[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Favourite scene from today :lol:

The way he kept searching for her gaze and AS trying her best to avoid his!!!

and EC is so obviously jellybean :P

Also HE WANTED TO WALK HER HOME OH MY GOD THEY NEED TO STOP WITH THIS CHEMISTRY!!!!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

I don’t understand how people can ship AS with DMS, it is clearly showed that AS is terrified of him and he seems to think that if he can’t have her no one else can.. when he found out that her fiancé came back he had that killer look like he wanted to kill someone. It feels like a toxic ship you guys are building. I’m not trying to start anything but if some of you can explain why you ship them please elaborate for me why you do :).

• Like 7

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

The question is: will he lose power as well? He is not realizing that his family might lose in the long term, when Japan take over Joseon. Or will he side with Japan in order to maintain his social status? 

He is a womanizer and a gambler and his wealth is not limitless. 

@Ahpheng @USAFarmgirl @alekaonu 

This part is incredibly important and i wonder where it will go i think out of the hes most likely to betray Korea i think the others will die for Ae Shin and we know in history Japan invade and take over so im worried for everyone when this happens .

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, viktormani said:

I don’t understand how people can ship AS with DMS, it is clearly showed that AS is terrified of him and he seems to think that if he can’t have her no one else can.. when he found out that her fiancé came back he had that killer look like he wanted to kill someone. It feels like a toxic ship you guys are building. I’m not trying to start anything but if some of you can explain why you ship them please elaborate for me why you do :).

I dont really ship them but i love DM's character whose always been hurting and so hateful i love characters like this falling in love and finding love.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viktormani said:

I don't ship AS with DM either, but i love DM. Lol

You are right, AS definitely will never take DM as lover, one touch to her skirt, she was too disgusted she throw it away. But DM is desperately in love, he keeps eat that candy just to feel her presence, and everytime he meets her he just can't help but to stare too long to be polite, ended up make AS always in guard around him. DM should learn a thing or two on how treat a woman with EC.

Btw, the looks when DM holds AS skirt is not that he wants to kill her if he can not have her, he wants her so bad but holding back. Hmm.. the 3 gentlemans want her so bad, the last thing they want would be a gentleman with her. There i said it lol. DM is just too rough on showing that.

Notice how DM hold AS skirt with his thumb and  index finger only? He doesn't put much strength on it, because he doesn't want to take off her skirt, at least not there and when she is unwilling haha. he just wants to buy some time for himself to explaining AS, that he is doing nothing that can harm her. Her opinion about him matter because there is love under the lust.

Though if i were AS i would definitely freak out if someone feeling my skirt like that.

About the killer look like he wanted to kill someone, in hotel when HS is introduced as AS fiancee, do you notice DM is holding his samurai and EC his gun and HS too ignorant he doesn't know he almost die? Hahaha. 

Out of curiousity, if HS were to know the nature of relationship between AS and two men, what would his choice of weapon be?

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, rubie said:

Cruel revelation crashing his world.. :tears:

At least for Gunner Jang (Seung Gu), despite seeing his father killed right in front of his eyes, he was able to bury his father and perform necessary rituals as a son. But not Eugene.. all he has now.. just sad memories of his mother.

Someone mentioned that Logan Taylor's sought-after documents could be with the baby.. and true enough. It's fate that EC saved the babysitter and her brother to have them trusting him with the important document. Will Eugene thinks as an American or for Joseon?

LBH was really good in episode 6.  There was a range of emotions and revelations for EC to go through.  The restrained acting is A+.

Gunner Seung Gu is not as jaded as I thought he would be for someone who experienced death and war in a time where his country is also at the verge of losing everything.  Both men have the rare kind of compassion and humanity that are seen in people who have already went to war and back.  There's this sympathy and connection for loss between children who have lost/missed their parents too.  Thank god for Eugene that Seung Gu was there to share his grief in a way.   Both men have this decency about them in how they deal with people and situations.  Seung Gu did not hate the man in the American marine uniform.  Maybe because Eugene has already disclosed that his parents were slaves so they were able to connect but that doesn't take away the dignified way which the gunner treat him.  Nor did I see Seung Gu expresses contempt and hatred toward the person who represents the country that killed his father.  

Good question.  Will Eugene hide the valuable evidence to protect Joseon or use it as leverage for the American over Joseon?  For now, I think he will sit on it until he can sort out his personal feelings of where he is from.

I think this has to be my favorite episode so far for Eugene.  It's the most real, to see a man having to battle out all the feelings, revelations after revelations of things he wishes he doesn't know in a way.  When he wrote the letter that he has gone too far in knowing, I felt he also regrets that he came back to Joseon.  

5 hours ago, ari_bian said:

Episode 6 is really good... my heart is already broken just thinking about the consequences of Eugene's decision huhuhu.... I don't want my queen Lady Ae Shin to be heart broken when she finds out ....

I really enjoyed the three men talking and drinking together,,, Hui Seong is so clueless that it is about his fiance that he is disliked lol.

Although, I have to agree with one of the poster here that Hui Seong will be unveiled as an undercover freedom fighter. Because if he is really a spy, then it is just too juicy and KES should not pass up the opportunity to give a twist like that. I mean the King/Emperor have already mentioned that they have a man tailing the evil interpreter/traitor Lee Wan Ik and I have a feeling the reason Hui Seong is in Japan so long was because he was assigned to Lee Wan Ik and any schemes of Japan.... But if KES will just choose to make Hui Seong really just a playboy then it will be such a missed opportunity for good storytelling twist...

and it would be amazing if Hui Seong is actually the new leader of the freedom fighter group that Ae Shin's parents used to be a part of. 

I am very sad for Eugene's decision to make his revenge through Ae Shin but I can understand the flow of  his thinking, I feel like when he confessed to his friend about his feelings, he was already running scared of those feelings so when he found out who Ae Shin's fiance really is, he grab on that excuse that it is for revenge that he will act out his feelings towards Ae Shin which is very stupid of him since in the end of course he will only be caught in a trap of his very own making... he will soon quickly realize that his feelings for Ae Shin is more powerful than his wanting to get revenge and he will just end up destroying himself as what the preview mentioned... but I am still hoping this will be a happy ending because we already have lots of sad beginnings for our characters that I really hope that in the end AS and EC will have a happy ending... pretty please...

I love your post.  @bebebisous33 too: Byun Yo-Han is great as Hui Seong.  Brings back memories of Misaeng!  I don't think HS is 2-D as he appears, not sure whether he is a freedom fighter yet at this point, maybe in the future?  Yes, I know what you mean about him being a spy or even a double agent LOL

How do you like the scene of HS and Don min on the mountain edge with the gorgeous sunset. HS always feels like he has to bear the cross for his family so it will be interesting on how he will act on this feeling.  Will he change anything or repay the present, in regard to Eugene and others who have been wronged by his grandfather? It was something that forced him to stay away but is something he must deal with to grow up as a man.  The weight of this karma is on his mind. He has just pushed it away hoping the day would never come.

• Like 8

@Wotad Misaeng is good, on Netflix currently.  BYH is charming there.

@ladyme HS's weapon of choice?  Think he will ask DM and EC to sit down for a game of poker.  Losers step back in pursuit of Ae Shin.  I said game of poker cuz HS is good at manipulating and using his charm as his weapon :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

14 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

@Wotad

@ladyme HS's weapon of choice?  Think he will ask DM and EC to sit down for a game of poker.  Losers step back in pursuit of Ae Shin.  I said game of poker cuz HS is good at manipulating and using his charm as his weapon :D

Haha that would be fun game, imagining DM will be too impatient to finish the game and EC will ridicule them two 

Suddenly i remember the first episode, when HS brings flower to AS.

i vote for flower! (What kind of weapon a flower can be? Lol)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, bedifferent said:
AGB  Nielsen Ratings

Episode 1   7/7/18       8.852%

Episode 2   7/8/18       9.691%

Episode 3   7/14/18    10.082%

Episode 4   7/15/18    10.567%

Episode 5   7/22/18    10.835%

Episode 6   7/23/18     11.713%

Source

Incredible Growth i wonder if this can hit 20% , TVN is just killing it with everything they release lately. 

• Like 4

maxresdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQas7VekkrMj6xrLa9crqEimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSinrb2ChdkTSkR3B2pWN  Let's Do It,  Love... With Me... Let's Do It Together...

After watching this latest episode my thoughts are there are 3 choices of men but I wonder if any of them are the right one.:unsure:

DM in my opinion lost his chance a long time ago when AS risked herself to save him and he made her sweet intentions seem almost dirty and worthless.  It wasn't that he was poor or that he wiped his lips on her dress.  It was the hardness within his heart that she saw and wouldn't forget.  It was how he made her feel.  I understand his pain and broken life and she could have too, but he never gave her a chance.  His idea of love is more about lust in attaining her not through tenderness but through force. 

She knew it then and she knows it now when throwing that dress away that he had touched...

HS well she had him pegged at hello just like many other things she can predict and knows like the weather.  He is just as she described weak and frail and has no honor.  Not for his family, not for his promises and not even for himself.  He loves women and money and most of all himself.  Right now he sees Joseon as a place he didn't miss but rather where his money comes from.   Nor does he consider it a home or worth protecting.  I think he would sell his country, it's people and even his soul for the right price... 

Yet a part of me wonders will something turn this weak man around and change my opinion.  He almost seems to weak and worthless not to be changed....

EC I won't lie something tonight made me worry about his intentions during those flashbacks. Before telling her lets do this, my mind would have been more at ease if those flashbacks hadn't entered his mind at all. Or if instead it would have been flashbacks of them together.  Instead of thoughts filled with destroying that family and his need for revenge.  Even his eyes and face not a smile or that feeling of what love is, coming across and as observant as AS is I felt she knew and could feel it too.   Please forgive me right here, for I love his character and their chemistry together is no DOUBT above and beyond...

Still

Even his words in the preview

" I wanted to destroy someone... But I ended up destroying myself " 

Does he mean because of the risk in helping and protecting and falling in love and loving AS. 

I really hope so. 

It's the what if that worries me.

Hoping his allegiance and his heart are included in his words of,

Lets Do It...:heart:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, viktormani said:

I don't ship them either but I am still on DM's team because:

1. My heart goes to DM. We have passed the characters' introduction so I understood where he came from, why he is holding on to that very moment in that palanquin, because that is the only thing that is keeping him sane, that is the only thing that is keeping whatever hope left that he has for Joseon. That is the only thing that made him worked his butt's off to climb up the ladder and came back to Joseon not being looked down by his own people. 

2. He is not all killer looks. It spells badass all over. Nevertheless, we are also blessed with those little smiles./grins/chuckles of his, those kind moments he had with the tarot girl and Hina, buying candy. His is like the lead character from a historical romance book. Gruff, vengeful due to his past but also has a soft heart to those that matters most to him. Because I have been exposed to many understanding, compassionate, intelligent leading heroin characters towards DM-like characters that I am more invested in his mysterious-ness, badass-ness, and those eyes *faint*... YYS, god bless him, is DM to the T.

3. I cannot relate to her disdain towards him. The throwing of her dress. She was angry? Why? Because he touched her skirt? Didn't he only explain himself, telling her his side of the story as he was reminded of that very moment in the palanquin? I believe he is explaining that because she said he is a traitor. The way I interpret it - he holds on to that little part of her skirt, the closest to her that he would allow himself to be, silently begging her to at least hear him out. When she remains silent, he said what he wants to say (and I thought she was remembering that moment too because he mentioned it). I was also invested in AS's feelings at that time when she had tears in her eyes. I can see anger but I also see a glimpse of sadness (?). Is it editing flaw because what happens next just throw whatever investment I banked in on AS out of the window. Is that her best reaction that the writer intended - getting all riled up, teared up in the process and ended up throwing the skirt away? *sigh* That is just disdain over, erm... what?  He was not trying to rape her or anything, just said few harmless words and left. I don't know girls, if he pulls my skirt and goes all gagagaga like pervert should, I will stomp on his face without a moment waste on staring contest, especially if he is a total stranger. That is a moment worth freaking out. Even if she is angry to herself, why would she throw the dress away? Someone did mentioned here about AS is still expecting treatment as a noble despite her motivations towards her fight and compassion towards people of other classes. I agree to that. Truth is, I am a bit annoyed at 'throwing out her dress' scene. It is one of those scenes that I felt is not giving any purpose and all I got is a message that AS is a prideful girl (not in a good way) or that she is never going to fall for DM, if those were the intention of such scene. I think I got that notion that she is never gonna be with the other two guys for like zillion years ago and it is unnecessary to keep playing that note, if that is the intention, cos we gonna have many many more AS-EC moments in future episodes. I really really have high hopes for AS, that she would at least try to understand why DM said what DM said, thinking outside the box, to look at it from his perspective even though she has no feelings for him, she can at least offer understanding or friendship. That is the least she could do, I think. Beside strategically speaking, if she is really thinking it, DM can be her rebel team's strength as well. Just my two cents.

7 hours ago, butterflysaga said:

Because... we are glutton to punishment dear :")[...]

Besides.. for the obvious reason: Dong Mae is so HOT af! He is so complicatedly mysterious.. handsome (thank you Yoo Yeon Seok! for your good gene).. masculine.. badassmofo.. manly man.. testosterone overflowing~~

ommona simjangi >__< I.kennath.take.it.

pffth pardon my pervy.

Hahahaha... I had a good laugh at this. You said it all, babe.. you said it all ~~

• Like 6

Dong Mae is just my favorite in this drama something about his character just touches me the most. I get so excited when his character appears compared to everyone else. His Gaze and emotion with his eyes just tells a story.

His character is obviously going to die for her but i hope she's worth dying for and at least acknowledges DM. I dont ship them together at least not yet but i want her to acknowledge and at least be friendly with him.

DisubhwVsAA3cvQ.jpg

This picture and the quote “I’m someone who will always understand even if you turn your back on me hundred times ,My Lady”. - is just so impactfull. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ladyme said:

About the killer look like he wanted to kill someone, in hotel when HS is introduced as AS fiancee, do you notice DM is holding his samurai and EC his gun and HS too ignorant he doesn't know he almost die? Hahaha. 

Out of curiousity, if HS were to know the nature of relationship between AS and two men, what would his choice of weapon be?

@ladyme I think his weapon will be his jokes, since all he can do is talk. 

8 hours ago, blademan said:

Favourite scene from today :lol:

The way he kept searching for her gaze and AS trying her best to avoid his!!!

and EC is so obviously jellybean :P

Also HE WANTED TO WALK HER HOME OH MY GOD THEY NEED TO STOP WITH THIS CHEMISTRY!!!!

@blademan And lastly he kept her HANKY. hehehee. It's like a love keepsake. :wub:

I'm betting that EC is going to give that wooden hair-stick (the only physical thing he has left of his family) to Ae Shin as a love-guarantee.

16 hours ago, bedifferent said:

Well, he is showing her what this “love” thing is about.  Hope Ae Shin is taking notes! :D

@USAFarmgirl  Kudos to Ae Shin for not wanting to be regarded as pretty flowers to be displayed and show off by Hee Sung.  He thinks he’s complimenting her beauty but it shows little does he knows about her.  He sees women are creatures for amusement and no substance.  Hee Sung is a disappointing character  at this point.  I’m hoping he will change as the drama progresses.

@122am when do you rhink EC will answer the question of where is he from? :P

@bedifferent Can't wait for them to start their "love" project! Ae Shin is so NOT ready for it. Girl needs to know what she is asking about, that is dangerous with a manly man like EC. I think EC will eventually tell her about his slave background. It's so complicated and at the same time they are falling in love so subtly and deeply. 

I have a burning question in my head:

Is the child actor of baby-slave-Eugene and the child actor of Do-mi (water boy that Eugene hired, whose sister works for the Logan family) the same little boy?

Or are they brothers or something?

They look exactly the same with the braided little-boy hair.

• Like 4

I actually love episode 6, a notch up from a slower episode 5.  I feel so sorry for HS.  I can now understand why he is behaving like a jerk, womanizing, gambling etc.  My thoughts is that he is trying to escape from all the burdens brought upon him by his grandfather and father.  When EC found out who he was, you can tell all the hatred he got by just being the grandson of a despicable man.  Poor chap, it must be really hard for him.  Right at this moment, I can’t really tell much about him because there isn’t much to tell, not yet though.  

DM, another poor soul.  I was quite shocked that AS threw her dress away.  I think the words DM said to her about being a noble fool must have hurt her soo much that she still feels insulted by it.  Plus her saying the he is traitor adds on to that anger.  DM doesn’t has much wealth like HS and good social influence like ES to protect AS, he will use what he has to protect AS which means even to kill.  

I am also curious what HS’s dad is going to do with EC.  He seems to be determined to destroy him. Another long week till Sat :unsure:

• Like 9