[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光

sugarplum892

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mrsyooknit said:

yeah I have the international version. So I downloaded the other version and it works :tongue: Is it the video on the guitar? 

YAHOOO!! The international one sucks, it's like twitter lol... 

yes that one haha :D he should make one with a duet him and Liying 

3 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

yes, I know I was spazzing so much that is why I went into as much detail as I could.  I really wish there was a translation since there is a lot I dont understand :bawling:.

I am in chapter 50 now because I just couldn't stop. I should finish this week, then I will go back and start translating again. Li Zicheng is a huge tease and he knows how to play her just right. That is why she is having heart palpitations for like 70% of the book so far, dude is just too much. Lin Qian is so relatable, I feel like I would be just like her in some situations. I went from not anticipating this drama that much to really anticipating it. Honestly, the characters and story are great. 

After you finish it? Maybe you can continue the last translation?....#puppy eyes for maximal effect 

Enjoy your reading then plz take us along the journey... We need you too. Can't you feel it? :D 2018 is too long..

31 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

YAHOOO!! The international one sucks, it's like twitter lol... 

yes that one haha :D he should make one with a duet him and Liying 

that is where he posted the video of ZLY helping him take his jacket off :D 

26 minutes ago, hanalove9 said:

After you finish it? Maybe you can continue the last translation?....#puppy eyes for maximal effect 

Enjoy your reading then plz take us along the journey... We need you too. Can't you feel it? :D 2018 is too long..

yeah, when I am done. I will go back and keep trying to do what I was doing before :tongue: I just got too curious to take my take reading/translating. 

so the book can get pretty racy, I am sure all of that will be deleted for the drama since they need to keep it pg13

8 hours ago, dashmount20 said:

where to read the rest of the translation of the novel?

No translation but I did post some summaries of some chapters until chp. 23. After I finish reading, I will go back and do the same for the rest of the chapters. :) 

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

ZLY and LH filming into the night, fans think it could be a kiss scenes since they got a lot of security to block them from filming 

All through the night fans are camping out? lol they're really eager for a sneak peak like us...

so the book can get pretty racy, I am sure all of that will be deleted for the drama since they need to keep it pg13

No translation but I did post some summaries of some chapters until chp. 23. After I finish reading, I will go back and do the same for the rest of the chapters. :) 

I hope they keep the "raciness" but of course only if it's tastefully done. :tongue: 

28 minutes ago, cherubstomato said:

All through the night fans are camping out? lol they're really eager for a sneak peak like us...

I hope they keep the "raciness" but of course only if it's tastefully done. :tongue: 

I think they just ran into them. 

Doubt about the raciness since it would make it rated R :lol: China is not ready 

Done reading :D:D 

This drama can't air fast enough. This is my first Ding Mo book and she is not my favorite modern writer. Gu Man is still the best for me, but Ding Mo is good at other stuff. 

Final thoughts: 

I liked the first 2/3 more since the last part felt very stereotypical of Chinese stories. I could have done a bit without it, but I adore them and their love for each other. I will keep my broad summaries when I get some free time. I kind of pushed a lot of stuff to the side to finish reading the book :ph34r:

I am kinda of sad that the drama will probably delete all my favorite moments :bawling: I think the funnest part was the sexual tension between them. All the teasing, kissing, etc. Then their relationship is really great. They understand each other and are honest with each other. Overall, they trust each other. Lin Qian really admires him a lot and I think he admires her. Two people that are heads over heels for each other, but still have their own goals/ambitions. 

I hope the drama leaves a lot of their teasing and kisses because honestly that is them. 

This drama can't air fast enough. This is my first Ding Mo book and she is not my favorite modern writer. Gu Man is still the best for me, but Ding Mo is good at other stuff. 

Final thoughts: 

Reveal hidden contents

I liked the first 2/3 more since the last part felt very stereotypical of Chinese stories. I could have done a bit without it, but I adore them and their love for each other. I will keep my broad summaries when I get some free time. I kind of pushed a lot of stuff to the side to finish reading the book :ph34r:

I am kinda of sad that the drama will probably delete all my favorite moments :bawling: I think the funnest part was the sexual tension between them. All the teasing, kissing, etc. Then their relationship is really great. They understand each other and are honest with each other. Overall, they trust each other. Lin Qian really admires him a lot and I think he admires her. Two people that are heads over heels for each other, but still have their own goals/ambitions. 

I hope the drama leaves a lot of their teasing and kisses because honestly that is them. 

Congrats on finishing the book....:D

This waiting feels harder now... A captivating story and much liked OTP. This drama will be HOT. Hopefully at beginning of next year we can watch this... So Hunan bought this? Will they cut most of the kisses??  Ack!! NOOO.....!!!!  :bawling: (just pray not too much cutting done)

9 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

where is this summaries?

can pm me? I would love to read it. i just realize that on the web that share is only up to 18.

many thanks..

@dashmount20

ohh, I guess I skipped chp. 19 but here are the summaries I wrote so far. Just click on the quoted comment :) 

On 8/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, mrsyooknit said:

Chp. 20-22

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 20

They use the loan they got from the bank to set up an online store but they end up having some IT problems which could devastate the company. Lin Qian and Li Zhicheng keep being aware of each other. 

Chapter 21

Li Zhicheng handles the PR aspect well, but they still don't know if they are going to be able to survive. During all these problem Li Qian has little time to meet with Li Zhicheng and she starts to miss him. :wub: Due to exhaustion Li Qian gets a fever and Li Zhicheng calls a nurse to help her. Li Zhicheng ups his teasing, he keeps saying things that she misinterprets as romance related only to find out he is talking about the company. 

*Girl just give in, you have no chance.

Chapter 22

Their PR gamble pays off and they end up selling a lot more handbags. Li Qian really admires Li Zhicheng and his skills in dealing with all of this. In the celebration Li Zhicheng hugs her and she almost loses it (just give in girl). She can smell the scent off his body. His  fingers on her back pull her strongly into his embrace then he whispers on her ear " I am glad that I didn't disappoint you". 

She talks with her brother at night who congratulates her for their success. Her brother also tells her that everything happened according to Li Zhicheng's plans. This gets her thinking that Li Zhicheng probably predicted everything including their eventual failure on the Ming Sheng project with this end goal in mind. She remembers all the quotes he had written on a piece of paper and realizes that Li Zhicheng did indeed plan everything including their failures and setbacks. First, to get rid of their spies and then to rise above their competition. This realization also helps her realize that she has always been at his fingertips. 

On 8/15/2017 at 5:29 PM, mrsyooknit said:

I can't wait for this drama to air. I am liking the book so much and I really can see that they fit their roles so I am just hoping it airs ASAP. They are being so secretive while filming :bawling: I need stills people, stills. 

Chap. 23

I am putting my comments in purple and her thoughts in Italic. I ended up trying to translate a lot since they had a big scene. I just skip things I don't understand or try to give a general feeling from the words I understood. This probably has a lot of mistakes but I tried my best with what I understood. 

Reveal hidden contents

Chapter 23

We get the first  Li Zhicheng's point of view. 

Walks into his office later than usual and realizes that Lin Qian has not arrived. He sits down and starts reading a magazine while waiting for her to arrive. He keeps checking every hour waiting for her to come in and when she finally does, he steals glanzes at her. (This is so cute)

After handling a phone call Lin Qian heads for his office. We learn that she actually woke up early, but had trouble gathering up courage to show up to work.  Li Zhicheng is clearly a wolf, perhaps the most ferocious and powerful one. However, for the longest time I thought he was a sheep. How wasn't I able to figure this out sooner?

Lin Qian enters his office and sees him sitting on the sofa, he looks at her with calm eyes and her heart can't help but flutter. She immediately curses herself, how couldn't I see it? His eyes, his posture, of course he is a black belly (I don't know how to translate this but they use it a lot for people who are secretly evil/manipulative). How could I ever think he was a quiet cat? Even though her mind is running circles, the smile on her face is impeccable. Lin Qian hands over the information, while he looks it over she keeps looking at him. She looks at how he is so focused, dark eyebrows, dark eyelashes, tall and straight nose, handsome like a picture. After he finishes, she picks up the papers and turns to leave somewhat anxiously. Then a voice says from behind "And" She turns to look at him. He is looking at another document, one hand pats the space next to him on the sofa " sit over here". Her heart immediately jumps. Then starts to flutter as she remembers that day when he kissed her.  As if he is aware of her hesitation, he slowly raises his head and looks into her eyes. " This magazine has important information about handbags and product evaluation". She walks over and sits but with a foot of distance in between them, ignoring his shining eyes, she picks up the magazine and starts looking through it. After analyzing the content, she starts to explain everything then stops. What is she doing? He obviously knows and understand all of this, what does he want her to do then? 

She glances at him, sees him leaning against her side of the sofa. One arm on the back of the sofa behind her, another one on his knees. She could feel his eyes on her and her face suddenly starts heating up. This guy... he is a man with a clear purpose. Her face starts feeling hotter. She closes the magazine with one hand "Li Zong knows this". He was quiet for a few seconds then says near her ear with a low cool voice "Your face is very red". Lin Qian looks up and sees his smile. " Well, it may be a cold." Thinking of getting up to quickly escape the situation. But just with one move his hand holds her down. Her heart jumps, she is in his arms. His face is close to hers and his hand firmly holds her shoulder forcing her to sit still in place. His dark eyes reflect her flustered reflection. No one speaks. She can feel the temperature in the room rising as he stares at her. Her heart keeps jumping and a voice on her mind shouts: "How can he be like this? Is this how he pursues people?" another one makes fun of her "Are you sure he likes you? You just don't understand him."

Not knowing what to do Lin Qian looks at him and reveals how she figure out that he planned everything from how losing the MingSheng deal would lead to success in this bigger deal. He looks back at her, his beautiful eyes don't show any changes. They are quiet for a moment, then he asks softly "angry?". She doesn't say anything while he looks at her deeply. He takes his hand off her shoulder and gets up. She is relieved for a moment but then misses the touch. She quietly watches as he grabs The Art of War book and takes out a piece of paper with his notations, which she had seen before. " I have never tried to hide it from you. The situation forced it that way." 

What is he doing? Is he trying to explain himself to me? As he sees that she is not speaking, he becomes silent. He takes another paper and looks at her, "This type of thing, I will write three of them. This is the second one."

AHHHH! He is so putting on the moves. Stalking your prey, arent you Li Zicheng? I like how he enjoys teasing her and how he watches her every mood. When she comes into the office and he looks at her, he takes note of her steps, her voice, her lip color. :wub: I also liked how he immediately started explaining himself so she wouldn't think he purposely hid it from her. Can I just say that I really like these two? Her reactions feel so real. 

8 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

Final thoughts: 

Hide contents

Whoa so fast.. Bravo! Thanks for the summary at least we have some ideas and excitement to be looking forward to this drama.

Ah i wish the production will keep some teasing & intimate scenes as this to create interest and attraction of viewers on the drama. They have to supply viewers with those dosage so that their mind are full with juicy imaginations for good ratings. And I guess there will be another ship in the making if the drama is really good. :D

15 hours ago, mrsyooknit said:

ZLY and LH filming into the night, fans think it could be a kiss scenes since they got a lot of security to block them from filming 

http://www.miaopai.com/show/O5hYAotYAbAnBD6RN0HeHFJ560tfw-K~D2EeFA__.htm

b0adcfd9gy1fin02gi3n7j20qo0zygq0.jpg

wow..the fans must waited thro the whole night too. Acting looks great and ofc is the kiss scene(s) too :tongue:

Here another link at Weibo. There are so many remarks and 3 million viewers recorded.
http://www.weibo.com/tv/v/Fhzwyue6O?fid=1034:569ead838fc61dfa05d54fefb5a7db79

Archived