Quantcast
Go Seung Ji

[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

12 hours ago, charray said:

Dong Mae did help to uncover the plot to intercept the secret letters sent by Ae Shin’s Grandfather to all the scholars and informed Ae Shin’s Grandfather of this. He also killed the lackey of Hiyashi. 

Just for discussion purposes, the way I see it, the above actions of Dong Mae are driven or motivated by his desire to protect Ae Shin and her family as well as for his personal revenge. He is not driven by any grand or noble cause of saving Joseon or making Joseon a better place for people of all walks of life. Same can also be said of Eugene. 

Yes, DM is just trying to help AS's grandfather. Anything related to AS, he is trying help. But he is also trying to be very careful, that's why he went alone without his entourage and at night in order not to draw any attention. Otherwise AS family will be affected if neighbours see him entering the house in broad daylight.

He has no grudge against AS's family, in fact he knew very well he owes AS his life.

• Like 10

@AhphengOh! How much I loved that line from Eugene about wanting to see the blooming plum flowers all year around!! Your C-strip made me go and see that scene again. I also watched that scene in Episode 3 where they meet at the tailor's shop - even though  Ae shin was in her all encompassing hanbok, I did wonder why, when Eugene entered the room, she tried to cover her feet - going through the comments on your Instagram post I came to know about the significance of a man seeing/touching a woman's feet in that time period. Now ,after seeing Eugene touch her foot so reverently in E16,  it feels like such a natural progression to their relationship.

• Like 7

@mistergenie thanks for writing what been said on my IG here, finally we understood the significance of that scene and it just goes to show, Writer Kim has put a lot of thoughts on each scene. Imagine if we could understand Korean, probably we could enjoy this drama even more ! 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

The abundance of vibrant blooming lovely plum flowers affected the actors, too. Here's a little message from Lee Byung Hun (currently in Venice) on his weibo today. If there's a better phrasing for the translation, please let me know. I'm neither a Korean nor a Chinese-speaking fan, just using the Google-translate to share the essence of the message. th_tq.gif Many thanks in advance.

August 29, 2018

A MR.SUNSHINE message from Lee Byung Hun via weibo

Source: LeeByungHun0712

미스터 션샤인과 함께, 오늘도 웃음짓는 하루 되시길. 

Have a happy Mr. Sunshine day of laughter.

和阳光先生一起, 度过开心的一天。  

Have a good day with Mr. Sunshine.

20180829lbh.jpg

Spoiler

20180829lbh1.jpg

Such gentle souls: Gunner Jang and Eugene :)

@Ahpheng Total Eclipse of Our Hearts, too true!! th_lmfao.gif  The lyrics are just perfect for those 3! th_thumbup.gif Definitely remember that song.. best of the 80s.. th_poster_oops.gif I'm too old.. th_sigh.gif

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mistergenie said:

Now ,after seeing Eugene touch her foot so reverently in E16,  it feels like such a natural progression to their relationship.

Sorry for cutting your post, but I wanted to undeline this sentence. I found very interesting the clarification about the meaning of touching a woman’s feet: it is  clear that this gesture is way more intimate than a mere kiss.

@rubie

So, Lee Byung Hun is here in Italy right now!  How I would like to jump  on train and get to Venice and ask him for an autograph! If only I had know it in advance!

• Like 4

@marfisa Wished I had written about it earlier, the news came out 2 days ago after @mistymorning posted about Lee Byung Hun finishing his filming on August 27.

Spoiler

The same day he took a flight to Venice with his wife. LBH is attending the 75th Venice International Film Festival Red Carpet Opening & Dinner on August 29. Along with Benedict Cumberbatch, they are Jaeger-LeCoultre PR & Brand Ambassadors.

Because this is the drama thread mainly for related drama discussion, I only posted the Venezia news at Lee Byung Hun soompi thread and on twitter instead. Maybe there is still time for you.. if you'd like catch him in Venice. Not sure if the security would allow it but worth a try, he's quite accommodating for autographs and photos with the waiting fans. ^_^

Recently Korea's movie magazine CINE21 posted an online highlight of MR.SUNSHINE's main cast by posting throwback photos when they appeared for movie pictorials published by the magazine over the years.

Check out the past captures of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Ri, Yoo Yeon Seok, Byun Yo Han and Kim Min Jung. All of them are drama as well as movie actors in their own right, successfully collaborating in the acclaimed hit series MR.SUNSHINE. Most of the (veteran) supporting cast are all incredible movie actors as well.

Photos: CINE21

• Like 7

@Ahpheng Regarding your latest C-Strip - Oh Come on! That boat ride was anything but hostile. If there was any hostility, Ae Shin wouldn't even have asked EC to be her wherry man in the first place. She was curious about him, like he was about her - hence all the questioning back and forth in the boat - but none of it was hostile. In fact, although unacknowledged, the boat ride was the beginning of their romance. Remember ending of E7: AS: This love is quite hard. EC: I should never have taken that boat ride.

• Like 5

@rubie  thank you anyway, it is too late as I should have planned the trip in advance. But I see that he comes often to Venice festival,  so maybe next time! I think I will keep an eye on it... 

edit to add: it could have been fun writing on a big cardboard “Mr. Sunshine” and helding it in the crowd so as to attract his attention... eheh. 

Edited by marfisa
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, mistergenie said:

@Ahpheng Regarding your latest C-Strip - Oh Come on! That boat ride was anything but hostile. If there was any hostility, Ae Shin wouldn't even have asked EC to be her wherry man in the first place. She was curious about him, like he was about her - hence all the questioning back and forth in the boat - but none of it was hostile. In fact, although unacknowledged, the boat ride was the beginning of their romance. Remember ending of E7: AS: This love is quite hard. EC: I should never have taken that boat ride.

Aigoo.... please give me a break ! If you look at the picture of the boat ride , AS certainly looked unfriendly to me and 'hostile' was the first word that came to mind, and I would have corrected the corresponding pic to 'romantic' instead of 'friendly'. 

My English is not good as many here and I tried to create strips that are funny, light hearted and easy to understand, if you look properly , there were many spelling and grammatical mistakes as well. And there are times when I might have picked the wrong adjective as well. 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Ahpheng said:

Aigoo.... please give me a break ! If you look at the picture of the boat ride , AS certainly looked unfriendly to me and 'hostile' was the first word that came to mind, and I would have corrected the corresponding pic to 'romantic' instead of 'friendly'. 

My English is not good as many here and I tried to create strips that are funny, light hearted and easy to understand, if you look properly , there were many spelling and grammatical mistakes as well. And there are times when I might have picked the wrong adjective as well. 

I tend to get too emotionally invested. I apologize if my thoughts came across as a bit 'hostile'. :tounge_wink:

Please, no need to explain. We are truly grateful for your efforts. Spelling mistake or not, 100% exact interpretation or not, wrong adjective or not, your strips are amazing, they make me laugh and feel warmth. What more can I ask?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

August 29, 2018

MR.SUNSHINE 5-color: 5-character 5 fateful tokens

Source: enews24 (Google-translate)

ms241.jpg

1. Eugene Choi - music box

2. Go Ae Shin - red pinwheel

3. Gu Dong Mae - coin

4. Kudo Hina - handkerchief

5. Kim Hee Sung - pocket watch

Photo: sadgasna