[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@qwenli I am such angsty trash, so I've been all about Dong Mae's one sided love for Ae Shin. BUT YES. Dong Mae and Hina have such chemistry, you kinda have to wonder how nothing happened between them before this. I mean, it genuinely BAFFLES my mind. 

I'm posting someone else's gif with permission cause LOOK AT THE AESTHETICS

tumblr_pddl96HtUB1u31qbmo2_540.gif

• Like 11

6 hours ago, jimjim_1704 said:

drama OST All Are Great really :)

and I liked the song at the end of ep 12 . Hope they release it soon . 

but anybody knows about that song in ep 11 when Choi Yoojin goes to Jang and think about Ae-shin while shooting the Gun ?

(at 28' - ep 11)

please help me if you know :)

Think it’s Park Won’s song. They just released it on youtube.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, blademan said:

If only Eugune was there as well :lol: 

Creds. Tumblr

@blademan Thanks for liking my gifs and I don't mind reposts on other sites but please do credit my personal tumblr or offer a link to the original post. 

"Creds. Tumblr" is extremely vague and gives no indication as to who the actual creator is. There's a lot of users and posts on Tumblr. Giving credit where it is due helps keep fandom alive otherwise we'd all just be talking into the wind cause creators are afraid to share their work.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gosh! I smiled alot watched episode 12, felt as if I was Ae Shin, fluttered and shyyy. Aw, Eugene! Such a sweet mouth you are! :wub:  

Okay, some thoughts:

- I love the frenemy between those trio; The Fool, The Moron and The Loser! They do care each other, like how DM gave EC information about WI, and of course the tram scene between DM and SH! Awwww, they look cute! Or the frenemy between AS and HN. There might be opportunity for them to cooperate one day, just like the trio who will cooperate to protect AS.

- when I watched EP 12 preview, I wondered why AS passed by EC without saying a word nor smile but teary eyes. Then I think because she is disappointed and sad that EC will soon leave Joseon. She showed that too when she met EC in legacy to translate the letter. Maybe that's also the reason why EC decided to stay longer in Josean.

- But another reason why he stays in Josean longer is because he wants to protect AS, at least teach her how to be sniper using better rifle. 

-Aww and look at this couple, instead of giving her flower or jewelry as a gift, he gave her a Russian rifle! How romantic! Lol

- The trio who love AS, have their own ways to protect AS, awww isn't it nice to be AS? No wonder HN got jealous. But good that HN has new perspective about AS, that's she's not weak noble woman, she got skill with rifle!

- I sense there will be more sad scenes after the happy ones we got in Ep 12! :unsure:

- It seems like the writer try to lead us to believe that it will be a sad ending, which maybe she will turn it to be a happy ending ( I HOPE!! )

- The bloody hand EC hold in the preview of EP 13. I also think that it's Joseph. He's on the way to meet him. Guess it's WI's order. And DM being tortured! And EC's there too! I hope he will help him there!:tears:

Okay that's all my thoughts for now. I hope Saturday comes soooonnn!

• Like 8

I have the impression that the man whose bloody hand EC is holding could be Joseph, the missionary. Sure, the other possibility is the gunman GN, AS's master. But to me, it makes sense why Joseph could be WI's target. In the preview, we see DM arrested and tortured. In my opinion, EC will use his position and come to his rescue therefore WI will retaliate against EC and kill Joseph as he knows very well what Joseph means to him after reading the letter. We shouldn't forget that WI read the letter therefore he knows that EC is in love with a woman. So when the traitor asked if EC was married, his intention was to know the identity of the loved woman. Moreover, I sense that he also saw a possibility to use EC if he could marry him to his daughter. But based on the preview, since EC meddles in WI's business, the latter will realize that EC is his enemy hence he is looking for another party: HS. The latter is the perfect candidate for his daughter.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I have the impression that the man whose bloody hand EC is holding could be Joseph, the missionary. Sure, the other possibility is the gunman GN, AS's master. But to me, it makes sense why Joseph could be WI's target. In the preview, we see DM arrested and tortured. In my opinion, EC will use his position and come to his rescue therefore WI will retaliate against EC and kill Joseph as he knows very well what Joseph means to him after reading the letter. We shouldn't forget that WI read the letter therefore he knows that EC is in love with a woman. So when the traitor asked if EC was married, his intention was to know the identity of the loved woman. Moreover, I sense that he also saw a possibility to use EC if he could marry him to his daughter. But based on the preview, since EC meddles in WI's business, the latter will realize that EC is his enemy hence he is looking for another party: HS. The latter is the perfect candidate for his daughter.

I think it's Joseph too. 
LVI said he didnt finish reading the letter.

He is curious why someone stole it (we know thief - AS). 

AS was mentioned at the end of letter (AS-EC scene and meeting in his office). It seems to me that he happily didnt discover this information. AS is temporarily safe.
Yes. He realy meddle in his business (saving DM). This may be the reason for Joseph death.

VI dont know that EC is in love and hence the question whether he has a wife. (VI-EC meeting Glory hotel)

HS is a better party (the richest man in the country). Accidental collision and meeting.

The writers again tease the fans and combined the scenes in the preview

AS grandfather - HS meeting 

Grandfather say "take AS with u"

I think HS say "She have another man. I know who - Eugene Choi acting consul, captain US army"

This is how grandfather finds out about AS EC relationship

• Like 4

Episode 12 has to be one of the most touching episodes.

Loved the face off between the two strong female characters! I also loved how they met up later on to come to an understanding of what happened that night. That "will they be clawing each others eyes out" tension was there, it actually made me really anxious lol

We find EC and AS finally come back together with an understanding that their moment together is not forever so why not just enjoy each other's company; treasure each moment together while they still can? The courtship in the show was adorable and beautiful, it put a smile on my face the entire time they were having their exchange but it kept reminding me that neither DM or HS had a chance :(

HS showing how different he is from his father and grandfather was also great. Asking the store owner to continue buying from the water seller (?) showed that there's so much more to him than his jokes and flirting. 

My favorite scene was DM visiting the temple and his conversation with AS' parents. The vulnerability he showed as he poured his heart out to them was beautiful and painful. You can really feel how much love he has for AS. His flashback on having AS be the first person he ever cut with his blade was moving.

Ugh this entire episode was amazing, I can't wait until we get to see more of the righteous army fights tho. 

ps: apologies for the run on sentences :sweatingbullets:

• Like 8

August 12, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Criminal Caught by Lee Byung-hun Betrayed Jin Goo

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo993999.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine", Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun) started investigating Lee Wan-ik (Kim Eui-sung).

Eugene asked Im Gwan-soo (Jo Woo-jin) about Lee Wan-ik and found out he was on intimate terms with Ito Hirobumi. Later, Eugene started questioning the person he's captured. The man asked for water and medicine, but Eugene ignored him. Then he asked how long he'd been there.

Eugene replied, "You knew you were going to get out". He took out a picture of the man with three other men. In the picture was also Go Ae-shin's (Kim Tae-ri) father.

Eugene said, "This picture must be old. Who are these people? What do they have to do with you?" The man replied, "One is the one I killed and another one is going to kill me". He thought of Go Ae-shin's parents who died because of his betrayal. After he was released, he saw Go Ae-shin and had a seizure.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Although there is no future for them as in AS ‘s words, that didn’t stop them from seizing the day.  Enjoy and embrace the love while you still have the chance.  That’s the gist i get from the OTP.  

I have to admit, i love KES style of writing, the words, the sentence just so beautiful.  Sometimes it’s like a poem  :heart:

• Like 7

Ok... Done with ep 12. Now my first thought, what's up with that last song? :smirk: Ok, moving on:

- I am not gonna talk much of the happy lovebirds. Ladies, you must be smiling even in your sleep now that you get all those PDAs, despite the public here being the sun, the sky, the trees,  the birds, the rifles and the horses, oh and how can I forget the beloved spectators, uri Soompiers, hehehe :smiley: See, told you we won't be lacking that. 

- Finally, Hotaru! Arghhh but not in a good environment! I have been replaying that scenes. Love love the emotional stares of Yujo. Finally seeing some emotions from that face! I believe this is another adjustments made towards DM's character where they described how even the Japanese loath the Mushin Society a.k.a the Ronins. It was sad how they're living to survive on their own and still can't avoid the scorns. DM and the gang are slowly creating enemies from the Japan camp.

- HN and AS, love the grace these ladies possess. Their conversations reminds me of those many encounters between EC and DM. 

- DM's confession to AS's parents. He looks so sorrowful. That music.... :cry: How I wish that AS was hiding somewhere and listened to that and then perhaps not hate him that much and tell him to find another girl he can love and for him to move on. I know, not happening.

- The scene when DM saved HN. I don't know but I have this feeling that maybe she has feelings for him before. Before she knew there's another girl in his heart. It's good that he felt disturb that she was mad at him to the point of asking a favor as payment for it. Maybe this is one thing that she has never done before towards him, despite his many wrong deeds, she may have not complained or angry at him that much. "I'm too handsome to be hated.." *sigh* my heart.hopeless. He said that has always been the case with her, but not this time. I think he knew she held him in a special place in her heart. I really really hope that this is going to be the turning point between these two. The beginning point for them. Although he will always be grateful towards AS, he can find new love and solace with HN, same goes to HN as well. So far, her feelings towards EC is not as strong. It seems like a short-term infatuation/admiration. The look she gave DM as he walks away, mirrors the one when she received the handkerchief from EC, but with much more feelings in DM's case. The tones of their voices when they had that conversation under the umbrella were just... loveeeee........ like hearing lover's talk. Am I right, ladies? Or maybe I ate too much sugar just now :blush: hehehehe....

- WI mentioned DM's name, so I think he assumed DM is the main suspect since it was DM's men that took the guards away from the house and that DM was not where he was supposed to be e.g. he was busy worrying for and saving HN.

- In the preview I think it's DM's voice saying he pulled the trigger. Is he gonna be sacrificed this soon? andwae!:cry: I want HN to be involved too... maybe in cleaning all those bloodied scars and ehem *cough* six pack *cough* and taking care of the wounded black knight with that soft heart hehehehe... one can only dream and wish for some...snow :blush: ehehehehe

- yup, agreeing with some of you ladies, Joseph is the next victim. I think that is a wood cross in the hand EC was holding.

- oh, I have to say this, KMJ is so gorgeously beautiful as HN. I have watched her in quite a number of production but her looks in here is the best. I felt like watching elements from the many leading ladies in Amanda Quick's books. She is one author who creates sassy, classy, brave, elegant and intelligent leading ladies. 

Ok back to normal life till Saturday comes again! Keep the discussion running ladies!

Cheers!

• Like 10

Maybe it's just me because I browse for news (related dramas and movies) everyday.. but apart from the two 'controversial' articles by The Korea Times in July, there seems to be no English updates on MR.SUNSHINE in August. th_dontknow.gifWhether it's the ratings news or anything on the Korean (English) media or entertainment (news) blogs.. such as ours truly. Maybe it's the new layout that we can't find the usual updates or maybe no one is watching to write about it. Perhaps, that is for the best as some blogs do become toxic with mere mention of MR. SUNSHINE th_locked.gif so, it's a silver lining somewhere. 

Nevertheless, thanks so much to Chungmuro Crumb for always highlighting positive news about the drama, keeping us in the loop.

Well done to MR.SUNSHINE and the main cast! th_rockon.gif

• Like 7

@miracle23 regarding the tones of DM and Hina when they are speaking under the umbrella, they sound more like good friends to me.

The thing with these two is that I believe they have their fair share of relationships and love affairs. Hina was already married and seeing how nonchalant she is about DM walking into her bathtime just showed how worldly she is. Ahem.

As for DM, he must have had that pet human Hotoru for awhile. She probably was a damsel in distress that he took in. What sort of relationship they have is up to interpretation but she seems to be there all the time and he probably has his manly needs being an ahem healthy sword wielding man.

My point is, perhaps two tired worldly souls dont excite each other very much. So one admire the uniform wearing soldier and the other is a crazy fan boy of a noble lady. :D

Then again, both of them holding Japanese ID cards made it all so convenient for them to live happily ever after. I guess for now, KES is leaving it open.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2