[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Although I was well aware that Yoo Yeon Seok played the role of a transgender person in the Hedwig musical, I didnt know Byun Yo Han did the same role as well. No wonder both their diction is so good. Such a coincidence. This transgender role had been played by a few actors and seems to be a role that actor's challenge themselves to do. :)

credit infor to yooyeonsuk ifc

PuDiYII.jpg

Its amazing how the show managed to add in product placements like the sweets and the cake. I thought the rainbow colour cake was too modern for that era.

sat tomorrow!:)

• Like 10

@Ahpheng! Your c-strips are getting crazier! :lol: At this rate, Ae Shin might take Eugene as her hostage and can never ever leave! Nope! :P

Published on August 12, 2018 by Stone Music Entertainment

PARK WON – STRANGER (이방인) MR. SUNSHINE OST PART 8

Credit: POPGASA  

Though I walk as if I’m lost

My heart won’t allow me and traps me

On a night when even the moonlight hides

You shine without fail

An endless dawn is passing
Feelings slowly grow thicker

Day after day, I draw you out
But I’m only looking as my footsteps stop

Looking at the sudden reality
I’m closing my eyes again, I dreamed a dream that was too good for me

This lingering longing gives such misery
But it still tastes so sweet to me

An endless dawn is passing
Feelings slowly grow thicker

Day after day, I draw you out
But I’m only looking as my footsteps stop

The flower petals are falling
Sighs covered by the sound of the rain

I repeat your name over and over
Calling out to you without a sound

In my life filled with regrets
You embrace me, who is disappearing

It’s a weak promise but
My heart won’t ever change

ms222.jpg

• Like 6

I screencapped and edited stills of Hina in episodes 11-12 cause she was serving some major looks. The three below are my favorites but there's more here

tumblr_pdj5g6BuYe1qm5w5wo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdj5g6BuYe1qm5w5wo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_pdj5g6BuYe1qm5w5wo10_1280.jpg

I also went back to the highlight video to see what's coming our way this week (and possibly next). You can check out the stills here

• Like 9

Why do I have the feeling that AS will go to America as an ambassador? She is learning English, relationship with Eugene, friendship with Kyle and American soldiers (future), one of the leaders of RA (future). AS is noble woman from one of the most powerful families in Joseon.

She will be seriously wounded after battle and slowly recover? EC and the others will send her to America (EC and Kyle will be aware that she will be ignored but it is about her safety). 

I can already see through the eyes of the imagination how she goes in the winter in men's gloves on the streets of Washington and arouses the curiosity of the locals - hanbok and men's gloves :)

my thoughts:

pics: EC/HS fight vs ronins? AS will come there with a visit and a gun :) 

HS will see her for the first time in a mask and suit and with a gun.

EC has gloves. HS visited AS at school and she had gloves in her hands. He will guess their relationship.

Preview: Grandfather AS and HS (meeting) makes sense because then he will reveal their relationship. 

• Like 2

@aurelionsol yes, I think AS will migrate to US with EC.

That is one natural ending and exit plan for her. Because Korea will be colonize very soon in this time period, and nobody remain behind has it easy during that period. Unless they really want to turn AS and EC into martyr patriots who choose to stay behind. Maybe HS will join them too, he should be rich enough to buy the ship ticket. DM and HN will go to Japan. Happy ending for all, nobody dies. :)

KES will have to be careful of the ending, but I would think when she first thought about the story, she should have some inkling of the ending she wants to tell.

Ever since soompi keep revamping their site, the forums has become such a quiet place. So different from the buzzling discussion area from just a few years ago.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, mistymorning said:

New stills released for episode 14!

Hide contents

from http://news1.kr/articles/?3400769

'Mr Sunshine' LBH and BYH fighting against the group of ronins raising temperature of TV.

@Ahphengas always, your strips are awesome. Annul the engagement one made me laugh out loud.

My speculation about these stills : Ae Shin has to pay her debt to Dong Mae. She goes alone to Jingogae. HS and Eugene come to know of this - both arrive there separately or maybe together, are refused entry and face off against the ronins. Some scuffle must happen because Eugene is injured in one of the stills. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

@Ahphengas always, your strips are awesome. Annul the engagement one made me laugh out loud.

My speculation about these stills : Ae Shin has to pay her debt to Dong Mae. She goes alone to Jingogae. HS and Eugene come to know of this - both arrive there separately or maybe together, are refused entry and face off against the ronins. Some scuffle must happen because Eugene is injured in one of the stills. 

Yes. I like it (second possible scenario). Speculation time: DM + Aeshin (hanbok) coming and stop this fight. 
The scene fits perfectly into the funny style of writers (KES). Sure there will be some funny sentences perfect for Ahpheng :)

I'm still sure that HS will guess their relationship thanks to gloves.

Edit:

AS pays her attention to scratches on the EC head. HS notices it and gloves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistergenie said:

Oh I like this possibility. It makes sense! @Ahpheng I scrapped the one I speculate earlier.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aurelionsol said:

Why do I have the feeling that AS will go to America as an ambassador? 

Sorry, no government position is possible for women at that time. And at the end of 1905, after Russian-Japan war, Japan will take Korea's power of diplomacy by force. So no ambassador any more.

History is the spoiler for this drama. KES is known for happy endings, I wonder how she will make another happy ending out of this, or will be sad ending eventually.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mistymorning said:

Sorry, no government position is possible for women at that time. And at the end of 1905, after Russian-Japan war, Japan will take Korea's power of diplomacy by force. So no ambassador any more.

History is the spoiler for this drama. KES is known for happy endings, I wonder how she will make another happy ending out of this, or will be sad ending eventually.

I wrote that she will be ignored. I didnt wrote that she will be sent by the emperor and the government. The purpose of sending her will be to ensure safety since she is like a mother of Korea (educated, knows culture). I think there is another hidden symbol here. She will return to Korea in 1945 with American soldiers. Political correctness?

Im not here to argue :)

5 hours ago, rubie said:

Didn't see it while watching the drama. Only realized it when making the GIF. :) Ae Shin giving Eugene the nudge when he came too close. :P

Stand back, sniper-boy! th_laughing.gif

She is embarrassed? because he came too close (reaction and eyes - young inexperienced woman,

he is still her first love) and then she nudged him (fits her character) :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1