Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

12 minutes ago, rubie said:

If it wasn't for Hina, DM might have ended with a serious slit throat. Obviously. the haircut incident doesn't go very well. Lord Go is furious about it. 

Hina did her best to control the anger in Ae Shin with her words of wisdom(?) Even if they're not close friends, it's a comfort of sorts for the visibly-distraught Ae Shin.. can anyone blame her? 

I think Hina tied Ae Shin's undone hair with Eugene's handkerchief. Looks familiar.

Wow! I would never have imagined KN coming in there. Great writing, I would say. Eugene's handkerchief, you say? If so, that could very well symbolize KN letting go of her crush on Eugene - and that would be excellent character growth, first for HS and now KN. Still waiting for  'you know whose' growth past his obsession

• Like 3

Spoiler.. spoiler... spoiler... don't read twitter posts..:vicx:

Why must episode 19 become this way.. :bawling: why..

So unexpected...

:tears:

No more smiles.. after this..

Ep 20 preview.. another shocking scene.. 

Spoiler

'

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow!! Whoa!! Hot damn!!! Way too much intense stuff is happening in this other slightly longer preview of E20.

Spoiler

LJM in serious trouble. I hope he survives. Crafty old man is epic in his own twisted way.

Ae Shin is in WI's bedroom, come to kill him. Look closely at the door behind her.

Eugene entering WI's house. Later pointing gun at DM who probably reached WI's house too. Look at he door behind DM - definitely WI's bedroom - so Eugene is already inside when DM reaches there. But, is Ae Shin still there or has she left? Did she manage to kill WI or did something happen to her?

KN also pointing a gun at the doctor. Look at the door behind them - same door that DM enters through.

What if they kill WI and frame it as a suicide by coercing that doctor?

Takashi Mori getting kidnapped - hope it is by Eugene and the Potter.

As the younglings would say, things are about to get lit af. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Spoiler.. spoiler... spoiler... don't read twitter posts..:vicx:

Why must episode 19 become this way.. :bawling: why..

So unexpected...

:tears:

No more smiles.. after this..

Ep 20 preview.. another shocking scene.. 

Reveal hidden contents

'

Hi Soompiers.  I just watched the unsubbed Ep. 19 and then read the recap here:

https://www.dramamilk.com/mr-sunshine-kdrama-recap-episode-19

My overall sentiments on the last moments of Ep. 19, the Ep. 20 preview, and 4 remaining episodes (or is it 2? I think someone mentioned upon viewing https://www.dramamilk.com/mr-sunshine-kdrama-recap-episode-16/#comments):

1. In the words of Sansa Stark from the Season 6 finale of GoT: "Winter has come."

2. In the words of Theoden from the movie version of LOTR: The Two Towers: "So it begins.":expressionless:

Image result for so it begins gif

• Like 2

-_-unfortunately 20th ep is still early for WI to die, since he is one of the key figures in the drama right now. He will probably survive somehow 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, anipanch said:

-_-unfortunately 20th ep is still early for him to die, since he is one of the key figures in the drama right now 

Personally,  I hope he dies in E20. Takashi Mori is a far more dangerous antagonist  and his position as  a Japanese Colonel plays well into the historical narrative woven into the show. His life has immensely huge stakes - not that easy to kill him, given that the RA are not trying to provoke a Japanese invasion.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Who? WI? Personally,  I hope he dies in E20. Takashi Mori is a far more dangerous antagonist  and his position as  a Japanese Colonel plays well into the historical narrative woven into the show. His life has immensely huge stakes - not that easy to kill him, given that the RA are not trying to provoke a Japanese invasion.

Yeah hope so, it's really time for WI to die and it will be a perfect death done by AS

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Yeah hope so, it's really time for WI to die and it will be a perfect death done by AS

Death at AS's hands. Cover up by the others. Would be perfect. Also, look closely when Takashi is being kidnapped with a bag on his head - looks like he is taken from the hospital. Had he come there to see an injured WI or WI's body? Point to ponder.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rubie said:

Unfortunately but expected.. Hina's father made it to MR.SUNSHINE top 3 evil villains.

Tonight he gets this first:

Credit to the owner

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, anipanch said:

Hi @anipanch.

It's already given that WI will stop at nothing to push his agenda at the expense of everyone else's lives, including his own daughter HN's. 

But he's really done a number on AS and her family, including (but sadly not limited to):

1. The death of AS' parents (which I'm not sure if AS knew about WI's direct involvement, unless someone can inform me otherwise)

2. The besieging of the AS' household (i.e., attempts to demolish the Go house in order to make way for train construction :triumph:)

3. Last but definitely not least, ordering his men to shoot at AS' grandfather/Lord Go's funeral procession :angry:

At this rate, it's only a matter of time before AS finally takes up @lilyphenix's advice regarding the "list" (i.e. memorizing the faces of those responsible for atrocities committed toward her, her loved ones, and the rest of the Joseon people) and aim her rifle at WI (with a one-shot kill).  And, as @mistergenie proclaims, the sooner the better!

33 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Death at AS's hands. Cover up by the others. That would be perfect. Also, look closely when Takashi is being kidnapped with a bag on his head - looks like he is taken from the hospital. Had he come there to see WI or WI's body? Point to ponder.

Hi @mistergenie.  That's one silver lining I'd hope to see amidst the otherwise bleak future of Joseon Korea and our beloved characters in Mr. Sunshine, unless KES pulls a WTF Inglorious Basterds and "burn it down.":ph34r:

• Like 4

Gunner Jang finally got his moment of revenge on LWI. But feel so bad & sad for him about HongPa th_sad004.gif.. they never showed her meeting him again after he got promoted as the Palace Security Chief, did they? He must get a chance to whip that Mori really really good. Perhaps, it's Eugene and SG who kidnapped Takashi Mori. I'm pretty much guessing now.. tonight's episode is just too much..

@KDramaLogic I believe only Eugene knew about LWI directly killing Ae Shin's parents but he hasn't told her about it.

A one-shot kill for LWI is too easy for a traitor and villain and enemy of the country... make that 5x. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just watched episode 19.  Oh my god... my stress level..... cried like a river and now I'm heading to the headache world..... 

Here is the text preview for episode 20.

Aeshin(Kim Taeri) is leaving Eugene(Lee Byung-Hun) as RA fighter ...

Russo-Japanese war break out, Eugene gets an order to transfer back to US!

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

18 minutes ago, rubie said:

Gunner Jang finally got his moment of revenge on LWI. But feel so bad & sad for him about HongPa th_sad004.gif.. they never showed her meeting him again after he got promoted as the Palace Security Chief, did they? He must get a chance to whip that Mori really really good. Perhaps, it's Eugene and SG who kidnapped Mori. I'm pretty much guessing now..

@KDramaLogic I believe only Eugene knew about LWI directly killing Ae Shin's parents but he hasn't told her about it.

Poor HongPa! She was all Gunner Jag had and he didn't even get to say goodbye to her. :'(

Perhaps, it's Eugene and SG who kidnapped Mori. I'm pretty much guessing now..

My guess as well. I very much hope it is the both of them.

I believe only Eugene knew about LWI directly killing Ae Shin's parents but he hasn't told her about it.

I hope he tells her. But for that to happen they have to meet first and that is going to be difficult since Ae Shin has gone full on into guerrilla mode now. I do like the fact that Ae Shin is still communicating non verbally with Eugene through those red pinwheels (saw one in the E20 preview) - she is at least letting him know through their secret symbol that she hasn't forgotten him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn! That synopsis is all kinds of depressing. Who else thinks that a separation is coming? Eugene will have to go back the US. That scene in E18 at the legation - AS: US is two and half handspans away. EC: It is only one a half handspan if my hand is a measure so I can come back quickly. thanks a lot for the synopsis,  @mistymorning

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

You know what I am upset and disappointed about in episode 19? The reason of Dong Mae cutting Ae Shin’s hair did not make sense at all and did not achieve anything at all. It did not protect her at all as Takayashi and Lee Wan Ik still managed to destroyed her family and is still hunting her down. Caused all the trauma and humiliation to Ae Shin but achieve nothing at all. Grandpa asking Dong Mae to protect Ae Shin also does not make any sense as she would not want his protection or be anyway near him at all. Am I missing something here with the above 2 plot points? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Just watched episode 19.  Oh my god... my stress level..... cried like a river and now I'm heading to the headache world..... 

I think.. this is where another spoiler comes in. Since he has no reason not to obey the transfer order (Kyle won't be able to help either), Eugene might quit the US Military altogether. Not sure if he could do that considering that they need all their men to shift to the Philippines, and no more in Joseon. Or if he would just go AWOL.. to join RA. Future captures showed him not wearing his usual suits and uniform. But deserting the military would be a bad option for EC.. if he wants to stay as an American.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, charray said:

Grandpa asking Dong Mae to protect Ae Shin also does not make any sense as she would not want his protection or be anyway near him at all. Am I missing something here with the above 2 plot points? 

I'm few of the people that didn't criticise DM over that scene since I was sure there was some kind of deep meaning behind it, but I got to agree with you here. I thought we would get some kind of explanation in the 19th episode but there was none. However, we are most probably missing out the message the writer wants to deliver. Just think about it, Grandpa went and beat him up but still appointed DM as the protector at the end of the day. Maybe it has to do with the fact that both EC and HS are too soft when it comes to AS and are ready to just let her be even if she decides to jump of a bridge, while DM is ready to do anything to keep her safe. Grandpa's last wish for AS was to stay alive no matter what and logically speaking DM is the only one who will stick to that wish and not get swayed by AS's independent nature. So far, this is the only thing I can conclude. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, charray said:

You know what I am upset and disappointed about in episode 19? The reason of Dong Mae cutting Ae Shin’s hair did not make sense at all and did not achieve anything at all. It did not protect her at all as Takayashi and Lee Wan Ik still managed to destroyed her family and is still hunting her down. Caused all the trauma and humiliation to Ae Shin but achieve nothing at all. Grandpa asking Dong Mae to protect Ae Shin also does not make any sense as she would not want his protection or be anyway near him at all. Am I missing something here with the above 2 plot points? 

Agree with you fully here. 

Just now, anipanch said:

Maybe it has to do with the fact that both EC and HS are too soft when it comes to AS and are ready to just let her be even if she decides to jump of a bridge, while DM is ready to do anything to keep her safe.

I am sorry but I firmly disagree here. Have you already forgotten E7 and Eugene taking the blame off of her by going in front of that Japanese soldier? Eugene has never been about letting her do anything willy nilly. No, he has always been about walking beside her, helping her. Not controlling her, nor dictating her actions and choices.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, rubie said:

if he wants to stay as an American.

Yes and adding the fact that he should do the "killing" of T. Mori because he is American and will save Joseon from the direct war with Japan EC has to stay American and if he quits the US military I'm not sure how he manages it...

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Have you already forgotten E7 and Eugene taking the blame off of her by going in front of that Japanese soldier?

I do remember, but how many times do you suggest he does it before he ends up jailed somewhere, leaving AS on her own?

10 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

No, he has always been about walking beside her, helping her. Not controlling her, nor dictating her actions and choices.

This here, you said it already. That's why Grandpa didn't ask him directly to protect AS, because it is a crisis time and AS might end up in a critical situation at any given time, where EC's ways of helping AS won't be as effective. I'm not saying that DM is better or knows better how to protect her but i'm trying to be reasonable here, who will succeed more in keeping AS alive, no matter what? 

• Like 5