[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Hi @kreatifbunch, welcome to the thread! Good to see you posting, finally. :)Hope many more will post their thoughts, questions, anything about the drama.. indeed,MR.SUNSHINE does have its own followers despite everything else.

It was till recently indicated that Go Ae Sun was married or still married to someone. But no mention on the husband, only that he now has a child with his mistress. Nope, Go Ae Sun is not the mistress of the foreign minister. They do look rather alike somehow.. another similarity, both like to gamble though, in fact they're always gambling together and catfighting at the table.  

Apart from the fanboys' (now regular) drinking sessions, EC also has his legation family albeit annoyingly cute at times :lol: 

So, Eugene.. you are not alone.. no no..

Clip: mrsunshinedramaa

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I feel like I'm stalking you! We're in another place together! Hello!!!

Haha or maybe I’m the one stalking you :P 

after the wonderful are you human show, this is a great romance kdrama to fill my withdrawals with. Different plot, setting and overall genres but the originality keeps you just as engaged at AYHT.

i hope we get a kiss this weekend!!

• Like 1

isn't it juvenile to be joking/fighting for a woman and 90% of content around forced "bromance" between three men when the stakes are so high??

KES probably stuck gold with the goblin and DOTS bromance (was it because of acting? but i can't fault acting in Mr sunshine. .. and heirs bromance was all KWB :P)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kreatifbunch said:

Hi.. all. I've been following Mr Sunshine since Ep. 1. Now I wonder who is Go Ae-Sun? To whom she is married to? Is she the same person who is the Minister's misstress who ran away with gold bars ?

https://imgur.com/a/13jXIDc

Go Ae-Sun,

she gambling and have sly personality against AeShin (newspaper, her parents were not officialy married, speaks with superiority but AeShin use riposts and calm down her)

we dont know who she married, some rich guy from a noble family

https://imgur.com/a/mT3dNTW

Go Ae-Sun mother  

https://imgur.com/a/Gy0Kabo

Go Ae-Sun and Ae-Shin Grandfather

at first I thought AeSun would marry Kyle because he is very interested in their appearance.

Aeshin + EC, Aesun + Kyle

funny family connection

(AeSun change her attitude after the events in the country? We dont like her right now but many characters grow up and this is what writers do in this series)

When i heard AeSun is married this information destroyed one of my theories :(

I hope in the future noble marriage will be annulled/canceled (I still cant find a reason but maybe writers came up with something interesting)

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, rubie said:

Hi @kreatifbunch, welcome to the thread! Good to see you posting, finally. :)Hope many more will post their thoughts, questions, anything about the drama.. indeed,MR.SUNSHINE does have its own followers despite everything else.

It was till recently indicated that Go Ae Sun was married or still married to someone. But no mention on the husband, only that he now has a child with his mistress. Nope, Go Ae Sun is not the mistress of the foreign minister. They do look rather alike somehow.. another similarity, both like to gamble though, in fact they're always gambling together and catfighting at the table.  

Apart from the fanboys' (now regular) drinking sessions, EC also has his legation family albeit annoyingly cute at times :lol: 

So, Eugene.. you are not alone.. no no..

Clip: mrsunshinedramaa

Thnks Rubie for the clarification. Ae Sun and mistress look alike that i thought they are the same person. So Ae Sun & Ae Shin are cousins or auntie/niece ?

Agreed that EC legation family are cute, so does Do Mi

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, kreatifbunch said:

Thnks Rubie for the clarification. Ae Sun and mistress look alike that i thought they are the same person. So Ae Sun & Ae Shin are cousins or auntie/niece ?

Agreed that EC legation family are cute, so does Do Mi

No problem at all! ^_^ If Ae Sun became the mistress of the minister, it'll definitely be bad news for Ae Shin's well-known grandfather. Ae Sun's biggest flaw is her attitude and addiction to gambling. But then, apart from Gunner Jang, no one knows (yet) about Ae Shin and Eugene which would create even bigger scandal.. for obvious reasons. :unsure:

Ae Sun and Ae Shin are cousins, if not mistaken she's the daughter of the archery expert aunt. Hee Sung called her cousin-in-law when they introduced themselves at the pawnshop.

Another nice fan artwork, simple but sweet. A compilation of these would make a nice coloring book for Kdrama fans.. like, why not. :lol:

Art by aann.97

• Like 5

On 8/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, rubie said:

No problem at all! ^_^ If Ae Sun became the mistress of the minister, it'll definitely be bad news for Ae Shin's well-known grandfather. Ae Sun's biggest flaw is her attitude and addiction to gambling. But then, apart from Gunner Jang, no one knows (yet) about Ae Shin and Eugene which would create even bigger scandal.. for obvious reasons. :unsure:

Ae Sun and Ae Shin are cousins, if not mistaken she's the daughter of the archery expert aunt. Hee Sung called her cousin-in-law when they introduced themselves at the pawnshop.

Another nice fan artwork, simple but sweet. A compilation of these would make a nice coloring book for Kdrama fans.. like, why not. :lol:

Art by aann.97

If my theory with EC leaving and return Joseon is correct, change of law by the king, acceptance AS+EC relationship (mostly among ordinary people and low-born and few noble families allied with Go)... part of the aristocracy may not accept this fact and husband AeSun annul the marriage because he cant imagine having in his family (cousins in law) a former slave. 

How will AeSun get interested in Kyle after marriage annulment and change her bad behavior and becoming in future better person? EC became known, respected despite his low origin. Kyle is a major in the US Army and gives the impression of being someone from a good, wealthy American family. He is also handsome, funny and people like him. 

My pairings:

AeShin+EC

Aesun+Kyle (they have not met yet but I'm counting on this relationship for some reasons in future,

grandfather is against contacts with the Westerners and he will have an American in his family Kyle and former slave EC)

Hina+HS (father traitor and pro-japanese + terrifying grandfather/family)

DM+Hotaru

Jang Sung Go+Hongpa

left+right hand AS (servants)

All the time I think that Hina father poisoned her Japanese husband (her poison could be detected but she is convinced that it is her job). He didnt know that he gave the daughter to the sadist (her scars). 

He wanted marry her well because mother and daughter were from Joseon (origin). 

Father hides her mother (she still alive and hide in Joseon) because wife and daughter are the only things he cares about. He cant be completely villain because he is too boring and that would give him a human expression.

@aurelionsol I don't think Ae Sun have ever met Kyle, at least not face to face (even EC have not met her).. or maybe I missed it. :unsure: If anything, if Ae Sun's character would get a bigger exposure (so far, she appeared in one episode and disappears in the next two).. if she wasn't married, maybe her 'love interest' would be the ex-slave hunter (the pawnshop co-owner). Ae Shin's English teacher was the one smitten by Kyle when they accidentally met on the streets. Maybe.. if.. fated that Ae Shin did not end up with Eugene (hope not!), then some of the supporting 'couples' may have a bit of happy ending.. as consolation. Just my thoughts..

MR.SUNSHINE cast and crew enjoying their meal at the Nonsan filming set. Photo uploaded by one of Dong Mae's men.

I think there's the Japanese soldier (will he appear again and kill someone :wacko:).. with Do Mi and his sister at the table.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rubie said:

@aurelionsol I don't think Ae Sun have ever met Kyle, at least not face to face (even EC have not met her).. or maybe I missed it. If anything, if Ae Sun's character would get a bigger exposure (so far, she appeared in one episode and disappears in the next two).. if she wasn't married, maybe her 'love interest' would be the ex-slave hunter (the pawnshop co-owner). Ae Shin's English teacher was the one smitten by Kyle when they accidentally met on the streets. Maybe.. if.. fated that Ae Shin did not end up with Eugene (hope not!), then some of the supporting 'couples' may have a bit of happy ending.. as consolation. Just my thoughts..

MR.SUNSHINE cast and crew enjoying their meal at the Nonsan filming set. Photo uploaded by one of Dong Mae's men.

I think there's the Japanese soldier (will he appear again and kill someone :wacko:).. with Do Mi and her sister at the table.

Aesun has not met Kyle yet, 10 episodes behind us (half). I think Japanese soldier avoided the execution (agreement between Joseon and Japan, We didnt saw the execution. Why? Maybe they killed someone else and Japanese soldier leave or hide to silence the matter). He will appear during the future battle RA vs Japan and die from the hands of the EC or AS?

• Like 1