[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@rubie, thank you for nice choseok wishes~ 

For another Mr. Sunshine special, I don't think so. I think at that time they have something else scheduled, and will show The Fortress(Another LBH movie, i heard that it's good but haven't had a chance to watch this one yet) after that.

So almost 7 days to wait for episode 23, 24....:tears: Not sure how I will be able to manage my life if it's a sad ending. I mean, historically it was a sad ending, but can we have a glimpse of sunshine in the middle of tragedy? 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

@rubie, thank you for nice choseok wishes~ 

For another Mr. Sunshine special, I don't think so. I think at that time they have something else scheduled, and will show The Fortress(Another LBH movie, i heard that it's good but haven't had a chance to watch this one yet) after that.

So almost 7 days to wait for episode 23, 24....:tears: Not sure how I will be able to manage my life if it's a sad ending. I mean, historically it is a sad ending, but can we have a glimpse of sunshine in the middle of tragedy? 

It has to be a bittersweet ending. A hope which resonance with the drama title Mr. Sunshine. 

Happy Choseok @Mistymorning, appreciate your hard-works on the translation.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

So almost 7 days to wait for episode 23, 24....:tears: Not sure how I will be able to manage my life if it's a sad ending. I mean, historically it is a sad ending, but can we have a glimpse of sunshine in the middle of tragedy? 

It's almost like a no way out of the dilemma, huh :unsure:.. quite the first for many of us watching Kdramas.. when it's usually happy fairytale endings vs some with open endings vs very rarely sad/bad endings. But how do we deal with MR.SUNSHINE.. th_sigh.gif .. it's inevitable yet unpredictable.

Anyways.. also not forgetting.. 

Wishing a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival for everyone celebrating! kaoani_whiteball_01.gif

Thanks to Ruro for this lovely creation ~

• Like 8

2 hours ago, kansas424 said:

It has to be a bittersweet ending. A hope which resonance with the drama title Mr. Sunshine. 

Happy Choseok @Mistymorning, appreciate your hard-works on the translation.

I can take bitter sweet ending as long as sweet part there for characters we love.

I am watching special right now, and there are deleted scenes in this special, one of them is HN-HS blind date scene. This is so funny so I had to translate. Clip from naver(https://tv.naver.com/v/4113048)

WI: I heard a bad news. Your engagement has fallen apart. Do not mind it too much, there will be a better match.

WP(HS's father): Of course, there are more than enough. One thing missing is a job though... Well I heard that rail company is a promising business.

WI: As long as you promise to invest enough money, I can introduce you to important people...Wouldn't it be better to be a millionaire in rising Japan than a billionaire in falling Joseon?

WP: What a great idea!

HS knocking on table 3 times.

HS:(to HN) My father intends to be pro-Japan nowadays.

HN:(to HS) It's been 30 years since my father became a traitor.

HS: Is that so. I'm often getting doused with water on street due to my grandfather's sins.

HN: I need to put a gun under my pillow to get to sleep.

HS: (Laughing) oh my, your dreams must be terrible.

HN: (Smiling) In your case, days must be so.

HS and HN toast their coffee cups and drink, laughing/smiling at each other. WI and WP looking at them aghast, sighing.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Thanks 2

@mistymorning LOL! That is so sarcastic, and funny.. but very straight-to-the-point sarcasm.:P What can the offspring do.. but to grow up cynical of their fathers. Too bad they cut this scene, and a number of other scenes as well. :mellow: 

This is the clip of the scene, right.. posted by Sadgasna. You can insert it into your post if you like .. and I'll delete from mine later.

• Like 8

@rubie, well, your post is right under mine, so should be okay? that clip starts from different point too.

Now that I watched all of the special, I think I have to get my hands on that director's cut Blu-ray/DVD. Especially for that US legation scene where EC and AS gazing at each other. :D  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello. Wishing a happy and cheerful Chuseok celebration to those who are celebrating.

I have been lurking for some time and finally decided to register before the finale. Choosing my ID name to remind me of my favorite character in the show --Kim Hee Sung, the Star Writer :). Just wanted to say what a wonderful drama Mr. Sunshine is .. with its social and historical significance, this will be a drama that will not be easily forgotten. Thankful to everyone who made this possible. I can see the hard work not just from the Stars but also the production crew behind the scenes. Hoping for a happy ending, if not for the story itself, then at least for our 5 lead protagonists.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mistymorning said:

Now that I watched all of the special, I think I have to get my hands on that director's cut Blu-ray/DVD. Especially for that US legation scene where EC and AS gazing at each other. :D  

This one, right! :lol: I'm just wondering though.. even without the survey, wouldn't the drama production house and tvN(?) have already decided to come out with a Director's cut? Just like what they did with the nice OST DVDs and goodies? But it's better to be sure and demand for it! :P

Hello and welcome to @writteninthestars09 to soompi's MR.SUNSHINE thread! It's good to read your thoughts and hopefully many more will de-lurk to join the discussion as we approach the finale, however the story goes.. shining bright or sinking till the end (hopefully the former). We sure miss a lot of regular fans at the thread, even after the drama ends.. wishing many more will start watching and continue the topic.

Speaking of regulars.. runs and hugs @Ahpheng .. As Lady Ae Shin would say it.. You come! You come!th_hug.gif

Chuseok greetings from SooMi (Shin Soo Yeon) :blush:

1537639788938104.jpg

Spoiler

1537640167271981.jpg

Source: Xportsnews

• Like 8

Ben's OST has just been released - nice to see DM and HN on the cover :)

Since Ben's OST is not listed in the DVD, my guess is that there is no official MV for her OST.  So thanks to KDrama Freaks for the prompt upload of her beautiful song.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, cynkdf said:

Ben's OST has just been released - nice to see DM and HN on the cover :)

Since Ben's OST is not listed in the DVD, my guess is that there is no official MV for her OST.  So thanks to KDrama Freaks for the prompt upload of her beautiful song.

This fan made MV with Mr Sunshine OST part 14 is very nice. But thought it is more of a Dong Mae Hina song though.

Credit: @Lily Classique 2 YouTube 

When is the OST by Hwang Chi Yeol to be released? We have been waiting. I hope it is not going to be the OST for the ending when someone like Eugene or Ae Shin passed away. My heart will be broken. 

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, charray said:

This fan made MV with Mr Sunshine OST part 14 is very nice. But thought it is more of a Dong Mae Hina song though.
Credit: @Lily Classique 2 YouTube

When is the OST by Hwang Chi Yeol to be released? We have been waiting. I hope it is not going to be the OST for the ending when someone like Eugene or Ae Shin passed away. My heart will be broken. 

Thanks for the link to the MV  - would have preferred HN & DM scenes.

Eng  lyrics available in this video - cr: setsu29

According to a HCY fan, his OST will be released on 30 September. Hoping it won't played during the sending off of yet another beautiful soul.  My guess is that the OST may contain spoiler-ish (is there such a word?) lyrics hence the delay in releasing it ... so PERHAPS HCY might have an idea of the ending for EC and AS but he can't say what it is (of course). What he can say is (in English) :)

Spoiler

Wishing those who celebrate this Festival Happy Chuseok/Happy Mid-Autumn Festival!

• Like 5

Happy Chooseok~

@Ahpheng, welcome back! and welcome to use my translation at any time! I'm doing this to share the joy of Mr. Sunshine. :)

@rubie, from what I read, for the Blu-ray/DVD those must be requested from viewer's side. Apparently that has been always true for all the other previous dramas from KES and LEB. So, if demand number isn't enough, we'll not get it. :tears: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1