Quantcast
Jump to content
Berou

K-Drama Soompi Contest 2016

Recommended Posts

Hi, sounds like a fun idea. Can I ask what types of entries will be required? Is it something like fanart?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ladyid said:

Hi, sounds like a fun idea. Can I ask what types of entries will be required? Is it something like fanart?

 

Yes something like that. Once the entries for each round are in, they'll be put up for vote. The highest number of votes progresses through the competition. Anyone can vote, on whatever drama they want to. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moderator Note: 

Please do not make duplicate accounts to vote for your favourite drama. The additional accounts will be banned and it may affect the standing of your main account. Any votes from these additional accounts will be null and void. 

Thanks for reading and abiding by the rules. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice

The poll was opened on  last Thursday, June 29, and will close on Thursday, July 6 at 12 PM (GMT +1)

Thank you for taking note.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thanks to those of you here who not only thought of this idea but created it and worked hard.... Even more allowed the rest of us to once again visit those dramas that moved our hearts and enjoy the songs that drew us in and the characters that took us to places we had never been....:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't i vote for the drama "My wife's having an affair this week? please add it it was such an emotional popular and unforgettable drama, i want to give my vote to it!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry @mary-ann

It didn't make the final selection. Soompi popularity and ratings were taken in to account, and it didn't make it inside the top twenty.

20 is the maximum number for the poll choices. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MadraRua said:

Sorry @mary-ann

It didn't make the final selection. Soompi popularity and ratings were taken in to account, and it didn't make it inside the top twenty.

20 is the maximum number for the poll choices. 

 

I don't remember ever being able to vote for the drama, so when was the selection made, beside what are soompi popularity and ratings based on? many of the dramas on the list are dramas i never even heard of!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mary-ann the selection was made by the staff on June 28. See the first post.

My wife is having an affair thread has only 72 pages,the average ratings are around 2/3%. It's low compared to the selected dramas.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Berou said:

@mary-ann the selection was made by the staff on June 28. See the first post.

My wife is having an affair thread has only 72 pages,the average ratings are around 2/3%. It's low compared to the selected dramas.

 

 My wife's is having an affair this week was broadcated on a cable tv and where such rating is quite high, in fact t was the highest drama rating JTBC had at the time with then this drama was broadcated.  That aside you can't compare ratings of caple dramas with non-caple dramas. Additionally I just want to point out that  dramas on the list like "1% of everything" had an average og 0.3% so even if we are looking at the above selection based on ratings it still doesn't make sense!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mary-ann  I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't compare dramas on public broadcasts and on a cable TV. As @MadraRua  mentioned we wanted to add more choices but couldn't, the poll only allowed up to 20 dramas. Thus, we thought at least soompiers would be able to pick a favourite one among the chosen ones.

When we made the selection we looked at different criteria such as domestic reception and popularity on the platform. Some dramas were hugely popular on soompi but weren't well received in Korea whereas other ones did really well ratings-wise but didnt get the attention internationally. We combined both criteria. 1% of anything had average ratings but had an active community here (175 pages), it's the reason it got chosen. We can make an favour for you and replace one of the candidate dramas that no one has voted for by my wife is having an affair this week. :)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Berou said:

@mary-ann  I think you've misunderstood me. I didn't compare dramas on public broadcasts and on a cable TV. As @MadraRua  mentioned we wanted to add more choices but couldn't, the poll only allowed up to 20 dramas. Thus, we thought at least soompiers would be able to pick a favourite one among the chosen ones.

When we made the selection we looked at different criteria such as domestic reception and popularity on the platform. Some dramas were hugely popular on soompi but weren't well received in Korea whereas other ones did really well ratings-wise but didnt get the attention internationally. We combined both criteria. 1% of anything had average ratings but had an active community here (175 pages), it's the reason it got chosen. We can make an favour for you and replace one of the candidate dramas that no one has voted for and replace it by my wife is having an affair this week. :)

 

That would be soo awesome, I really want to vote for this drama, it really changed my life view, because of it's deep content, and the and the amazing acting skills and intense chemistry between the lead couple Lee sun Kyun and Song Ji Hyo makes me want to support it even more :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5s8CgjV.jpg

The final contenders are:

W - Two Worlds

Doctors

Descendants of the Sun

Moon Lovers : Scarlet Heart Ryeo

 

Round One to follow.......

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Announcing the first round:

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...