[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Does the director/writter have a history of good ending's if so we got a decent chance , will most likely be a good ending but then you read the history or we might get a flash forward.

Reveal hidden contents

Im watching Mr Sunshine,Fu yao,Legend of Yun Xi ,whats wrong with secretary kim  as well ;p 

Hi chingu @Wotad

Spoiler

I have seen some of her dramas ending as open endings. Some have happily ever after. Depending on the type of drama. 

I would recommend you watch Goblin and Lovers. My ultimate favorite. I have watched them many times. Lol lol 

My signature tell you what’s i am watching right now.

HI everyone.

Just wanna say hello. It's my first time here. Been watching Mr Sunshine in Netflix. Wanted to drop this until the series is completed since waiting for episodes weekly is such a pain in anticipation, but I can't seem to let go of it. Will back read this thread for insights in a while. :)

Also, I have a feeling this series will end tragically for most characters but I also don't mind Lady Ae-sin and Eugene Choi's 4,281,128, 121 year age gap. hahaha. Cheers!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I am debating if I should wait until the drama finishes airing so I can marathon or watch it weekly on Netflix... Leaning to do the former since I would like to know if it ends happily or not... I hate watching dramas with sad endings lol

• Like 2

"Gun, glory and sad ending"

I think those ominous three words will be pretty much how the story progresses. I think Eugene and Aeshin will fight against the Japanese as a common enemy, fall in love in the process, but will ultimately find themselves on opposite sides and one will kill the other. Or another person from one side will kill one of them.

• Like 4

Hi everyone! Glad to enjoy this drama with the rest of you!!! Given that this is taking place some ~20-30 years before liberation in 1945, I'm sure we're in for some sad endings for some of our characters. It will be fun to see how each of them who have strong reasons to resent their homeland become willing to lay it all on the line!

• Like 6

reverse harem~

my fantasy :wub:

out of those 3 men, my heart fall for Goo Dongmae, I'm a sucker for Yoo Yeon Seok<3

but Kim Heesung.... ah, I can see myself fall for him too.

and Eugene... hmm I'm gonna pass

• Like 4

July 15, 2018

"Mr. Sunshine" Kim Min-jung Helps Kim Tae-ri to Benefit Herself

Source: Xportsnews via HanCinema.net

photo987707.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "Mr. Sunshine", Go Ae-sin (Kim Tae-ri) was in danger of a search by the US Army.

Go Ae-sin was shaken up by the appearance of Eugene Choi (Lee Byung-hun). She thought that he was, like her, from Joseon and glared at him, but someone joined them before she could speak.

Kudo Hina (Kim Min-jung) asked, "Will you exchange clothes with me? As you can see, I can't hide anything in my clothes. Moreover, I can't stay here any longer as I have to get ready for a party. My name is Kudo Hina and I own Glory Hotel. Mr. Choi, I would like the VIP cart".

Go Ae-sin thanked her for her help, but she said, "This is all because the Joseon are foolish. Well, I make a living thanks to the them, my Japanese husband died and so I became the owner of the hotel. A young widow like me is very popular with the white people. I am like the main character of a sad movie. It's a sad ending".

After seeing Eugene at her hotel, she told her maid, "I've seen him, looking at another woman. I tried to stop him, but I've ended up helping him. I'm saying, I might bite someone".

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ilovejasminnie said:

HI everyone.

Just wanna say hello. It's my first time here. Been watching Mr Sunshine in Netflix. Wanted to drop this until the series is completed since waiting for episodes weekly is such a pain in anticipation, but I can't seem to let go of it. Will back read this thread for insights in a while. :)

Also, I have a feeling this series will end tragically for most characters but I also don't mind Lady Ae-sin and Eugene Choi's 4,281,128, 121 year age gap. hahaha. Cheers!

I thought i would hate the age gap but i dont ;p

5 hours ago, Emily Wong said:

I am debating if I should wait until the drama finishes airing so I can marathon or watch it weekly on Netflix... Leaning to do the former since I would like to know if it ends happily or not... I hate watching dramas with sad endings lol

We dont know they made a hint.

5 hours ago, solarisk said:

"Gun, glory and sad ending"

I think those ominous three words will be pretty much how the story progresses. I think Eugene and Aeshin will fight against the Japanese as a common enemy, fall in love in the process, but will ultimately find themselves on opposite sides and one will kill the other. Or another person from one side will kill one of them.

I agree i got a feeling one will die, maybe from hands of fiance? 

4 hours ago, ryudian said:

reverse harem~

my fantasy :wub:

out of those 3 men, my heart fall for Goo Dongmae, I'm a sucker for Yoo Yeon Seok<3

but Kim Heesung.... ah, I can see myself fall for him too.

and Eugene... hmm I'm gonna pass

I agree with you about the guys but i still think Eugene has a amazing smile. 

• Like 2

July 15, 2018

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” And “Mr. Sunshine” Top List Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas

Source: Soompi by J. Lim 

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim-Mr.-Sunshine.jpg

tvN’s “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” continues to be a drama that attracts high interest!

This list of Most Buzzworthy Dramas of the week was released on July 16, showing “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” on top for the sixth consecutive week. “Mr. Sunshine” is right behind its heels, coming in at second place with just a one percent difference.

Check out the full list of Moss Buzzworthy Dramas below!

1. tvN’s “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” (17.48 percent)
2. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine” (16.27 percent)
3. OCN’s “Life on Mars” (7.2 percent)
4. JTBC’s “Miss Hammurabi” (5.15 percent)
5. KBS2’s “Are You Human, Too?” (4.59 percent)
6. MBC’s “Come and Hug Me” (4.11 percent)
7. tvN’s “Let’s Eat 3: Begins” (3.79 percent)
8. SBS’s “Wok of Love” (3.47 percent)
9. SBS’s “Let Me Introduce Her” (3.26 percent)
10. KBS2’s “to. Jenny” (3.23 percent)

tvN drama actors took over the top ten list of Most Buzzworthy Actors, taking nine out of the ten slots. Park Seo Joon topped the list, joined by “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” co-stars Park Min Young in second place and Lee Tae Hwan in fifth place. “Mr. Sunshine” stars Kim Tae Ri, Lee Byung Hun, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Byun Yo Han took third, fourth, sixth, and seventh place respectively. They were joined by “Let’s Eat 3” leads Yoo Doojoon and Baek Jin Hee in eighth and ninth place. The only non-tvN drama actor was Jung Kyung Ho in tenth place from OCN’s “Life on Mars.”

Most Buzzworthy Actors

1. Park Seo Joon

2. Park Min Young

3. Kim Tae Ri

4. Lee Byung Hun

5. Lee Tae Hwan 

6. Yoo Yeon Seok

7. Byun Yo Han

8. Yoo Doojoon

9. Baek Jin Hee

10. Jung Kyung Ho

Good Data Corporation’s “Most Buzzworthy” lists analyzed 32 dramas that are airing or are set to air. They research responses from online news articles, blog posts, online communities, social media, and video comments. The data was collected between July 9 and July 15.

Source (1)

• Like 2

What a nice scene when Dong Mae was looking at Ae Shin through the window,

as she was laughing and trying french pastries.

The same as their quiet meeting infront of her palanquin.

Ae Shin's  calm sentence, that she looks at him that way because he is a traitor,

was sharper than his sword.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rubie said:

Sound-emitting fruit candy PPL from French Bakery/Paris Baguette established way back in Joseon..

I didn't know they could insert PPLs into a historical drama :w00t:

P/S : I think Ae Shin & Eugene look nice together. For a man that age in 1900s; it's normal to pair up with a 29s lady. Not to mention Ae Shin is from a noble family.

Plus, Lee Byung Hun looks really young for his age.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1

@rubie.thank you for clearing the changing cloth thingy..maybe the version that I watched, the subbed is kinda vague, I was cracking my brain out trying to understand the significant of the scene...hehehe..kamsahanida

Similar to the rest of you, yeah, I think following KES legacy is writing rom-historical-melodrama, this will be another open ending one (with some hint of sad ending). Just out of curiosity, especially to those who are Korean history experts in this thread, are any of these characters based on real person? Or is this like Titanic i.e the event is true but the characters are fictional? Anyway, if the answer is yes i.e the characters are made up, then we can have more latitude in predicting how all of these characters will end, give and take it suits the historical timeline. .As for me, I predicted that the sad ending refers to the ending of both Dong Mae and Kudo Hina as we know how the Japanese troop ended in the Korean war. Kim Hee Sung will also have sad ending too, given his grandfather pretty much was responsible for all the chaos in Joseon. The lead characters or the OTP, on the other hand,  will have an open ending. I think Eugene Choi will go back to America to finish up his service and Lady Ae Shin will remain to help her people build up the country again. 

Having said that, I have no high expectation for the ending (read: not expecting any happy ending) for the OTP. But I would like to see more interaction between the OTP in each episode as we get there. In the last 2 latest eps, the time they appear in any scene together is rather limited, IMHO. I believe this is intended by the writer and PD nim so that we can focus on the history but still I was not really satisfied. When I said more interaction, I dont meant all those usual romantic moment (even if there are many scenes whereby Eugene Choi could do more than just staring at her..hehehe..like put her shoes on for her at the tailor shop or maybe rock the boat until both of them fell into the lake and he could save her, or put on the hair clip for her, etc) But after watching DOTS and Goblin, I learn not to expect the "usual romantic" scenes from both KES and the PD nim( which I'm okay with it since i already had my weekly dose from "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?" hehehe)  but I do expect a fresh, creative interaction scenes between the OTP, including during the time they work together in fighting their common enemies which are the Japanese (p/s I would like to see more of scenes like on the rooftop and the hand over face thingy). And I hope we will get more of that in the next 20 episodes even if they do not end up  together..

#justmy2cents

• Like 6

July 16, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: Episode 3

by dramallama Dramabeans.com

sunshine-03-00064.jpg

We discover more about this new Joseon alongside Eugene, as he tries to reconcile his past and navigate the various forces that pique his curiosity. One certain curiosity leads him to the mysterious Dong-mae, and we learn how Dong-mae’s past shaped him into a man of notoriety. Ae-shin and Eugene continue to straddle the line between friend and foe, trying to judge whether they can reveal all their cards. In the process, relationships are revealed, broken, and redefined to show each person’s loyalties.

EPISODE 3 RECAP (HERE)

• Like 3