Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Fans of MR.SUNSHINE on twitter particularly would remember all the wonderful artwork shared, right? Posting this message at the thread, thank you so much from us & see you again! mrs.jpg 

Source: d-2 deacc @ppeanutbutt

btw happy (super late, sorry) #MrSunshine1YearAnniversary, Sunshiners! Mr. & Mrs. Choi are delighted to inform their beloved fam that they're alive, safe, healthy and happily married in their first year together in NY :):):) #MrSunshine

1080x360

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Source: GMA The Heart Of Asia @OfficialGMAHOA

Don't forget to watch and tweet later! Our hashtag for today: #MrSunshine

The star-studded and award-winning Korean drama is coming to The Heart of Asia! #MrSunshine begins tonight!

• Like 1

September 3, 2019

Most Users Watch TV on Their Smartphones

By Ku Bon-woo The Chosun Ilbo

Six out of 10 smartphone users use their phones to watch TV. The Korea Communications Commission polled 4,000 smartphone users, 2,000 computer users and 3,000 households with video on demand-enabled TVs.

Some 59.95 percent said they watch TV on their mobile phones, but only 26.2 percent watch on their computers.

Meanwhile, the most watched program on demand was costume romance "Mr. Sunshine" aired on cable channel tvN last year. 

2019090300480_0.jpg

Overall, SBS programs were the most watched on VOD, and entertainment programs were watched for the longest period of time.

Videos made specifically for smartphones were watched mostly by men and teenagers, and conventional TV programs were watched mostly by women and those in their 20s.

• Like 2

Source: @illejins

Finished watching Mr. Sunshine over the weekend I'm gone from Twitter. It left quite an impact on me since it tackled about the colonial years. I consider it to be one of the best and greatest drama ever! Gosh, my tears! Gun, Glory, Sad Ending.

• Like 2

At last, we will have our Mr. Sunshine Blu-ray. Here is the announcement from official cafe (for Mr. Sunshine Blu-ray)

Greetings!

We are so happy to announce a delightful news right before Chuseok holiday. Finally, Mr. Sunshine Blu-ray will be released on Sept. 30th. It coincides with the last day of our beloved 5 characters, one year ago. Hope this is the memorable gift to you for the unforgettable day.

Public sale will be scheduled separately after the release. Please wait and check our official notice board.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

mrs.jpg   행복한 한가위 되세요

Wishing all a bright Chuseok & Happy Mid-Autumn Festival

Art by Kristin Moon

• Like 2

This drama is a such piece of art, tragically yet beautifully written. I can feel how the writer treasures this series by putting her whole heart into this script and throwing away all the excessive fan services (which I think she accidentally threw away too much :( - Give me back my almost-K scene!)

I am so angry seeing Aeshin push Eugene away saying she wants him to live (I desperately want them to be fighting together). But then I have some thoughts. Just like Eugene once said "I’m worried for myself", Aeshin wants him to live mostly because she's worried for herself.

Before Eugene came, saving Joseon was all what she devoted her life to. Falling in love with Eugene had never been a part of her plan. She wanted to be with him but could not abandon her ideal. Since then, the target of her life may have gradually shifted to being together with Eugene in a freed Joseon. She was acting selfishly when pushing Eugene away knowing he wanted nothing else than to be with her because she was having a fragile hope that one day they could be together, when Joseon is freed again. That hope might give her strength to stay alive. She wanted to have someone to think about, knowing that he was somewhere thinking about her too.

That reminds me of a quote in Mulan - Rise of a warrior

Spoiler

Someone once said, go too far from home and you will lose your roots. Kill too many people and you will forget yourself. If you die in battle, your life will sink into the ground like rain and vanish without a trace. If at that time, you fall in love with someone, hope will blossom again from the earth and embrace life with passion.

I am getting too emotional after listening to an OST :D Those are my  hopeless effort to understand our characters after the heart-broken ending. I should stop here haha. I still have many things to say about all the characters and the plot. Maybe another time.

P.S

Ending line - "Goodbye Mr. Sunshine. In a freed nation, see you again."

Is this hint for a sequence?  :D Every time our OTP say "See you again", they always keep their words.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

September 1, 2019

The Best Period Drama TV Series Streaming on Netflix

Megan Elliott | ShowbizCheatSheet

If you love period drama, then you need Netflix. Sure, the streaming service have a solid collection of period films in its library, but where it really shines is in its collection of historical TV series. From widely praised originals like The Crown to foreign-language gems like Cable Girls, Netflix has got you covered whatever your favorite historical era.

‘Outlander’ 

‘The Crown’ 

‘Cable Girls’ 

‘Alias Grace’

‘Call the Midwife’ 

‘North and South’ 

‘Shaka Zulu’ 

‘Mr. Sunshine’
This Korean drama set in the late 19th century focuses on Eugene Cho (Lee Byung-hun), who grew up in the United States but returns to his native country as an adult, where he falls for a noblewoman Go Ae-shin (Kim Tae-ri). Mr. Sunshine is just one season long, but there are 24 episodes, some running more than 90 minutes, so there’s plenty to keep you entertained.

‘Mad Men’ 

‘Versailles’ 

Caricature by zhangwen0716

• Like 3

A present update highlighting a previous article mrs.jpg

September 25, 2019

Digital Idea Returns With "Vagabond"

By William Schwartz HanCinema.net

Spoiler

photo1104688.jpg

While "Hotel Del Luna" had many popular elements bolstering its popularity, one of the easier ones to overlook were the drama's special effects, which convincingly came together to form a portrait of a purgatorial dream world. Digital Idea, the VFX company behind "Hotel Del Luna", now has another chance to shine with the premiere of "Vagabond".

They had to make an impact from the beginning, as a crucial aspect of the drama's opening revolves around an airplane crash. A representative for Digital Idea said that making the scene work required years of technical know-how from the staff. The car chases, too, required a similar degree of seasoned experience from veteran visual effects technicians.

Digital Idea was founded in 1998 and has other famed dramas to its credit, including "Memories of the Alhambra", "Mr. Sunshine", and "Goblin". They were also responsible for the computer graphic effects in the blockbuster films "The Great Battle", "Train to Busan", "Ode to My Father", "The Tower", "The Thieves", and most recently "Exit - Movie".

Written by William Schwartz

August 6, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: VFX Breakdown by Digital Idea

Source: VFX Online

201808030834250410_2.jpg?w=616

Have a look at the VFX work made by Digital Idea for the South Korean television series Mr. Sunshine.

Mr. Sunshine is a 2018 South Korean television series written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Lee Eung-bok (ko), starring Lee Byung-hun, Kim Tae-ri, Yoo Yeon-seok, Kim Min-jung and Byun Yo-han. The series is set in Hanseong (the former name of Seoul) in early 1900s, and focuses on activists fighting for Korea’s independence. The series airs every Saturday and Sunday on tvN starting from July 7, 2018. It premiered internationally on Netflix.

‘Mr. Sunshine’ is focusing attention on cutting-edge visual effects (VFX) that make the modern life alive.

The TVN Saturday drama “Mr. Sunshine” (played by Kim Eun-sook / director Lee Bok-bok), broadcast on July 29, has renewed its own highest audience rating again. Lee Byung-hun – Kim Tae Ri – Hyungseok Kim – Min Jung Kim – Sung Jo Han actors such as super luxury act and magic, Ambassadors’, and exciting storytelling, and the visual beauty that makes it impossible to keep an eye on them, captures the audience’s theater with harmony.

Read the rest of article and more images HERE

• Like 2

biff2019.jpg

Thanks ti the highlight by @BillyRocks_13 on twitter

~The Best creative award goes to Studio Dragon for MR.SUNSHINE in 1st Asia Contents Awards 2019!! congrats.gif

Congratulations #MrSunshine and to all the #Sunshiners!! mrs.jpg

• Like 2

October 6, 2019

“Mr. Sunshine,” Kim Nam Gil, Kim Jaejoong, And More Win At 1st Asia Contents Awards

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

“Mr. Sunshine,” Kim Nam Gil, Kim Jaejoong, And More Win At 1st Asia Contents Awards

On October 6, the very first Asia Contents Awards (ACA) were held at Dongseo University’s Sohyang Theater in Centum City, Busan.

The Asia Contents Awards celebrate TV dramas from Asian regions like South Korea, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the ASEAN countries. The nominees were chosen from dramas that aired within the past five years.

2018’s “Mr. Sunshine” won the Best Creative Award, the top award given at ACA. Chief producer (CP) Kim Yong Gyu accepted the trophy and said, “The Korean drama industry is changing. We are working towards that change. I think that ‘Mr. Sunshine’ is a production that represents that change. If people show it a lot of love, then we can return with an even better production next time.”

Screenwriter Park Hae Young won the Best Writer Award for 2018’s “My Ahjussi.” In her acceptance speech, she said, “I think that the drama was able to get good reviews because the director, actors, and production staff brought the script to life.”

Kim Nam Gil won one of the Best Actor Awards for his work in 2019’s “The Fiery Priest.” He said, “There are many people from all over Asia here, and people who represent the Korean film and TV industries. Rather than thinking of this award as something that shows how good I am, I’m just happy to be accepting an award at a ceremony like the Asia Contents Awards, which celebrates harmony in the middle of a society that focuses on individualism.”

Kim Jaejoong won the Excellence Award and said, “I am sincerely honored to have won this award at the first Asia Contents Awards. Please enjoy your time in Busan and I hope that the Busan International Film Festival will receive more love in the future.”

Check out the full list of winners below:

Best Creative Award: “Mr. Sunshine” (Korea) mrs.jpg

Best Asia Drama: “Hormones: The Series” (Thailand), “Faculty” (Singapore)

Excellence Award: Kim Jaejoong (Korea)

Best Actor Award: Lei Jiayin (China), Kim Nam Gil (Korea), Yamada Takayuki (Japan)

Best Actress Award: Yao Chen (China), Maja Salvador (Philippines)

Lifetime Achievement Award: Raymond Lee Wai Man (Hong Kong)

Best Writer Award: Park Hae Young (Korea), Lu Shih-Yuan (Taiwan)

Best Rising Star: Fang Rong (Singapore)

Best Newcomer: Kemisara Paladesh (Thailand), Sananthachat Thanapatpisal (Thailand), Jin Xiong Hao (China), Zhang Da Fei (China), Morita Misato (Japan)

Congratulations to the winners!

Source (1) (2) (3) (4)

• Like 3

October 7, 2019

Korea's 'Mr. Sunshine' wins top TV drama award at Busan film festival

BUSAN, Oct. 7 (Yonhap) -- "Mr. Sunshine," a South Korean TV drama about the country's resistance movement against Japanese colonialists, has won the top prize at the inaugural Asian Content Awards of the Busan International Film Festival.

The awards were created to recognize Asia's outstanding TV and streaming series that aired within the past five years. The awards ceremony was held Sunday as part of the film festival under way in the southern port city from last Thursday to this coming Saturday.

Kim Yong-gyu, chief producer of the 2018 hit drama, received the Best Creative Award. The Best Asia Drama prize was shared by Thailand's "Hormones: The Series" and Singapore's "Faculty."

The Best Actor Award went to China's Lei Jia Yin of "The Longest Day in Chang'an," Korea's Kim Nam-gil of "The Fiery Priest" and Japan's Yamada Takayuki of "The Naked Director."

China's Yao Chen of "All Is Well" and the Philippines' Maja Salvador of "Wild Flower" were the co-winners of the Best Actress Award.

The Best Writer Award was given to Korea's Park Hae-young of "My Ahjussi" and Taiwan's Lu Shih-yuan of "The World Between Us."

Kim Jae-joong, a Korean singer-turned-actor, won the Excellence Award, while Raymond Lee Wai-man, a Hong Kong TV director and producer, won the Lifetime Achievement Award.

A poster of "Mr. Sunshine" provided by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A poster of "Mr. Sunshine" provided by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

• Like 3

October 8, 2019

Busan hosts Asia Content Awards

By Lee Jae-lim INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

The first Asia Contents Awards (ASA) ceremony was hosted at Sohyang Theater in Busan on Sunday evening.

The event was co-hosted by the Busan International Film Festival (BIFF) and the Asian Film Market (AFM) to acknowledge talented actors from television drama series produced over the past five years.

The nine awards were: Best Creative, Best Asian Drama, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Writer, Best Rising Star, New Corner, Lifetime Achievement Award and Excellence Award.

Local talents that took home the prizes include actor Kim Nam-gil, who received the Best Actor award for his performance in SBS drama “The Fiery Priest” this year. The actor has received a total of five awards for his role in the drama, including Outstanding Korean Actor and Excellent Korean Drama at the 14th Seoul International Drama Awards and Best Actor and Best Short or Mid-Length Drama at the 46th Korean Broadcasting Awards.

“I didn’t put that much significance into receiving so many prizes at first for ‘The Fiery Priest,’” the actor said at the ASA ceremony. “But I’m so happy to keep on receiving credit for the drama. I dedicate this award to the crew for our outstanding teamwork.”

Singer and actor Kim Jae-joong received the Excellence Award for his active career on stage and screen in Korea, China and Japan. Producer Kim Yong-kyu of the production company Studio Dragon received the Best Creative award for his drama series “Mr. Sunshine” (2018). Also, one of the Best Writer awards went to scriptwriter Park Hae-young for her work on tvN drama “My Mister” (2018).

• Like 3

Source: taeri_yeosin

After 1 year and ten days... Finally I see you again, Dongji 
This morning, finally I received this beautiful package. My hand was trembling so much when I opened it every disc, page of photobook, and all the goodies are so beautifully crafted....
I won't share any content from it here, because all the buyers are prohibited to post any contents, images or video. All that i could say, it's really worth for every penny and my waiting for it was not in vain....

• Like 2