[Drama 2017] Black 블랙

larus

Eversince I saw Go Ara in Hwarang, I fell in love with her acting. And her previous dramas are good too. She is a good actress that can make someone smile through her roles. She always takes happy roles and her role in Black is something new.

I hope that the character she portrays in Black is well written for her to showcase her talent in acting. Larus, I hope you don't believe those negative comments about Ara. You will decide if she is a good actress when you know her. 

I hope Black will turn out the best! I would not like to compare it to Goblin since I don't watch that. It is not the only drama with a grim reaper anyway so why compare?

The plot is very intriguing. And since I am not that busy for the next months to come, I always lurk to some sites for Black updates and in here too. It's good to chat with people who have the same interest as mine. : j

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, ocean90 said:

I  hope that the character she portrays in Black is well written for her to showcase her talent in acting. Larus, I hope you don't believe those negative comments about Ara. You will decide if she is a good actress when you know her.

No worry. I don`t care what others are saying. People are so excited about a drama and I don`t find it so great and I will like something low rating. People have different tastes. I remember the comments about Ko Sung Hee when she was cast in My Beautiful Bride and she did good with her role.

I don`t like comparations between dramas too. Like comparing apples and oranges. When it is a remake it is inevitable but even so, each drama has its own story/ flavour.

Grim reaper Song Seung-heon and death psychic Go Ara in OCN’s Black

by tineybeanie

ocnblack3.jpg

OCN’s new death clairvoyant mystery drama Black released two new character teasers featuring leads Go Ara (Hwarang) and Song Seung-heon (Saimdang, Light’s Diary). Respectively, the two main actors play a death-foreseeing human woman and a soul-collecting grim reaper who fall in love, defying the preset laws of the universe. While initially the synopsis of this drama reminded me of The Lonely Shining Goblin due to the supernatural bride element, these teasers definitely evoke a darker tone.

Go Ara plays “the woman who predicts death, Ha-ram.” She’s shown to be in sunglasses because when death draws near, she can see it on a person as shadows surrounding them. She says in the teaser that she can see how they will die. Being afraid of the death she can see so clearly, she hides behind her sunglasses. However, in the middle of the teaser, she takes them off and touches the shadows, which seem to explode beneath her hand. Flashes of a burning car go by, and the teaser ends with a closeup into Go Ara’s haunting eyes.

Read more

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/09/grim-reaper-song-seung-heon-and-death-psychic-go-ara-in-ocns-black/

On 9/11/2017 at 0:36 PM, nona88 said:

hi everyone 

it take from me some days to be able to understand all the change in soompi forums 

and it nice to find the default ver for me who liked to react to other's posts 

now i can back to the forums and will see what i am going to watch and write about,  since i have a little more time for  the next two months 

AND " BLACK -drama" on my list to watch now , but as we know OCN like to gave us a little about the dramas teaser and pre-PLOT so i am going to wait to know more ( they have the best drama but have the best way to  torture us :grin:)

i guess we have to wait for the end of this months to get Description of characters but i have Curiosity of why the grim reaper have to live in human body from the start ? any idea ? the first plot said he take it and fall in love with human women and break the rules ? but why in the first place he take human body !!!! me here thinking that when they said he fall in love and break the rules they wasn't talk about GO ara character maybe he did that in the past so that why he have to live in human body as punishment

random thoughts- okay i think i love talking about drama before it started that show how much i missing being here , after all everytime i have to be away even for sometimes it hard to stop missing being here 

@bebebisous33 nice to see that you here too :heart: i missed the fun reading your posts , since i have to wait for this drama to start do you have recommendation for another new drama which going to start ?

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly, Black is on my watch list. The story sounds compelling and interesting. I am also waiting for "while you were sleeping", since I will work for VIKI (subtitles).

I missed your comments as well, hence I am happy to see that you are also joining this thread.:)

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Honestly, Black is on my watch list. The story sounds compelling and interesting. I am also waiting for "while you were sleeping", since I will work for VIKI (subtitles).

I missed your comments as well, hence I am happy to see that you are also joining this thread.:)

THANKS DEAR 

nice to know that VIKI is going to sub "while you were sleeping " and thanks for your hard work

i am going to be here this two months lucky there times in the years when i can watch more then one live drama and be here enjoy the fun with you and others , so i can't wait for this drama to start 

22 hours ago, larus said:

No worry. I don`t care what others are saying. People are so excited about a drama and I don`t find it so great and I will like something low rating. People have different tastes. I remember the comments about Ko Sung Hee when she was cast in My Beautiful Bride and she did good with her role.

I don`t like comparations between dramas too. Like comparing apples and oranges. When it is a remake it is inevitable but even so, each drama has its own story/ flavour.

Yeah, anyway eventhough there's not so much hype, or should I say no high expectations in this drama,,(people make high expectations then when they watch it,, they get disappointed ,,just like Habaek...)   

I'll watch it for Go Ara to support her hehe. Just a good story and well written character will do. 

On 9/12/2017 at 0:47 AM, ocean90 said:

I  hope that the character she portrays in Black is well written for her to showcase her talent in acting. Larus, I hope you don't believe those negative comments about Ara. You will decide if she is a good actress when you know her.

The reply to the comment...."No worry. I don`t care what others are saying. People are so excited about a drama and I don`t find it so great and I will like something low rating. People have different tastes. I remember the comments about Ko Sung Hee when she was cast in My Beautiful Bride and she did good with her role. I don`t like comparations between dramas too. Like comparing apples and oranges. When it is a remake it is inevitable but even so, each drama has its own story/ flavour."

@larus I switch to default for this post so I can click the like button. Thumbs up ! and heart like to the reply. I saw reference to MBB and my face light up. Also felt same way with the female lead there and she was good there.  For this BLACK drama. I'm not familiar with Go Ara. Can't really comment  about acting as I don't think I've seen any of her drama so. This will be the first time. I always say this  I will watch drama  as along as the story good,  well written, well acted, over all production is good.  as was the case for MBB.

Edit: because.. minding the gap and the quote. Yeah we know how forum still sick :) 

Actress Oh Chou Hee confirmed to appear in drama "Back". She was revealed in a picture  taken with actor Kim Jae-young. She will play the role of Tiffany. 

404565_314760_477.jpg

http://www.ggilbo.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=404565

Sep 14 2017

Character posters for OCN drama series “Black”

BLACK-CP.jpg

Here’s two character posters for upcoming OCN drama series “Black.” The character posters are of Song Seung-Heon as Grim Reaper Black and Go Ara as Kang Ha-Ram. Shooting for the character posters took place August, 2017 at a studio in Namyangju, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.

“Black” first airs October 14, 2017 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/character-posters-for-ocn-drama-series-black

Grim Reaper Fantasy Drama “Black” Reveals Intense Character Posters

Song-Seung-Heon-e1505492336657.jpg

On September 14, two character posters of the main protagonists for OCN’s new drama “Black” were disclosed for the first time.

In the posters, Song Seung Heon looks cool and composed as a grim reaper while Go Ara seems both fearful and determined after having taken her sunglasses off that prevent her from seeing the dark shadows of death. His poster reads “A man who protects death,” whereas her poster reads “A woman who predicts death.”

“Black” tells the mysterious and romantic story of a grim reaper named Black (played by Song Seung Heon), who has possessed a human’s body, and a woman named Kang Ha Ram (played by Go Ara), who can see the shadows of death. Together, they break the rules of heaven and struggle to save the lives of people.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/15/grim-reaper-fantasy-drama-black-reveals-intense-character-posters/

Archived