[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光

sugarplum892

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

The train chugged along, whistling from the deep snow white mountains, the front vista its view wide and far.

The scenery in front is like from the big movie screen. High mountains amidst the passing clouds, the lakes shimmering and the herds of cows and sheeps, grazing among the moving grasses, the wind rustling the lands.

Every passing moment is serene and peaceful, as though at one glance it has reached the deepest recess of our hearts.

Lin Qian sat at the window seat.

The whole carriage is full of people except for her seat which feels like an empty city. Everyone seems to move carefully around her, maintaining a respectful distance.

Lin Qian felt a bit awkward yet amused by the current situation. With one hand supporting her forehead, she read her book and occasionally when she lifted up her head, she saw a sea of army green. The men gazes would at times fell on her, and her face would heat up lightly.

Well....it was not common to have a young lady with a backpack being dumped onto a carriage full of army and contained together for seven to eight hours train ride. It was a rare scene indeed.

Lin Qian met an accident 2 days ago in the snow mountains.

Due to a change of employment, she finally had a break and decided to go for a long awaited backpack trip. Based on her physical health and outdoor experience this trip would not pose a problem for her. Unfortunately on her return trip, her rented truck broke down at the mid of the mountains. The weather worsened and snowed for the whole night. It was an experience she suffered badly.

Luckily the next morning, a passing platoon saved her. The border soldiers are friendly and helpful, and helped her to join this train that was transporting the retired soldiers.

One soldier who sat opposite struck up a conversation with her.

"Miss, where are you from?" The soldiers had guessed that this lady had met an accident, therefore their handling of her had been especially friendly.

Smiling she said," I'm from Shuang city"

"Oh, we're old kins then! I'm also from there!" Another voice from across her seat said.

Lin Qian looked towards his direction and smiled. She has a sweet beautiful face even now without any make up and dressed up, her features are very lively and attractive.

The old soldier from her hometown chuckled and asked:" I'm guessing...that you're a university student?"

"Oh no, I'm already working." She politely replied. Her voice is warm and soft, with no impatience at all. The soldiers liked her tone and all started to comment that she really looks like a student."

"Where are you working?"

"Emm...Aida Group"

"You are very good!" Raising his thumb up, the old soldier said."Thatis our city's greatest company. It's value is rumored to worth tens of billions!"

Amidst the chattering, Lin Qian had been acting nonchantly, yet she kept stealing glances at a man seating opposite across the carriage.

He is the most quiet among them, but the one with the most empowering presence. It had been difficult for her not to notice him.

He wore a great soldier jacket, his back towards her. Even so, he still looked large, taller than the rest of the men inside the carriage. His beret covered most of his face, showing only his side view slightly, his skin fairer than the other guys.

He moved not an inch, unaffected at all by the chorus of voices, singing, debates and shouts around him. He seems to be in a very deep sleep.

How strange.

-----

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

A ZLY fan was casted as an extra on OGT so he gave a fanaccount. Of course he is very biased and fanboying :tongue: He said ZLY was super pretty and that everyone would just talk about her when she wasnt around. They would talk about how pretty she is, etc. (I think he meant the other extras and crew?) She would say her lines and talk with the director and that she laughs a lot and came to see them and say hi. He also said that her legs were thin, not sure if he meant it as a compliment or to say that she was very thin. 

He said that the cameramen and others call her Teacher Zhao (she must not be happy about this) but the director calls her Liying. The guy was obviously infatuated with her, he kept mentioning how pretty she was and how her smile was super beautiful. 

@icyphoenix seriously she needs to regain some of the wt she lost while filming PA. She is always eating so it is just her busy schedule that makes her this thin. 

not second lead as in another guy interested in her, there is no love triangle or square. But I think Gu Yanzhi played by Yu Minghao is the second lead in the drama since he is the most popular actor.

Indeed he is one lucky fanboy, i bet he too cant take his eyes from Yingbao. Hoping he keep updating us with juicy updates on our Yingbao. :D

@mrsyooknitI'm crossing my finger for, i hope Zhang Junning don't disappoint us with his role as Ning Weikai. Btw I'm a bit confused here, if i'm not mistaken Ning Weikai is CEO of another company, a rival to LZC too right?

@spudsthanks :)

41 minutes ago, minoku2209 said:

Indeed he is one lucky fanboy, i bet he too cant take his eyes from Yingbao. Hoping he keep updating us with juicy updates on our Yingbao. :D

@mrsyooknitI'm crossing my finger for, i hope Zhang Junning don't disappoint us with his role as Ning Weikai. Btw I'm a bit confused here, if i'm not mistaken Ning Weikai is CEO of another company, a rival to LZC too right?

@spudsthanks :)

yes he is the CEO of another company and rival to LZC, but he is not a bad guy he is just trying to keep his company on top. Unlike the other CEO played by Meng Rui who is just trash. 

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER (CONT'D P2)

As the journey continued, darkness fell.

The train carriage fell into silence as most of the men started to nap, their backs against the seats, tiredness overcame them. Lying against the cold windows, Lin Qian closed her eyes to rest. The only sounds she heard were the metal clanking against the railway tracks.

Her days would become busy once she returned to Shuang city. How time flies...she really didn't wish to return home yet. 

Slowly, the sounds became more and more distant, more and more quiet.....

Li Qian's eyes opened suddenly.

The scene in front of her was still the same cold window, outside a complete darkness, the vague silhouette of the lake reflected could be seen from here. The stars were still, sparkling across the skies.

The train stopped.

This was a sudden stop. Looking at the place, there was no shops in front and no station at the back as well. All the soldiers were awake at this moment, most craning their necks looking out of the windows to see what has happened. As seasoned soldiers, their sense of danger were more sensitive than Li Qian's.

"There's no need to worry as the condition of this route is not very good. Perhaps there may be temporary situations arose which will be settled in no time at all." one soldier said to Li Qian.

"En" Lin Qian lifted up her head to take a look as well. At one glance, she realised he was no longer at his seat sleeping.

Someone came into their carriage shortly.

A very young and tall guy stood at the carriage entrance. With a clear and strong voice he gave a series of orders.

" Platoon 2, 4, to immediately report at the front of the train. Platoon 5, to take care of the security of this carriage before the train starts again. The rest, to await further instructions!"

All the soldiers raised up from their seats in one motion as one once the order was given with a resounding." Yes Sir!"

Li Qian observed them in interest till the soldiers started to be busy. She took out her cap from her back pack, intending to take a nap till everything is over. Just as she snuggled into her seat, she realised all eyes were on her.

Then did she realised that officer had moved to her seat with cold eys and an expressionless face.

"Madam, Please follow me with your belongings"

With clear eyes, Li Qian looked at him and asked him in view of all the soldiers:"May I know what's the matter?"

The officer remained silent and with a smart hands up, another soldier had already picked up her belongings and strode towards the carriage door.

The night is cold, the passageway dark.

Passing by carriage upon carriage, amidst curious glances from numerous soldiers within, Li Qian followed with quick steps to catch up with the 2 huge and tall soldiers.

As they reached, the compartment she was walking towards to was far away from the rest of the soldiers. With a glance from the officer to the other soldier to put down Li Qian's belongings, did the officer looked at her again.

She looked at him as well, her white face seemed to pale more against the night light, her eyes, nervous.

The young officer shifted his eyes away from her under her gaze and explained without much emotion.

"There are some small fallen debris blocking the way and this area is where wolves frequent. We have sent our guys to clear the area but a lone woman will not be convenient there as there will be much activities happening. Our colonel has ordered me to bring you here where there's nobody, quiet and safe. Once morning, we'll send you away."

What?

Lin Qian widened her eyes incredulously.

So....that series of events, was actually to make her feel safe and comfortable?

She chuckled out, quickly bowed,"Thank you, I'm really grateful!"

The officer seems embarrassed, with a quick "it's no problem", he turned and left.

The passageway was empty except for 2 soldiers standing guard at the door. It was indeed quiet and safe.

Lin Qian bowed and blew hot air to warm her cold hands. Reaching for the door handle....

Kaa....before her hand reached the door handle, a sound came from within the compartment.

She became startled. Is there someone?

Before she could react the door was pushed opened from inside with a 'woosh'!

Lin Qian took 2 steps backwards, her back against the windows.

A guy stood at the door entrance.

The compartment was in darkness, the guy's features was covered by darkness. He was also in army uniform, very tall, even taller than that officer by a head. His beret was very low, hiding his eyes, showing only his sharp high nose and a clean shaven chin.

It's him! It's the guys who slept at that carriage!

Although Lin Qian was unable to see his face but this guy's natural presence and height had confirmed her guess was correct. It's definitely that same guy!

But? Why was he here?

Lin Qian smiled at him.

"Sorry, I didn't know that you're here. The officer told me that here is empty."

"En." His answer seemed to rumbled deep from his throat as he widen his stride, stepping out from the compartment. Without stopping, he strode passed her.ood still, turned to look at him. A thought passed by her and she called out to him.

"You're the colonel?"

"En" By then, he had already opened the carriage door.

Lin Qian was surprised as she assumed the colonel would be dark looking seasoned elder warrior, definitely not his young officer! Without thinking, she ran towards him.

"Thank you....."

Clang! The door closed with a loud sound. He left promptly, ignoring her.

--- 

THE FIRST ENCOUNT (CONT'D P3)

It was bright and warm. Lin Qian sat against the window seat, once again observing her surroundings.

The four bunk beds were neat and tidy, even the blankets were folded neatly like a square tofu. Only one upper bunk bed had a soldier uniform hung on its wall. A stainless steel tea cup sat on the side table.

This was definitely an officer's room. And, he had given it up for her.

He's not bad. But why is he hiding away from her as if she's infectious with virus? Is she that scary?

Lin Qian couldn't contain her amusement anymore and laughed.

Lin Qian woke up drowsily in the middle of the night to find the train still motionless. Wearing her coat, Li Qian decide to go outside and see what's happening since she was unable to return to sleep.

She was stunned upon opening her door.

The passageway was still quiet with 2 guardsmen. 2-3 metres away sitting quietly on a stool was a soldier. A big great coat with black boots...it was the young colonel who was avoiding her like a plague!

His whole body was prowled against the seat, head up beret pulled down, his great coat collar covering his whole face...it was different from his earlier indifference. Now, he was like a young youth with a touch of langour....like a napping big cat!

The sound of door opening had definitely alerted him. With his face still covered by the great coat collar, he tilted his head slightly, as though he was too lazy to look at her. He seemed to wait for her to speak.

With a few feet away from him, Li Qian said:" I'm not sleepy anymore. You can sleep inside now."

He went into silence for a couple of seconds.

Lin Qian thought he would speak up. But...slowly his head lowered. With the earlier same posture, he said nothing.

Lin Qian:"............."

"Well...good night then" She returned to her room with resignation, closing the door lightly.

With morning, the train finally reached its destination.

Taking out paper and pen from her bag, Li Qian pondered awhile and left her contact number. On the note, she wrote:

"I think we may not see each other again. But if you ever come and visit Shuang city, do call me. I can become a very good tour guide and a frient - Lin Qian"

--from here, I'll skip and go to this part....

A few officers were chatting and getting ready to hop onto a jeep. A soldier came running towards them, panting. Running towards an officer at the center of the group, he saluted smartly. 

"Colonel Li, I've been looking for you. While tidying up your compartment this afternoon, we saw this."  He showed the officer a piece of paper with some words and a contact number.

"Colonel Li" took that paper without any expression.

"You don't have to give it to me" his tone was one of cool indifference.

He read the paper in front of others openly, his left and right officers although standing still, could not help but glance at that piece of paper.

One of the officers could not help but said :"Lin Qian....Is it that girl who met an accident and took a ride with us? I've just seen her this morning.....she's quite beautful! Isn't your hometown from Shuang city? Why are you not saving her number?"

All eyes looked towards Colonel Li

He adjusted his cap, pulled up his collar and stepped into the jeep, leaving the others behind.

"There's not a need to. We, will meet again" He said softly.

Hi guys! I'm new to ZLY but have been catching up with her previous dramas. I've started reading OGT novel and finds it interesting. 

Hmmm....the chemistry betwn LQ n LZC definitely started very early in the beginning. LQ is definitely attracted by LZC presence alone...without even seeing his face! Magnetism, I guess!

ZLY will have no problem being LQ. reading the novel i can already picture her in that role. It's a combi of shan shan an CQ, perhaps even a dash of Lu Zhen:D

The male lead, I believe he should be ok too to act the part of LZC. he has the body and height for it...so 1st impression is ok. features wise, he fit LZC description. acting wise, well he has ZLY AS teacher.

well, excited over this new show.

cheerios till next time babes.

Can one of you please share with me the link to the translation of the novel of "Our Glamourous Times " ?

I know all the book has not been translated yet but i wanted to read the beginning of it even if there is only few chapters avaible ! Thank You in advance. I love this thread 

8 hours ago, awara88 said:

Can one of you please share with me the link to the translation of the novel of "Our Glamourous Times " ?

I know all the book has not been translated yet but i wanted to read the beginning of it even if there is only few chapters avaible ! Thank You in advance. I love this thread 

https://orangeblossomdreams.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/你和我的倾城时光-our-glamorous-time-丁墨-ding-mo-part-1/

I also worked on some chapters if you go back a couple of pages

8 hours ago, awara88 said:

Here till chapter 18 only.
https://orangeblossomdreams.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/你和我的倾城时光-our-glamorous-time-丁墨-ding-mo-part-1/

And @mrsyooknit is doing the continuation at this thread too.

Also @spudsdid the earlier translation of the novel to here

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Thank You @mrsyooknit for sharing the link and for all your translation works you shared here with us. I appreciate it very much. 

9 hours ago, minoku2209 said:

Here till chapter 18 only.

And @mrsyooknit is doing the continuation at this thread too.

Also @spudsdid the earlier translation of the novel to here

Thank You @minoku2209 for sharing with me . 

Archived