[Japanese Drama 2017] I am Sorry, I love you / Gomen, Aishiteru, ごめん、愛してる, Sundays 21:00

0ly40

Gomen, Aishiteru

-e1498415983977.jpg

Details:

• English title: Sorry, I Love You
  • Romaji: Gomen, Aishiteru
  • Japanese: ごめん、愛してる
  • Writer: Taeko Asano
  • Network: TBS
  • Episodes: 10
  • Release Date: July 9, 2017 -- sep 17
  • Runtime: Sundays 21:00

Plot:

Ritsu was abandoned by his mother Reiko when he was little, so now he belongs in the lower social strata. One day, Ritsu gets involved in a case and his head is severely injured, so he can die at anytime. Convinced she abandoned him due to poverty, Ritsu attempts to find his mother and be good to her before his death. But when he learns that she is leading a happy life instead, with her pianist son Satoru, he decides to take revenge on his mother. Ritsu then meets Rinka, a girl whom he happened to help in the past, and discovers she is Satoru’s childhood friend.

Cast:

Source: asianwiki

Teaser:

Resultado de imagen para 2017 ごめん、愛してる

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the 1st episode. Love the way, japan brought out the story line. Tomoya Nagase's eyes:wub:

Surprised that I cried. Maybe I watched korean version before. Looking forward to watch next episode... 

Hope the ending about the mother will different from Korean version. Really hope the mum learned the truth about her son... :tears:

On 7/10/2017 at 11:26 PM, hui_02 said:

Watched the 1st episode. Love the way, japan brought out the story line. Tomoya Nagase's eyes:wub:

Surprised that I cried. Maybe I watched korean version before. Looking forward to watch next episode... 

Hope the ending about the mother will different from Korean version. Really hope the mum learned the truth about her son... :tears:

@hui_02 what's the Korean version? is it Five Fingers? I haven't seen that drama also.

@0ly40 I hope this get sub.  Hope to see an update if episodes been sun. Thanks.

At the moment watching  ep 1. .....

Finished ep 1 raw. I didn't understand anything but based from the plot summary, I get the idea.

@hui_02 just several thoughts and questions

1 the beginning scene.. when Rinka went back to the same place where  she and ritsu hid from the thugs. She brought flowers, she laid down on the mattress whilst  remembering him  and, she cried...so does it mean.. after that scene it's all flashback and...Ritsu is gone?

2.The ring?   does it belong to the mother? the only thing he has of her? the scene where where he went to her house, he was staring at her ( Yes those eyes of Tomoya!) like he was shock. or hurt that she's living tin the lap of luxury with her son satoru (so, half brother) while he's making ends meet. So the mother knows she abandoned him and rejecting him.. Satoru doesn't know about Ritsu?

3.  the next preview I see the 'half borthers playing games and being  siblings they are. I wonder what kind of revenge he's planning.

4.Curious as to what's that Korean version of this drama. I mentioned Five Fingers ( because I saw piano/ pianist.. for the drama so I figured) but  I don;t think so.. well, I still don't know.

5. Satoru seems to be innocent mama's boy spoiled pianist but in once scene, saw the pills Rinku gave him and he looks like nervous or sickly type?

Because as I've said it's raw.. I am at a loss about dialogues and what's going on but I get the drift of the story.  Thanks to this thread and the info and updates.

Waiting for next episode. Next watch Akira and Akira... and I saw a thread for that. Yey. ...

On 13/07/2017 at 3:27 AM, jongski said:

Finished ep 1 raw. I didn't understand anything but based from the plot summary, I get the idea.

@hui_02 just several thoughts and questions

1 the beginning scene.. when Rinka went back to the same place where  she and ritsu hid from the thugs. She brought flowers, she laid down on the mattress whilst  remembering him  and, she cried...so does it mean.. after that scene it's all flashback and...Ritsu is gone?

2.The ring?   does it belong to the mother? the only thing he has of her? the scene where where he went to her house, he was staring at her ( Yes those eyes of Tomoya!) like he was shock. or hurt that she's living tin the lap of luxury with her son satoru (so, half brother) while he's making ends meet. So the mother knows she abandoned him and rejecting him.. Satoru doesn't know about Ritsu?

3.  the next preview I see the 'half borthers playing games and being  siblings they are. I wonder what kind of revenge he's planning.

4.Curious as to what's that Korean version of this drama. I mentioned Five Fingers ( because I saw piano/ pianist.. for the drama so I figured) but  I don;t think so.. well, I still don't know.

5. Satoru seems to be innocent mama's boy spoiled pianist but in once scene, saw the pills Rinku gave him and he looks like nervous or sickly type?

Because as I've said it's raw.. I am at a loss about dialogues and what's going on but I get the drift of the story.  Thanks to this thread and the info and updates.

Waiting for next episode. Next watch Akira and Akira... and I saw a thread for that. Yey. ...

Sorry for the late reply :D

To your questions:

1) Yes, Ritsu passed away. As there is bullet in his head. 

2) If they followed Korean Version.

Yes the ring belongs to his mum. The rest I shall not say as spoiler... 

3) Yes, he plotting for revenge. 

4) Korean version is 'Sorry,  I love you (Misa)' aired in 2004, leads by So Ji Sub & Im Soo-Jung. Had very high rating in both Korea & International areas. 

5) Yes, he got some illness. 

I really love Korea version a lot! Although the ending was tragic. Is one of the best drama I had watched. I strongly recommend you to watch Korean version. 

Here is the link for Korean version from KBS world. 

https://youtu.be/vMacbGkwXkc

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the first two episodes so far and I like it. I don't know anything about the Korean version, but the opening in Seoul threw me a little bit. I kept thinking I was watching Kdrama-- especially with Lee Soo Hyuk guest-starring-- and then suddenly it flips back to Japanese and I'm like, oh yeah, this is Jdrama. Drama worlds colliding!

Ritsu seems to have a talent for bonding with younger men while splashing in water and playing video games, especially young men with overprotective mothers. Looks like he and Rinka are the OTP. Their huge age gap bothers me a little bit. Just a little. It wasn't really noticeable until I looked it up. Eh, I'll continue watching anyway. Besides, I tend to like anything that has an Utada Hikaru song as a theme song.

• 3 weeks later...

And, just like Akira  and Akira, this drama finally been sub! so I'm gonna watch this again. The sub only about 4 episodes but it's okay.  Will binge watch as well.

@hui_02 Thanks for answering my clueless min.  Yup, gonna check the kdrama. Wow SJS. Im gotta check that.

@KiwiNeko ikr. Well the first thought when I saw the poster was....he looked so much older. I didnt wanna say and I'm not saying they look kinda father and daughter but that's exactly what I'm saying. Ha.

3 current doramas I'm watching aired every Sunday.. but the sub takes a while..  like after several week. Unless drama is pick up by DF or VIKI.. but anyway, still grateful for fans who does so, out of love tor stars and drama.

@0ly40 Thanks.

On 8/20/2017 at 10:15 AM, amie0807 said:

just finished watching the first episode and i already felt the sadness from the tomoya nagase's eyes. oh dear, i'm not sure whether i can continue to watch this drama. 

yah but you will curious how its end

The more I watch, the more I keep thinking that Rinka can do so much better. I have no idea why she's so stuck on Satoru. He's nice, but oh so very clueless. Her crush on him seems more of a long-term habit than actual love.

I can't seem to gather much sympathy for the mother. I'm sure she has her reasons for abandoning him, but she really is a nasty person to deal with. Her treatment of Wakana really made me angry. It's also really frustrating to see Ritsu lurking around the house episode after episode without confronting her with his real feelings. He doesn't have much time left to live-- why is he stalling?

• 3 weeks later...

I’m glad that in the end, Ritsu told somebody about his mother even if he never could tell his mom directly who he really was. The drama was predictable from beginning to end except for the twist of Satoru being an adopted son. That, I didn’t expect. It’s very lucky that Ritsu’s heart was a match since they were unrelated and that Satoru survived— ‘cause Ritsu got totally careless about being an organ donor in the end. Yes, I know. Ritsu walking alone on the beach as the waves erased his footprints is a very beautiful and symbolic last scene, but I kept thinking, is it smart for him to be alone in his condition? What if he just dies and no one discovers his body for a long time? Then wouldn’t Satoru be screwed? It bothered me especially when Ritsu was driving. He could’ve had an attack, wrapped the car around a pole, and destroyed the heart he was supposed to donate.

Mostly, I saw the drama as an acting showcase for Nagase Tomoya as a man, who when confronted with his an unexpected early death, went looking for the meaning of his life. He's really good, btw. The drama is worth watching if you're a fan. But other than Wakana and Sakana, the other characters weren’t as interesting or engaging.

The mom especially failed to get any kind of sympathy. Was she supposed to be sympathetic? I couldn't tell. The actress really bugged me. She may have gone through a terrible loss (and an unforgivable betrayal from her awful manager), but she was still a cold, selfish person who was way, way too protective of her son. She was so undeserving of all the consideration that Ritsu (nicest and most self-sacrificing gangster ever) showed her. I assume that she figured out who Ritsu was in the end since Satoru openly dedicated the song to his heart donor brother and she said she had no right to cry for that person. Also, Rinka’s horrible father was nowhere to be seen. I would have liked to have seen the confrontation between the mom and her manager when the truth about Ritsu came out. I imagine it would have lots of dramatic screaming and shouting and slapping. Oh well.

Yoshioka Riho as Rinka wasn’t bad in her role… it was just so very typical. Plus, the age difference started to really show in their romantic scenes together. I’m glad they never crossed the line when it came to their bed scenes. I can buy they had a deep bond that can be called love, but romantic love? I’m not so sure…

As much as I like Wakana and Sakana and don’t want to see them sad, isn’t it kind of disturbing that no one notified them of Ritsu’s death? I’m sure Sakana will eventually figure it out, but I wonder if it’s a good thing that Wakana doesn’t know the truth or a bad thing that Wakana will forever wait for someone who will never return…

@KiwiNeko  Thank you for your thoughts and insights. Always goot see how other view the same drama. I haven't watch all the episodes yet. I see the Ep 10 last episode has been sub. I'm binge watching

1 hour ago, KiwiNeko said:

Mostly, I saw the drama as an acting showcase for Nagase Tomoya as a man, who when confronted with his an unexpected early death, went looking for the meaning of his life. He's really good, btw. The drama is worth watching if you're a fan. But other than Wakana and Sakana, the other characters weren’t as interesting or engaging.

Yeah, the veteran actor. I don't know much about hi drama and  movie credentials but I must've seen 1 or two of his drama/ movies.  The first scene of the drama was a give away.

The ending was so strange, unfinished. I really would like to know who made the decision to stop when she looks at the sky? That's not why she went to Korea... Anyway, I found the japanse's version more delicate, more human, less grandiloquent and I say that as a huge fan of korean drama. The Korean version was good but in this one there's Tomoya Nagase :heart:.
I fell in love with him (since My Boss, My Hero in fact ^^) :wub: and how to do otherwise, he's so handsome and succeeds in composing a character attaching and deeply human. So Ji Sub was great and did a good job but he was young in Sorry I love you and when we do the comparison, it's obvious.

Archived