Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Holy moly.........the hug scene gave me heart atk hahah. 
AeShin was asking about the following step after hug...longing etc.......lmao Eugene had to brought up fishing.

Totally didn't expect these scenes, Eugene and Aeshin to US? Hell yeah, let that be the end of Mr. Sunshine hahahaha.

• Like 10

@rubie

thoughts preview - this is my opinion (many intentional misleadings and this is reason why we make mistakes :))

Grandpa will be against it (american soldier). AS will reveal that EC has avenged her parents and he did nothing in this matter (almost 30 years). Then grandpa will agree because EC avenged his son. Then he will allow EC and AS to go to the USA. 

AS is too different from other women. After the broken engagement she become the object of gossip. She is also in a relationship with EC (american soldier). Grandpa will ask him to go to the US for her safety, she will not be able to stay in Joseon because of customs.

She will want to come back and defend her homeland and Grandpa/family (goodbye). EC will ask for transfer and will come back to Joseon. He said in last episode "I want Go Aeshin not die" - love and protection. He dont care Joseon ( he is sincere in this matter). I think that he will use "come here, Come here"  AS EC hug? 

Edit:

my thougts:

HS proposal is misleading because AS tell him the name her man - Eugene Choi.  He just found out what his family has done to him. He will withdraw the marriage offer. He tell EC that AS has revealed the truth and has been punished. If writers go in this direction HS will behave like a real man. 

• Like 6

Omooo the preview- seems like it’s going to venture into the typical kdrama territory a little bit with grandpa’s rejection etc lmao.. Finally we get to see Ae Shin in proper western garb! But what does this mean??? I don’t think Ae Shin is visiting the US with Eugene...  My heart is torn seeing Ae Shin cry so pitifully in the preview... :tears:

• Like 8

I'm really in love with this drama. How can their hug scenes looks much more emotional than so many other dramas kiss scenes?!:heart:

Hope for passing 20 in rating very soon.

Lee byung hun was really the best choice for eugene character, i can't imagine any other actor as eugene.:wub:

Hope for happy ending, but i'm okay with sad ending too.B)

• Like 15

6 hours ago, tzupi said:

I liked the despair in Eugene's hug of AS. It shows that in a way, for him, she is the only one keeping him sane. I also loved that he thought of taking the burden of shooting him from her. When he offered the gun to the potter, he put the responsibility of the shooting on the potter. That was cleverly done.

That was totally unexpected, too. The RA leader(s) & LJM have the tendency to put the burden and responsibility on someone else.. as long as it's not themselves pulling the trigger, it's easy to order others to do it.

It also marks the end of Eugene's debt / relationship / respect(?) to Eun San. What a pity that it turned out such a way. He even brought Kim Yong Ju to RA and they pointed a gun to his head instead. th_dontcare.gif

So, there's no conflict between Eugene and Ae Shin. Time for AS to completely trust EC because he really needed that from someone as Joseon has been snubbing him again and again.

ms230.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Have not watched. :D

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Episode 13  8/18/18    13.327%

Episode 14  8/19/18    15.626%

Episode 15  8/25/18     12.893%

Source

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Have not watched. :D

AGB Nielsen Ratings:

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/21/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/22/18     11.713%

Episode 7  7/28/18      11.114%

Episode 8  7/29/18      12.330%

Episode 9  8/3/18        11.695%

Episode 10  8/4/18      13.534%

Episode 11  8/11/18    12.792%

Episode 12  8/12/18    13.399%

Episode 13  8/18/18    13.327%

Episode 14  8/19/18    15.626%

Episode 15  8/25/18     12.893%

Source

Oops the rating drops. Maybe because its saturday and of the ongoing Asean Game.. 

FIghting Mr. Sunshine ill be with you till the end.. 

• Like 8

@rubie thank you for the pictures. I love how LBH plays Eugene, but the scene of the hug was really really something else.

I do not know if it was in the script that he needs to cry, but he was amazing in that scene. and even his reaction before, when he caresses her hand and the surprise on his face as if her hands are too small or too something. and I love that KTR's face showed something else than the usual surprise that I see so often in Korean drama and do not understand. She was somewhat confused by his sudden hug and pained by his pain. maybe she even understood the gravity of what they are doing, because it is not clear that this will end well.

I think it ends something for Eugene, but I am not sure what. It is interesting than the rest of the episode is about his parents again. Maybe it is a new stage of grief. He finally made peace with what happened to him and his parents.

I want to hear people's thoughts about why he responded only now to AS's hug. and how people understand his emotions in that hug. For me, it is not clear why he cried. I find that crying makes the scene more powerful than it could have been otherwise.  Did he cry because he did not lose her? Did he cry because she is the only one that he has and the only one that understands him? did he cry because he founds the whole situation so frustrating (he wants her, but he cannot have her). So why do you think he cried?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, tzupi said:

@rubie thank you for the pictures. I love how LBH plays Eugene, but the scene of the hug was really really something else.

I do not know if it was in the script that he needs to cry, but he was amazing in that scene. and even his reaction before, when he caresses her hand and the surprise on his face as if her hands are too small or too something. and I love that KTR's face showed something else than the usual surprise that I see so often in Korean drama and do not understand. She was somewhat confused by his sudden hug and pained by his pain. maybe she even understood the gravity of what they are doing, because it is not clear that this will end well.

I think it ends something for Eugene, but I am not sure what. It is interesting than the rest of the episode is about his parents again. Maybe it is a new stage of grief. He finally made peace with what happened to him and his parents.

I want to hear people's thoughts about why he responded only now to AS's hug. and how people understand his emotions in that hug. For me, it is not clear why he cried. I find that crying makes the scene more powerful than it could have been otherwise.  Did he cry because he did not lose her? Did he cry because she is the only one that he has and the only one that understands him? did he cry because he founds the whole situation so frustrating (he wants her, but he cannot have her). So why do you think he cried?

IMO, he may be felt he's not accepted anywhere by Joeson people, or American (for American, cos he looks Asian). He tried to help RA and The joeson government, but they pointed gun to him in return because he investigated his father's murder that could lead to their secrets. It's because AS said "I am with you, walks towards me" he felt touched that the woman he loves is there for him and offered him her hands, and he just simply released his emotions. Even a man needs a shoulder to cry on. LBH is indeed a great actor.

And the preview! OMG! They are really teasing us! I hope it's just imagination about the goodbye part! Isn't it still early to runaway and go to US? EC is going to be the instructor in Joeson military right? Why the heck is he back to US? I hope it's imagination, the possibility EC thinks that might happen if they take that path, that AS will still think about Joeson and leave EC. OR maybe AS said that to EC refer to his past? So like saying goodbye to his past? Isn't it possible too? Well I juat hope they don't separate! They use to mislead anyway, right? Right????

• Like 7

Am I the only one thinking that scene in the preview that shows Ae Shin and Eugene walking happily in western clothing might just be a dream? :unsure: 

• Like 4

@Emily Wong.I too think it's either a dream or just someone (probably HS) explaining his premonition about the future to either EC or AS. Or AS visually explaining to someone what she thinks her future path would be. Either way, I don't think they will suddenly run to US. The actual war has not yet begun, though the Emperor seemed to be worried about it after appointing WI.

Anyway, guys, I need some clarifying from all of you about few things that nagged me. I know KES's speciality is to explain certain scenes in the next few episodes, rather than in the same episode but I need to pick all of your brains about this, so I can watch tonight's episode with ease..hehe... Also, some of these questions were asked by some forumers from other sites. Though some of the questions are valid (and biased at certain point) but they do leave some points to ponder. I also believe some have been discussed, but if you guys dont mind explaining it again, I would very much appreciate the efforts. Here are the question:

1. Someone in another forum question about why EC thought that DM's genuine happiness to see him at the dock proved that DM is innocent. What was the logic behind EC's logic? Anyone care to explain? Actually, I wasn't that curious at first because I thought since EC is someone who is able  figure things out merely from people's expression and emotion (like he put two and two together about who are the members of RA and of course, when he figured about AS the black bird), so I guess I can accept his reasoning but the forumer who question this also thought that KES made a mistake here, that she left some voids. I dont think that is the case, knowing how KES is very meticulous with her scripts. 

2. Why is Gunner Jang helping the Emperor and Minister, knowing that his previous tragic life was caused by the Emperor's coward decision? If the RA were to act independent from the Emperor, I can understand that, but Gunner Jang is not someone who can be easily fooled. His mentoring for AS is understandable because Lord Go is someone who was known for his righteous but the Emperor was kinda of lacking in all the righteousness. So, I am not sure what motivates Gunner Jang to help.

3. Why did AS still points her gun towards EC when she has made her stand clear that she thinks EC is not to be blamed for all the events and he is not the evil one? I know earlier on she was characterised as someone who is strong and bold like a man and she always stand her ground, but she did not flinched an inch at all when she put her finger on the trigger and that bothers me since she knew she is aiming at someone she loves. I know that KES tried to show that AS had some remorse right after that when she looked solemn at the apothecary but I was a bit disturbed by her emotion  when she was aiming at EC. And even after EC kept fishing her out when he mentioned that how can he walk towards the person who try to shoot him, instead of explaining to him, she kept asking him to come towards her. She also mentioned about how she knows that he knew then she was aware who she was aiming at but he still walk in front of her as target. But she did not explain if she felt scared or remorse or any feelings to that effect. I know KES's style of writing is about reading between the lines but I cannot get this part yet. So, guys, please explain to me, so I can understand AS's motivation at that time, Dont get me wrong. I dont think AS has ill-intention and I know her character is smart, but this part still bothers me.

Even so, I think the hug scene was da bomb! LBH proves he is da actor!. His emotion at that time was da gem!..hehe..i am trying to be swagged here...but seriously, despite I was not that elated with AS's emotion, but I can get why EC still wants to hug her. It was a long day/ week for him...to lost a father figure, learning that the one person whom he has left in this whole wide world are targeted by many people (other than the obvious one), finding out about Joseon's secret, being targeted himself by others (even by those he considered as friends), fighting with all sorts of people, dodging bullet, etc..pheww..that would be enough to break a man. So, when he saw AS (the love of his life, the only one left for him), asking him to hold her hand, wanting to comfort him despite the whole incident, I think he was already so overwhelmed that all he need is someone to come close to him and make him feel better. And what a hug it was! When he pulled her in..and then wrap her hand around his waist while he wrapped his around her shoulder.. and then letting her head rest at the nook of his neck.. and then close his eyes so that he can feel her warmth and he can feel comforted, I got seriously giddy!!! Somebody please do ultra slow motion for this scene..hehehe... LBH and KTR are the best when it comes to emoting emotions in all the scenes they are together..kudos!!

• Like 9

Hee Sung : "and just now, I made up my mind to do something very bad... for my parents and your grandfather"

Hee Sung:bawling::bawling::bawling:

and we'll get that scene from ep 7 in tonight's episode!

Hee Sung lies on Ae Shin's lap and Aeshin Eugene in foreign county~~~

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, inna75 said:

Anyway, guys, I need some clarifying from all of you about few things that nagged me. I know KES's speciality is to explain certain scenes in the next few episodes, rather than in the same episode but I need to pick all of your brains about this, so I can watch tonight's episode with ease..hehe... Also, some of these questions were asked by some forumers from other sites. Though some of the questions are valid (and biased at certain point) but they do leave some points to ponder. I also believe some have been discussed, but if you guys dont mind explaining it again, I would very much appreciate the efforts. Here are the question:

1. Someone in another forum question about why EC thought that DM's genuine happiness to see him at the dock proved that DM is innocent. What was the logic behind EC's logic? Anyone care to explain? (...)

2. Why is Gunner Jang helping the Emperor and Minister, knowing that his previous tragic life was caused by the Emperor's coward decision? (...)

3. Why did AS still points her gun towards EC when she has made her stand clear that she thinks EC is not to be blamed for all the events and he is not the evil one? (...)

Hi, I'll try to answer your questions, and of course these are only my personal opinions. To save some space on this post, I only quoted the questions you asked... :)

1. EC seems to be a very good and quick judge of character. I've also noticed that since being a soldier, we've been shown that he can tell right away when someone is lying, or has ulterior motives. Think of him as having an extensive training when it comes to interrogating enemies of war. All this to say that EC's opinion of DM is that DM is loyal to whoever he is working for at a given moment, to whoever is paying him for his services. Given their past conversations and covert hostility, he knows that if DM was on a mission that would make him an enemy of America and of EC, he would not have made small talks and asked him questions about his well-being. That is not how he would talk to an enemy, and DM tends to also, always be straightforward. He doesn't pretend, except when he decided to protect AS's identity as a freedom fighter. He tends to always announce his intentions (especially when he's about to kill someone). It seems that it is a trait of character that EC has come to appreciate in DM, the fact that he always knows where they stand, in regards to each other. The death of missionary Joseph marks a turning point in their relationship, I think, because we can overtly see that they mutually respect each other as fighters. PS: note that DM was openly hostile and sarcastic to him when he was being paid by the Japanese, knowing also that Japan and the U.S. relationship wasn't one of utter trust. Nowadays, though, he seems to not trust any of his employers anymore (since two of them betrayed him, framed him, and one, Japan, tried to kill him and threatened to kill his men), and he might soon have his own agenda.

2. Gunner Jang has two different feelings at play in his fight for Joseon: one is personal, the other is patriotic.

Personal: He has a grudge against the emperor, whom he blames for abandoning the people who fought for Joseon against the foreigners, and who were taken captives. When asked what to do with the prisoners, i.e. whether he should or not plead with the Americans for the prisoners to be released to Joseon, the emperor didn't want to appear weak, and responded America could decide themselves. That news was relayed by the hotel's owner's dad (LWI) to the prisoners (which included Gunner Jang) as "Your emperor has abandoned you." The emperor's decision hurt Jang even more, I think because he took it as the emperor not fighting for his people which, then is kind of an insult to Jang's father, who died trying to save Joseon. This is why Jang is not sent on some missions, because his personal grudge could cloud his judgement, like the day he almost shot the emperor dead.

Patriotism: Jang puts those grudges aside for the greater good: he hates the foreign powers trying to take his country more than he hates the emperor. In his mind he is fighting especially for his people, he loves his country and doesn't want it occupied by the Japanese or other foreigners, so he is fighting for his country's freedom, and his people's freedom. He shows some restraints toward the emperor, for now, in order to not endanger his comrades and their cause.

3. AS's loyalty was being tested, and she said she knew as much, and said it didn't need to be because EC, to her eyes, always fought alongside the Righteous Army, always made the right decision. The test was, which of the two was her priority: the fight for Joseon, or EC? The question was, would she fight for Joseon no matter the cost? By pointing her gun she showed that she could be as described by her teacher, i.e. a good soldier not swayed by her feelings, but to be honest I don't know what to think here, because... how do we know for sure that she would have killed him if asked? When she later gives him her hand, she makes it clear that she is now by his side, no matter what (when EC says Koreans rejected him, Americans see him as Korean, he doesn't belong anywhere.). I'm saying that I don't know if she would have shot him (she might have), because I'm wondering when exactly she made the decision to embrace her love for him and not look back. Also to be clear, I'm not saying she no longer fights for Joseon or that it is not her priority, just that she's done holding back her feelings for him and being lonely, done being told who to love and marry, done pretending that the cast system (slave vs. noble preventing them from even touching in the past) can influence her openly showing her feelings to him...

One thing I missed in episode 15: Kyyyyyyyyle! :bawling: He's so funny, I love his acting so much, and he's such a stress relief. I love seeing his friendship with EC! 

Something I found cute: Is it just me, or did it seem as if, twice, AS subtly nudged EC for a kiss? :lol: She listed all the steps they had already taken together (introduction, handshake, hug, longing, etc.), and asked what is next... twice. EC pretended to not take the hint... "I didn't expect that answer," she told him. :sweatingbullets: (how is fishing the next stage of a romantic relationship? lol! I might try that and see how it goes, haha!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

13 hours ago, cynkdf said:

Hi @rubie and fans of Mr Sunshine, just dropping by to give a tidbit of information :)

Three weeks ago, singer Hwang Chi Yeul on Vlive told his fans he had recorded an OST for a drama but he was not allowed to say the title of the drama. Later in an instagram, he gave a hint and so we fans of  his made a guess, and  waited .. and waited .. until ep 15 today, during the scene showing Joseph's funeral: 

https://tv.naver.com/v/3898727

from 01:20 onwards 

All the best to the drama!

6 hours ago, mrtreasure100 said:

Guys.. Who sing this ost? When yujin drink in joseps funeral? The music just so good.. This the ost that i said.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ik10409bZSEpo7Cte1OITGAegq3sFtns/view?usp=drivesdk

Hi @mrtreasure100, welcome to the thread! Perhaps the quote above answers your query.. thanks to @cynkdf, hi and good to see your sharing here. It's really been awhile, huh! *hug!* Really appreciate the good highlight, we probably wouldn't have known till much later. Hopefully the soundtrack will be released in full like the rest. The drama have been consistent with the songs' release, only announcing and revealing it the same week a new episode comes out. The singers and musicians have been keeping the secrets really well, too. :)Hope you too, are enjoying MR.SUNSHINE. (I've edited out the IG link in your post, the Mods doesn't allow it in quotes but found the related song-clip at the same IG, merci!)

• Like 7