[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

Aigoo, the Sunshine Train? :blink::sweatingbullets::unsure: That makes me a bit jittery but.. it's all in the (drama) past.. and episode 24 didn't happen, of course. -_- Nonetheless, it's really good to see the fans having a great time, the provided transportation is indeed a plus point.

Looking forward to the fancams and recaps later, hope everyone will have a great time at the Talk Concert ~ Sunshine & Love! :wub:

December 15, 2018

Industry Reps Vote For 2018’s Best Actors, Dramas, And Rookies

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Industry Reps Vote For 2018âs Best Actors, Dramas, And Rookies

With only two weeks left until 2019, Korean industry professionals weighed in on this year’s best dramas, actors, and rising stars!

A recent survey by Korean media outlet News1 asked 25 industry representatives to vote for the dramas and actors that left their mark on 2018. (A full list of the surveyed professionals, which includes drama producers, directors, and marketers, can be found at the end of the article.)

tvN’s hit drama “Mr. Sunshine” clearly left an impression on industry representatives this year, with stars Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Ri earning the most votes for Actor of the Year and Actress of the  Year respectively. Additionally, “Mr. Sunshine” took second place for Drama of the Year, bested only by IU and Lee Sung Gyun’s tvN drama “My Ahjussi.”

Kim Tae Ri also received the most votes for Rookie Actress of the Year, while ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo‘s performance in JTBC’s “My ID is Gangnam Beauty” garnered him the most votes for Rookie Actor of the Year.

Check out the full survey results below!

Actor of the Year
Lee Byung Hun (8 votes)
Park Seo Joon (3 votes)
Jung Hae In, EXO’s D.O., Lee Sun Gyun, So Ji Sub, Kam Woo Sung (2 votes each)
Park Bo Gum, Lee Min Ki, Shin Ha Kyun, Joo Ji Hoon (1 vote each)

Actress of the Year
Kim Tae Ri (6 votes)
Kim Nam Joo (5 votes)
Son Ye Jin (4 votes)
IU (3 votes)
Han Ji Min (2 votes)
Park Min Young, Yum Jung Ah, Jung In Sun, Nam Ji Hyun, Shin Hye Sun (1 vote each)

Rookie Actor of the Year
ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo (8 votes)
EXO’s D.O., Jang Ki Yong (4 votes each)
Jung Hae In (3 votes)
Woo Do Hwan, INFINITE’s L, Lee Kyu Hyung, Song Geon Hee (1 vote each)

Rookie Actress of the Year
Kim Tae Ri (6 votes)
Park Se Wan (3 votes)
Lee Seol, Jin Ki Joo (2 votes each)
Shin Hye Sun, Seo Eun Soo, Chae Soo Bin, Seol In Ah, Lee Soo Kyung (1 vote each)

Drama of the Year
tvN’s “My Ahjussi” (9 votes)
tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine” (6 votes)
JTBC’s “SKY Castle” (3 votes)
OCN’s “The Guest,” tvN’s “100 Days My Prince” (2 votes each)
tvN’s “Life,” OCN’s “Life on Mars” (1 vote each)

The following industry representatives participated in the survey:

Kang Byung Taek (chief producer at KBS), Kim Da Ryung (Chorokbaem Media), Kim Dong Up (Fly Up Entertainment), Kim Seung Mo (chief producer at MBC), Kwon Young Joo (The TikTok), Kwon Kye Hong (chief producer at KBS), Namgoong Sung Woo (producing director at MBC), No Yoon Ae (Y Tree Company), Moon Bo Hyun (KBS drama division), Moon Seok Hwan (Bon Factory), Park Jin Hee (PRJ), Park Jae Bum (chief producer at MBC), Park Ho Shik (chief producer at Studio Dragon), Sung Hyun Soo (Noon Company), Son Jung Hyun (producing director at SBS), Shin Hyo Jung (Partners Park), Shim Young (Shall We Talk), Yang Hyun Seung (UL Entertainment), Yoo Hyung Suk (Yooborn Company), Lee Myung Woo (producing director at SBS), Lee Jin Sung (King Kong by Starship), Jang Doo Bong (BS Company), Jo Shin Young (StoryRhyme), Choi Jon Ho (HODU&U Entertainment), and Hong Min Ki (KeyEast).

Source (1)

Top Photo Credit: Xportsnews

• Like 4

Thanks to KMJ's fan for sharing these pics:

Those of you who have watched the video I posted in spoiler above - I read on Weibo today that HCY didn't know he had to open the door himself until the staff told him to do so .. hence the delay in entering the stage until about 30 seconds later :)

• Like 4

Thanks to a kind fan on Weibo and another helpful HCY fan, here's a translation of another part of HCY's talk session with the MC:

(From 06:10 of this video, he demonstrates what he did when he met Mr Sunshine cast members (presumably KMJ and maybe other actors, he didn't say who)

HCY:  "I met the artistes backstage.  When I was saying hi to them I can't help but to bend over and move backwards.  Because they are the people I had seen in the drama ...they look so handsome in the drama so I can't help but to bend over and move backwards."

A starstruck HCY - cute, don't you think? :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Thanks to Paolo of HCY North America FB, Sze Hwee and "Yao Tian Chai" (Weibo)  all HCY fans, for a more comprehensive translation of HCY's talk at the Talk Concert where he spoke about how he joined the OST line-up,  (I didn't realize singers can choose OST project), Joseph's funeral scene etc

• Like 3

Today's the last day of Mr. Sunshine Premium version pre-order. (19th is the last day, but in Korean time). We still need to go a bit further, one more step. 

Premium version blu-ray Pre-Order link is here

https://global.yes24.com/Goods/66986691(English Order Page)

https://cn.yes24.com/Goods/66986691(Chinese Order Page)

998AB9495C13D0FF03A066

I hope to feel like Huisung in this scene!

• Like 4

December 18, 2018

7 Actors Who Received Spotlight For Their Acting In 2018

Source: Soompi by S. Park

Many dramas and films premiered in 2018. There were some actors who caused buzz just for their appearance and some who received praise for making their projects a success.

Here are seven actors who drew viewers to small and big screens throughout this year:

1. Lee Byung Hun

Lee Byung Hun made headlines when it was revealed that he would be appearing as the lead of tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine.” This marked his return to TV screens after nine years since SBS’s “IRIS.”

“Mr. Sunshine” was praised for its strong script, detailed directing, and immersive acting. According to Nielsen Korea, its final episode recorded average viewership ratings of 18.1 percent and 20 percent. It became the third most-watched drama on this network following “Goblin” and “Reply 1988.”

Much of the success of the drama is credited to lead Lee Byung Hun’s realistic acting that moved both the Joseon Dynasty and female lead Go Ae Shin (played by Kim Tae Ri).

As a result, Lee Byung Hun received the Daesang at the 2018 Asia Artist Awards.

2. Ha Jung Woo

3. So Ji Sub

4. Son Ye Jin

5. Park Seo Joon

6. IU

7. EXO’s D.O.

Source (1)

Thanks to Icha for the tip!

• Like 3

Happy to bring great news! Mr. Sunshine premium version blu-ray is sold out, so barring any unforeseen circumstance, we'll get the blu-ray! 

So, we'll be able to have blu-ray version of original drama, and all the clips that didn't make to broadcast in DVD. Which includes, this one!

viewimage.php?id=20afc333ebc130af60ba&no

This is another difference between the script and the drama, that the script(book) has it and drama didn't. Yay :D:D:D

It's still long way to go until we get this in our possession finally, but thanks for all the support from soompi Mr Sunshine fans, you guys rock!!!

• Like 6

Thanks so much @mistymorning for sharing the awesome news! :w00t: Congrats and well done to everyone.. from coordinating to highlighting to promoting the blu-ray day in and day out. Finally, all the hard work & effort have been rewarded. It's one hurdle down, we hope the rest will work out smoothly.. with the handling and delivery of all the orders. Sunshiners are fabulous fans, indeed! mrs.jpg

Here's a little review, translated from Malay..

Overall critique: ".. The elements of romance, action, political crisis and humor were well-balanced & mixed together without over done cheesiness. It would be such a loss if anyone would skip watching the drama just because it doesn't conclude with a happy ending..." -xyla73

Source: KMania

• Like 6

YYS sent snack truck to BH, to his movie "Chiefs of Namsan".

Snack truck placard is saying...

I hope the flavor is deep.

Please eat your fill, chief nauri

from Yeonmonty - (for a while, I'm being British*.)

Rooting for Lee ByungHun sunbaenim and "Chiefs of Namsan" team!!

* I believe this refers to current musical YYS is doing, A gentleman's Guide. He's probably doing Lord Montague "Monty".

• Like 5

Thank very much @mistymorning for the snack truck update, so cool to see the fellow AS-fanboys sending their support to Eugene in his new 'movie/job' position. :lol: All of them are still in MR.SUNSHINE mode, it's one drama experience they'll never forget.. and for us, too.

Lee Byung Hun will obviously mention this later on his IG.. wonder what MR.SUNSHINE caption he will highlight. :P In the meantime, his IG entry thanking another Eugene fanboy, GwanSoo (Jo Woo Jin) for his coffee truck in October.

Credit: mistymorning translated the gist at LBH soompi thread ~ MR.SUNSHINE quotes never stops mrs.jpg 

BH's saying

You forgot the adjective.

#handsome

* This is the coffee truck Jo WooJin sent to the "Chiefs of Namsan" set. Placard is saying

Not all department heads are created equal

Our honey department head is special~

and the side placard is saying

different scale!

Cheers for the movie "Chiefs of Namsan" 

Lee Byung-Hun hyungnim fighting!

- from actor Jo WooJin. - 

Walking down Memory Lane 

Sunshine Land's landmark: GLORY HOTEL

Photos: Peppermint

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

December 21, 2018

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

Source: Soompi by E. Cha

Check Out The Most-Watched Miniseries Dramas Of 2018

As we approach the end of 2018, the industry is taking a look back at some of the year’s most popular dramas!

On December 21, a new report ranked the miniseries dramas that scored the highest viewership ratings in 2018 (according to Nielsen Korea). The report took into consideration all miniseries that aired between January 1 and December 20, 2018, including dramas that aired on public broadcast networks (SBS, KBS, and MBC) and dramas that aired on cable networks (such as JTBC, MBN, tvN, OCN, and more).

SBS’s “Return,” which aired from January 17 to March 22, took No. 1 in the rankings as the most-watched miniseries drama of 2018. The mystery thriller drama, which enjoyed average nationwide viewership ratings as high as 17.4 percent and a peak of 20.1 percent, told the suspenseful story of a lawyer and a detective joining forces to investigate a high-society murder case.

Despite facing an unusual hurdle—”Return” switched its lead actress halfway through its run, citing personal conflicts between leading lady Go Hyun Jung and the production staff—the drama still managed to score the highest viewership ratings of any miniseries this year.

A representative of SBS’s drama division commented, “Director Joo Dong Min, who [helmed] ‘Return,’ is currently working on the drama ‘The Last Empress.’ It’s worth keeping an eye on the speedy rise [in viewership ratings] of ‘The Last Empress’ as well.”

Check out the top 11 highest-rated miniseries dramas of 2018 below!

1. SBS’s “Return”
2. tvN’s “Mr. Sunshine”
3. KBS 2TV’s “The Miracle We Met”
4. tvN’s “Encounter” [currently airing]
5. tvN’s “Prison Playbook”
6. SBS’s “Should We Kiss First”
7. SBS’s “30 but 17”
8. SBS’s “The Last Empress” [currently airing]
9. KBS 2TV’s “Black Knight”
10. tvN’s “100 Days My Prince”
11. MBC’s “Less than Evil”

Source (1)

• Like 6

Thanks to gelzgoddess for sharing pics of the Sunshine & Love talk concert. There were video messages from actors Bae Jeong Nam and Kim Eul Sung.

Speaking of Bae Jeong Nam earlier I watched a video where HCY went to attend a fashion show (Seoul Fashion Week) and saw a cool-looking male model, but didn't realise he was the actor in "Mr Sunshine" until I watched this:

Spoiler

05:40

Students from the Korean Language Institute went on the Sunshine & Love tour, here's an article:

http://www.yskli.com/_en/pr/news.asp?page=1&bidx=16403&SFIELD=&GTXT=&bgbn=R

• Like 4

Thanks so much @cynkdf for the concert highlight, fan-sharing & updates. The KLI students sure had a great time touring the filming set and attending the concert. Totally agree that it was a surprise seeing actor BJN on the runway, I was watching 'My Ugly Duckling' (the show feat. Mrs. Sunshine, as they called their guest MC=LBH's wife) and there was a segment showing BJN along with David McInnis (Kyle) hanging out together after filming a new movie.

Is the Sunshine & Love Concert held a one time event or is it held for selected days.. like, for the visitors to Sunshine Land this end of the year holidays? Looks like the next related (musical) event will be the Orchestra OST Concert in February 2019.

Anyway, as expected.. Eugene posted on his IG pics  of the coffee truck sent by DongMae with reply caption from MR.SUNSHINE, of course. :P

December 22, 2018

Yoo Yeon Suk Sends Coffee Truck To “Mr. Sunshine” Co-Star Lee Byung Hun’s Movie Set

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Yoo Yeon Suk Sends Coffee Truck To âMr. Sunshineâ Co-Star Lee Byung Hunâs Movie Set

Another “Mr. Sunshine” co-star has sent Lee Byung Hun their support on the set of his new movie!

Last week, Lee Byung Hun posted a photo of the coffee truck that Byun Yo Han sent him on the set of “Managers of Namsan” (literal title).

On December 21, Lee Byung Hun posted another photo of the coffee truck sent him by Yoo Yeon Suk. The banner on the coffee truck shows a photo of Yoo Yeon Suk and an adapted quote from “Mr. Sunshine.”

Instead of signing off with his character name from the drama, though, the banner concludes, “From Monty (I am an Englishman for the time being).” This is a reference to Yoo Yeon Suk’s current musical, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder.”

In his Instagram post, Lee Byung Hun wrote, “I should hate you but I like you, I’m in trouble.”

Source (1)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1