• Japanese: 賢者の愛
  • Director: Takashi Minamoto
  • Writer: Amy Yamada (novel)
  • Network: WOWOW
  • Episodes: 4
  • Release Date: August 20 - September 10, 2016
  • Runtime: Saturdays 22:00

Plot:

30 years ago, when Mayuko was 13 years old, she lived happily with her father Shogo (Takaaki Enoki) and mother Miya (Mayumi Asaka). They lived in an large old home in an wealthy neighborhood near the beach. At that time, Ryoichi lived in the family's annex house and he hoped to become a writer. One day, Yuri, was was also 13 years old, moved next door to Mayuko's family. After that, Mayuko's life changed unexpectedly.

Notes

1. Based on the novel "Kenja no Ai" by Amy Yamada (published January 10, 2015 by Chuokoron-Shinsha).

Cast:

Miho Nakayama

Ryo Ryusei

source: asianwiki

teaser:

• 1 year later...
  • Recently watched this drama. I like the plot and how it unfolded. The ending (NO SPOILERS) made me think... A LOT.
  • Ryo Ryusei (he plays Naomi) has definitely grown into a versatile actor (considering I've watched him in Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger). Was also surprised he was also in Koe Koi.
  • Would like to recommend this drama if you're interested in twisted and mature plots.
  • It has only 4 episodes, so it's quite short but the impact of the drama really stays with you.
  • The drama is definitely not something to watch around your younger siblings/nephews/nieces/ kids. NSFW warning is there.
  • There are possible trigger warnings like suicide and death so please be aware and read this comment first before you watch the series.

• 6 months later...

I just finished this drama and I'm glad I watched it. It was messed up but I really enjoyed it, I felt like I was watching a movie (maybe it was because of the mature side of it, and the ost). I'll think about this drama for a looong time, it's been so long since I truly felt this way about a jdrama (the last drama to make me think this much was Zeni Geba) so I'll cherish it even more.

Archived