at her and utter 2 simple words "Marry me". So looked expectantly at Soo as she smiled at him and gazed into his eyes. 

She looked at So and replied with 2 words as well, "I cannot". It was not what he had expected to hear at all! As she explained to him patiently that she would still continue to stay by his side, it was just too heartbreaking for the couple. Even at this moment, Soo was thinking of So, and how his future as the king would be secured. She was willing to sacrifice her own happiness for him, just so that his wish of being the king could come true. Such is the power of true love, that makes one throw away their own happiness, hopes and dreams so willingly for the one they love. 

So was dumbfounded by her explanation and at the same time touched by Soo. He knew she was right; they could not get married. Soo's "I'm really fine" broke his heart. It pained him that despite being king, he could not give her the happiness she wanted. Instead, she had to sacrifice herself to fulfil his dreams, hopes and ambitions. Was this the happy ending that he foresaw for them? Did he make the right decision by becoming king? What was the use of being king when he had to sacrifice his and her happiness?

He hugged her tightly, and said "You... are my only queen" as a tear rolled down his cheek. 

Credit: 40somethingahjummaIMG_4788_zpswvx2bw3d.jpg&key=e0e265e9f9aaac2fbf7834ce4220d19724c98ef99f312619b697d1b6e26dcd60

Thank you to everyone who contributed and provided us support and cheers!!

@summer2017 @chi13lou @antoniaclamens @ktcjdrama@n00nk3y @WH @ilovecoffeeandbooks

• Guest locked this topic

Hello Soompiers 

The entries are in and it's time to vote for the one you think should progress. 

The top three go through to the 2nd round, so please consider carefully your vote and peruse wisely the entries. Please submit your username with your vote. 

Thank you all and Good Luck 

Http://poll.fm/5ttb9

• Guest unpinned this topic

Archived