[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

Yup yup. I really like Qianlong in this drama compared to Ruyi. 

If you notice, whenever his other concubines do something wrong, he would never want to hear their explanation. However with Yingluo, he got mad because she wouldnt give him an explanation. 

Also, in the first few eps when consort shu was singing in the imperial garden at midnight in attempt to seduce Qianlong. Instead, he punished her. Lol and he even said something along the line that she thinks that He will tolerate such unruly behavior. Little did we know, he has such a high tolerance for unruly behaviors from our Yingluo haha

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

Hello, I wonder how is this drama? is there any love between both the emperor and the female lead? and not just the emperor. i read that she liked someone else. I avoided Ruyi like a pest because how the emperor was in that drama.

I highly recommend for you to watch tjis drama. I start with 1st episode and binge-watching until 42 episodes in two days. I became a zombie on the 3rd day due to lack of sleep. Hahaha.

Spoiler

Yes. There is love between Emperor and FL and they end up together. But before that, the FL did fall in love with second male lead. And don't worry, the Emperor is not that down right jerk and only knows how to spread his seed like in Ruyi. The Emperor in Yanxi is likable.

• Like 4

@kyoko22 

Spoiler

That's good. I usually have problem with watching these historical drama revolving aroundthe harem cause either the emperor ends up betraying/dissappointing the female lead too much or the female enter the harem only for status/revenge. I like revenge drama but in the end all that is left for the female is coldness.

• Like 1

Qin Lan performing "The Sound of Falling Snow" 雪落下的声音 at the Hunan TV NY concert https://www.weibo.com/1878335471/H9OZE5YeU?refer_flag=1001030103_

Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan + Fei Yuqing performing "The Sound of Falling Snow" 雪落下的声音 at the Dongfang TV NY concert https://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rqpepc1k.html (they come in around 2 minutes)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, believed said:

Qin Lan performing "The Sound of Falling Snow" 雪落下的声音 at the Hunan TV NY concert https://www.weibo.com/1878335471/H9OZE5YeU?refer_flag=1001030103_

Nie Yuan and Wu Jinyan + Fei Yuqing performing "The Sound of Falling Snow" 雪落下的声音 at the Dongfang TV NY concert https://www.iqiyi.com/v_19rqpepc1k.html (they come in around 2 minutes)

Thanks

I was hunting for that video of NY x WJY covering that song though they only sang a bit only. 

I saw some posting on twitter of Xu Kai and NY did some musical and WJY joined them later, being the dance partner of NY :wub:

Because I am a QL x YL shipper, so I have my attention only on this CP. 

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone. Now waiting patiently for Kim Nam Gil's new drama and Haolan :)

• Like 1

@lyserose I found the link on youtube! Hehe same I love to see interaction btw WYL and QL too 

They performed the musical and the sound of snow falling together. And then Nieyuan, Wu jin yan, Xukai, and Charmaine performed a melody together. We’re missing our empress fuca  

if you guys are watching the melody performance by the 4 casts, they were singing a song titled “the Love of kingdom and beauties”, When Nie Yuan sang that part, he looked to Wu jin yan. Later on, the mcs were making fun of him about that haha they snitched on him and told Charmaine (step empress) that the emperor was looking at Yingluo when he sang “Love beauty more than the empire” lol 

In a way if you think about it... Yingluo always say that Qianlong always prioritizes his empire over her. In this performance, hes telling her that he actually loves her more than his empire lol okay im so deusional.

happy new year everyone!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@kyoko22 Thanks for recommending this drama. at episode 20 now, it's really funny so far especially the hate-hate relationship between Yingluo and the emperor.

I'm glad you like it. Yinglou-Emperor's relationship is one of the reasons why i like this drama. It is so fun to watch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

@kyoko22 

Hide contents

When she was cursing him in episode 19, that was so hillarious. Emperor i think get revenge by giving her a bad tasting medicine.

Spoiler

They tried to outwit each other. In the end, it's still Ying Lou who won. I still remember, in ep 12 when Emperor realized Yinglou tricked him to punish Gao Gufei and Jia Pin. His reaction is funny. But this is what's make Emperor intrigued on Yinglou. She is so unique, smart, headstrong. All the women around him are very submissive. Only her who are so daring. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Reaching alot later in the drama now, and my opinion is that the only two women in the harem that QL loved is the late empress and YL. Their interaction is pure gold and YL is so manipulative but not in an evil way only to protect the people who she cares about. I honestly didn't care much for Fucha Fuheng and in my opinion they are pretty boring together during the first half of the drama. He gave up way to easily and YL personality has always been of the more cunning kind since the drama started and i think that QL suit her better.

Ofcourse QL is not perfect. He's cold and ruthless which is needed for an emperor of that time to keep his empire under control. I remember a quote from Queen Seondeok drama i think : A king has to trust everyone and at the same time mistrust/be wary of everyone. Being an emperor is cold and lonely so he kinda project that personality to his harem. I saw it especially when the empress died and to me he didn't seem to know how to handle it the right way. Well, this is just my opinion :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lunkera said:
  Hide contents

Reaching alot later in the drama now, and my opinion is that the only two women in the harem that QL loved is the late empress and YL. Their interaction is pure gold and YL is so manipulative but not in an evil way only to protect the people who she cares about. I honestly didn't care much for Fucha Fuheng and in my opinion they are pretty boring together during the first half of the drama. He gave up way to easily and YL personality has always been of the more cunning kind since the drama started and i think that QL suit her better.

Ofcourse QL is not perfect. He's cold and ruthless which is needed for an emperor of that time to keep his empire under control. I remember a quote from Queen Seondeok drama i think : A king has to trust everyone and at the same time mistrust/be wary of everyone. Being an emperor is cold and lonely so he kinda project that personality to his harem. I saw it especially when the empress died and to me he didn't seem to know how to handle it the right way. Well, this is just my opinion :) 

Spoiler

Well said. I’m also a QL/YL shipper from the beginning. The tension between them just drew me in. I agree that QL did love the late empress but it takes more than love to maintain a relationship, especially between an emperor and an empress. The late empress was just too kind for her position and holding an unrealistic expectation to her relationship with the emperor. In ep10, befor YL was caught by QL when she criticized the ex emperor being neglecting his duty after the death of his favorite consort, the empress showed her desire for that kind of affection and relationship. This is one scene that clearly tells us the difference between the empress and YL. Actually what YL said is more like from a mind of an empress than the actual empress herself. 

I actually found FH/YL was cute but was never into it. They two are like the mirror pair of QL and the empress, one is very rational, even ruthless and one is more soft and sentimental. This kind of relationship might work if they were not in the forbidden city. Unfortunately they were, hence the two relationships did not work. Wolf-Sheep relationship is not for the emperor and YL. So the two wolves end up together. The whole development of their relationship is total logical and convincing for me, not to mention there are so much fun watching they two trying to outwit each other. :-)

• Like 5

@nnnju 

Spoiler

People like empress fucha rarely stay alive long in the harem. WYL is cunning and ruthless only to those who commit evil first. but the important thing is to not let it consume you. She still has her easy-going and blunt personality which i love.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lunkera said:

@nnnju 

Hide contents

People like empress fucha rarely stay alive long in the harem. WYL is cunning and ruthless only to those who commit evil first. but the important thing is to not let it consume you. She still has her easy-going and blunt personality which i love.

Agree. This is the best part about YL and maybe the whole story. I dislike dramas which end up with a lot of negative afterthoughts. This drama makes me happy and motivated.:-D

• Like 1

Thank you very much for sharing the videos. The actors of Yanxi look great and did well although they are not singer. The sound of falling snow is forever my favorite song. Love my emperor and yingluo short version. 

My edit of Yanxi Palace couples

QL ❤ YL

tumblr_pjdufvjGE91rr9ju9o1_400.jpg

FH ❤ YL

tumblr_pjdukqaBHN1rr9ju9o1_400.jpg 

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 4:55 AM, leeemyis said:

Thank you very much for sharing the videos. The actors of Yanxi look great and did well although they are not singer. The sound of falling snow is forever my favorite song. Love my emperor and yingluo short version. 

My edit of Yanxi Palace couples

QL ❤ YL

FH ❤ YL

God Fuheng is the most gorgeous man ive seen.

• Like 2

Now I realize. Doesn't usually Empress Dowager call herself as 'Aijia'? Just like how Emperor call himself 'Zhen' and Empress as 'Bengong'. But in this drama, Empress Dowager didn't call herself as Aijia right? Is this because Qing dynasty didn't apply this type rule of how they call themselves? As I watch other dramas, imperial children call Emperor as Fuhuang but in Yanxi, they called QL as Huangama. Does anyone know?

2 minutes ago, kyoko22 said:

Now I realize. Doesn't usually Empress Dowager call herself as 'Ajia'? Just like how Emperor call himself 'Zhen' and Empress and 'Bengong'. But in this drama, Empress Dowager didn't call herself as Ajia right? Is this because Qing dynasty didn't apply this type rule of how they call themselves? As I watch other dramas, imperial children call Emperor as Fuhuang but in Yanxi, they called QL as Huangama. Does anyone know?

From this post:

I read that aijia is actually not historically accurate, although Zhen Huan and Ruyi both used it. 

There is no written record of any empress dowager of the Qing dynasty calling herself aijia 哀家 as commonly seen in the media.

And "ama" is the Manchu word for father, so Qing dynasty dramas use this term instead of Fuhuang, even though there is also no written record of it being used.

• Like 1