Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Bruce Lee, perhaps?

Awesome translation @mistymorning, can't thank you enough!th_katt.gif

Hahaha, I really have no idea. Or Jet Li, Jackie Chen? 

If you look at the first clip, you'll notice that Hamandaek is moving her head with Eugene in sync when he does the pose. So funny :D

Also, in APAN, Mr. Sunshine is the most nominated drama. 7 nominations. Kudos to all the actors/actresses/production staffs for their efforts! Hope they'll get this one and other awards that will come later. 

• Like 5

The nominations news are coming out .. left and right, for tv and also films of 2017-2018. It's that time again, the awards season. It's already a great deal to be recognized and nominated, win or lose is anyone's game. But indeed, the whole production -- the crew and cast have worked so remarkably well. Through the long duration they endured the changes of weather, the long tiring days and nonstop filming. A big applause for everyone in MR.SUNSHINE. Now, it's the time for the fans & supporters to appreciate all their effort and hard work for an amazing outcome

Clip: tvN Drama

• Like 6

Finally news of the last OST Part 15 that we have been waiting for. It will be released on 30th Sep at 6pm. I am getting nervous. Will it really be Eugene who will die? 

• Like 6

I like the album cover - "How Can I Forget" release date 6 pm KST on Sunday, 30 September.

@charray thanks we posted at the same time. English translation of the article, thanks to a HCY fan.

• Like 7

So happy to see the flour proposal scene featured as the OST cover, it's simply unique yet beautiful and especially meaningful.

Who knew that the word LOVE or as Ae Shin mentioned it "LO-BU" became the word used by Eugene to propose. He may not get down on one knee and ask gently but the intention is just as special, one that's possible for him at the time given the situation. When Ae Shin first realized the true meaning of the word, she was shocked but still intrigued.. now she knows why the word meant something even harder to do in life. 

Finally.. the word LOVE became a special character in MR.SUNSHINE. :wub: 

mrsun21_02.gif

mrsun21_03.gif

mrsun21_04.gif

At the beginning, both Eugene and Ae Shin have taken the steps to be comrades in LOVE.. now at the most important time of their lives, they must fight their way to LIVE.

Hopefully, HOW CAN I FORGET will signify a happier.. oh, make that a memorable conclusion for the drama.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, rubie said:

So happy to see the flour proposal scene featured as the OST cover, it's simply unique yet beautiful and especially meaningful.

@rubie if only "How Can I Forget" were played during this flour proposal scene, then perhaps people won't associate the OST with death scenes and fill viewers with dread whenever the song is played.

A HCY fan hana7102_chiyeuleader made this video:

Spoiler

• Like 6

Hi! I'm not ignoring anyone. And I'm sorry. I don't know what episode we're on. I haven't watch this drama in a long time. I hope everyone is enjoying it! I think Lee Byung Hyun is an amazing actor. I know I'm from the U.S. I liked the movies he did here in the U.S too! I don't think I can judge his acting. I do like him as an actor. I think the other actors are great too. So please ignore this!

Calling you here @Carmarie! You said you are watching this. I hope you enjoy this drama :).

Me to you:

Image result for kdrama gif lee byung hun 2018

credit to owner.

Bye, my friend :blush:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 4

Hi @2handsintertwined, been wondering where you've been. We're still here and there's only 2 more episodes of MR.SUNSHINE to go.. so sad because it's ending this weekend. :( Wished there would be more episodes to watch but it's only 24+1 in total. Hopefully you will catch up soon and share with us your thoughts. Even after 'the ending', still hope more new fans would stop by to talk about the drama. Btw, love the Eugene gif! :lol:

What you see below are spoilers from the drama (for those who have not seen it) but there are still bigger spoilers to come.. not necessarily good ones but we hope we are wrong. We just don't know how the drama would end. Boo-hoo!

@charray The J.estina bag PPL is definitely a win-win for the drama. Looks really lovely on Ae Shin and it's not appearing out of place or era.

Not letting you go..

mrsun21_05.gif

The train-ring.. truly beautiful but so sad..

mrsun21_06.gif

• Like 7

Another BTS making video on Naver. This one is on YYS and KMJ on the beach scene and KMJ and KTR fighting scene

• Like 6

Come Sunday night, I am going to spoil myself silly by finding out in advance if the ending is sad or not. Due to my high, and some might rightfully say, an irrational emotional investment in this fictional show, I don't think I can handle watching the finale, if it is tragic. Who else is in the same boat as I am?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Come Sunday night, I am going to spoil myself silly in advance by finding out if the ending is sad or not. Due to my high, and some might say, an irrational emotional investment in this fictional show, I don't think I can handle watching the finale if it is tragic. Who else is in the same boat as I am?

I'm seriously not ready for BE.......!!

• Like 3

I won't get to watch the entire ep 24 till Monday morning (if it's already available and not delayed) but Sunday night, I won't be able to control myself from watching the scenes posted on IG. The thing is.. still not really feeling that the drama is actually ending. :huh: This denial mode is not good.. at all. :sweatingbullets: Writing/speculating about it here is easy but it's going to be a big mess once reality hits. Will KES be responsible for it??

Great mentor, a loyal rebel, a gentle giant

Generous soul, a cool comrade, a beloved guard

mrsun21_01.gif

EUSHIN Ending: GUN, GLORY, WEDDING GOWN

mrsun_02_03.gif

• Like 5

On 9/22/2018 at 2:17 AM, seabysea18 said:

What are your favorite Mr. Sunshine moments/scenes?  

My favorite are the hugs, AS’s hilarious “come here” at the US legation, fishing date, the bakery proposal and the train love confession scene.  I also love DM grabbing AS’s skirt in ep 4 (?) I know it was kind of wrong but that scene was breathtakingly beautiful with the rain drops, the music and the intensity from both actors. 

I have many favourite scenes but here are my  TOP 10 favourite scenes. It is not arranged by order of preference.

1) First boat “date” where Eugene is the ferryman for Ae Shin. This is when he first become interested in her and fell for her. 

E3389799-7DD1-4354-B783-FFFF02DCB1F3_zps

2) Eugene bringing beer for Eun San and bidding him goodbye before going back to America. Eugene breaking down upon receiving acknowledgement from Eun San.

768EC7B5-514A-465C-8600-EA70EA082B43_zps

3) Ae Shin’s confession of her love to Eugene on the train.

CD9EF7AC-A5EF-4B7A-9C2B-B811D009B178_zps

4) Their second embrace in the apothecary after she told him that his place is with her when he shared his sadness that he did not belong anywhere.

A31662DE-6AC9-44D0-B893-95D2E2DEFDB6_zps

5) Gunner Jang telling Ae Shin that he would no longer be her teacher or mentor and Ae Shin bowing in gratitude to Gunner Jang.

Spoiler

DC774F51-1495-415D-BB7B-D3FC5F3091DD_zps

6) Domi teaching Hangul to Eugene and the moment it dawned on him what Ae Shin had written down to show him was “I missed you”. 

Spoiler

EFE5FE78-4785-46AD-A6A7-AC13CD408E2B_zps

7) Ae Shin and Eugene walking side by side after she was discovered by Eugene when she returned the stolen rifle to the American Legation. This is when he first acknowledged his feelings for her through writing his letter to Joseph.

Spoiler

A6399B23-1CB6-4CE3-997C-2F05BA77BA88_zps

8) The meeting of Ae Shin with Eugene and their subsequent conversation where she apologised to him of not being sensitive to him and he acknowledged there are differences in their social status but reassured her that it is not her fault nor  is it his fault but they are just born in a world like that. He asked her to move forward and continue to protect the people who need her in Joseon while he will be taking a step back. 

Spoiler

87A7D445-547C-4571-9C5A-4A2B02162E53_zps

9) The scenes from when Su-mi discovered someone in Eugene’s room to Hina giving the wrong key to Eugene to warn him of the intruder in his room to Eugene chasing after the intruder and firing at him after instructing Su-mi to move left.

Spoiler

96DA7652-103F-4924-AAD3-21BFEA79CB0D_zps

10) The Royal Military Academy recruits saluting their instructor, Eugene after the last drill.

Spoiler

1F29DC34-95BE-454A-8217-4461ABF5CC65_zps

• Like 8

22 hours ago, rubie said:

@mistymorning could you help with the content of this clip, about the events in 1907? Merci.

The listed events are, (Well, this time I'll provide wiki link for some, I know it's not a great source.. but yeah )

Ahn Changho -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahn_Changho

Jungmichiljuk -> 7 internal ministers who agreed to new treaty of Korea-Japan on July, 1907. This treaty includes disbanding of Joseon military, delegating judicial power, delegating police, delegating power to appoint gov. employees etc. The list of ministers includes Lee Wanyong, Song Byungjoon, Lee Byungmoo, Go Younghee, Jo Jungeung, Lee JaeGon, Lim Sunjoon. They were all recorded as pro-japan traitors afterward.

Abdication of Gojong - Gojong sent representatives secretly to Hague Peace Convention of 1907, and though they were blocked by Japanese delegates, they held interviews with newspapers. As of result of this, Gojong was forced to abdicate, in the drama threatened by the gun, in reality, by the sword.

These events were all what happened in episode 22. And event you saw in the episode - the suicide of Park Seungwhan who was the commander of 1st battalion and subsequent battle by 1st and 2nd battalions are real history. Because Japanese already cut weapon/armo and had much better fire power, the battle was lost but about half of the 2 battalions escaped and became RA. 

Another awards nomination news. This time it's the Seoul Awards hosted by Sports Seoul newspaper and sponsored by Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of South Korea.

article from https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004225755

0004225755_001_20180928105319370.jpg?typ

This is for both drama and movie.  Nominee list for Mr. Sunshine is, 

For the best drama actor : Lee Byunghun(Mr. Sunshine)

best drama supporting actor: Yoo Yeonsuk (Mr. Sunshine)

best drama new actress : Kim Taeri(Mr. Sunshine)

Not Mr. Sunshine but LBH related, 

Best movie : The Fortress

Best movie actor: Lee Byunghun( The Fortress, Keys to the heart )

This will be held on Oct. 27th, and SBS will broadcast this award between 6 PM to 8 PM local time.

Latest BTS translation.

Mae-Wha on the beach! Duel between HN/AS! Unreleased BTS II

scene: DM and HN on beach.

banner: End of shooting? Mae-Wha going to the sea

DM trying to dunk HN to the water.

HN: No( fast forwarded voice) (urgent) No! No! (urgent)

staff: There will be last shooting! for continuing scene!

DM/HN: question marks???

DM:What? Continuing scene?

HN:I thought there's no more scene?

DM/HN walking off from the sea

HN: It's been so long, on the beach, it was exciting, isn't it DM?

DM: Yes(obdiently)

Staff: Do you like mountain better or sea, DM?

DM: I like HN.

HN smilling proudly, both of them laughing.

Scene ( for duel between HN and AS)

Meeting with director before shooting

HN(giving ideas): sliding down on stair railings

AS laughing

scene(AS waiting, thick mask being too hot)

staff: if it's taking too long, let's wait without mask

AS(fan on her face): providing oxigen...

scene: AS doing actions

scene: excellent fencing skills from HN under mask

scene: HN and AS without mask

HN: How are we going to fly(?) later?

AS: with jump and scream like this?

HN and AS laughing.

scene: discussing scene where they aim their sword and gun.

HN's sword getting close to AS's face

AS: It's (***) scary, sis.

scene: DM sits on the beach, with rough look

banner: Please tune in last Mr. Sunshine episode. Last story will be....

DM: magnificent, splendid, and a gift from god. (This is trendy phrase from other show).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Wow still cant believe that this amazing drama is about to end, hopeful that our OT5 have a satisfaying ending..:tears: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Thanks so much @mistymorning for details of the events in 1907, can't imagine the distressing situation back then. Also for the Seoul Awards news, this isn't.. the Seoul Drama Awards, right. Looks like October should be renamed as Awards instead. Sorry, lame joke.. :lol: but really appreciate the info about MR.SUNSHINE and LBH's nomination. Wishing our drama every success at every awards. LOL.. saying this will probably annoy some people but is it wrong to say so when we all have so much appreciation for MR.SUNSHINE. What is annoying though.. is stating that ABC (insert actor's name) don't deserve to win just because who he is. ;)

Source: OSEN

ms324.jpg

ms325.jpg

• Like 4

Preview stills for Episode 23 released.

There is going to be another Ae Shin fan club reunion gathering. :wub: Isn’t this more positive than all the doom and gloom vibes that we have been getting? I am so looking forward to this scene. But where are the ladies?

Credit: @taeri_yeosin IG

• Like 10