Quantcast
Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略


Recommended Posts

Hi! I'm new here but I've been reading this thread to keep up to date (and have really enjoyed the discussion about who Yingluo loves more). I've just finished the episodes, but since there have been no subs, I haven't been clear on every single word. I wanted to ask about the episode

Spoiler

where Consort Shun's real motives are revealed. Can someone translate/recap what exactly she wanted to do to the Emperor/Fuheng/Yingluo? And how the rest of them figured it out and began to doubt her?

Thank you so much and I really hope there are subs soon!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@ChloeR I agree with your viewpoint. Your views are well said      Personally I am on the emperor ship. I think it’s quite unfair to compare the love that Ying Luo have with the king and the

I also think that while Fuheng has his knight-in-shining armour identity by doing the secret sweet stuff for WYL eg replacing her heater, making sure she is okay and generally watching over her etc, s

Nicely put. Didn't realise this but yes it is that rare drama where the emperor had to work really hard to win his concubine's heart. That's what this drama special too. Nie Yuan sold QL the way that

On 9/21/2018 at 9:40 AM, ChloeR said:

@lyserose I watched it with vietsubs so i might have missed out on the dialogue but I assumed the Empress Dowager didnt want to see/forgive the emperor as of yet. At that time, Yingluo was with the empress dowager at the Yuanming garden? Thus, Qianlong and Yingluo ended up not seeing each other for 3 years? 

 

The Dowager was helping Yingluo to make the Emperor miss her as he wouldnt be able to see or hear him. But at that part i was slightly confused, as to why she did that, and seeing the Dowager has quite a large group with her on her journey to Yuanming garden, i wonder why she need to feign sick to escape from Xian Fei in the first place...and since Xian Fei is so daring to try poison her in the Dowager's house, why she didnt try to send assassins to Yuanming, then after that Xian Fei seems to completely stop tryin to kill the Dowager...kinda strange or maybe i missed something? 

 

2 hours ago, believed said:

Hi! I'm new here but I've been reading this thread to keep up to date (and have really enjoyed the discussion about who Yingluo loves more). I've just finished the episodes, but since there have been no subs, I haven't been clear on every single word. I wanted to ask about the episode

  Reveal hidden contents

where Consort Shun's real motives are revealed. Can someone translate/recap what exactly she wanted to do to the Emperor/Fuheng/Yingluo? And how the rest of them figured it out and began to doubt her?

Thank you so much and I really hope there are subs soon!!

 

Shun Fei was send to Qianlong as a gift of peace from a neighboring country, after they lost a war, against her own will and her family was broken up, she wanted to take revenge on Qianlong and make him suffer same way by helping Yingluo to elope with Fuheng(Shun Fei knew Qianlong is very fond of her), but her plan backfired spectacularly:D Because Qianlong already knew Shun Fei was married with children, but he play along to see if Yingluo would really elope with Fuheng, to test her love to Qianlong, so he was happy both of them did not

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, brutalix said:

The Dowager was helping Yingluo to make the Emperor miss her as he wouldnt be able to see or hear him. But at that part i was slightly confused, as to why she did that, and seeing the Dowager has quite a large group with her on her journey to Yuanming garden, i wonder why she need to feign sick to escape from Xian Fei in the first place...and since Xian Fei is so daring to try poison her in the Dowager's house, why she didnt try to send assassins to Yuanming, then after that Xian Fei seems to completely stop tryin to kill the Dowager...kinda strange or maybe i missed something? 

Yes, this part is slightly confusing. As to why Dowager was helping Yingluo to get the Emperor to miss her, I think it has to do with the Dowager planning to elevate Yingluo status to compete with Empress Xian. In episode 53, the Dowager was unhappy with Empress Xian and purposely propose for Yingluo to use the silver spatula (instead of a copper spatula which befits her rank as simply a "fei" instead of "gui fei"). Empress Xian knew that the Dowager planned to pitch Yingluo against her since Yingluo was the highest rank consort and the Emperor's favourite at that time, thus the only one managed to pose a threat to Empress Xian.

 

6 hours ago, brutalix said:

Shun Fei was send to Qianlong as a gift of peace from a neighboring country, after they lost a war, against her own will and her family was broken up, she wanted to take revenge on Qianlong and make him suffer same way by helping Yingluo to elope with Fuheng(Shun Fei knew Qianlong is very fond of her), but her plan backfired spectacularly:D Because Qianlong already knew Shun Fei was married with children, but he play along to see if Yingluo would really elope with Fuheng, to test her love to Qianlong, so he was happy both of them did not

Tbh, I am not exactly satisfied with the reunion between Yingluo and Qianlong. I know Yingluo won't verbalize her feelings (as she said, the first one to confess love is the loser, and she does not want to become a loser) but being out of Qianlong's favour, she received harsh treatment in the palace (though not by QL himself). The fact that Qianlong can brain that her refusal to elope and willingness to carry his baby is the testament of her love for him is rather too easy. This action of Yingluo could easily be misinterpreted as her learning lesson the hardest way that life even as a concubine is not easy once the woman is not favored by the Emperor. So, getting into Qianlong's good grace is definitely a mean to escape that hell of a life. While I do feel sad for the suffering that Yingluo endured during that phase, I do feel that it was fair that she had to finally fight for Qianlong especially watching the degree of hurt she caused him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, brutalix said:
Spoiler

Shun Fei was send to Qianlong as a gift of peace from a neighboring country, after they lost a war, against her own will and her family was broken up, she wanted to take revenge on Qianlong and make him suffer same way by helping Yingluo to elope with Fuheng(Shun Fei knew Qianlong is very fond of her), but her plan backfired spectacularly:D Because Qianlong already knew Shun Fei was married with children, but he play along to see if Yingluo would really elope with Fuheng, to test her love to Qianlong, so he was happy both of them did not

 

Oooh, thank you! That makes a lot more sense than the pieces I was getting!!

 

7 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Tbh, I am not exactly satisfied with the reunion between Yingluo and Qianlong. I know Yingluo won't verbalize her feelings (as she said, the first one to confess love is the loser, and she does not want to become a loser)

I kind of like that there are different little scenes that you can pick up on and use to track Yingluo's feelings towards him though. (I agree with the rest of your point, I just wanted to address this section)

Edited by believed
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The part on Shun consort or Cheng Bi. What i understand she wasn't the daughter of the lord (from some tribal land at border of China)...but a great beauty who was used by men (either as gift or prositution)...and she got a young son by an unknown guy. That lord adopted her and sent her to Qianlong as a gift. Probably threatened her with her son. But on the night she left, her son also run away and fell to his death in a hunter's trap for animals. One following maid told her this. So she tried to commit suicide by jumping off cliff. Fuheng happened to save her. 

 

Most of these are filmed but are cut bcos the china govt doesn't want to showcase the tribal group, most probably from tibet or xinjiang. So any scene with her in tribal costume are cut.

 

So ultimately her hatred are towards that lord (and family), Fuheng (who prevented her from joining her son by death) and Qianlong (bcos of the war, leads to the lord's action which leads to her separation from her son). Yingluo just happen to be innocent casualty only.

 

That is why she didnt assasinate Qianlong right from the start. She wanted to frame Fuheng, then caused pain to Qianlong with the betrayal of his most favored guard and favourite woman...then finally probably she would reveal her deeds or do  some big wrong thing to drag in her "family". 

 

Thus she "desperately" tried to stab Qianlong when her plot was revealed...she won't expect a hairpin to kill him...just that now at least the only people she could destroy is that "family".

 

How Qianlong suspect her? I think Qianlong sort of get the feeling she isnt the nice person she appear to be...when 1st she didnt immediately reveal Yingluo helped her dot her lips to escape Dowager empress's wrath. And later tried to portray Yingluo as a rushed, jealous woman who tried to hurt her...and constantly saying things that hint at something else. Qianlong is quite sensitive at such things and wont fall for it easily. And Qianlong know Yingluo isnt this type.

 

Like his brother Hongzou said...super-calm Qianlong wont show any suspicion on his face at all...but play along with u....then quietly check on u...and set trap for u.

 

Not sure if other details he pick up on Shun consort...currently cant remember more.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The part btw Dowager empress and Xian consort/Step empresss....is quite complicated. The feud btw them rose from Xian consort's father being secretly poisoned by the Dowager....for a less noble reason that he had to die or else if they continue to check on the aids towards the commoners, they would find royalty members involved in actual corruption.

 

Xian consort couldnt pull down the Dowager herself. She need Qianlong to hate the dowager. But once Qianlong started to believe in the Dowager again after one old minister testified, she couldnt do anything..or wont dare to do more...without risking her own position or life.

 

The "poison" part earlier is not poison...Xian consort merely got the physician not to properly treat the Dowager and only give non-effective medicine.

 

The Dowager was clever to feign illness. It stalled for time. And moving  to Yuan Ming garden is even more clever. Qianlong now knew he wasnt her biological son but believed her not being involved in his biological mother's death. But things would still feel awkward btw them. Moving away would give them some time...and also Qianlong's guilt will grow with this act.

 

Similiarly she got Yingluo to separate from Qianlong...also to prey on the separation will make his heart pine for her. One would only know how his heart is when either he is jealous/angry....or thinking of someone. 

 

Yingluo had been using this push and pull method few times herself...but the Yuan Ming garden is the longest period she used this method...of course the letters and gifts btw them are crucial to maintain this longing. 

 

I am slightly puzzled why the dowager "forgive" xian consort after that...esp how Xian consort had attempted to destroy her last time. My guess is the dowager has no for-sure way to pull her down...the best way will be to counter-balance her with Yingluo. To her...perhaps there is no personal grudge (except when yingluo deceived her about her late daughter)...the balance in the palace is more important.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"super-calm" Qianlong will only show his emotions when it comes to Yingluo LOL

 

oh how I wish they would show more parts of Yingluo being pregnant and how much Qianlong pampers her during this period :/

Heard the show was supposed to be 94 instead of 70 episodes. No wonder ep 65 and onward felt so rushed. 

 

After Consort Shun incident, it seems as if all the women in the harem admitted defeat. Everyone got along and there was peace. The fall of empress Xian is not as grand as I wouldve hoped seeing how she was supposed to be the most cunning and manipulative out of all the concubines in the beginning. Yingluo was like a default winner after the 10 yr skip lol. 

 

ALSO, I wish they would stick to the novel during Consort Shun's assassination. When she saw Consort Shun pulling out her hairpin to try to assassinate Qianlong, Yingluo ran to his side and try to shield him. I feel like this scene shouldve been included just to show the extent of Yingluo's love for Qianlong. 

 

I am currently watching Ruyi and lol I am glad Yanxi's Qianlong is more chilled with his sleeping-arrangements haha 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChloeR said:

ALSO, I wish they would stick to the novel during Consort Shun's assassination. When she saw Consort Shun pulling out her hairpin to try to assassinate Qianlong, Yingluo ran to his side and try to shield him. I feel like this scene shouldve been included just to show the extent of Yingluo's love for Qianlong. 

 

I am currently watching Ruyi and lol I am glad Yanxi's Qianlong is more chilled with his sleeping-arrangements haha 

Just a quick question....where did you read the novel? Is it in English?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ChloeR said:

oh how I wish they would show more parts of Yingluo being pregnant and how much Qianlong pampers her during this period :/

Heard the show was supposed to be 94 instead of 70 episodes. No wonder ep 65 and onward felt so rushed. 

I would've gladly watched 24 more episodes if we got to see those things!! I loved getting a glimpse into how settled they were with each other, even when they bickered. You could tell that they really understood and loved each other by then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jadore1 said:

WOOO HOOO ....i am up to ep 7 in subs ...hey , thats happiness :love:

Which website got ep7 subbed? Can share here?

 

**********

 

Btw came across this. I know it is in chinese but the screenshots in sequence are good. It is about ep 19 where Yingluo applied medicine on his body due to "rashes" (i use this term bcos i dont know what skin disease). The article said that is when Fuca started to suspect something. When Fuca 1st came in, she noticed Qianlong was staring at Yingluo. After Yingluo left, Fuca kept glancing to the door. Later she started to "test" Qianlong after asking why Qianlong dislike Yingluo etc. Notice how Qianlong didnt say much...not like usual...instead the focus goes to how his fingers keep rubbing the pillow. The script used Fuca to explain that Qianlong acted as a kid when sick....but the writer think Qianlong look lost in thoughts and he was actually imitating Yingluo's fingers....esp Yingluo earlier on told him her fingers are softer b'cos as a weaver, they often touch silk and good quality cloth.

 

https://m.douban.com/group/topic/124778256/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

Btw came across this. I know it is in chinese but the screenshots in sequence are good. It is about ep 19 where Yingluo applied medicine on his body due to "rashes" (i use this term bcos i dont know what skin disease). The article said that is when Fuca started to suspect something. When Fuca 1st came in, she noticed Qianlong was staring at Yingluo. After Yingluo left, Fuca kept glancing to the door. Later she started to "test" Qianlong after asking why Qianlong dislike Yingluo etc. Notice how Qianlong didnt say much...not like usual...instead the focus goes to how his fingers keep rubbing the pillow. The script used Fuca to explain that Qianlong acted as a kid when sick....but the writer think Qianlong look lost in thoughts and he was actually imitating Yingluo's fingers....esp Yingluo earlier on told him her fingers are softer b'cos as a weaver, they often touch silk and good quality cloth.

Qianlong is the cutest when he scratched the pillow. Also when he first laid down on the bed and wriggling his back on the mattress to fight that itchiness. Fuca was right, he behaved like a kid.

 

When I first watched that scene, I thought he was scratching the pillow to counter his tendency to scratch his own back (since Fuca didn't allow him to do so). But then, that scratching moment was accompanied with him having flashbacks on Yingluo and how heavily he was affected by her first touch. Now that explanation made sense. Thanks.

 

One of the things that still confused me...

1) In Episode 53, when Yingluo received the fur from the Emperor, why did Yun Chun Wang asked Yingluo if she regretted her action?

2) In Episode 54 during the confrontation scene between Yingluo and Qianlong, while I understand her honesty to confess all those right guesses from Qianlong, why did she admit that she wants to distance herself from him since she had accomplished her mission (avenging Fuca's death)? Was she really intending to distance herself from Qianlong and was that the "regret" that Yun Chun Wang referred to?

3) I don't know if I missed out anything, but the fact that Er Qing manipulated the sleeping arrangement with Qianlong was never made known to Yingluo, right? Except for Fuheng who knew of Er Qing's framing of the Emperor, Yingluo still believe that Qianlong cheated on Fuca with her sister-in-law?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ooh I didnt even notice the significance of that part :O wow, maybe that was when Qianlong started to take a liking in Yingluo.

 

I dont know if this helps clearing up some confusion for you

 

1) I think Yun Chun Wang asks that because he wants to know if Yingluo regrets taking the birth control medicine without Qianlong's knowledge because Qianlong has been treating her extremely well. He pampers and gives everything that is good to her first. At that time, only Yun Chun Wang and the doctor know that Yingluo has been taking the medicine monthly. This news will definitely break Qianlong's heart, thus Yun Chun Wang wants to know if Yingluo regrets taking the medicine because once Qianlong knows about it, he will be very hurt. In response, Yingluo said what is there to be regretful about. Then, Yun Chun Wang replied saying that Yingluo has a cold heart (treating the man who treats her so well like a fool). 

 

2) I think in the novel, before Er Qing dies, she told Yingluo that she's not the only one who betrayed Empress Fuca, Yingluo did too. In before, when Fuca Empress asked Yingluo if she wants to become Qianlong's concubine, Yingluo replied saying that would be considered as a betrayal and she would never do that to the Empress. However, things happened, and Yingluo became Qianlong's concubine to take revenge. Er Qing's reminder induced a sense of guilt from Yingluo. Thus, once Chun Consort and Er Qing got their punishment, Yingluo believes that if she continues to be lovey dovey with Qianlong, she is just like the other two betraying the Empress. I guess that is why she wants to distant herself from Qianlong because she no longer can use the "revenge" excuse to be near him. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChloeR Thank you so much.

 

1) I was certainly confused by that scene. I thought the "regret" he referred to was Yingluo regretting her revenge plan and action by making use of Qianlong and treating him like a fool (in return of his favour towards her). I totally forgot about the birth control medicine.

 

2) Gosh.... They should have included that details from the novel. At least, we get some better understanding on why Yingluo wanted to distance herself from him. Apart from her reason of being traumatized by child-delivery especially by her own mother's death when giving birth to her, I really could not comprehend why Yingluo still taking the birth control medicine even after she had accomplished her revenge mission. At that point (when Yun Chun Wang asked her on why she is still consuming it), she had not known about Qianlong's one night with Er Qing, which would reasonably made her feel disgusted of him.

I really feel sad for Qianlong in that scene. Because even when she confirmed all his guesses, he was still holding on to that "one last hope" when he asked her about why she gifted him the fur hat and yet she crushed him.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question!

 

When Consort Shun and Ying Luo were talking in 64 and CS was confronting her about how YL planned everything all along, I think she brought up when she walked in the rain to go see Qianlong, something about how she could've told him her suspicions once she knew but she didn't (I don't recall if this was actually what she said or if I completely misunderstood it) -- can someone explain what Yingluo's plan was?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...