[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, mrsyooknit said:

They did the same thing to HSALF and that is turning into a mess. My expectations have been lowered after this tbh. Modern dramas are already more draggy and actors did film for longer than ZLY so I expect a lot of secondary characters filler :(

Something needs to be done about changing original scripts for secondary characters. It just ruins the adaptation. 

I liked this book. The otp was very sweet in a slow burn type of way. 

I was too following HSALF.. The starting was good now I m bored soo I just dropped it!! Y r they messing up with the story? Modern dramas tend to have unnecessary melodrama rather focusing on leads.. I watched SD for DL near the end they messed up!! Let's see what mess is in here.. I hope they don't damage the drama much!! Still now no airing date? 

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

I was too following HSALF.. The starting was good now I m bored soo I just dropped it!! Y r they messing up with the story? Modern dramas tend to have unnecessary melodrama rather focusing on leads.. I watched SD for DL near the end they messed up!! Let's see what mess is in here.. I hope they don't damage the drama much!! Still now no airing date? 

yeah I saw some of SD and you can tell all the unnecessary melodrama surrounding supporting actors really dragged the drama.

I have finished very few modern dramas, probably like 6 bc they get so draggy and melodramatic. I really hope they don't do this drama wrong. The book is not masterpiece level but it is enjoyable and it could be really nice if done right. 

Lately cdramas add 20-30 episodes to the original scripts just to increase episode count bc they get paid more if they have more episodes, but end up ruining the story. They did that with HSALF, which was a shame. Another book that I read and really enjoyed. 

Books always stick to the main couple and once the story is adapted and they add so many unnecessary side plots with supporting characters that do nothing to move the plot forward. Then the main story that you want to watch ends up with very little screen time. 

I will still watch this bc Zhao Liying but I am going in with more realistic expectations. :(

@mrsyooknithave to agree abt modern c dramas.. I don't enjoy much c modern dramas coz most of them suck in the middle or by end!! I mostly chose historical c dramas whereas the vice versa goes for Korean!! I m having very less expectations regarding this drama now.. The only thing I look forward to is ZLY.. I m missing her a lot onscreen!! 

@icyphoenix @mrsyooknit 

I'm sure there will be a secondary character filler (and i think it will be on Lin Qian's brother Lin Mochen or on Li Zhicheng's brother or maybe go into details as to how his family's company is on the verge of 'callapsing' etc ) ..as long as the story doesn't drags out and the 'fillers' makes it relevant i'm ok with the extra episodes...and also lots of ZLY :D.

Still no air date :(

9 hours ago, jewelsc said:

@icyphoenix @mrsyooknit 

I'm sure there will be a secondary character filler (and i think it will be on Lin Qian's brother Lin Mochen or on Li Zhicheng's brother or maybe go into details as to how his family's company is on the verge of 'callapsing' etc ) ..as long as the story doesn't drags out and the 'fillers' makes it relevant i'm ok with the extra episodes...and also lots of ZLY :D.

Still no air date :(

sadly no air date :( 

I don't know about Lin Mochen, he has his own book and I really like the actor who is playing him. I don't think I would mind some filler with his character. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So sad still no date yet :(

As I remember the latest news said expected to air in the third quarter. It's already 3rd quarter now so I hope they will give us the fixed date soon.  

Btw i just found another novel read online link translated on OGT, it's still ongoing and I hope they will translate all till ending. Also i read there are intimate bed scenes but I doubt there will be such kind of intimate scenes shown on screen.

To those who don't know chinese like me, and while waiting for OGT on air let's enjoy reading here: http://lightnovelgate.com/novel/our_glamorous_time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

An airing time by cdrmabase.. It's on next month 13

https://cdramabase.com/2018/09/30/coming-soon-our-glamorous-time/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

P. S.  Guys keep requesting for subs from viki n dramafever

Please let it be for real this time, my fingers can only kept crossed for so long, it's all twisted now :lol:

Archived