[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

It may look that way.. considering that both men though not Joseon men in Lord Go's eyes were the only ones who wanted to help & warned him about the enemy. Spending the time in jail may have jolted Lord Go's senses & perception on the present situation, especially that concerning his granddaughter. He may not feel there's any other alternatives available when even a Joseon man (HS) had rejected AS.. although we all know it's not the true intention of the young man.

Then again.. preview clips and captures from MR.SUNSHINE have proven to be misleading.. again and again. But one thing for sure, KES will not jeopardize the EC-AS romance nor the bromance. No matter what any of the three men do to AS, the others will totally understand and look away.. no questions asked. This was apparent when EC knew that DM shot AS in the Jemulpo train escape yet he looked away and acted clueless 'cat & mouse' instead.

Perhaps.. this time (hard to stop speculating), Lord Go will have to decide whom he can trust and rely on. Time is running out, he will have to do what he never thought he would considering his strong belief against the Americans. Whatever DM do to AS, knowingly to Lord Go or otherwise, will also kill his deadly infatuation once and for all.. time for him and AS to call it even between them and just move on. Time to appreciate the person always by your side instead before something really bad & regretful happens.

Only episode 19 can put our minds to ease in a few hours time.. never felt so stressful about a drama.. :wacko:

Anyway, there are new behind-the-scenes photos released by the agency of the lead actor of the drama circulating on IG/Naver blog. Everyone can see it for themselves.. some are actually quite spoiler-ish. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rubie said:

Anyway, there are new behind-the-scenes photos released by the agency of the lead actor of the drama circulating on IG/Naver blog. Everyone can see it for themselves.. some are actually quite spoiler-ish. 

Today, as soon as I woke up I checked socials for pictures, before coming to read the forum here, so I came across a major spoiler. I’d like to warn people here. To me is not a problem, but maybe for other people could be an issue. Be careful with those pictures is my advice to the other forum members.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, marfisa said:

Today, as soon as I woke up I checked socials for pictures, before coming to read the forum here, so I came across a major spoiler. I’d like to warn people here. To me is not a problem, but maybe for other people could be an issue. Be careful with those pictures is my advice to the other forum members.

I think, the one photo most revealing (not in a bad way) has been removed from IG. Those re-posting it may have been asked to delete the image. There're actually pics from behind-the-scenes filming but fans will also realize those captures showing changes, character-wise.

Unless.. you're referring to another image-spoiler (i.e. a set of blood-stained pics) those images are still around, hopefully the actual scene will not be as grim. :vicx: :sweatingbullets: Still, it's good to be careful in order not to double-stress oneself.. if there's such a word. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

@rubie  @marfisaOkay, I went looking and I am unable to find those pics. Pissed that I missed the huge spoilers.

I think it is an oversight of the agency admin staff to post the picture and I think he or she was trying to do damage control by asking people to remove the picture or post. You can try Twitter as I still see it on Twitter. But I agree it is only right that we should respect the person’s request and not to repost it anywhere at all whether IG or Twitter or Soompi.

The many faces and looks of Kuda Hina. Which is your favourite? Mine is 3rd row from TOP and last picture from my left (or first picture on my right). It is her dressing while having dinner (or was it drinks) with Eugene.

• Like 3

BTS of Kim Tae Ri posted by her agency. This looks like similar to the hanbok as the one she wore in the hug scene with Eugene in the apothecary. Maybe someone can compile all the fashion of Ae Shin too.

This one should be ok to repost as there is no spoiler, I think. :D

@mistergenie yeah, the one of Hina where she went to see LJM about buying the house is gorgeous too. I like it too. 

• Like 4

I agree with both, the red velvet dress when buying the house was the prettiest and most vibrant. The pastel one that Hina worn when she visited the Queen was nice, too. All her dresses usually came out better than the previous one. I've not watched KMJ enough to know the actress but read that she was heavily criticized for her drama before MR.SUNSHINE. As Kudo Hina, KMJ actually nailed the role in however limited her screen time permitted.. so, it's her luck getting cast and the script that changed things around.

Unfortunately but expected.. Hina's father made it to MR.SUNSHINE top 3 evil villains.

Clip: tvN Drama

• Like 2

@mistergenie, I agree he's pathetic, but because of Aesun, I'm a bit worried. If Aesun says something like, 'Aeshin smelled like something... .yes, gun powder!' then it can get really troublesome!

Waiting for couple hours for today's episode, so I'm watching latest BTS again. Here is the sort of recaps for BTS?

In the first scene, KTR is indicating her arm and asking "here?". LBH is saying 'If I tell you to sit here, I feel like you're going to hit me" as a joke and KTR is laughing.

In the second scene with a globe. LBH is saying "With my hand, it's 1 and.... 3/4" to be precise, KTR is saying "You have a large hand" laughing.

3rd scene, Eugene is seating? kneeling on the ground with bakery bag with a banner(?) saying "Eugene's ad lib always makes KTR laughing".

4th scene, a staff is saying "if you give me an hour and 25 mins, it can be done soon!". LBH is saying "An hour and 25 minutes, fighting!" walking out. Banner saying "Eugene encouraging people mid shooting".

<scene change>

they're doing rehearsal for coffee scene. LBH is doing the scene when he pushes the coffee cup gently toward Aeshin. You can see that KTR is relaxed here. When LBH pushes imaginary teacup to KTR.

KTR(smiling): how slick! 

Scene then shows LBH 's face focused in circle, he's doing foxy things with his eyes. (Hit me with something.. sorry i'm out of my mind then), then he again does pushing motion.

Then he does it to Haman daek while KTR is watching with smile. Haman daek is turning her body with bashful smile..KTR is saying "To Haman daek?!..." with laugh. LBH is smiling big. Banner saying "Crowned for the most courteous man in this era" 

Then real shooting starts, LBH pushes coffee cup with serious face. KTR suddently starts laughing saying "ah...wait..." then LBH starts laughing. They're both uncontrollably laughing.. LBH saying "your facial expression is funnier. You look like you suddenly lost your soul." laughing. 

In next try, KTR is saying "the action feels like with some intention". "I have started laughing by senior(indicating haman)'s acting already, and then... LBH is saying "you looked like this" showing her previous acting. KTR try to stop laughing... LBH is laughing and saying something but I can't tell what....

Still 2 hours to go!

• Like 4

If it wasn't for Hina, DM might have ended up with a serious slit throat. Obviously the haircut incident doesn't go very well. Lord Go is furious about it. 

Hina did her best to control the anger in Ae Shin with her words of wisdom(?) Even if they're not close friends, it's a comfort of sorts for the visibly-distraught Ae Shin.. can anyone blame her? 

I think Hina tied Ae Shin's undone hair with Eugene's handkerchief. Looks familiar.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, rubie said:

If it wasn't for Hina, DM might have ended with a serious slit throat. Obviously. the haircut incident doesn't go very well. Lord Go is furious about it. 

Hina did her best to control the anger in Ae Shin with her words of wisdom(?) Even if they're not close friends, it's a comfort of sorts for the visibly-distraught Ae Shin.. can anyone blame her? 

I think Hina tied Ae Shin's undone hair with Eugene's handkerchief. Looks familiar.

Wow! I would never have imagined KN coming in there. Great writing, I would say. Eugene's handkerchief, you say? If so, that could very well symbolize KN letting go of her crush on Eugene - and that would be excellent character growth, first for HS and now KN. Still waiting for  'you know whose' growth past his obsession

• Like 3

Spoiler.. spoiler... spoiler... don't read twitter posts..:vicx:

Why must episode 19 become this way.. :bawling: why..

So unexpected...

:tears:

No more smiles.. after this..

Ep 20 preview.. another shocking scene.. 

Spoiler

'

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wow!! Whoa!! Hot damn!!! Way too much intense stuff is happening in this other slightly longer preview of E20.

Spoiler

LJM in serious trouble. I hope he survives. Crafty old man is epic in his own twisted way.

Ae Shin is in WI's bedroom, come to kill him. Look closely at the door behind her.

Eugene entering WI's house. Later pointing gun at DM who probably reached WI's house too. Look at he door behind DM - definitely WI's bedroom - so Eugene is already inside when DM reaches there. But, is Ae Shin still there or has she left? Did she manage to kill WI or did something happen to her?

KN also pointing a gun at the doctor. Look at the door behind them - same door that DM enters through.

What if they kill WI and frame it as a suicide by coercing that doctor?

Takashi Mori getting kidnapped - hope it is by Eugene and the Potter.

As the younglings would say, things are about to get lit af. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Spoiler.. spoiler... spoiler... don't read twitter posts..:vicx:

Why must episode 19 become this way.. :bawling: why..

So unexpected...

:tears:

No more smiles.. after this..

Ep 20 preview.. another shocking scene.. 

Reveal hidden contents

'

Hi Soompiers.  I just watched the unsubbed Ep. 19 and then read the recap here:

https://www.dramamilk.com/mr-sunshine-kdrama-recap-episode-19

My overall sentiments on the last moments of Ep. 19, the Ep. 20 preview, and 4 remaining episodes (or is it 2? I think someone mentioned upon viewing https://www.dramamilk.com/mr-sunshine-kdrama-recap-episode-16/#comments):

1. In the words of Sansa Stark from the Season 6 finale of GoT: "Winter has come."

2. In the words of Theoden from the movie version of LOTR: The Two Towers: "So it begins.":expressionless:

Image result for so it begins gif

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, anipanch said:

-_-unfortunately 20th ep is still early for him to die, since he is one of the key figures in the drama right now 

Personally,  I hope he dies in E20. Takashi Mori is a far more dangerous antagonist  and his position as  a Japanese Colonel plays well into the historical narrative woven into the show. His life has immensely huge stakes - not that easy to kill him, given that the RA are not trying to provoke a Japanese invasion.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

Who? WI? Personally,  I hope he dies in E20. Takashi Mori is a far more dangerous antagonist  and his position as  a Japanese Colonel plays well into the historical narrative woven into the show. His life has immensely huge stakes - not that easy to kill him, given that the RA are not trying to provoke a Japanese invasion.

Yeah hope so, it's really time for WI to die and it will be a perfect death done by AS

• Like 4