[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光

sugarplum892

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I just had to add my 2 cents (ok, more than 2 cents) about how I enjoyed this drama.  I can't remember just what drew me to it, though it probably was the actress, as I have seen her in a couple dramas and have liked her in them.  Oh, and the plot seemed different from what I'd been watching lately.  Romance, not super melodramatic, some action...a good recipe for an enjoyable watch, I thought.

The opening:  Oh my goodness, it couldn't get much more action-packed than that!  I had to remind myself I wasn't watching a movie.  Sure, there was some unreal-ish parts in that whole army vs. gangsters scenes, but through all the chaos, I like the toughness of the girl and the tenderness of the guy.  Her being a petite female didn't make her helpless and weak, and his being a highly-trained, ultra skilled soldier didn't leave him without feeling, either.  Even though it was he who rescued her, you could tell they'd make a great team.

I thought the development of their love story was natural, not exaggerated, very romantic, and just beautiful.  The drama didn't drag us through hours of resistance, playing hard-to-get, I-hate-you..no...I-love-you back and forth-ing, lies, or noble idiocy.  There was honesty, especially refreshing in the revelation of feelings (how novel!).  In fact, I think I read that Li Zhicheng, our main guy, means strictly honest.  He is such a manly man, in all aspects, that I just fell in love with his character.  Physically strong and agile, skilled in fighting and military strategies, brave, very take control, very decisive, fiercely loyal, full of integrity, kind, caring, thoughtful, smart, law abiding, admits when he's wrong...Now have I covered everything?  Oh, and can be very romantic without being mushy, if you know what I mean.  *sigh*  I think I need a poster of him on my wall.  Make that, all of my walls.  So you know my thoughts on this fairly new actor....Love Him!  Great job!

The main female character, Qian, is wonderful.  Honest, non-judgmental, brave, a fighter, doesn't jump to conclusions, loving, knows fashion, highly principled..oh, and very pretty.  Love Her, too!

The scenes of these two are wonderful.  Gave me fluttery feelings watching their sweet scenes, and we are blessed with quite a few of them!  Their mature handling of their relationship was so refreshing.  Like I said, they skipped the noble idiocy stuff, thank goodness!  I will continue to watch their scenes when I'm in the mood for sweetness (which is often). 

I learned a LOT about the fashion industry.  Seriously, they feed you with so much info, from details on fabrics to the intensity found in competition between fashion companies.  I like when I actually learn stuff from dramas that I might be able to use in my life.  And I'm not even in the fashion industry.

I could say more, but I've probably said too much already.  Though not without flaws, the good in this drama way exceeded whatever flaws it may have had.  I will miss this drama and our couple!  

On 12/27/2018 at 7:34 PM, angelangie said:

@thunderman1 i finish this series....however i cant really get into the flow :x

Amazing.. did you finish this in two weeks?? I liked it.The acting was natural in my eyes. It was rated very highly and I will still rewatch some of my favorite scenes. What did you not like about it that caused you not to get into the flow?? 

12 hours ago, angelangie said:

to be honestly....ZLY is really good here.....however the chemistry in between JiHan and ZLY is really not up to a point where I will go gaga....something just seems off with him....

ZLY is the main focal point for me and she really lead the show.....that for is for me....i hope i didnt step on any toes? :D 

Nah we all have different criterion on how we promote the drama etc. I thought the male lead's first time in being the main character he was decent! not bad. He's not that good looking but at least he made it big after this drama. ZLY never disappoints.. I was only disappointing in Princess Agents.. THAT ENDIng. 

Archived