[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Story of Yan Xi’s Palace 延禧攻略

sugarplum892

@brutalix I don't necessarily meant "cold hearted" as a bad thing but one needs to really be that determined to never look back as in the case of Yingluo. Like Qing Lian told Fu Heng, a person like Yingluo would just throw away everything, not only the memory but also the person himself and move forward. Ones really need to be lacking that emotion to be able to act that way and Yingluo is. She is not the romantic type for sure and above anything else, she is most of all about survival and thriving.

One thing that confused me a lot in this series is the word "favorite". Cause it's really funny how during her minor fallout with the emperor (circa episode 45-47), she's been branded his favorite in a second and no longer his favorite in another second. My conclusion in the end, favourite simply means the one the Emperor visited the most frequent. 

Another dialogue that intrigued me was when Consort Chun was confronted and warned by the Emperor over the "horse falling" incident. Consort Chun told the emperor that ever since Yingluo becoming his favorite, she "never allowed" him to visit his other consorts unlike when she (Consort Chun) was his favorite prior to Yingluo's arrival, where she advised the Emperor to be fair to his other concubines. I knew an episode earlier Yingluo sabotaged his visits to Consort Chun with that poetic kite and musical lanterns but I thought she only meant to do so to intimidate Consort Chun but not the rest of the powerless concubines.

7 hours ago, jadore1 said:

Sorry i can't contribute in this conversation since i am still waiting for the subs , but reading the opinions and crucial tidbits are keeping me up to date ..thank you :)

Understandable. My mandarin is in fact pretty rusty. I learnt it back in primary school but never really practiced but as I progressively watched and re-watched (with subs), I realized my Mandarin isn't so bad and I got most of the points perfectly right including the dialogue :lol:. As in your case, I totally understand. it's always a plus point to actually be able to understand the dialogue word for word, since they made the scenes more meaningful.

• Like 1

@jadore1 u r welcomed. No need to worry abt contributing. Ya...find the eng subbing so slow. I have no need for sub but hope non-chinese can enjoy this drama. Even s.korea got official broadcast with korean subs started recently.

@lyserose ya, yingluo has a no-look-back mentality. It is not the same as cold hearted or not romantic. In a way it is similiar like Yuan Chun Wang but not even half as extreme (he return any betrayal with much revenge)....but actually also not the same too bcos remember when Yuan Chun Wang tried to starve Yingluo, he was half-hoping she would apologise...so he might not have "let go" yet. 

The part she tried to have all of Qianlong's attention is to force Chun consort to make a wrong move...she wont know who QL might visit on a certain day...so mind as well offend all the ladies. In a way she also tried to portray a "greedy" image...if she acted too cautiously and low profile...they would know she is actually plotting something. Also she dont want Chun Consort to think she is the only one beinh targetted. And Chun consort thinking since others are offended, any attempt on Yingluo can be "pushed" to others too...so she would dare to act.

Also by offending others...she would know if anyone else are bad guys too if they tried to do something.

Of course this drama place too much confidence that the female lead would always save herself from any danger. I wont deny that.

Btw i ever read one history documentary...it said in real life, probably wont see even half of all these plotting, framing and poisoning as seen in dramas...those consorts won't take so much risk of themselves and their families.

• Like 1

I might be biased against Fu Heng because he really DESERVES better. Throughout all of the episodes that I've watch so far, (47 ish) I've noticed that the one who understand Ying Luo the most is the Queen Fucha and Fu Heng. They can figure out her motive without her trying to explain anything. I think that part of them is really sweet. Even if Ying Luo is trying to push Fu Heng away, he knows that she has her own struggle and reason to do that. UGH Fu Heng just won my heart T_T, that feeling when you know you getting used but still loves her BRUH. Boiii needa wake tf up.

I think the main reason why everyone enjoy this drama because of a strong lead that take revenge on who treat her badly and repay those that are kind to her. She's not some typical weak female lead that gets bully over and over again. Ying Luo also doesn't have a soft spot for love. She can love someone deeply but revenge is more important to her than anything else apparently, which make it unique. Typical lead actors in dramas would give up their position, wealth, revenge etc, for the one they love BUT AINT YING LUO.

@Cedric Ong Thanks for your enlightenment.

3 hours ago, yena1590 said:

I might be biased against Fu Heng because he really DESERVES better. Throughout all of the episodes that I've watch so far, (47 ish) I've noticed that the one who understand Ying Luo the most is the Queen Fucha and Fu Heng. They can figure out her motive without her trying to explain anything. I think that part of them is really sweet. Even if Ying Luo is trying to push Fu Heng away, he knows that she has her own struggle and reason to do that. UGH Fu Heng just won my heart T_T, that feeling when you know you getting used but still loves her BRUH. Boiii needa wake tf up.

I think the main reason why everyone enjoy this drama because of a strong lead that take revenge on who treat her badly and repay those that are kind to her. She's not some typical weak female lead that gets bully over and over again. Ying Luo also doesn't have a soft spot for love. She can love someone deeply but revenge is more important to her than anything else apparently, which make it unique. Typical lead actors in dramas would give up their position, wealth, revenge etc, for the one they love BUT AINT YING LUO.

As someone mentioned earlier, it is easy to like Fuheng. He is Yingluo's guardian angel, loving and protecting her and expecting nothing in return, faithful to one woman for the rest of his life and understanding. What's not to love? (though I am on Team Emperor. lol)

I agree that Fuheng deserves better, definitely not a possessive psychotic wife like Er Qing. Came to think of it, he could probably move on from his romantic love with Yingluo if only he was married to a good woman - someone who can show him respect and giving him the comfort of a home. Love itself is a process as in the case of Yingluo - she put in so much effort to win the Emperor's heart and in the process, ended up loving him for the affection that he lavished on her.

I recently came across and interesting article on the selection of concubines during Qing dynasty. A lowly Han woman definitely far from calling the shot, so the fact that Consort Ling (Yingluo in this drama) ascended as high as becoming an Empress (though not a living Empress) is really impressive. And her story kind of reminded me of one of my fave Korean sageuk, Dong Yi where Choi Suk Bin roused from the lowest position of a palace musuri (of slave status) to becoming the highest ranked consort, a favorite of King Sukjong and her son becoming the King of Joseon. 

Spoiler

In a way, I find quite a distinct similarity on the tale of harem of Qianlong with Sukjong of Joseon

- 3 Empresses/Queens with the third one only awarded the title posthumously (though Choi Suk-bin not awarded with the title of a Queen)

- Second Empress/Queen (Hoifa Nara / Jang Hui-bin) lose favor

- Not so kind/favorable ending of the second Empress/Queen

- Third posthumous Empress/highest ranked consort (Consort Ling / Choi Suk-bin) came from low beginning, not from powerful families.

- Third posthumous Empress/highest ranked consort bore the next ruler (Jiaqing / Yeongjo) of the country. 

I read (not completed yet) of most of the Qing Emperors' consorts but so far, only Consort Ling started off as a palace maid / lady-in-waiting. Or have I missed out anything?

On a separate note, I saw videos and photos of Nie Yuan (Emperor) and Wu Jingyan (Yingluo) attended a red carpet event recently. He was so sweet that he helps to hold her skirt the entire time while walking the red carpet because her dress was a bit too long. Idk how to share instagram post here. LOL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, lyserose said:

@brutalix I don't necessarily meant "cold hearted" as a bad thing but one needs to really be that determined to never look back as in the case of Yingluo. Like Qing Lian told Fu Heng, a person like Yingluo would just throw away everything, not only the memory but also the person himself and move forward. Ones really need to be lacking that emotion to be able to act that way and Yingluo is. She is not the romantic type for sure and above anything else, she is most of all about survival and thriving.

One thing that confused me a lot in this series is the word "favorite". Cause it's really funny how during her minor fallout with the emperor (circa episode 45-47), she's been branded his favorite in a second and no longer his favorite in another second. My conclusion in the end, favourite simply means the one the Emperor visited the most frequent. 

Another dialogue that intrigued me was when Consort Chun was confronted and warned by the Emperor over the "horse falling" incident. Consort Chun told the emperor that ever since Yingluo becoming his favorite, she "never allowed" him to visit his other consorts unlike when she (Consort Chun) was his favorite prior to Yingluo's arrival, where she advised the Emperor to be fair to his other concubines. I knew an episode earlier Yingluo sabotaged his visits to Consort Chun with that poetic kite and musical lanterns but I thought she only meant to do so to intimidate Consort Chun but not the rest of the powerless concubines.

This part when Qin Lan spoke about Yingluo was at the beginning before her revenge, but in the later part when Qin Lan knows Yingluo much better and after her revenge for her sister was fulfilled, Qin Lan decided to bless Fuheng and Yingluo together, and it was her great desire to bring both of them happiness, and told Yingluo she would grant her a grand dowry to marry her off in splendour, she even went to speak to Qianlong for their marriage...which was also why Qin Lan was so mad and grief-stricken when Fuheng marry Er Qing to save Yingluo, because she knows Yingluo will be very sad and never forgive Fuheng, and Fuheng will regret for the rest of his life, and that Yingluo will love someone deeply enough to die togther with her loved ones than be saved but be betrayed.

At the finale episode at the end, Xian Fei asked Yingluo to reveal how she managed to make Qianlong love Yingluo so much, while Xian Fei despite all her efforts throughout decade of years are unable to get Qianlong's one bit of love....i think was proof that Qianlong all along have love Yingluo only and that all his past words & actions were just to try spite Yingluo for jealousy or to punish Yingluo whenever she does wrong as a fair & just Emperor/Husband/person but deep down he truly love her and always thinks of her.

As for Yingluo's past actions to get Qianlong to visit her instead of the other concubines is an interesting point of debate on whether she did it purely out of her motive to get Qianlong's love or just her deep love for him  that doesnt want to share with any other concubines, but one thing for sure, she made him come to visit her voluntarily and have not once requested in words to him, and never harm other people just to make Qianlong lose his love on others just to love her more. I think apart from Qinlan and Xian Fei that truly loves Qianlong, the rest of the concubines were loving him for material gains & power, whereas Yingluo requested neither and never faked her words & actions to him but she never openly declare her love, only say she will spend her remaining life to answer him on how much she loves him...i think that speaks volumes!

On 9/19/2018 at 10:51 AM, Cedric Ong said:

@lyserose 

Btw i ever read one history documentary...it said in real life, probably wont see even half of all these plotting, framing and poisoning as seen in dramas...those consorts won't take so much risk of themselves and their families.

I think thats what make Story of Yanxi Palace so much interesting and enjoyable to watch, it takes the unexpected and unimaginable path in terms of characters' personalities and actions, as well as the pace and sequence of events were all acted out in light speed, 1~3 episodes and the villains' plots were disclosed and gets their retributions, then new villains comes into the picture.....those traditional period soap dramas are normally so draggy and slow which seriously bored the hell out of me, I have never love watching such shows especially for Qing period dramas but im was really pleasant surprised watching this show and actually watched every single dialogs in every episodes:)

Another thing that makes this show so unique & nice to watch...the actors & actresses dedication & efforts....not many  drama shows around the world would put that much effort in their off-screen time, considering the amt of money they were paid

• Like 1

I think this video explains quite well why Yingluo & Qianlong makes a better couple instead of with Fuheng, and halfway through i believe Qinlan realized that as why when she said to Qianlong, Yingluo was her hope. Maybe deep down inside she knows Yingluo will truly makes a real good wife as well as a good Empress to Qianlong? Also, considering Qianlong's outright dotes, tolerances and sacrifices to Yingluo throughout the show totally outweighs Fuheng's devotion & love IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@brutalix Thanks for your shared view. But the Qing Lian I was referring to is actually Fuheng's maid who died of suicide after being sold to prostitution by Er Qing. I think the Qing Lan you were referring to is the Empress whose name in the drama is Empress Fuca Rongyin. The actress real name is Qing Lan, though.

1 hour ago, brutalix said:

Another thing that makes this show so unique & nice to watch...the actors & actresses dedication & efforts....not many  drama shows around the world would put that much effort in their off-screen time, considering the amt of money they were paid

I am thoroughly impressed by their effort and dedication. When I watched the BTS, I admire the actor Nie Yuan (the Emperor) even more for his never ending guidance towards his co-stars. 

53 minutes ago, brutalix said:

I think this video explains quite well why Yingluo & Qianlong makes a better couple instead of with Fuheng, and halfway through i believe Qinlan realized that as why when she said to Qianlong, Yingluo was her hope. Maybe deep down inside she knows Yingluo will truly makes a real good wife as well as a good Empress to Qianlong? Also, considering Qianlong's outright dotes, tolerances and sacrifices to Yingluo throughout the show totally outweighs Fuheng's devotion & love IMO.

Without a doubt, Empress Fuca is a good person but she doesn't really have the capacity of an Empress. She is too kind, too gentle. Yingluo definitely has the qualities and traits. She is mentally strong and she knows how to act according to situation - repairing those kindful act while making sure the wrongs being punished. She never hesitated on being ruthless when necessary. As I said earlier, she matches Qianlong every step of the way. Qianlong's devotion and love for Yingluo often overshadowed by the fact that he has many women in his harem and that's a bit unfortunate. I never doubted that he loves Yingluo as much as Fuheng.

One of the things I realized about Qianlong is his physical action towards Yingluo. Noticed that he was always physically gentle to all of his wives but with Yingluo, he tends to yank her, grab her wrist and so on. I find that his action really speaks of his passion and love towards her. 

• Like 1

Actually the part where Fuca said Yingluo is her hope....can have different meanings....besides the one brutalix posted, another one is Fuca was once a free spirit...so she place her hope on Yingluo to live freely, never to compromise her own char. 

Actually about Yingluo marrying Fuheng...it is not proper in that time...Fuheng's family was of very high manchu status....no problem if concubine but as 1st (and probably only) wife, will face obstacles, but Fuheng seems confident of that and the Empress will definitely help out. Btw Fuheng's dad is "invisible" right? He never appear physically...haha. think he was once mentioned pass away after mid way in the drama.

• Like 1

Just read a rumor that this drama will be shown on Zhejiang TV 浙江卫视. Previously it was only shown online as webdrama. But to be shown on traditional TV...perhaps will reach another group of viewers who have no access to internet...or prefer to watch on TV. Think a well-known staff from that station posted a pic of this drama on his weibo...together with other news sources, think this is probably very likely.

Nie Yuan is really quite good actor. Besides acting his own char, he helped the junior actors to understand their char....esp Wu Jing Yan (as Yingluo). And for himself, many scenes he wasn't given details but he invented his own gestures or mannerisms to make the char more interesting...eg the part where he once left Yanxi palace (after some "action")...there was no scene of that....but the way he stretched his arms in a satisfied way as he walked out is his own creation...it hinted at something which the audience caught on.

Also just read this....remember in very early episode, Yingluo offered the maids in the Empress palace some ginger soup. I think it was the part where they helped to cover the flowers from the rain. Only one maid didn't drink. It's Hu Po or Amber. And later she's the only one who sided with Er Qing and was rude to Yingluo who had became Ling Consort.

This is called 伏笔 fu bi or hidden writing....some early trivia (or sometimes part of a dialogue) that will later pop up (eg an incident) to link to that earlier part.

As mentioned before, Wu Jing Yan 吴谨言 (Yingluo) was a ballet dancer, she learnt since very young but had to quit after injury. Then in 2009, she entered Beijing film academy....and recently someone dig up a class photo. Guess what, some familiar faces.

Spoiler

She as 3rd from left. Can see no change at all. Small face.

p138522037.webp

(in case i failed to link to the group pic, u can see from this chinese article) :

https://www.douban.com/group/topic/124501753/

1st from left is Li Chun 李纯 who also acted as Ling consort in Ru Yi legend. Talk about coincidence. 

maxresdefault.jpg

She also acted as Su Jin in the movie version of 3 Lives 3 Worlds.

31e600050f30081b1b1d

And that role is the same as another classmate in the photo....who played the drama version. 2nd from the right (in group photo). 黄梦莹 Huang Meng Ying. Another coincidence.

10294936679830427538.jpg

They also say 曾一萱 Zeng Yi Xian, the actress as Arou in Ruyi legend was also in the class but i don't know if the cropped pic included her or not.

For the guys....one familiar face is 刘芮麟 Liu Rui Lin, the one with specs, right in the middle front. He was in 3 Lives 3 Worlds and The Flame's Daughter to name a few.

Img446373208.jpg

张云龙 Zhang Yun Long is in that class too...but i can't spot his face in the group pic.

Chinese wiki on Beijing film academey....student names, the famous ones....look under 2009 :

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/北京电影学院校友列表

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cedric Ong said:

Nie Yuan is really quite good actor. Besides acting his own char, he helped the junior actors to understand their char....esp Wu Jing Yan (as Yingluo). And for himself, many scenes he wasn't given details but he invented his own gestures or mannerisms to make the char more interesting...eg the part where he once left Yanxi palace (after some "action")...there was no scene of that....but the way he stretched his arms in a satisfied way as he walked out is his own creation...it hinted at something which the audience caught on.

For me watching non subbed episodes this one scene really caught my attention ..and definitely no verbal explanation was needed LOL after spending the night with Yinglou our Emperor was in heavenly mood :tounge_xd:

• LOL 2

@jadore1 lmao I also thought that scene was very funny. Kudos to Nie Yuan for displaying that discreet satisfaction after a wild night with Yingluo. According to the novel, when Qianlong visited Yingluo because he was angry that she gave away the painting he gave her to empress dowager, we were supposed to get a very passionate scene btw Yingluo and the emperor. Yingluo was supposed to climb on top of Qianlong and kiss him (but they edited out that part in the drama :( )

Nie Yuan is truly good at acting and I just love his portrayal of Qianlong! All his subtle mannerism and emotions. Especially those "I want to devour you" look that he always give Yingluo LOL Also, during their big argument about drinking birth control medicine, you can see Qianlong's eyes were getting red and watery. He mustve been really hurt when he found out that the woman he loves/dotes on most doesnt even want to carry his child. In addition to that, she confirmed with him that she was just using him to take revenge. You can feel the hurt, angst, and devastation in his eyes. The only time viewers can see that expression on Qianlong was on the death day of Empress Fuca, Qianlong witnessed Fuheng and Yingluo together at Empress' altar, and during their argument. 

Despite, him telling her that he will never touch her again (we all know he cant refrain himself aka ep 59 lol), he still came to visit her once she returned to the palace after being away for 3 years. And during those 3 years, I rmb someone mentioned in the drama that every year he would frequent the Yuanming Gardens under the disguise to visit Empress Dowager for forgiveness but in reality I think he just misses our Yingluo, but unfortunately couldnt see her because the empress dowager wouldnt let? 

I totally agree with lyserose that Qianlong's love for Yingluo is often overshadowed by his harem of women. Not that many men will continue to pursue the woman if they know that they cant get anything in return. At that time, he believed that Yingluo didnt have any love for him yet he still invested his time and effort in her  just to see if she puts him in her heart, even just a tiny bit. I think thats what makes Yanxi's Qianlong such a lovable character, because he didnt really give up/let go of their relationship, always holding onto that last bit of hope ( He mightve pretended to dote on Empress Xian and Shun consort, but we all know the only one in his heart is Yingluo).

But I also wonder why it was okay for Yingluo that Qianlong sees/sleeps/marries other women but for Fuheng it like an unforgivable sin? 

Additionally, did anyone else think Yingluo's reason of not wanting to get pregnant with Qianlong is a little too weak of an excuse? I understand that she might be traumatize by her mother's death, but like what happens if Chun imperial noble consort wasnt exposed until much later? Like how would Yingluo battle it out with Chun consort if she doesnt have a child? I mean if the time it takes for Yingluo to take down Chun Consort is 10 yrs period instead within 1 year, Yingluo cant obviously depend on Qianlong's favor to stabilize her position forever? and wouldnt the people in the palace and Qianlong himself question why she hasnt been pregnant if he visits her almost everyday? I feel like there's another reason why she took the birth control. Perhaps at that time she perceives Qianlong as a cold-hearted man who only likes to monopolize a woman's body and so she doesnt want to have any relations with him and just wants to leave once she successfully completed her revenge? 

@brutalix Can you help us translate/summarize that video? What are the reasons why Qianlong is a better match for Yingluo? Thank you ~ :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

As mentioned before, Wu Jing Yan 吴谨言 (Yingluo) was a ballet dancer, she learnt since very young but had to quit after injury. Then in 2009, she entered Beijing film academy....and recently someone dig up a class photo. Guess what, some familiar faces.

I find Wu Jingyan is perfectly casted. She has that sharp bright eyes which go well with her character of a quick witted and bright person. I also watch Ruyi and with that more seductive face (I don't mean in a bad way), Li Chun definitely suits that version of Consort Ling.

7 hours ago, Cedric Ong said:

I remember reading somewhere where someone mentioned that the casting of Nie Yuan really did a lot of favour to the story. The comment mentioned that should Chen Jianbin (the Yongzheng in LZH) was casted as Qianlong instead, perhaps viewers would care less about the relationship and interaction between QL and Yingluo. Nie Yuan made viewers care for QL himself and the romance between QL and YL. He could be charismatic, commanding, childish and humorous at the same time. Not to mention that he really have great chemistry with Wu Jingyan. His presence always made the episode more interesting.

A quick question - was Qianlong's habit of rubbing his temple and top of his head invented by the actor too?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ChloeR said:

But I also wonder why it was okay for Yingluo that Qianlong sees/sleeps/marries other women but for Fuheng it like an unforgivable sin? 

I guess because she already set different expectation on each one of them. She knows QL is an emperor and having many women to bed is the reality she has to accept when she decided to marry him. Plus, she was not in love with him when she first joined his harem. But even when she came to love him eventually, she has been his consort long enough to understand the nature of their relationship and how she couldn't have him all to herself. Like she said,  getting to sleep with the emperor isn't the same as winning his heart. She knows what position she holds in his heart, so it probably matter less to her that he sleeps around. The only time I noticed YL affected by QL's sleeping arrangement was during their falling out esp with the presence of Consort Shun cause I guess at that time, she started questioning his heart. 

Different expectation is set on Fuheng because he is not binding by the same obligations as the Emperor. She knows he gets to choose. So to choose marrying Er Qing even in exchange for her life is unacceptable to Yingluo.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ChloeR said:

Despite, him telling her that he will never touch her again (we all know he cant refrain himself aka ep 59 lol), he still came to visit her once she returned to the palace after being away for 3 years. And during those 3 years, I rmb someone mentioned in the drama that every year he would frequent the Yuanming Gardens under the disguise to visit Empress Dowager for forgiveness but in reality I think he just misses our Yingluo, but unfortunately couldnt see her because the empress dowager wouldnt let?

Okay...this confused me a bit. Why wouldn't Empress Dowager let him see Yingluo?

• Like 1

@lyserose I watched it with vietsubs so i might have missed out on the dialogue but I assumed the Empress Dowager didnt want to see/forgive the emperor as of yet. At that time, Yingluo was with the empress dowager at the Yuanming garden? Thus, Qianlong and Yingluo ended up not seeing each other for 3 years? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChloeR said:

@lyserose I watched it with vietsubs so i might have missed out on the dialogue but I assumed the Empress Dowager didnt want to see/forgive the emperor as of yet. At that time, Yingluo was with the empress dowager at the Yuanming garden? Thus, Qianlong and Yingluo ended up not seeing each other for 3 years? 

Watching with subs is always tricky isn't it? Idk, but my understanding is more that she feels the emperor does not want to see her after she hurt him so much, thus not wanting to appear before him. So, that's why they were separated for 3 years and she only returned to the Forbidden City after Fuheng warned her about Consort Shun. 

• Like 1

Ya, read up abit on Nie Yuan's interpretation of Qianlong, he did mention the head rubbing is his idea, part of some mannerisms he thought of.

Similarly Lawrence Wong, the actor as Hai Lan Cha....he was given some flexibility in portraying Hai Lan Cha as a more comical char. In history, there was little description on Hai Lan Cha except he's a great warrior....which people would usually think a serious and fierce guy. But the actor thought a more comical one would balance off the seriousness of other chars. Probably it stood out more too.

A long interview article with Lawrence Wong. He's born in Malaysia and acted in Singapore for a number of yrs before being signed up by Qin Lan (Fucha empress)'s company. There are a few pics of him with other cast. The article is in english, so no need for translation.

https://www.8days.sg/sceneandheard/celebrities/how-former-ch-8-star-lawrence-wong-went-from-unknown-to-getting-10676688

He and "Mingyu" will be on a China variety show for the Mooncake festival. Glad to see the supporting cast also got some fame due to this drama.

https://www.instagram.com/ohohlawrence/

Actually the part about Wei Yingluo being much affected by her own mother's death while giving birth to her....there were a few times she mentioned it eg the part when Fuca gave birth and she run off. I feel Wu Jingyan while good at both cool/calm and cute/teasing parts....certain parts that need a mixture of feelings....she failed to portray well....eg when she talked about that past, that strong tone of detest and feeling unfair is there....but at the same time, the softer painful part of losing someone is slightly lacking. So we feel abit less touched. Maybe she already did her best....but her co-actors are better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For fans in Europe, esp in Greece.

There is an exhibition on Qing dynasty esp Qianlong boasting over 150 items from that period.

14 Sep 2018 – 14 Feb 2019

Acropolis Museum, Athens

https://mosaic.gr/from-the-forbidden-city-imperial-apartments-of-qianlong/

https://www.theacropolismuseum.gr/en/content/forbidden-city-imperial-apartments-qianlong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1