[Taiwanese Drama 2017] Attention,Love! 稍息立正我愛你

An55mv returns

On 8/26/2019 at 4:58 PM, ladysaotome said:

Wow - I did not take his actions that way at all! He never did anything intentionally - I think he was just a bit oblivious to how she took things. Like the gift - he didn't even purposely buy the other girl a gift (if this is the incident I'm remembering). He bought the main girl a gift and was given a freebie. When the other girl demanded a gift, he gave her that freebie. The main girl misunderstood later when she heard about it but if she'd asked him, she'd have learned that the other girl wasn't even worth his spending money on - he gave her something that meant nothing to him and had cost him nothing. And he was never intentionally trying to make anyone jealous. He was just cowardly - so afraid of losing her friendship that he took way too long to finally confess. 

In this particular case, he was not oblivious as to how she took things.  The other girl called him out on it and told him to his face that he just bought her the key chain to make the lead female jealous--he was using her and she wanted him to know what it felt like. The other "kiss" guys would have never just brought a gift for a girl. Yeah, they hung out with another girl, but the girl could never think that he liked her. The other girl had already asked him about a birthday gift prior to him giving her one. I didn't get the impression that the key chain was a freebie--I don't recall hearing that--I missed it.  I found it disappointing that he had to "attempt" to kiss the other girl to see if it was possible that he could have kissed her....really? I didn't like that little test at all, I won't go into why I didn't like it.

I'll rewatch the episodes, I think it was 11-13, to see if I can see it from the way you described. My first watch in a marathon setting was he did things to make her jealous. He knew how she felt about him, but continued to have the other girl always present in some way until the other guy started filling the void he was leaving.

• Guest changed the title to [Taiwanese Drama 2017] Attention,Love! 稍息立正我愛你
  • 9 months later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the recommendation from MDL to watch this, so I gave it a try.  I am on ep.7 now.  I find it kinda slow but refreshing. The FL is so different here and i dont understand why the ML is so confusing both the FL and the viewers, after she confessed to him boldly so many times.  He is still friend zoning her.  Awww, i really feel for her and sometimes ask her to move on.  I feel the SML is not upto the par of what he need to do here.  I like the FL's parents.  they are so cute.  The friends of FL are also cute.  I like how the male friend call her Zhong Ge.  :wub:

Archived