[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

Ugh I would love to see what happened in the ten years of peace. We deserved some proper fluffy moments between Ying Luo and the Emperor without any deception and misunderstanding. I wanted to see how their relationship grew from being on shaky ground to rock solid. I can't just watch episode 43 - 52 over and over again. 

• 3 months later...

I just finished watching this series. The only thing I noticed tho was Fu Heng’s appearance. Although he was supposed to be the 2nd male lead and rival in love, he didn’t really have many scenes in the latter part of the series. They mostly mention his name and things he did but he rarely appeared, even during his last scene - they didn’t really showed him but just a blurry back (who may have been his double or stunt man).  
I wonder what happened? Was there a problem with the actor?

• 3 weeks later...

I just started this drama, and OMG Noble Consort is a real RickRoll'D!!! I hate RickRoll'D like her, they're so conniving and manipulating. I cannot wait to see how Yingluo is going to take her down.

I'm only on EP 10, and I'm liking the interactions between FuHeng and YL^^, I'm having 2nd  lead bias^^. I like XuKai, so I'm already so sad that he doesn't end up with YL :(.  Well, I'm also gonna keep an open mind, the King might change my mind :).

So far, so sad YL's good friend from the clothing shop got killed unjustly!!!! I'm also curious how her sis died, and why??? I'm sure FuHeng has something to do with it, but not in the way YL thinks so. YL is witty, smart and kind. I'm liking her personality. The Empress actress is pretty, and she has a kind heart^^. I'm also liking Consort Xian too!!!! 

can someone explain to me what is golden-pupil eye?? The prince has it, and now he's being killed for being born with it?? Dang noble consort is so evil, she's gonna bury the newborn alive!!! What the heck!!!!

I'm on EP 45 now, and wow there were so much heartbreak and bittersweet moments along the way. 

Empress and YL: I really adored their sisterhood friendship towards each other. They love and cares about each other. Empress sees herself in the blunt and willfulness personality of YL. It's so sad how she died, such a sad scene. Empress is really kind and benevolent. Such a heavy heart when she died :(. She is finally free from all her struggles and pain.

YingLuo and FuHeng: Sigh, their love was so bittersweet. FH was clear with his intention towards YL, but YL's vengeance and revenge was too great. FH thought the only way to save YL is to married. So sad that FH is the one that gave up on YL, gave up on their love first. If FH didn't give up first, I think they would have ended up together. Also, FH's ambitious to rise up the rank is another factor that he lost YL. Both YL and FH have their own goals, and in the end, they couldn't be together. They have to lost to have it all.

ErQing: She was so nice, but her true colors come out. You can never force a man to love you, when he doesn't want to. She meets her dead end. Never become a woman like Erqing. You will never end up happy. You can have the man's body, status, but never obtain his heart. Such a disgusting woman Erqing is. And yeah, the child is not FH, so why would he love and pay attention to him. I think FH could have learn and change to love EQ, if she could have give him and time and waited. But EQ is too nasty and selfish. I don't feel sorry about her in terms of how FH treats her at all. She brings herself her own downfall.

Talk about bittersweet, when FH tears falls down seeing YL again sitting in her sedan chair. That was such a sad moment to see; he still loves her. She was his first love, and because of their fate and circumstance; they couldn't be together.

Xu Kai exhibits his emotions in this drama so well :)!!!!    

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 11:01 PM, TMC5566 said:

I just finished watching this series. The only thing I noticed tho was Fu Heng’s appearance. Although he was supposed to be the 2nd male lead and rival in love, he didn’t really have many scenes in the latter part of the series. They mostly mention his name and things he did but he rarely appeared, even during his last scene - they didn’t really showed him but just a blurry back (who may have been his double or stunt man).  
I wonder what happened? Was there a problem with the actor?

Not aware of any. Probably they wanted to focus on the development of OTP relationship and the build up to the final climax. By the time Yl becomes a consort, it is quite obvious that things can never be more between her and Fuheng.

This was truly a good drama. I don't really like palace plot and long episodes; but this one was good. The most hated character for me is ErQing; her ending was satisfied for her selfish ways. 

I'm team FuFeng and YingLuo^^. I didn't feel the chemistry from her and the King. Her love towards FH is genuine and sweet. He was her first love, but with the King; I feel like her love for him is duty love---Like she must loves him because he is her husband. I feel like WYL has always holds FH dear deep inside her heart; her love for him is something that she can never forget; like a yearning kind of love that no one can replaced, not even the King. Even when FH passed away and his friend came to tell her about his death; you can tell she loves him so dearly. Her expressions and body language shows that she never let go of her love for him, even though she marries the King. She has always kept him inside her heart. The same for FH too, he cherishes her and loves her; even when he's on his last breathe----She was the last thing on his mind. Their love was so pure, sweet and good; but the King's selfish desired kept them apart. In other words, they would each other's great love of their life. The Snow falling song always played when they're onscreen, so bittersweet. I wish we could have a different ending, where Y: died from her poison and reunited with FH in the afterlife. That  would have been better, because then  they're finally together and at peace with each other. That would be their happy ending. Sigh, such bittersweet love; so sad......so sad.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Fu Heng team is here.

I just finished watching episode 60 and decided to see what happened next in the real historical story to adjust expectation. Initially I thought WYL was a fictional character like Xiao Yanzi in My Fair Princess. Since the real FH married only one woman he truly loved, while the real Wei lady became Consort Ling for good, there never existed a love relationship between them. So I know they won't ended up together even in the historical drama with many fictionalization. Even so, there was a time when I thought that she came back to the Forbidden City because she got jealous by the way FH described Chenbi, not really because of how Qianlong favored her. If there is a feeling for him, it came way later.        

In the series, I did not find the Emperor to be impressive, rather selfish by separating them early (but he is always portrayed as selfish when it comes to women, correct?). FH on the other hand made one mistake but too fatal. As WYL entered the palace, it is clear that the rest of the story is between the king and her so it was not really interesting anymore compared to the time when the late empress was still alive. It was even less interesting when Imperial Concubine Shun suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I feel like they need additional player so that the series could extend smoothly but it did not work well for me.

Since I stopped watching without reaching the last episode (at least by now), it won't be as the same level as the top rated ones in my personal view, notably My Fair Princess or for the recent one like The Legend of Yunxi. It is still really good, though, because it could made me binge watching up to 60 episodes. That's a lot.

On Consort Ling, she was portrayed as deeply loved by Qianlong because she climbed up to the top from the very bottom either in the drama and in the reality. She could be a real schemer :D.

Lastly, it was a sad ending for FH - for which I knew it from reading your comments. But he is a gentleman by heart that's why I am always with him. I am not that heartbroken actually as the real FH was doing fine although he died before getting too old. It was different compared to my bad mood after finding that the real Yongqi died in a young age. Such a great loss of talent. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/15/2020 at 5:45 PM, GiaGia said:

can someone explain to me what is golden-pupil eye?? The prince has it, and now he's being killed for being born with it?? Dang noble consort is so evil, she's gonna bury the newborn alive!!! What the heck!!!!

I think it's a icteric/jaundice. This condition often occurs in newborns. Mostly are physiologic. In some condition, it may looks terrifying ....because the white part of the eyes are yellow.  

• 1 year later...
On 9/23/2018 at 9:39 PM, lyserose said:

Just want to share this. Not disrespecting that Nie Yuan is already married but they have a sweet off-screen rapport together. See how he kept helping holding her skirt. Much like how the Emperor dotes on Yingluo so much.

Who is the actress on the right? She’s the only one that didn’t say a word. I recognize QuanLong, YingLuo and Hei LanCha. 

Edited by TTan