[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

On 8/6/2018 at 12:34 PM, Berou said:

[SPOILERS!!!][Mr. Sunshine Roundup] Episode 9 + 10

1. [+5767, -466] Wow it's really fun.... It's a masterpiece where you won't be surprised if it gets ratings over 40%

2. [+4430, -101] Righteous army night begins. Eventually, because of Captain Ae Shin they'll sync up and Lee Byung Hun will become Captain Joseon, Byun Yo Han is Joseon Stark, and Yoo Yeon Seok is Dong Mae Eye and they'll form righteous army avengers. Min Jung Widow, Moo Sung Hulk, and Kap Soo Strange will be back up. 
↪ [+263, -7] Crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
↪ [+134, -3] What is this comment ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ the comparison is daebak     
↪ [+175, -1] You are a genius

3. [+3792, -832] It had to be Lee Byung Hun. (t/n: They're saying it had to be Lee Byung Hun who plays the role of Eugene Choi) 

4. [+3008, -224] I feel like Kim Eun Sook's life work is 'Mr. Sunshine'. The immersion is also really good. More than anything, because the actors are so good at acting, it feels like you're in awe and more in awe. Lee Byung Hun is seriously, wow~~~ amazing. They made a drama into a high quality movie. Kim Tae Ri just seems like Go Ae Shin, she confuses me into thinking that her character existed in real life and she looks so good in hanbok. Today's ending was so sad ㅠ

5. [+1536, -104] This is really the best.. To the point where they can't make it better 

6. [+945, -11] The last part in today's episode where they asked, "This Joseon you're trying to protect, who is it for?" and when the A-frame carrier righteous army member said, "It's still my country I protect". I hope people will no longer watch this drama and say it's a glamorization of pro-Japanese and what not. Criticizing our own problems isn't a pro-Japanese glamorization or a colonial view of history. A true patriot isn't a person who blindly takes the side of their country but rather, it's a person who works hard so that their country walks on the right path. 

7. [+793, -44] Lee Byung Hun is seriously really good at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ When he was getting revenge for his parents, his facial expression was really chilling...

1. [+1794, -49] Sigh... I feel like it's really the best drama... it's so fun 

2. [+968, -22] His acting where he was sobbing under his hat was daebak

3. [+861, -26] At the kiln site when Eun San told Eugene to stay the night and Eugene cried, seriously his tears ㅠㅠ Lee Byung Hun is seriously really good at acting ㅠㅠ The soundless cry made those tears sadder ㅠㅠ He did what the king told him to do, he also loved with Ae Shin, and also learned Hangul from Do Mi, let's stay in Joseon, where are you gonna go ㅠㅠ

4. [+849, -35] I got chills at the end!!! Mr. Sunshine is Lee Byung Hun

5. [+766, -25] Eugene - Sunshine, Dong Mae - Snow, Hee Sung - Star.... aka stupid, idiot, wuss 

6. [+402, -12] Kim Sarang was originally supposed to play Kim Min Jung's role of Kudo Hina. She quit because she was sick but I feel like Kim Min Jung is the perfect match.

credits: Ddoboja

I love this comment so much....and totally agreed with his definition of what a patriot is. 

• Like 3

I have a different theory but it's more crazy. DM was in the army (Japanese?). Look how he moves in Jemulpo and looks for a good position to shot. He is trained and uses topography of the area. EC find out about his past and experience (he knew names japanese sergeants). EC was behind Aeshin showing signals (morse code or similar with mirror? he show up only for few seconds and hide) and aimed his gun at DM (she only looked at DM and coudnt see EC). We again dont see all scenes in Jemulpo. DM said EC he was not good with guns but he gave the perfect shot in the leg.

https://imgur.com/a/TM77GCr

Edited by aurelionsol
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, ryudian said:

my fav is Hee sung. In the preview he told Aeshin to run to him and hide if things get hard:"

For me, HS is definitely catching up on EC.  I really like the way he is protecting AS, very different.  It is unfair for me to totally not like him because there isn’t much about him except his love for gambling and not having any ambition.  There is just a mystery about his true inner self which I hope we will get to see in the coming episodes.

• Like 9

August 7, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: Episode 10

by dramallama Dramabeans.com

Joseon is constantly changing, but some points of change have yet to fulfill the hopes of the abandoned Joseon people. Eugene faces the harsh realities of Joseon society that still treat him as a foreigner, a stranger in his own home country. Realizing his unfulfilled hopes, Eugene takes a step back and reconsiders his allegiances to a nation that never considered him as their own.

sunshine-10-00222.jpg

EPISODE 10 RECAP HERE

• Like 7

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

That LBH movie.... I still have leftover effects from watching that movie years back. It's so gory and sad.... the feel from watching it, just....mind-blowing.... when acting feels so real, the delivery of emotions get to you passing through any possible barriers, that's just pure satisfaction for viewer such as me. Except for those effortless action scenes, I personally feel LBH was underutilised in his hollywood movies, with regard to his actual acting strenght. A pity, that...

• Like 5

@Ahpheng not really... not that active in IG but I make sure to check out your strips regularly.

I have spent all my years indulging in works of LBH but this time my focus has shifted and I changed my course. 

Clues: selected strips, bias alert.

There you go! Ehehehehe

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zba72 said:

For me, HS is definitely catching up on EC.  I really like the way he is protecting AS, very different.  It is unfair for me to totally not like him because there isn’t much about him except his love for gambling and not having any ambition.  There is just a mystery about his true inner self which I hope we will get to see in the coming episodes.

Actually besides EC and DM, HS is also a victim of his family. During the earlier convo with his grandpa, when his grandpa told him how proud he was about his grandson going overseas to study, HS's face really showed he feel burdened.

His is a typical case of being born into a well to do family but cant cope with the expectations and felt helpless against the things that hus dad n grandpa did.

Hopefully he finds his calling soon and purpose in life.

• Like 11