[Taiwanese Drama 2017] Attention,Love! 稍息立正我愛你

An55mv returns

So, I just watched episode 7 and boy did Joanne Tseng deliver. When Li Zeng help Shao Xi finish the race, and then she started crying on his shoulder, I was gutted. They have such great chemistry in this drama. I am also on board the ship of our second OTP. Xiao Qiao and Jin Li are perfect for each other. I like that she isn't some bratty mean girl second lead. She has already noticed the good intentions and sweetness of Jin Li. I also like her as a friend to Shao Xi, because her other friend is shaky at best. I really hate that this is a one episode a week drama. I need more!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest episode is airing live tonight on CST at 10pm (GMT+8)!!! So far this streaming link works for me (living in Singapore).

http://tv.itver.cc/ctv/#tabs-84-0-0

I'M SO EXCITED I actually got into this drama from listening to Joanne Tseng's 猜猜看, finished 7 episodes in 3 days and now there is really nothing else I want to watch except this drama.

I grew up watching Joanne Tseng (one of the two members in Taiwanese ex-idol girl group Sweety) Her most notable dramas have to be Mr. Fighting (2005), Ti Amo Chocolate (2012) and the most recent Refresh Man (2016). and I was really excited when I found that she was acting in a drama again, this time in my absolute favourite genre (青梅竹马 childhood lovers style romcom) so I was just really watching solely for her until I noticed Prince Chiu. 

It took me like 2 episodes to realise this male lead was THE Wang Zi from another ex-idol boy group Lollipop. I've never really watched Lollipop so when I did recognise him I was shaken because Prince Chiu looks so young next to Joanne Tseng..how could they be of the same age??? Anyways I thought of Prince Chiu's character in this drama to be just a simple tsundere. I actually wasn't expecting much from this drama. But later I noticed this drama was actually a little different as compared to dramas of similar genre (Playful Kiss, Our Times and all the other Tsundere-ish dramas), was that this male lead Li Zheng was actually a lot Softer as a tsundere character and there were a lot more scenes about him which was refreshing because we never really get this much insight on the male character.

Spoiler

Also I love how they've been through so much to the point that bc they don't wish to be awkward with each other, they eventually established that if they can't like each other romantically, they will always be best friends. Li Zheng is GENTLE AS HECK to our female lead Shao Xi (!!!!), love FLOWS in his eyes when he secretly watches Shao Xi it's a little hard to watch sometimes because it's just SO SWEET. However despite all these feelings he doesn't dare to verbally disclose his feelings to Shao Xi because of a few other reasons which leads to a drama this long and all of us have to struggle through these with those two leads.... sigh (LOL)

Sometimes the two leads fight over stupid things but when you think about it, they're both 18. Maybe it's supposed to be this childish. It's a bit stupid sometimes but the cuteness of it all makes everything okay!!!!

Let me move on to the rest of the cast. One of the greatest attributes for this drama is that it really does have a really aesthetically pleasing cast. The visuals are just WOW.  

Our precious second male lead is also an idol group member! Riley Wang from existing boy group SpeXial as Wang Jin Li. He's really cute that catching the Second Male Lead Syndrome is inevitable. Along with him is cutesy actress Kuo Shu Yao as An Xiao Qi. (Interesting fact: Joanne Tseng, Kuo Shu Yao and Prince have acted together in Ti Amo Chocolate)

Spoiler

Also I don't know if anyone has noticed.... In the first episode when the great great-grandfather speaks of the  two couples' kids, he said this:

“稍息 立正 !"

Shao Xi

Li Zheng

Jing Li

Also Shao Xi misspells his name once as 禮......Jin Li was meant to be the third wheel

cries in Second Male Lead Syndrome 

Following that are female lead's Shao Xi's best friends in school, Li Ru Pin (Huang Xin Di) and Xiao Yu/Jin Yu Bin (Greg Han) and also Shao Xi's parents acted by Carolyn Chen and Bokeh Kosang. 

This whole drama should be filmed entirely in Taiwan's capital, Taipei and also Taoyuan. In one scene the characters are seen shopping in the famed Ximending area. The chemistry of the two leads are AMAZING, they have mentioned on multiple shows that they weren't this close when they were still acting together for Ti Amo Chocolate and now because both of them were from popular idol groups, they have a lot to chat about (to the point where they have to set a time limit for themselves bc they just cannot stop talking to each other LOL).  According to the two leads themselves, this drama was inspired by a true story from one of their colleagues (it isn't known if they actually ended up getting married HEH) Join us and see how it goes!!! :D

***Update after finishing ep 8: Chemistry is better than ever. I've never been this comfortable with an OTP for a long time. This drama took a twist that was similar to Playful Kiss so fans of the old romcom please look here!!!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have to address the argument between Li Zheng and Jin Li. Never has a second lead been more important to the OTP. Although, I agree with many other commenters that Jin Li does not like Shao Xi as much as he thinks he does, I do feel that one of the reasons he can't leave her alone is watching her fall deeper in love with Li Zheng who doesn't have the courage to admit that he likes her. 

He was 100% right when he told Li Zheng to stop stringing her along. Either let her go and find happiness with someone willing to let her know where they stand, or step up and confess. This needed to be said because Li Zheng is under the illusion that Shao Xi has to lie and wait on him to decide how he feels about her. Nope, not feeling that at all. What he is doing to her is emotional terrorism. I don't want you, but I will keep taking care of you and treating you like "the one" without confessing or being with you. Well, he did sort of confess, but he did it at a time when he would still treat her like she was just a friend, so of course she wouldn't believe him. LI ZHENG, STEP UP!!!

I really want more movement with Jin Li and Xiao Qi. I still like her for him because he needs someone that will keep him motivated and she is the type that will kick him in the butt if he needs it. Loving this drama and the OST thus far!

I told myself to not start another Taiwanese drama after the disappointment from The Perfect Match, but ended up watch all the episodes in 2 days. As someone mentioned, this drama really reminds me of It Started with a Kiss (and a little bit In Time with You). While ISWAK have great success with many remakes, I there isn't one remake that I really prefer (mostly because of bad acting). Here the writers changed a few elements and found better actors (especially female lead). So far, I really enjoyed this drama and might be the substitute if I want to something similar to ISWAK. 

I also noticed that Dewi Chien is playing Bai Ruo Lin. This is the third (please correct me if I'm wrong) time she is playing a similar character (pretty girl likes one of the handsome male leads). She must the expert in playing these roles... 

19 hours ago, angelica101 said:

I told myself to not start another Taiwanese drama after the disappointment from The Perfect Match, but ended up watch all the episodes in 2 days. As someone mentioned, this drama really reminds me of It Started with a Kiss (and a little bit In Time with You). While ISWAK have great success with many remakes, I there isn't one remake that I really prefer (mostly because of bad acting). Here the writers changed a few elements and found better actors (especially female lead). So far, I really enjoyed this drama and might be the substitute if I want to something similar to ISWAK. 

I also noticed that Dewi Chien is playing Bai Ruo Lin. This is the third (please correct me if I'm wrong) time she is playing a similar character (pretty girl likes one of the handsome male leads). She must the expert in playing these roles... 

I'm glad someone else is watching and talking. I also think this is an excellent drama and is the only one I'm really watching right now. I think the acting is great and I'm enjoying watching the story develop. 

After browsing online for new dramas I came across AL. I like the chemistry between ZSX and LZ… WJL is so adorable and I love that he never gives up…

Makes me giggle like a high schooler confessing to my crush all over again… which was over 10+ years ago…LOL  

Is it just me or does anyone think that ZSX father looks kinda like Wallace Chung????????????

I honestly had to double check because the father looks like Wallace from some angles…… or maybe it’s my eye contacts that are tripping on my eye sight along with withdrawn symptoms for “General and I”.

@ angelica101 - I agree with you that this drama reminds me of “Started with a Kiss” too….but sadly Li Zheng is dragging  on expressing his feelings.

@ chanhun9294 - IKR, the OTP chemistry is amazing…. This is the first time I like watching Joanne Tseng.

I think we're hopefully about to have some major progress! (Watch to the very, very end for the good stuff!) Now if only someone would translate this preview! :wub:

Oh - I have a theory - it looks like he must be sick -and since they're wearing the same clothes in both kiss scenes I bet anything he kisses the other girl while dreaming that he is kissing Zhong Shao Xi.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this drama... I thought this is already done and out but man... one episode per week?? I should've research better. 

I'm still watching because of the second lead couple. I hope the writer won't mess her character and love line up. I want the guy she ends up with will chase her and cherish her. Angelina is a rich spoilt brat yes, but she is mature in other sense. I don't know. I want her character to grow and it looks promising so far..

as for the main leads.. even though they now come together after what? 13 episodes?? This couple have so much to work on especially male lead. His character is ruthless if it's not xiao shi. This couple is really stressing me out.

So, what is the over and under on Bai Bai or whatever her name is getting pushed off a cliff? This girl is pure evil. All of this deceit to try and be with someone that does not want her. While I applaud LZ for telling her straight up that he doesn't like her and never did. I wish he took the same zeal into telling XS how he feels about her. It should not take JL making him jealous to get him to move. I didn't blame XS for not choosing either one to dance with at the MT. 

My favorite character is Angelina! She saw right through Bai's evil ways and let her have it. Plus, I love the friendship between her and XS. XS needs a smart and outspoken friend like Angelina. She need someone who will fight for her, I love it!

6 minutes ago, nubianlegalmind said:

My favorite character is Angelina! She saw right through Bai's evil ways and let her have it. Plus, I love the friendship between her and XS. XS needs a smart and outspoken friend like Angelina. She need someone who will fight for her, I love it!

This! I was cheering on the bus when she dragged Bai away by her hair. :D

Episode 13: Finally an episode where I did not want to bash the heads of the OTP together.  :lol:

On 10/23/2017 at 3:07 AM, xiaojies87 said:

especially male lead. His character is ruthless if it's not xiao shi. This couple is really stressing me out.

His ruthlessness, as you've described it, kind of reminds me of the character, Yoo Jung, from "Cheese in the Trap."  At least that was what I thought for the first time when I saw the previews for ep 14.

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

His ruthlessness, as you've described it, kind of reminds me of the character, Yoo Jung, from "Cheese in the Trap."  At least that was what I thought for the first time when I saw the previews for ep 14.

You're right! I'd say most of the time he isn't very much like Yoo Jung (or at least, he's nicer about it) but when he's in "protect Xiao Si" mode, he totally is just as viciously scary.

In episode 12, when they fought and we saw Li Zheng sitting in his white room and Xiao Si leaving, I thought, "She's been with you in your world a long time, Buddy - maybe it's time you step out into hers." And then his speech at the end of 13 felt like a big step in that direction. Yay!

But from the preview, it looks like she is going to find out what he did back in high school to protect her. I hope she doesn't blow up. Maybe she'll realize that's why he missed the movie. I'm glad the misunderstandings are finally clearing up. I've been missing our strong Zhong Ge. She's been too mopey sad for too long.

• 2 weeks later...

This Drama was like a fusion of Itazura Na Kiss-meets-Cheese In The Trap & a few other Dramas. Also can't the writers be a lil more IDK...original?? The whole my grandparents betroth our kids out of gratitude trope is SO OVERDONE. Yet despite all that, I found this drama incredibly addictive LoL:tongue: Maybe it's because of the OST.. in particular the constant replays of Close To You or the eye candy cast especially the girl who plays An-juh-lee-nuh LMFAo that girl is a hoot:lol:

I like that they gave this version of Itazura Na Kiss a bit more heart, the male lead is not some stiff, cold, indifferent character in the original but is more humane in this. And the female lead to be more in control of her choices, unlike Kotoko who is like a lovesick puppy with no pride or goals. However as a second male lead, I find Jin Li underwhelming. IDK it's just me but I find him cringeworthy LoL:tongue:  

• 1 year later...

This drama sucked me in from the first episode. What a nice, refreshing take on a male lead--smart, cold, but loving to the female led. I love the fact that she's so darn tough, but sweet. A cute drama....not the normal overdone Taiwanese drama.

On 11/18/2017 at 12:37 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I like that they gave this version of Itazura Na Kiss a bit more heart, the male lead is not some stiff, cold, indifferent character in the original but is more humane in this. And the female lead to be more in control of her choices, unlike Kotoko who is like a lovesick puppy with no pride or goals. However as a second male lead, I find Jin Li underwhelming. IDK it's just me but I find him cringeworthy LoL:tongue:  

@Latte_Anyday, I agree that the male lead had more "heart", but at the same time if you think about it, he was a little more "cruel" than the male leads in the other dramas.  In those drama, they didn't intentionally try to hurt the female lead or make her jealous of another woman--they just had a hard time showing how they really felt about the female lead.  In Attention Love, the male lead knows she really likes him; she's told him this on a number of different occasions. However, he kept putting her in the "friend zone". The reason I say he was cruel is because he intentionally did things to make her jealous of the other girl--even brought the girl a gift all because he wants to make the girl who likes him jealous and he's the one that was keeping them apart.  It was cruel to torture her and there was nothing else she could do or tell him. The writer really should have made her make him jealous...that would have been better. The other girl realized she had been used by him and purposely did things to hurt the OTP. 

On 8/24/2019 at 7:30 PM, lclarakl said:

@Latte_Anyday, I agree that the male lead had more "heart", but at the same time if you think about it, he was a little more "cruel" than the male leads in the other dramas.  In those drama, they didn't intentionally try to hurt the female lead or make her jealous of another woman--they just had a hard time showing how they really felt about the female lead.  In Attention Love, the male lead knows she really likes him; she's told him this on a number of different occasions. However, he kept putting her in the "friend zone". The reason I say he was cruel is because he intentionally did things to make her jealous of the other girl--even brought the girl a gift all because he wants to make the girl who likes him jealous and he's the one that was keeping them apart.  It was cruel to torture her and there was nothing else she could do or tell him. The writer really should have made her make him jealous...that would have been better. The other girl realized she had been used by him and purposely did things to hurt the OTP. 

Wow - I did not take his actions that way at all! He never did anything intentionally - I think he was just a bit oblivious to how she took things. Like the gift - he didn't even purposely buy the other girl a gift (if this is the incident I'm remembering). He bought the main girl a gift and was given a freebie. When the other girl demanded a gift, he gave her that freebie. The main girl misunderstood later when she heard about it but if she'd asked him, she'd have learned that the other girl wasn't even worth his spending money on - he gave her something that meant nothing to him and had cost him nothing. And he was never intentionally trying to make anyone jealous. He was just cowardly - so afraid of losing her friendship that he took way too long to finally confess. 

Archived