Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

Recommended Posts

Hey.. great news! I think encoretvb has uploaded the entire series with english sub :O

 

Spoiler

and for those YingluoxQianlong lovers, we can be transported back in time on Nov 15th to witness another lovestory btw the two ^_^ (official release date for Beauty HaoLan)

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChloeR said:

Hey.. great news! I think encoretvb has uploaded the entire series with english sub :O

 

  Reveal hidden contents

and for those YingluoxQianlong lovers, we can be transported back in time on Nov 15th to witness another lovestory btw the two ^_^ (official release date for Beauty HaoLan)

 

Lol. I just read the news update on Haolan via twitter this afternoon. Question is, will there be English sub? They released additional stills today, one featuring our QL (fully haired this time LOL) and YL running hand in hand, all smiles. Oh, my heart :wub:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not sure if viki is subbing it since dramafever closed down :/ well, hopefully someone picks it up. I know for a fact I can rely on vietnamese fans to sub it in viet LOL (if anything I can just help with the recap :sweatingbullets:)

 

yes, I saw that pic!!! Ugh our dream of seeing Qianlong and Yingluo being a normal happily married couple is finally being fulfilled in Beauty Haolan (well at least for the first few eps) Im so excited lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ChloeR said:

Hey.. great news! I think encoretvb has uploaded the entire series with english sub :O

 

  Reveal hidden contents

and for those YingluoxQianlong lovers, we can be transported back in time on Nov 15th to witness another lovestory btw the two ^_^ (official release date for Beauty HaoLan)

 

Thanks @ChloeR for the headsup!

I went to the website:https://www.encoretvb.com/english/videos/W6TT0DCc-Story_Of_Yanxi_Palace/K1Mbzhpj and tried to watch.

But received this error message: There was a problem providing access to protected content.(Error Code: 232403)

 

Did anyone try and it worked? I don't know if I should have done something but didn't. Need some advice. Thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, housetangaryen said:

Thanks @ChloeR for the headsup!

I went to the website:https://www.encoretvb.com/english/videos/W6TT0DCc-Story_Of_Yanxi_Palace/K1Mbzhpj and tried to watch.

But received this error message: There was a problem providing access to protected content.(Error Code: 232403)

 

Did anyone try and it worked? I don't know if I should have done something but didn't. Need some advice. Thanks!

 

Make sure you watch it on a PC cause it wont work on phone i believe. And turn off your adblocker so that the video can play. Hope this helps!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChloeR said:

 

Make sure you watch it on a PC cause it wont work on phone i believe. And turn off your adblocker so that the video can play. Hope this helps!  

Are these the full episodes? I heard that TVB condensed and cut out some of the original when they aired it (especially to focus on SE during the last 5 episodes). I also went on encoretvb last night and saw there were videos of only 20ish minutes? I'm not sure if I was looking at the wrong thing though.

 

EDIT: ooh, it looks like they break up the episodes into two parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i bought the dvd of Story of Yanxi Palace all episodes in Eng Sub...but one thing i dislike about the dvd are the themes (opening and ending), the production changed it to the cantonese songs. 

 

I prefer more on the original themes....hmmm i am not so happy and satisfied actually although the eng subs quite accurate and better than the one subs by viewers. :(

 

i bought Empresses In The Palace dvd back then and they kept all same without change it any part or the theme songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, harooxxx said:

i bought the dvd of Story of Yanxi Palace all episodes in Eng Sub...but one thing i dislike about the dvd are the themes (opening and ending), the production changed it to the cantonese songs. 

 

I prefer more on the original themes....hmmm i am not so happy and satisfied actually although the eng subs quite accurate and better than the one subs by viewers. :(

 

i bought Empresses In The Palace dvd back then and they kept all same without change it any part or the theme songs.

Guess Yanxi DVD was produced in a rush since they tried to capitalize on its current red hot status. 

 

When I watched it airing on our cable TV, they also used the cantonese song for both intro and ending theme. 

 

Anyway, enjoy watching :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.facebook.com/DramaHaoLanTruyen/videos/2215332398726519/

 

This is the newest clip about Beauty Haolan and the returning casts from Yanxi Palace

Its so funny LOL

 

- Mingyu died from needles in Yanxi, and in Haolan, shes a "needle expert" 

- Yuan Chun Wang wanted to be a royal his entire life in Yanxi, and in Haolan, he's a king

- Gao Guifei desired to be an empress her whole life in Yanxi, and in Haolan, shes an empress and the most favored at that (Yuan Chun Wang's wife)

- Li Yu has to endured Qianlong's temper tantrums in Yanxi,  and in Haolan, its the reverse

- Im not sure how the lovestory btw Qianlong (Lu Bu Wei) and Yingluo (Haolan) going to played out but its seem like a playful one. We see a jealous and aggressive Yingluo in the clip :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, harooxxx said:

i bought the dvd of Story of Yanxi Palace all episodes in Eng Sub...but one thing i dislike about the dvd are the themes (opening and ending), the production changed it to the cantonese songs. 

 

I prefer more on the original themes....hmmm i am not so happy and satisfied actually although the eng subs quite accurate and better than the one subs by viewers. :(

 

i bought Empresses In The Palace dvd back then and they kept all same without change it any part or the theme songs.

I think they might have used the TVB airing version for that DVD because I'm watching it on encoretvb right now and of course TVB has cantonese opening and ending. The subs are good, but I'm sad they've cut out some scenes :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 2:15 AM, lyserose said:

Speaking of Er Qing, I am still dissatisfied that until the end, there was no clarification whether YL knew or not that the supposed "night spent" with QL was schemed by Er Qing and QL was trapped. This is the redundant part of the plot. When she argued with QL, YL even referred to Er Qing as QL's lover when in fact, there was never any love affair between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Halloo soompis, i am up to ep 26 with eng subs... ,.. Up until this episode i though of Er Qing as a beautiful and gentle maid to the Empress.....but check her out...the little b...h spills tea on the QL and then brazenly walks in to help him change his clothes. Very proud of QL for refusing the offer and asking for YL.   I think QL got quite shaken and stirred since Fuheng announced his bridal choice and his fuse :tounge_xd: is seething with anger ...and yet he feels quite comfortable to assign YL , low status and poor slave to dress him up .  If the real  Imperial Consort was even a little bit as YL portrayed in this drama , i can see why he would have her right next to him even in the next life time. ...Talking about next life time...the above comments mention some new drama?? is YL in it protecting Fuheng in that lifetime LOL  or still sparring with QL ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sidetrack abit. The upcoming Haolan Zhuan debuts on 15 nov. Quite funny...some chars from Yanxi got role reversed in Haolan. Eg "Mingyu" who suffered from needles in her body now became a physician who poked needles into others. "Yuan Chunwang" became a king. "Consort Gao" his queen. "Li Yu" became a minister where "Qianlong" had to bow to him. 

Near the end of clip.."Qianlong" and "Yingluo" kissed again after Yanxi. No "Fuheng" in this drama.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

Same style of kiss LOL Yingluo always be making the first move xD

I spotted a total of 3 kisses already hehe :phew:

 

Edited: I fixed the links to the images, hope you all could view it! :D @lyserose

 

I am quite annoyed with how Yanxi Palace deprived us of QianlongxYingluo kiss scenes and intimate interactions, but I guess Yuzheng compensated it with Beauty Haolan LOL Can't wait to see our bickering couple back onscreen :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChloeR and @Cedric Ong Thanks for the update.

 

I certainly love to watch Qianlong and Yingluo in whatever era. 

 

Watched the latest Eng sub trailer which youtube removed shortly after... The weird thing is why do they dubbed YL in Hoalan using Er Qing's voice in Yanxi? It sounds weird. And I barely recognized YCW. 

 

3 hours ago, jadore1 said:

 

Halloo soompis, i am up to ep 26 with eng subs... ,.. Up until this episode i though of Er Qing as a beautiful and gentle maid to the Empress.....but check her out...the little b...h spills tea on the QL and then brazenly walks in to help him change his clothes. Very proud of QL for refusing the offer and asking for YL.   I think QL got quite shaken and stirred since Fuheng announced his bridal choice and his fuse :tounge_xd: is seething with anger ...and yet he feels quite comfortable to assign YL , low status and poor slave to dress him up .  If the real  Imperial Consort was even a little bit as YL portrayed in this drama , i can see why he would have her right next to him even in the next life time. ...Talking about next life time...the above comments mention some new drama?? is YL in it protecting Fuheng in that lifetime LOL  or still sparring with QL ?

 

If you are referring to Haolan, the latest upcoming drama featuring YL and QL, no, there won't be Fuheng. Maybe there are sparing Fuheng for another love triangle showdown perhaps in modern era (since YL and QL travelled back to 1000 years in Haolan). LOL. 

 

@ChloeR All the links you posted, I sadly cannot view. Any idea why? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@lyserose @believed  i was told from the worker at the shop that TVB bought worldwide copyright for Yanxi Palace which means all the dvd will be produce worldwide using TVB version not the actual mandarin version.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On EncoreTVB the summary for Yanxi is:

 

Quote

In the 6th year of the reign of EMPEROR QIANLONG (Nie Yuan), to find the truth of her elder sister’s death, young lady WEI YINGLUO (Wu Jin Yan) becomes a lady-in-waiting in the Forbidden City. Through investigation, it’s confirmed that her sister’s death is connected to ridiculous PRINCE HONGZHOU (Hong Yao), so she vows to seek justice. EMPRESS FUCA (Qin Lan) is a respected and virtuous person. Not wanting YINGLUO to take the wrong path in life, she spares no effort in showing her warmth and support. With her guidance, YINGLUO continues to grow and become strong and righteous, and even sets aside her hatred to really start living. Unfortunately, the death of the Empress causes YINGLUO to misunderstand QIANLONG. The initial hostility between them eventually transforms into mutual understanding and support. Courageous, quick-witted and broad-minded, YINGLUO manages to solve many problems, and is thus promoted to NOBLE CONSORT LING, assisting QIANLONG in his reign of the empire’s golden age. Before her death, YINGLUO tells QIANLONG about the late EMPRESS FUCA’s last wish, which was for YINGLUO to stay beside him and help him become a capable ruler. QIANLONG finally realizes FUCA’s good intentions. In the 60th year of QIANLONG’s reign, WEI YINGLUO’s son PRINCE JIAQING YONGYAN is installed as the Crown Prince, whose birth mother ROYAL NOBLE CONSORT LINGYI is posthumously honored as EMPRESS XIAOYI. Eventually, YINGLUO has dedicated her whole life to fulfilling her promise to EMPRESS FUCA.

 

For those who have read the book, does it extend beyond what we see in the show or have they produced this summary from historical facts? (Or, less likely, but still what-if! Were there scenes past the ones we got to see in 70?)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the above is partly made up by whoever wrote the summary....since it sounds so much more touching. 

The 2nd half of the above is different from what we saw in the drama, the novel or history. I won't elaborate further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@believed yeah someone definitely made up that summary. According to the novel, Yingluo is still alive both in her lovestory arc  and her daughter lovestory arc. Secondly, the ending for qianlong and yingluo that never made it on film is when after the ending we see on the drama, we see qianlong telling yingluo to come and look at the blooming gardenias with him. Yingluo who was too obsessed with her imperial noble consort ceremonial dress, ignores qianlong and keeps looking at herself. Qianlong in the end has to come to her, “whats so pretty about yourself, look at the gardenias instead!” Yingluo looks at him annoyed then asks, “am i pretty or the gardenias?” Qianlong answers the gardenias LOL Seeing her angry,  he tells her with a serious expression, “This time, next year, I will watch the gardenias bloom with you.” Yingluo asks him, “how about the next?” Qianlong then responds, “this lifetime, I will spend it watching the gardenias bloom with you.” 

 

The end ~ 

 

Qianlong’s  promise parallels with Yingluo’s promise on how she will use her entire lifetime to answer him. Basically, theyre telling each other that they promise to be together for this entire lifetime, which I think its very sweet :) 

 

P.S: The summary above really doesnt make sense because Empress Fuca would never want Yingluo to suffer the same fate as her by marrying the emperor and being caged inside the forbidden city forever. Second, Yingluo didnt return in time to see Empress Fuca before her death so theres no way Empress Fuca couldve told her those things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ChloeR said:

@believed yeah someone definitely made up that summary. According to the novel, Yingluo is still alive both in her lovestory arc  and her daughter lovestory arc. Secondly, the ending for qianlong and yingluo that never made it on film is when after the ending we see on the drama, we see qianlong telling yingluo to come and look at the blooming gardenias with him. Yingluo who was too obsessed with her imperial noble consort ceremonial dress, ignores qianlong and keeps looking at herself. Qianlong in the end has to come to her, “whats so pretty about yourself, look at the gardenias instead!” Yingluo looks at him annoyed then asks, “am i pretty or the gardenias?” Qianlong answers the gardenias LOL Seeing her angry,  he tells her with a serious expression, “This time, next year, I will watch the gardenias bloom with you.” Yingluo asks him, “how about the next?” Qianlong then responds, “this lifetime, I will spend it watching the gardenias bloom with you.” 

 

The end ~ 

 

P.S: The summary above really doesnt make sense because Empress Fuca would never want Yingluo to suffer the same fate as her by marrying the emperor and being caged inside the forbidden city forever. Second, Yingluo didnt return in time to see Empress Fuca before her death so theres no way Empress Fuca couldve told her those things. 

It's so weird because I keep seeing a variation of it in other places, but I was like wow, are we missing something here?

 

But I LOVE that scene you just described!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...