OCN Drama 2017

Black/ 블

2017092001001626100118061.jpg

Drama: Black

Hangul:

Genre: fantasy-thriller

Network: OCN

Episodes: 16 + 2 (extension)

Director: Kim Hong-Sun (Voice, Pied Piper, Liar Game)

Writer: Choi Ran (God’s Gift–14 Days, Iljimae)

Release Date: 14th October 2017- 10th December 2017

Runtime: Saturday&Sunday 22:20 (following drama "Save Me" )

Production Company:

OST:

part 1 South Club (남태현) - Take Me Out 블랙

part 2 eeSA (리싸) - Like A Film

part 3 Min Chae (민채) - Another Me

Official site: http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog

http://program.tving.com/ocn/black

Other sites:http://asianwiki.com/Black_(Korean_Drama)

http://www.koreandrama.org/black/

Black | 블랙 Opening

Plot

The main character is Black, a Grim Reaper who inhabits a human body ( a detective ) and falls in love with a woman, Ha-Ram, who can see shadows of death. These two struggle to save the lives of people. His love will break the rules of the heavens, and the grim reaper will be erased from the memories of everyone on Earth. (Dramabeans/ Asianwiki)

Cast

tumblr_orhvkzzoHI1sdd1ivo9_r2_540.png

Song Seung-Heon- Detective Black ( Grim Reaper)

Go Ara- Kang Ha-Ram

Lee El -Yoon Soo-Wan

Kim Dong-Joon - Oh Man Soo

Park Doo-Sik - Je Soo Dong

Kim Jae-Young - Leo

Kim Won-Hae - Na Kwang Kyun

Heo Jae-Ho - Park Kwi Nam

Jo Jae-Yun - Grim Reaper No.007

Lee Kyu Bok - Grim Reaper No.416

Jung Suk-Yong - Bong Man Sik

Lee Cheol-Min - Oh So Tae

Oh Cho-Hee - Tiffany

Lee Kwang Hoon - Chen

Kim Jung Young -

Relationship Chart

Dtwk3G4.png

Posters

DJo96G5U8AEaezF.jpg&key=26cd9a70d46f84bb

DJo96G7UMAAHSVL.jpg&key=7afb8ea2adb9073a

Teasers/Trailers

Teaser 1

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OCN completes weekend lineup for 2017 with new drama from God’s Gift writer

by tipsymocha

godsgift-iljimae.jpg

OCN has been churning out some pretty good shows in its Saturday-Sunday slot, and they must be excited by the results, because they’ve announced a new drama titled Black to air in their weekend spot in October. This means OCN already has all of the dramas for that slot planned through the end of 2017. That’s some forward-thinking I wish other channels would practice.

Black is the newest project from screenwriter Choi Ran, who also wrote Iljimae (the Lee Jun-ki one) and God’s Gift–14 Days. The show will be a thriller — naturally, because, OCN — but it’ll have a fairly strong romantic element in that the main character is a grim reaper who inhabits a human body and falls in love with a woman. His love will break the rules of the heavens, and the grim reaper will… be erased from the memories of everyone on earth. Uhhh, spoiler alert? Wait, that can’t be the ending, right? Because, coupled with the writer of God’s Gift–14 Days, I’m feeling extremely wary about the ending of this show and it hasn’t even started yet.

More http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/ocn-completes-weekend-lineup-for-2017-with-new-drama-from-gods-gift-writer/

Song Seung Heon, Go Ara Offered Lead Roles In OCN Thriller 'Black'

by Angie Choi / Jun 14, 2017 06:46 AM EDT

17th-shanghai-international-film-festiva

Song Seung Heon may be the next grim reaper who steals the hearts of Kdrama fans after Lee Dong Wook's strong performance as a supernatural character in tvN's "Goblin." Seong Seung Hoon has been offered the role of a grim reaper who falls in love with a human in OCN's upcoming drama "Black."

According to a report DongA Sports, Song Seung Heon's management, Better ENT has announced that he is currently reviewing the offer for the lead role in "Black." Go Ara, who recently starred in the historical drama "Hwarang" has also been offered the lead female role in the project.

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/37922/20170614/song-seung-heon-go-ara-offered-lead-roles-in-ocn-thriller-black.htm

Song Seung Heon And Go Ara Considering Lead Roles In OCN’s New Grim Reaper Drama

Song-Seung-Heon-Go-Ara.jpg

Song Seung Heon and Go Ara are in talks for an upcoming OCN drama called “Black.”

On June 8, both of their agencies stated that the two actors are currently looking over the roles.

“Black” is about a grim reaper who gets erased from the memories of the world for breaking the rules and falling in love with a woman after borrowing a human’s body. It is set to air after the upcoming drama “Save Me.”

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/07/song-seung-heon-go-ara-considering-lead-roles-ocns-new-grim-reaper-drama/

Actor Song Seung-heon and Go Ara meet each other with OCN drama 'Black'.

CJ officials, who will make the drama 'Black', said on the 29th
June that "Song Seung Heon and Go Ara are all confirmed to appear in 'Black' recently,". It is scheduled to air in the second half of the year.

i.aspx?Guid=2017%5C06%5C29%5C0aa79005855

http://star.fnnews.com/archives/400269

http://www.hankookilbo.com/v/1b549c8ab26f64191b549c8ab26f6419

Song Seung Heon And Go Ara Confirmed As Leads In Upcoming Grim Reaper Drama

song-seung-heon-go-ara1.jpg

Earlier this month, it was reported that actor Song Seung Heon and actress Go Ara were in talks for the upcoming fantasy drama called “Black.”

On June 29, it was confirmed that the two will be starring in the OCN drama, which is about a grim reaper who is erased from the memories of the world after breaking the rules of the heavens by falling in love with a human woman after borrowing another human’s body.

Song Seung Heon will be taking on the role of the grim reaper while information about Go Ara’s role has yet to be released. “Black” is scheduled to begin airing in the second half of this year.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/28/song-seung-hun-go-ara-confirmed-leads-upcoming-fantasy-romance-drama/

OCN's Black: Go Ara and Song Seung Heon confirmed for grim reaper drama

June 29, 2017 19:40 SGT by  Riddhiman Mukhopadhyay

1498736403_ocn-drama-black.jpg

'Hwarang' actress Go Ara and 'Autumn in My Heart' actor Song Seung-heon have been confirmed to star as leads in grim reaper-human romance drama 'Black,' from Orion Cinema Network (OCN).

Website Soompi notes that the confirmation came on June 29. Song Seung-heon will play the grim reaper, immortalised on the South Korean television screen by Lee Dong-wook in 'Goblin.'

[...]The drama is said to be styled as a thriller and focus entirely on the mythical figure of the grim reaper, unlike 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.' But, it is very obvious that it was the success of 'Goblin' that has led to OCN's 'Black' coming to fruition.

more http://www.ibtimes.sg/ocns-black-go-ara-song-seung-heon-confirmed-grim-reaper-drama-11939

June 29 2017

Song Seung-Heon and Go Ara cast in OCN drama series “Black”

BLACK-KD-TPSSH-GA.jpg

Song Seung-Heon and Go Ara are now cast for the lead roles in new OCN drama series “Black.” In the drama series, Song Seung-Heon will play Grim Reaper Black who has taken over the body of a detective. Go Ara will play Ha-Ram. She is able to the shadows of death.

“Black” first airs October, 2017 in South Korea.

Checking in because  this is OCN. And I always watch OCN crime dramas.  I wonder who will be the other cast. Though I'm not a fan fantasy kind of drama esp  for crime thriller drama  (cos I like procedural ones)  I'll check this out as well.

OCN.. from 38TF to Voice to Duel to Save me.. and now to Black and after that it's Bad Guys 2.   There's a reason why OCN is a fav network.

Thanks for starting the thread, larus <3

2 hours ago, jongski said:

Checking in because  this is OCN. And I always watch OCN crime dramas.  I wonder who will be the other cast. Though I'm not a fan fantasy kind of drama esp  for crime thriller drama  (cos I like procedural ones)  I'll check this out as well.

OCN.. from 38TF to Voice to Duel to Save me.. and now to Black and after that it's Bad Guys 2.   There's a reason why OCN is a fav network.

Thanks for starting the thread, larus <3

I like the genre so I will watch. I also like that OCN is giving us different flavor of their crime shows. I like fantasy so I don`t have a problem with that and it seems that we have some romance too. As I said, it is good in my book that OCN is trying to give us diversity.

http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?page=1&branch=NEWS&source=&category=entertainment&art_id=5402703

20170705142604476.jpg

A drama official said, "Kim Dong-joon will appear on OCN new Saturday's show 'Black', which will be broadcast in October," a sports official said on Sunday.

http://news.jtbc.joins.com/article/article.aspx?news_id=NB11490892

Actress Lee El Of “Goblin” In Talks To Join Song Seung Heon And Go Ara In Upcoming OCN Drama

lee-el.jpg

Actress Lee El may be joining Song Seung Heon and Go Ara in OCN’s new fantasy drama “Black.”

A source from Lee El’s agency Artist Company shared, “Lee El is considering joining OCN’s ‘Black.'”

“Black” will tell the story about a grim reaper named Black, who borrows the human body of a detective. Earlier, Song Seung Heon and Go Ara were confirmed as leads. Director Kim Hong Sun from tvN’s drama “Voice” will be directing, and screenwriter Choi Ran, who wrote “God’s Gift – 14 Days” will be writing the script.

Meanwhile, Lee El appeared on tvN’s hit drama “Goblin” earlier this year as Samshin Grandma and made a lasting impression on the viewers. Currently, she is filming a new movie called “Wind Wind Wind.”

“Black” is scheduled to air during the second half of this year.

Source (1)(2)

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Dong Jun Confirmed To Join Song Seung Heon And Go Ara In Upcoming Grim Reaper Drama

Kim-Dong-Jun.jpg

Kim Dong Jun will be joining the cast of upcoming OCN drama “Black”!

The singer-turned-actor will be playing the role of Oh Man Soo, the son of a chaebol (wealthy conglomerate) with notable looks and eloquent speaking skills.

“Black” tells the story of a grim reaper in a human’s body and is a project by “God’s Gift – 14 Days” writer Choi Ran and “Voice” director Kim Hong Sun. As revealed previously, Song Seung Heon and Go Ara will be leading, and Lee El is also in talks to join.

“Black” is set to go on air later this year.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/07/18/kim-dong-jun-confirmed-join-song-seung-heon-go-ara-upcoming-grim-reaper-drama/

(News Focus) More TV shows turning to Netflix as China's culture ban persists

By Chang Dong-woo and Youn Go-eun

SEOUL, July 17 (Yonhap) -- More South Korean TV production companies are considering Netflix as an alternative to the Chinese market, the single-largest market for Korean cultural exports, as Beijing remains adamant against lifting a sweeping ban on Korean cultural products.

Since opening its South Korean service in January 2016, major Korean TV shows first began appearing on Netflix since April of this year, starting with JTBC's "MAN x MAN" in April. The 16-episode series starring Park Hae-jin as an undercover government agent was sold for 6.4 billion won (US$5.67 million) to Netflix to be streamed concurrently throughout the two-month programming.

A still from JTBC's "MAN x MAN" (Yonhap)A still from JTBC's "MAN x MAN" (Yonhap)

tvN's legal thriller "Stranger," starring Bae Doona, who previously worked with Netflix in its original series "Sense 8," was also picked up for 3.6 billion won. OCN's upcoming show "Black," starring Song Seung-heon, is reportedly under negotiation with Netflix for a simultaneous streaming deal.

When it first launched in January 2016, one of the biggest gripes against Netflix's South Korean service was its lack of Korean content. The U.S. streaming giant had a reputable catalogue of original series, but for top-tier Korean programs such as "Descendants of the Sun" or the "Reply" series, you had to look somewhere else.

A promotional image for tvN's "Stranger" (Yonhap)A promotional image for tvN's "Stranger" (Yonhap)

Many users and industry observers have wondered: Why has it taken more than a year for Netflix to commit itself to bringing quality Korean content? On the flip side, another important question would be: Why are Korean TV productions now starting to look at Netflix as a viable option?

New partnerships between Korean companies and Netflix are apparently partly due to Beijing's continued escalation of economic retaliatory steps against Seoul since June last year -- when Seoul and Washington agreed on the former's introduction of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system, a missile defense system.

China claims it is a serious threat to its security, while the U.S. and South Korea say it is only meant to protect against North Korean. South Korean services and goods, including Korean pop culture such as music, TV shows and movies, have taken a beating in the world's second-largest economy since.

Before the culture ban, Korean TV dramas enjoyed massive commercial success in China, beginning with the 2014 series "My Love from the Star" and culminating with 2016's "Descendants from the Sun" and "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo," which were sold for $250,000 and $457,000 per episode, respectively, in China.

But following the culture ban from their single-largest importer, Korean production companies have scrambled to make up losses by better tapping Southeast Asia and the Americas. Since the ban, Netflix also emerged as an alternative to China.

On Netflix's part, the company has also reportedly loosened up from its previous strong demands for exclusive deals, courting Korean programs in order to up its game in Asia. Under its deal with Netflix, "MAN x MAN" is allowed to be sold to overseas networks for broadcasting three months after it finishes airing in South Korea.

"Netflix enjoyed a noticeable 'Park Hae-jin effect' in Thailand, as 'MAN x MAN' became available while Netflix just opened its service in the country," said Hwang Ji-seon, head of Mountain Movement Story, which represents Park.

Smaller shows, though, tend to be sold to Netflix under exclusive deals. "My Only Love Song" a web series that had been initially planned with the Chinese market in mind, was sold exclusively to Netflix.

Some industry experts warn that companies should remain cautious when dealing with the streaming giant, considering that Netflix's business outreach spans over 190 countries.

"(Given Korean TV shows' market values) Netflix isn't paying the appropriate amount of money for shows. The Korean companies that are busy trying to make up for losses in China tend to be blindsided from this fact," said a TV network representative who asked not to be named.

odissy@yna.co.kr

(END)

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2017/07/17/0302000000AEN20170717005900315.html

On 6/29/2017 at 2:59 PM, larus said:

OCN's Black: Go Ara and Song Seung Heon confirmed for grim reaper drama

June 29, 2017 19:40 SGT by  Riddhiman Mukhopadhyay

'Hwarang' actress Go Ara and 'Autumn in My Heart' actor Song Seung-heon have been confirmed to star as leads in grim reaper-human romance drama 'Black,' from Orion Cinema Network (OCN).

Website Soompi notes that the confirmation came on June 29. Song Seung-heon will play the grim reaper, immortalised on the South Korean television screen by Lee Dong-wook in 'Goblin.'

[...]The drama is said to be styled as a thriller and focus entirely on the mythical figure of the grim reaper, unlike 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God.' But, it is very obvious that it was the success of 'Goblin' that has led to OCN's 'Black' coming to fruition.

more http://www.ibtimes.sg/ocns-black-go-ara-song-seung-heon-confirmed-grim-reaper-drama-11939

June 29 2017

Song Seung-Heon and Go Ara cast in OCN drama series “Black”

Song Seung-Heon and Go Ara are now cast for the lead roles in new OCN drama series “Black.” In the drama series, Song Seung-Heon will play Grim Reaper Black who has taken over the body of a detective. Go Ara will play Ha-Ram. She is able to the shadows of death.

“Black” first airs October, 2017 in South Korea.

Thanks for the information.

Can't wait to  watch this drama. 

I have been watching Voice. That's really a good thriller drama. 

Song Seung Heon is a great actor, and off course handsome too.

I don't know about Go Ara. I never watched her drama. But she is very beautiful. 

7 hours ago, Mari95 said:

don't know about Go Ara. I never watched her drama. But she is very beautiful. 

Just watch you're all surrounded must watch drama romantic thriller  ( go ara along with Lee seung gi , cha seung won , ahn Jae Hyun )amazing drama highly recommended

On 7/23/2017 at 4:46 PM, saanjh sena said:

Just watch you're all surrounded must watch drama romantic thriller  ( go ara along with Lee seung gi , cha seung won , ahn Jae Hyun )amazing drama highly recommended

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll watch it someday. 

On 7/25/2017 at 7:50 AM, larus said:

Actors Song Seung Heon, Go Ara, and Kim Dong-jun united for the 'Black'. Today is the first screenplay reading.

We have so little information about the cast. Hope we`ll have more articles soon.

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110695004

Is there the photo of the first script reading? 

I wish i could see their photo 

1 hour ago, Mari95 said:

Is there the photo of the first script reading? 

I wish i could see their photo 

No, there are no pictures . They announced that it will be the first reading but they will released the pictures later, when the date of the premiere is closer.

Archived