[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@Ahpheng  Your posts always make me smile:blush:

I love the relationship that the 3 amigos have formed as odd as it is and I can't help but laugh at the writing that seems so funny and them becoming something I look forward to in just seeing them together.  It shouldn't make sense knowing they all love the same woman or at least have feelings for her and yet the writer makes it work.  It's like they are each different and yet they are the same.  I was moved when Eugene asked about the butchers life as well as the slaves.  I love this feeling of this love/hate bond that I believe they all know what is what and yet they seem to understand one another as well. 

giphy.gif

Some things that shouldn't be possible, are...

Some things that make no sense, in their case does...

Somehow it shows that no matter the differences there can still be a sense of respect...

Edited by Guest
correction of course :{

13 hours ago, grapefruit7 said:

I also love those humor too.. It somehow made my heavy heart to smile

And those 2 guys bringing HS to EC room was really funny moment to haha 

HS would definitely make me cry later if he get hurt or really get heartbroken.. coz his character hides this emotion for now, but i know one way or another, its going to happen. 

I also feel like HS is a very lonely guy. The conversation he had with AS when he said no one is rooting for him, *sigh*. All three guys are lonely in their own way. Being lonely is never a good thing ... 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, blademan said:

I'm assuming we don't have to be too worried about EC and AS :P

Yet to see these scenes...

Reveal hidden contents

LOL I know righttt

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Hello everyone! I want to join this soon I should catch up. I'm behind.

So I first saw Lee Byung Hyun in "I Saw the Devil." (2010).

This is my favorite scene from I Saw the Devil:

Image result for lee byung hun cry i saw the devil ending gif

Related image''

This looks like a man who says, "He killed my wife." and "I got my revenge."

But it also looks like a man who says, "It's over, but why am I so much pain?"

I don't know why he is crying. I think he it was painful.

The villain is also a great actor:

I think his name is Choi Min Sik.Image result for choi min sik

And the director is amazing! Kim Jae-Woon!

off-topic:

I thought, "I don't want to watch this." But my sister told me to watch it. And I don't regret it. And this drama is on Netflix! 

I'm using her account. I can't afford it! I hope I catch up soon. I can't wait to watch it with all of you and discuss it with you.

And Lee Byung Hyun was in Gi-Joe Rise of the Cobra. It's a movie that's in U.S. So I have seen him a lot! I didn't follow him. 

But I want to watch this! And didn't see Kim Tae-Ri in the Handmaiden, but I saw a few clips. I think she's a great actress.

I'm sorry. The Handmaiden might not be a movie that everyone likes. So I will join you all soon!

• Like 6

August 6, 2018

Mr. Sunshine: Episode 9

by dramallama Dramabeans.com

Eugene makes pivotal decisions that determine his alliances, and it’s a breath of fresh air to finally see a more decisive Eugene who’s ready to confront the consequences of his choices. Ae-shin’s assertive nature seems to be rubbing off on him, and it’s leading to some satisfying payoff. Dong-mae and Hee-sung still remain relatively idle, though they seem to be strategically inactive as they try to navigate the new knowledge of Ae-shin’s other identity.

sunshine-09-00159.jpg

EPISODE 9 RECAP HERE 

Hello to sibling of @2handsintertwined, welcome to MR.SUNSHINE! :D

ISTD (I Saw the Devil) is a favorite of mine as well, despite the incredibly gory and gruesome sadistic movie. Frankly, can only watch not that many scenes (the rest were too much to stomach :vicx:). However, check out the ISTD thread here at soompi to talk, share and some more stuff from the movie.

There's also thread each for Lee Byung Hun and Dir. Kim Jee Woon. Hopefully after MR.SUNSHINE, someone can start a thread for Kim Tae Ri as well. This wonderfully talented actress (it's hard to find an acting gem like her :wub:) hasn't got her own soompi thread yet. 

• Like 6

my fav is Hee sung. In the preview he told Aeshin to run to him and hide if things get hard:"

Heesung ahhhh~

don't be hurt

and please, pretty pretty pleaseeeee don't be the bad guy!!!!!

okay?! okayyyy?!!!

• Like 4

1. I've gotta say that the lady hotel owner has been exceptional on her role. Her looks, her dreamy gaze, her clothes, wow. I just love every scene of hers..

2. That scene between Eugene and the old man potter in the last episode made me teared up a bit. That acting there was classic Byung Hyun.. superb. 

• Like 11

I read this on Weibo, written by a Chinese fan and just wanted to share it here. I know DongMae is not popular on this thread but still, following are some of his strengths:

Setting aside his Mafia and violent background, DM is not merely a brute guy, he is bilingual and is equally adept at swords and guns.  He is actually quite intelligent, he can remember things easily (the guys on the train carriage that he noticed missing at the harbour).  He is decisive and a fast thinker as shown at Jemulpo when he realised he has fallen into a trap. He tried to get his guys to move but when he failed to do so, he thought about the telephone. 

He has principles in the course of conducting his work and is charismatic at the negotiation table. Once he is insulted as a butcher, he bang the table and refused the job.  He has management and business development skills in security services, money-lending and running the flower entertainment centre. However he is also sensitive and considerate to the women he cares about : dressing Hina's wound, running stationery errand for his mute companion  and letting the comrade of AS go.

He seems rather forgiving to his band of subordinates, except for using them as sandbags to vent his frustrations, he dont seems to punish them for fail room searches and breach of command at the Jemulpo harbour. 

The most interesting of all, the writer of the above comment said that in the scene when the chamber maid came to exchange information for money, DM was having his meal, but there were no meat dishes. Seems like he is actually a vegan, perhaps he has an issue with eating meat being from a butcher family.

So above is the incredible list of his traits.

-----

The korean petition against the Japanese portrayal seems to be gaining traction at 27000 signatures (soompi just posted an article on it). So anyway, I just hope people just treat DM as a story character, yeah. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thought the song used by the poster in this IG post blend so well with the Ae Shin Eugene scene. Really gives me the feels of the sad romance. Unfortunately it is only a part of the song. Would have loved to listen to the whole song.

• Like 4

Im not fluent in english. Where was EC? My thoughts about this. We only saw what they wanted show us. I think that they reveal a few scenes that were previously cut out to complete the story (sooner or later - they add flashbacks). DM said EC was in Jemulpo. 

DM changed his target to her leg (Aeshin) because EC wanted it and aimed his gun at him. Why? He wanted scary her and force her leave RA after this experience (RA is dangerous and u can be hurt or die in action). EC coudnt shoot myself (AS is woman he loves) but used DM.  

https://imgur.com/a/EVFS6hj

Edited by aurelionsol
  • Like 1