Quantcast
sugarplum892

Shawn Dou 窦骁 Official Thread

9 hours ago, angelangie said:

Shawn English is really good.....and also he dubbing is good too!!!

Preview!!! :D 

Angie, he's Canadian born and raised, of course he's proficient in English! I actually admire how his (as well as Andy On's) Chinese is really good :) . If I remember correctly, he moved to China after winning some entertainment competition in Canada (maybe sponsored by a Chinese company?) and enrolled in BFA. 

But I agree the dubbing is great too!

• Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, caranita said:

Angie, he's Canadian born and raised, of course he's proficient in English! I actually admire how his (as well as Andy On's) Chinese is really good :) . If I remember correctly, he moved to China after winning some entertainment competition in Canada (maybe sponsored by a Chinese company?) and enrolled in BFA. 

But I agree the dubbing is great too!

According to wikipedia, he was born in Xi'an, China but at the age of 10, he got migrated to Canada and he has been there until 2008 when he got accepted by the Beijing Film Academy, so not surprised that his English is perfect and his Chinese is pretty good too.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, jewelsc said:

According to wikipedia, he was born in Xi'an, China but at the age of 10, he got migrated to Canada and he has been there until 2008 when he got accepted by the Beijing Film Academy, so not surprised that his English is perfect and his Chinese is pretty good too.

Ah thank you for the correction!

• Like 1

@caranita @jewelsc thanks for the updates :)

i didnt knew of that....however when i saw him in 'The Sounds 2' honestly he is really good....

might not be as good as the original sounds however he is pretty close :) 

not easy dubbing mechanical voice however his is almost 90% close and the changes of tones and volumes is just as good :) 

• Like 3

so I'm super dissapointed that Survivor to Healer was supposed to air at the end of March but we have no further news. At this rate, I have no idea if we'll see any of Shawn's dramas this year. I still have high hopes for the movie with Dilraba being released in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2019. Also, does anyone have any clue why Shawn is learning French?

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:28 AM, icefireflies said:

so I'm super dissapointed that Survivor to Healer was supposed to air at the end of March but we have no further news. At this rate, I have no idea if we'll see any of Shawn's dramas this year. I still have high hopes for the movie with Dilraba being released in the 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2019. Also, does anyone have any clue why Shawn is learning French?

Finally one of his dramas is releasing this month, hope the rests will follow soon..he's just learning french?, isn't he from Canada?, shouldn't that be like his third language? :)..

OMG!! Shawn sings too, he sounded really good!! 

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDEzNzQ2NzA4MA==.html?sharekey=8d23079be18e11f9b39e380f92b5ac4f1

I've been watching From Survivor to Healer and i'm not gonna lie, he is all i was focusing on whenever he appeared and by the end of the episode i'm like - uh..need to replay, wasn't concentrating on the story :lol:.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sugarplum892 said:

sorry dont see him and laurinda lasting long lol!

4 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

I too feel the same!! -_-

Haha...I had the same thought the first time i read the gossip and again when they both confirmed it..

• Sad 1
  • LOL 1

50 minutes ago, jewelsc said:

Haha...I had the same thought the first time i read the gossip and again when they both confirmed it..

Let's see what happens!! 

SD has started filming historical drama

• Like 1