[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, leeemyis said:

@lyserose me, too. I'm looking forward to that drama as well. Hopefully, we get some cute scenes of them although it seems like there won't be any based on the trailer. 

Have some faith, my friend judging that there will be a loveline between Lu Buwei and Haolan (Zhaoji) if according to history. Probably there'll be some cuteness in the beginning before the politic intensify.

Anyway, I love the wallpaper you made of QL and YL in their official imperial costumes. I used that as my whatsapp wallpaper. 

• Thanks 1

Just saw the newest trailer for Haolan Beauty. Wonder if Nie Yuan is the main male lead or the other young actor. I mean it wouldnt make sense to demote Nie yuan back to 2nd male lead after the whole Story of Yanxi Promotion. But at the same time, the trailer looks like haolan and lu bu wei will first be in love and then fall out of love. Then, she will start liking the King. Sounds like Fuheng-Yingluo-Qianlong loveline to me lol 

1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

Just saw the newest trailer for Haolan Beauty. Wonder if Nie Yuan is the main male lead or the other young actor. I mean it wouldnt make sense to demote Nie yuan back to 2nd male lead after the whole Story of Yanxi Promotion. But at the same time, the trailer looks like haolan and lu bu wei will first be in love and then fall out of love. Then, she will start liking the King. Sounds like Fuheng-Yingluo-Qianlong loveline to me lol 

Ya. Looks like our Qianlong morphed into Fuheng in his previous life. Lol

But if they go by history, rightfully, Lu Bu Wei is her first lover and after her husband's death, she still pursue him. I understand they need to elevate the young actor, thus giving him higher billing than Nie Yuan but let's just wait and see if they will take opportunity on the CP of Yanxi. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

do you have the newest link for the haolan beauty?

@sharonfu18 I actually have the link but you can view it on instagram. Type in the hashtag wujinyan or beautyhaolan. 

From the looks of it, Lu Bu Wei will abandon Haolan for power and thats how they will fall out. Lu Bu Wei looks regretful in the trailer and Haolan looks like shes really bitter towards him Lol wonder if Qin Huang Di would be portrayed as the son of Lu Bu Wei’s or the emperor in this drama. It’ll be interesting to see how they are going to portray Her relationships with Lu bu wei, emperor, and Lao Ai in this drama. Especially since shes the main female lead and has to be portrayed in a good light

• Like 1

I like how in legend of haolan, Lu Bu wei has to choose between power or beauty. However, in Yanxi Palace, Qianlong got both. In former, Lu Bu Wei sacrafices Haolan for power and in the latter, Qianlong uses his power to protect Yingluo. 

If anyone watches Haolan, did you guys pinpoint any connection? Not sure if its a mere concidence or the producer/director intentionally includes it in the drama. 

- when Haolan tried to Suicide at the river, Lu Bu wei rescued her and told her she owes him too much money and if she dies, make sure in her next life, she has to be his slave to pay off her debt. We all know what happened in yanxi lol

- throughout the drama, lu bu wei has a slogan. He always says that hes a merchant, and so hes only cares about money and profit, not love. Sounds like someone familiar in yanxi anyone? LOL

- in Haolan, consort shu is the younger sister of Haolan and she stole Haolan’s fiancee. I guess now we know why Yingluo always steals Qianlong from her in Yanxi haha

- in Haolan, consort shu always trying to accuse  Lu Bu Wei and get him in trouble, I guess that makes sense why she was often ignored by Qianlong in Yanxi 

- Hongzhou is Haolans first love but he deceived her. Thus, he suffers from Yingluos wrath in Yanxi 

-bonus: Haolan slaps and hits Lu Bu Wei like theres no tomorrow LOL something we cant see in Yanxi 

is there anything else anyone noticed? 

• LOL 1

15 hours ago, ChloeR said:

I like how in legend of haolan, Lu Bu wei has to choose between power or beauty. However, in Yanxi Palace, Qianlong got both. In former, Lu Bu Wei sacrafices Haolan for power and in the latter, Qianlong uses his power to protect Yingluo. 

If anyone watches Haolan, did you guys pinpoint any connection? Not sure if its a mere concidence or the producer/director intentionally includes it in the drama. 

- when Haolan tried to Suicide at the river, Lu Bu wei rescued her and told her she owes him too much money and if she dies, make sure in her next life, she has to be his slave to pay off her debt. We all know what happened in yanxi lol

- throughout the drama, lu bu wei has a slogan. He always says that hes a merchant, and so hes only cares about money and profit, not love. Sounds like someone familiar in yanxi anyone? LOL

- in Haolan, consort shu is the younger sister of Haolan and she stole Haolan’s fiancee. I guess now we know why Yingluo always steals Qianlong from her in Yanxi haha

- in Haolan, consort shu always trying to accuse  Lu Bu Wei and get him in trouble, I guess that makes sense why she was often ignored by Qianlong in Yanxi 

- Hongzhou is Haolans first love but he deceived her. Thus, he suffers from Yingluos wrath in Yanxi 

-bonus: Haolan slaps and hits Lu Bu Wei like theres no tomorrow LOL something we cant see in Yanxi 

is there anything else anyone noticed? 

Great comparison. My opinion...I love Yanxi so much more the Hao Lan. I am finding HL alittle serious and political. Yanxi was serious too but all the parts were captivating . Yanxi has a lot of humorous parts which made the drama so much more captivating and the music to depict the sad, humorous parts were done very well in Yanxi. I also found the chemist between YL and QL much better and NY’s role in Yanxi was a lot better. 

Anyhow  I am contemplating whether I want to continue watching HL (I am up to ep 16) ... I know Hao Lan and Li Bu Wei’s relationship may not end well ... hence I might stop watching. What do you guys suggest? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sharonfu18 said:

Great comparison. My opinion...I love Yanxi so much more the Hao Lan. I am finding HL alittle serious and political. Yanxi was serious too but all the parts were captivating . Yanxi has a lot of humorous parts which made the drama so much more captivating and the music to depict the sad, humorous parts were done very well in Yanxi. I also found the chemist between YL and QL much better and NY’s role in Yanxi was a lot better. 

Anyhow  I am contemplating whether I want to continue watching HL (I am up to ep 16) ... I know Hao Lan and Li Bu Wei’s relationship may not end well ... hence I might stop watching. What do you guys suggest? 

Im going to keep watching simply because i like the actors and this type of drama but yeah they will not have a good ending shes going to become dowager and he wont be involved with that.

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im going to keep watching simply because i like the actors and this type of drama but yeah they will not have a good ending shes going to become dowager and he wont be involved with that.

Maybe they might get back together after the king die? Where are you watching it on? I am stucked eps 16... no new uploads 

That’s what I heard too but they last minute delay the release last year and rumors were they had to reshoot due perhaps to the popularity of Yanxi? 

Btw did HL and LBW have an affair before and after her marriage to the king? 

The actor for the king is really not doing anything for me. I have read many people talked about how good he is but I really can’t see it. I am a HL and LBW shipper... more like YL and QL shipper hahaha

I remember reading somewhere that Lu Bu Wei and Haolan will get back together and return to the place that they first met after being exiled by Qin Huang Di. But not sure how accurate that summary is. I will probably continue watching so that I can find the easter eggs in legend of haolan and enjoy Nieyuan and Wu Jin Yan interaction that we were deprived in Yanxi lol. 

Also, saw the preview for ep 25, spotted Lu Bu Wei aggressively kiss haolan keke I die happy now. 

But I agree I like Qianlong’s persona a lot more Than Lu Bu Wei. But not going to judge the characters until I watch everything since I cant really define lu bu Wei and haolan personality as of now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChloeR said:

I remember reading somewhere that Lu Bu Wei and Haolan will get back together and return to the place that they first met after being exiled by Qin Huang Di. But not sure how accurate that summary is. I will probably continue watching so that I can find the easter eggs in legend of haolan and enjoy Nieyuan and Wu Jin Yan interaction that we were deprived in Yanxi lol. 

Also, saw the preview for ep 25, spotted Lu Bu Wei aggressively kiss haolan keke I die happy now. 

But I agree I like Qianlong’s persona a lot more Than Lu Bu Wei. But not going to judge the characters until I watch everything since I cant really define lu bu Wei and haolan personality as of now. 

omg that will be so great if HL and LBW reunit ... cause part of me is not wanting to commit to watching HL knowing they wont end up together. 

oh yes, I agree, a large part of the reason I watch HL is because there are way more intimacy between Nieyuan and Wu Jin Yan (there weren't many in Yanxi)

btw , l think it is great we have more interaction here in this forum group then the Hao Lan forum. 

the big question is.. who does Haolan love? and does she love the king?

Hey... This is so unfair. 

I was wondering why the Haolan thread was so quiet and here are you guys discussing Haolan at Yanxi thread? :angry:

Spoiler

Tbh, I still hardly move on from Yanxi and still struggling accepting those actors in their Haolan roles. I read that WJY was criticized by C-netz for bad acting? So, not sure how's the response on the drama so far. 

I caught only up to ep 16 and the one with English subs only available up to ep 2. So here I am, depending on my rusty mandarin. 

Rgdg Haolan and Lu Bu Wei.... They will get back together after Yingren died, though Idk how this will happen since he already betrayed her by gifting her to Yingren. But he will betray her again by giving Lao Ai to her. It's always power over love. But my gut feeling said... She loves Lu Bu Wei the most and i think the drama will go to this direction, capitalizing from the popularity of this Yanxi CP.

19 hours ago, ChloeR said:

I will probably continue watching so that I can find the easter eggs in legend of haolan and enjoy Nieyuan and Wu Jin Yan interaction that we were deprived in Yanxi lol. 

They do have great chemistry but probably the restrained in Yanxi made their chemistry sexier despite the lack of skinship or perhaps their characters? And I couldn't believe I am saying this... I miss the bald Nie Yuan. Hahaha

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Sorry I know this is wrong forum but the Hao Lan forum is soooo quiet and unresponsive 

OMG!!! She is pregnant with whose’s baby??? LBW or the other guy?????

I kind of suspect she is pregnant with Lu Bu Wei's child. She does not even love Yingren so far.  And tbh.... Yingren is such a boring character, I don't blame Haolan for not falling for him despite how kind he is to her. Every climactic moments coming from interactions between Haolan and Bu Wei and they make a good team too. 

I do want to discuss the drama but as I said, my mandarin is rusty and so I have to rewatch once English subs are out.