[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

50 minutes ago, aurelionsol said:

@rubie it's winter in the country so it must be a coat. This is my impression... the missionary can also be warmly dressed and in one picture I see local people in the background. 

Come to think of it, if someone or some group purposely kill or injure an American soldier, that would mean war. It would be too much at stake, perhaps it's not Kyle. Whoever it is, soldier or civilian or missionary, it's never a good idea to begin with. Whether it's a warning to intimidate & scare off Eugene, it could only escalate into something bad. Fearing for the worst.. the much-touted scene may appear tomorrow (ep 14) as the cliffhanger.

Anyway, just like Ae Shin's Mr. Haengrang & Ms. Haman.. here are Eugene's self-proclaimed right and left hand men, photos posted by Do Mi ~

• Like 7

For those who are watching Mr Sunshine on Netflix, they are having Episode 13 viewing party on their Facebook tonight. See the invite below.

Never had so much fun live watching a drama like what I am having now with watching Mr Sunshine. I think I will take a look......:D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, aurelionsol said:

@rubie It is also quite possible that Kyle or one of the soldiers covered his body with his coat. Eugene arrived after some time and recognized the body of his stepfather.

Makes sense, doing it out of respect to Eugene's foster father. But somehow.. it feels weird that 90% probably saying it'll be Joseph. Too predictable? Wonder if it'll turn out someone else and we'll be slapping our foreheads instead. Anyway, it's still not a happy scene.

Found this on IG.. looks like MR.SUNSHINE PPL is working well. The candies especially are bestsellers, the cube coffee too. Eugene's music box has found some fans. And now the teacup set is being highly-praised for the unique features. It can't be helped that there has to be PPLs in various scenes, considering that there's no CF breaks. It's obviously not easy to introduce believable items in a period piece without everyone raising one or both eyebrows. th_coffee5.gif

Photos: Kim Hyun-a

• Like 3

@rubie It seems to me that Kyle (best friend) will come up and say a few words of support. Next to Korean women is a man in officer's uniform - Kyle. The missionary probably boasted about his Korean son, 2 women in the back realize that it's Eugene (his cry). I expect a sad scene :( 

Ok.. ok.. funny scene first.. :lol:

Ae Shin on a mission from her English teacher to deliver a message to the American Legation. She translated the Korean words & style of greeting into English. :P Eugene can only laugh at his beloved..

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, rubie said:

This latest capture is only adding the anxiety to the coming episode.. sadness appears so much sooner..

It doesn't show who.. or what.. but .. there's just no happiness after the seaside scene. :tears: As Netflix mentions tears in this weekend's episodes.. tears are what we're getting. :tears:

Source: OSEN

Hide contents

I could be wrong.. it looks like a Marines' uniform (the blue coat).. Kyle???! :o :(

Do you remember the pic of Ae Shin's father shown in last week's episode - the one that was with the assassin who betrayed him so many years ago and is now with Eugene - it had writing on its back, no? So, could the document in Ae Shin's hand be that picture? Maybe Eugene gives it to her and she cries when she sees her father's picture for the first time.  I could be totally wrong and it is some letter from Eugene conveying a tragedy befallen on him. 

@rubieThe new scenes are hilarious. Thanks for posting here. 

• Like 3

@mistergenie That's right! Eugene showed the photo of Ae Shin's father to her. He doesn't hide it from her, EC told AS what she needs to know. Soon, she will find out about the murderer LWI.

There're more than these 2 clips in the particular scene. But this shows that Eugene can't even wipe the tears on Ae Shin's face..  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hmm looks like Eugene will turn rogue in the next episode... If I have to guess, there was probably some sort of conspiracy behind X’s death...

So currently Joseon is having trouble trying to get US to loan money and Japan has been pressuring them as well... Joseon could be the one who killed X and they might try to pin the blame on Japan (aka Lee Wan Ik) to incite the US to make a move...

Gu Dong Mae, on the other hand, was probably suspected of being the one who murdered X under the orders of Japan or Lee Wan Ik hence he was arrested by the US and tortured to reveal the name of the person who gave the order.. 

US has been pretty neutral so far in Joseon but the murder of a US citizen would simply cause a rift between these two countries which would benefit Joseon since this might mean US will finally make a stand against Japan by lending $$ to Joseon to build that railway (for example)... it is like the saying; my enemy’s enemy is my ally...

While investigating X’s death, Eugene would find that all clues and evidence point towards Joseon... That minister who always hovers around the Emperor was probably the one who solicited Potter Hwang’s help in all of this for the good of Joseon.. So Potter Hwang probably ordered someone in the Righteous Army to murder X and make it look like Japan was the one who did the deed.. When Eugene found out, he probably went berserk and went to visit Potter Hwang with that gun in his hand in the previews but Potter Hwang (possibly sensing Eugene’s affection for Ae Shin and vice versa) probably gave AS the order to stand-by and shot whomever came... She probably didn’t foresee that her target this time would be Eugene... Talk about prophecy- she did warn him that she might kill him next when they first met in the pharmacy..

P.S.: Ae Shin’s grandpa was probably the real leader of Righteous Army- who knows. So if Righteous Army did indeed carry out the murder for Joseon then it’d be like Ae Shin’s grandpa was the one who murdered X which would make the romance tad bit more complicated now... Well tad bit is probably too mild of a word- a lot more is probably more appropriate since now Eugene and Ae Shin will have social status and blood stand in between of their growing affections... I hope I am just dead wrong on this one though :mellow:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Emily Wong said:

Hmm looks like Eugene will turn rogue in the next episode... If I have to guess, there was probably some sort of conspiracy behind X’s death...

So currently Joseon is having trouble trying to get US to loan money and Japan has been pressuring them as well... Joseon could be the one who killed X and they might try to pin the blame on Japan (aka Lee Wan Ik) to incite the US to make a move...

Gu Dong Mae, on the other hand, was probably suspected of being the one who murdered X under the orders of Japan or Lee Wan Ik hence he was arrested by the US and tortured to reveal the name of the person who gave the order.. 

US has been pretty neutral so far in Joseon but the murder of a US citizen would simply cause a rift between these two countries which would benefit Joseon since this might mean US will finally make a stand against Japan by lending $$ to Joseon to build that railway (for example)... it is like the saying; my enemy’s enemy is my ally...

While investigating X’s death, Eugene would find that all clues and evidence point towards Joseon... That minister who always hovers around the Emperor was probably the one who solicited Potter Hwang’s help in all of this for the good of Joseon.. So Potter Hwang probably ordered someone in the Righteous Army to murder X and make it look like Japan was the one who did the deed.. When Eugene found out, he probably went berserk and went to visit Potter Hwang with that gun in his hand in the previews but Potter Hwang (possibly sensing Eugene’s affection for Ae Shin and vice versa) probably gave AS the order to stand-by and shot whomever came... She probably didn’t foresee that her target this time would be Eugene... Talk about prophecy- she did warn him that she might kill him next when they first met in the pharmacy..

P.S.: Ae Shin’s grandpa was probably the real leader of Righteous Army- who knows. So if Righteous Army did indeed carry out the murder for Joseon then it’d be like Ae Shin’s grandpa was the one who murdered X which would make the romance tad bit more complicated now... Well tad bit is probably too mild of a word- a lot more is probably more appropriate since now Eugene and Ae Shin will have social status and blood stand in between of their growing affections... I hope I am just dead wrong on this one though :mellow:

hence he was arrested by the US and tortured to reveal the name of the person

The people torturing Dong Mae in the preview are Japanese, not  the U.S. 

Your theory about RA killing Joseph to incite the US against the Japanese is good but I respectfully disagree. Yes, the King's Vice Chamberlain, Lord Leo Jung Mun wanted the potter to ensure that the missionary returned to Hanseong as soon as possible - this could be for two reasons - the King wanted to use Joseph to send a message to the American Minister in Qing or Leo Jung Mun wanted to use Joseph to persuade Eugene to take the King's offer (to train his troops).  If you recall, Ep 1, Joseph and the potter had a friendly relationship - so even if RA are innocent of the crime, Eugene may still end up blaming them because the King, Leo Jung Mun and the RA  - all wanted to use Joseph and this contributed towards his death. The only way I can see that Eugene backs down from his rage is that if he comes to know that Joseph was already willingly helping the King and the RA. 

• Like 10

The leader might be the minister who previously gave orders to the potter.

Spoiler

Based on the preview, torturing and framing DM could possibly be the work of WI to frame AS's grandfather since he intercepted the old man's postage. If I am not mistaken grandfather is supporting the righteous army e.g one of the financier. I guess there are a number of other supporters, hence the letters he was writing to. Man, will DM said that old man's name? I think (hope!) not. D*** WI! Fighting DM!

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Emily Wong said:

What do you mean by turning rogue? and what was it in the preview of episode 14 to make you think that? From what we see, Eugene is still a soldier and he seems to be conducting an investigation into Joseph's death probably. 

It seemed to me that Dong Mae is tortured by Korean or Japanese police, not by American soldiers.

Eugene needs to hear how Ae shin got into the possession of Joseph's letter. She never told him that, but now it becomes important for once he knows that, he can deduce that Lee Wan Ik is involved and that there was something between Joseph and the emperor. It might be that Eugene is upset with the emperor's advisor because the emperor did not take all the precautions to ensure that nothing happens to Joseph. I think it was suggested that Joseph was a go-between person, carrying a message from the emperor to somebody. But LWI came upon this information quite quickly; moreover, the police seems to be loyal to LWI, not the emperor.

If I am correct, then this would fit with Eugene's remark from a previous episode about how clumsy the Righteous army is.  

• Like 10