[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Our Glamorous Time 你和我的倾城时光

sugarplum892

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, neropia said:

Yay!! if only the book was finished translating ;_; 

I don't think they will ever finish translating the novel, i've waited too long so i finished reading the google translated of the chinese version instead, and tbh, i actually got the whole gist of the story :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, catwoman494 said:

I want to watch this for the cast but the trailer didn't capture my attention. Is this all about business and politics with very little focus on the romance?

The book is a romance novel but their romance develops through them working together on their business. Right from the beginning he is interested and starts pursuing her but she doesn't know what to think of him and is not really interested in a relationship at that time. It is a slow burn romance. The backdrop is him trying to make his dad's company successful again and a lot of business problems that come up. Since she is his personal assistant the problems are pretty much used to make them get to know each other and develop their relationship. Now, I don't know what changes they will make to the original material. I liked the novel and my one problem is that it was cheesy towards the end. 

They were so cheesy about showing how much they loved each other that it had me rolling my eyes a little, but I still really liked them and their romance. 

18 hours ago, catwoman494 said:

I want to watch this for the cast but the trailer didn't capture my attention. Is this all about business and politics with very little focus on the romance?

The novel is basically about business and is also a soft core romance (and there r a whole lot of that around the latter half of the book , u can almost rated it R :D),  so i believe too there will be a lot of changes as @mrsyooknit stated above..

Tbh, i'm truly looking forward with Jin Han being the male lead, i hope he and ZLY have alot of chemistry in the drama...who knows, there might be another 'ship' again for our Yingbao :lol:

12 hours ago, minoku2209 said:

Thank God, it's confirmed. I cant wait for this.

2nd August come please come soon!

I'm so sorry if the above info was wrong, as here is another info saying the date seems to overlap with another drama. I wonder why the mix up? I hope we get the real airing date soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They did the same thing to HSALF and that is turning into a mess. My expectations have been lowered after this tbh. Modern dramas are already more draggy and actors did film for longer than ZLY so I expect a lot of secondary characters filler :(

Something needs to be done about changing original scripts for secondary characters. It just ruins the adaptation. 

I liked this book. The otp was very sweet in a slow burn type of way. 

Archived