[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Heading into the final two episodes, in your opinion, which characters among the main five are in the greatest danger of tragically dying and which of them have the highest chance of making it out alive by the end?

IMO, the person in least danger and the highest chance of making it out alive is Hui Seong.

Dong Mae follows next - there have already been way too many near death experiences with him, so I think he will live. It also gives him a chance to start anew, but now, fully a Joseon man.

Ae Shin is at third place. Yes, she is walking headfirst into danger, sniping enemies, planting bombs, getting injured, carrying a bounty on her head etc but even after all this, the show has emphasized through many other characters that she needs to live/has to be saved, so I believe that she will also make it out alive.

Kudo Hina has an 80% chance of dying. The preview of Dong Mae carrying her on the same beach show in E21, which is in the town where her mother is buried  and the shot of her lying against Dong MAe's arm makes me think that she is going to die from her injuries sustained by the Glory Hotel bombing.

The person with the highest chance of dying, the one in gravest danger, is Eugene. I have a bad feeling that he is not going to escape his journey towards the flame. He will either end up being a martyr for Joseon or he will sacrifice his life to save AS.

• Like 4
  • Sad 7

Lee Byunghun, Kim Taeri, Kim Minjeong nominated for APAN Star Awards 2018. 

from https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004224972

0004224972_002_20180927091706489.jpg?typ

I'll list nominees for our show Mr. Sunshine.

New Actress : Kim Taeri  

Actress : Kim Minjeong

Mid-size Drama Actor : Yoo Yeonsuk

K-star Popularity Award for Actor : Lee Byunghun

K-star Popularity Award for Actress: Kim Taeri, Kim Minjeong

Grand Prize : Lee Byunghun 

For Grand Prize, other nominees are Kim Namjoo(JTBC Misty), Sohn Yejin(JTBC Something in the Rain), Lee Seongyun(tvN My Ajussi), Cho Seungwoo(JTBC Life).

The award will be held on Oct. 13th, in Seoul. Will be broadcasted thru tvN.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

@mistymorning Thanks and :heart: for the translations!!!

Kim Nam Hee has such a strong presence for a supporting role.  I love stage actors who blossomed into movie/drama roles with a little luck and lots of perseverance!   The APAN Grand Prize also has fellow stage/musical actors LSY and JSW.   Good luck to everyone at the awards!

Will miss this drama which has been a part of my weekend for the last few months!

• Like 8

Thanks so much @mistymorning for the wonderful article(s) translation as well as the APAN info. We are truly lucky to have you at the thread, always keeping us in the loop.  Hopefully we'll have more fans joining in for the last two episodes this weekend. Compared to other threads, MR.SUNSHINE has less pages but a whole lot more views. It may not be a shining ending.. but having the last interaction, participating come what may would be awesome.

Anyway, have to  agree with @mistergenie about the survivors, it's kinda going the path that EC will return to fight and die in Joseon. It may all seem for AS, to keep her alive but it also meant defending his own motherland. Although I would hope that he'd be able to keep his promise to Kyle, to come back to America. Have a feeling that while Eugene might not make it, his widow would be the one going to New York.

For HiNa, Glory Hotel was her life.. she may or may not succumb to her injuries. The preview specifically highlights that aspect (just like when DM was shot, or stabbed into the ocean) over and over again, only to show him survived both times. So, it'll probably work the same magic medicine again. Those not in the preview will not make it. Such a sinister promo mode here.th_bricks.gif

Along with Eugene, a lot of the RAs will perish as well.. ES, the baker, the pawnshop brothers, not sure about Gwan Soo and Do Mi, will they join the fighters as well.

Oh dear what is all this th_sad005.gif.. we're already speculating deaths th_sad004.gif..  where's the Sunshine, KES! th_sad008.gif

2018092801002085500166971.jpg

Source: Naver

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

@mistymorning many thanks for the translations, especially  the interesting Kim Namhee articles.  He is such a great addition to the cast!

@rubie understandably the OSTs are being played at Sunshine Studios :)

@mistergenie in answer to your question, I think:

ep 23 - Hina will die in Dongmae's arms.

ep 24 - Eugene will die a hero in battle.

BGM for these two scenes - a yet unreleased OST (guess whose?).  So not content with making the drama's fans suffer and wait, the production team are also making the fans of HCY wait - for the official announcement of the release of his OST. This Weibo blogger's first pic expresses the frustration and sadness of many HCY fans:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

Gist based on Google translate, might not be that accurate. Any discrepancies, please advise. Thank you ~

September 27, 2018

MR.SUNSHINE Effect: Rainbow Castella Tops 250,000 sales

Source: News1 / Hankyung.com ++

Spoiler

article.jpg

Bakery brand PARIS Baguette, announced on Wednesday that it had sold about 250,000 pieces of Rainbow Castella in the past two months. This is more than five times more than the average sales of new gift products. 

Rainbow Castella is a product featured in tvN's drama 'Mr.Sunshine.' It is Castella cake with layered colors and characterized by a soft texture that melts in the mouth. Some 100,000 units were sold during the Chuseok holidays this year.

Isn't this the poster used as PPL prop in the drama? 

01.17862344.1.jpg

Source: scully75752

This IG account has various pics of the MR.SUNSHINE Brick Toy sets. It's a highly popular gift for the children (and fans) during the holidays.

• Like 5

BTS translation.

From Hamandaek to Huisung! Unreleased behind the scene.

scene: Eugene/Hamandaek/Hangrangabum in apothecary without Aeshin 

Hamandaek: Should I make you hurt for real? Should I pick a date for it?(Threatening pose to Eugene)

(No ok from PD, Hamandaek starts ad libbing, posing come on! come on! with her hands)

(Eugene poses fighting pose like a boxer, flipping his nose with his thumb.., This is sort of signature pose from somewhere but I cannot remember)

(Hamandeak and Hangrangabum starts laughing)

scene: EC and HS at the gate of Glory Hotel, acting serious

staff: (Soulless reading to mark time to later add shouting from Japanese military partying) hurrah for Japanese Emperor, hurrah for the great Japanese empire!

LBH: (turning back) What.... that's so flat..( and repeating the same line also flatly, BYH laughing )

scene: EC and AS kneeling right in front of the gate of US legation in Japan. Both of them has held hands high.

EC's very focused, but AS seems to be a bit out of character, watching US soldiers running. And AS surprised by the sound of gun shots.

Circle to show AS's expression.

scene: LBH pulling the neck of his uniform, PD LEB watching. (banner: EC's whining whose shooting isn't done yet)

tired looking LBH: I want to go home ( crying sound at the end..)

( PD LEB laughing and patting LBH's shoulder)

scene: where Hadrio bros asking HS to pay monthly rent. Starts shooting and HS doing ad lib.

(HS holding on to his pocket watch)

(Ilsik acts upon HS's ad lib)

(Got ok from PD)

(HS and Hadrio bro actors congratulating each other)

scene: AS and HS chance meeting in room 303

AS smiling and avoiding looking at HS ( banner saying AS fallen in HS's charm, smiling just by looking at him)

(HS charm point 1: HS doing things with his towel?)

(HS charm point 2: coolness explosion! with firework graphics)

(HS and AS, realizing they said wrong lines)

(stops abruptly, crowing sound, and they're returning back to their previous position)

scene: HN and DM at the beach

DM: great performance from Mae-Wha couple (smiling)

HN(smiling): what couple?

DM: Mae-Wha couple

HN: why Mae-Wha?

DM: Dong-Mae Yang-Wha

HN: Ah.. did you just make it?

DM: No, people named it.

HN: (satisfied) Mae-Wha couple...

Staff: What are Mae-Wha couple shooting today?

HN: Today, Mae-Wha couple will shoot a sad scene. Sorrowful... 

DM: But we're splashing here

(Banner saying : Destroying emotions and HN/DM laughing)

HN: just before I was crying calling for mom...and then yeah~~(joyful scream together)

(staff doing slate(?) DM saw it )

DM does it using his sword. :One-two-three! Cute DM

(staff running back to do slate again)

DM: I have it! (and do it again with his sword and repeating)

DM: I have two!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mistymorning said:

scene: Eugene/Hamandaek/Hangrangabum in apothecary without Aeshin 

Hamandaek: Should I make you hurt for real? Should I pick a date for it?(Threatening pose to Eugene)

(No ok from PD, Hamandaek starts ad libbing, posing come one! come one! with her hands)

(Eugene poses fighting pose like a boxer, flipping his nose with his thumb.., This is sort of signature pose from somewhere but I cannot remember)

(Hamandeak and Hangrangabum starts laughing)

Bruce Lee, perhaps?

Awesome translation @mistymorning, can't thank you enough!th_katt.gif

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Bruce Lee, perhaps?

Awesome translation @mistymorning, can't thank you enough!th_katt.gif

Hahaha, I really have no idea. Or Jet Li, Jackie Chen? 

If you look at the first clip, you'll notice that Hamandaek is moving her head with Eugene in sync when he does the pose. So funny :D

Also, in APAN, Mr. Sunshine is the most nominated drama. 7 nominations. Kudos to all the actors/actresses/production staffs for their efforts! Hope they'll get this one and other awards that will come later. 

• Like 5

The nominations news are coming out .. left and right, for tv and also films of 2017-2018. It's that time again, the awards season. It's already a great deal to be recognized and nominated, win or lose is anyone's game. But indeed, the whole production -- the crew and cast have worked so remarkably well. Through the long duration they endured the changes of weather, the long tiring days and nonstop filming. A big applause for everyone in MR.SUNSHINE. Now, it's the time for the fans & supporters to appreciate all their effort and hard work for an amazing outcome

Clip: tvN Drama

• Like 6

So happy to see the flour proposal scene featured as the OST cover, it's simply unique yet beautiful and especially meaningful.

Who knew that the word LOVE or as Ae Shin mentioned it "LO-BU" became the word used by Eugene to propose. He may not get down on one knee and ask gently but the intention is just as special, one that's possible for him at the time given the situation. When Ae Shin first realized the true meaning of the word, she was shocked but still intrigued.. now she knows why the word meant something even harder to do in life. 

Finally.. the word LOVE became a special character in MR.SUNSHINE. :wub: 

mrsun21_02.gif

mrsun21_03.gif

mrsun21_04.gif

At the beginning, both Eugene and Ae Shin have taken the steps to be comrades in LOVE.. now at the most important time of their lives, they must fight their way to LIVE.

Hopefully, HOW CAN I FORGET will signify a happier.. oh, make that a memorable conclusion for the drama.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, rubie said:

So happy to see the flour proposal scene featured as the OST cover, it's simply unique yet beautiful and especially meaningful.

@rubie if only "How Can I Forget" were played during this flour proposal scene, then perhaps people won't associate the OST with death scenes and fill viewers with dread whenever the song is played.

A HCY fan hana7102_chiyeuleader made this video:

Spoiler

• Like 6

Hi! I'm not ignoring anyone. And I'm sorry. I don't know what episode we're on. I haven't watch this drama in a long time. I hope everyone is enjoying it! I think Lee Byung Hyun is an amazing actor. I know I'm from the U.S. I liked the movies he did here in the U.S too! I don't think I can judge his acting. I do like him as an actor. I think the other actors are great too. So please ignore this!

Calling you here @Carmarie! You said you are watching this. I hope you enjoy this drama :).

Me to you:

Image result for kdrama gif lee byung hun 2018

credit to owner.

Bye, my friend :blush:

Edited by 2handsintertwined
:)
  • Like 4

Hi @2handsintertwined, been wondering where you've been. We're still here and there's only 2 more episodes of MR.SUNSHINE to go.. so sad because it's ending this weekend. :( Wished there would be more episodes to watch but it's only 24+1 in total. Hopefully you will catch up soon and share with us your thoughts. Even after 'the ending', still hope more new fans would stop by to talk about the drama. Btw, love the Eugene gif! :lol:

What you see below are spoilers from the drama (for those who have not seen it) but there are still bigger spoilers to come.. not necessarily good ones but we hope we are wrong. We just don't know how the drama would end. Boo-hoo!

@charray The J.estina bag PPL is definitely a win-win for the drama. Looks really lovely on Ae Shin and it's not appearing out of place or era.

Not letting you go..

mrsun21_05.gif

The train-ring.. truly beautiful but so sad..

mrsun21_06.gif

• Like 7