[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

th_congrats.gif

Kim Tae Ri Wins Best New Actress at APAN Star Award 2018

KTR could not attend the ceremony, she had expressed her gratitude through a video message shown at the awards.

Kim Min Jung Wins Best Supporting Actress at APAN Star Award 2018

Only LBH and KMJ attended APAN on behalf of MR.SUNSHINE and they sat together in the audience.

• Like 4

Congrats to Kim Tae Ri for winning the Best New Actress award for her role in Mr Sunshine. So happy for her.

But it is a bit strange that they gave 2 best new actress awards and 2 best new actors awards. They tied for the awards? Or is it different categories?

• Like 5

Yes! I am so happy! Mr Sunshine is the big winner at the 2018 APAN Star Awards! Congrats to Mr Sunshine production team and casts! It had been awarded best drama of the year at 2018 APAN Star Awards in addition to Acting Daesang for Lee Byung Han, Best Supporting Actress for Kim Min Jung and Best New Actress for Kim Tae Ri.

Extracts from the Soompi article.

“Mr. Sunshine” was the biggest winner of the night after being awarded “Drama of the Year” and the Grand Prize (Lee Byung Hun). It also earned Kim Tae Ria Best New Actress award.

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” took home three awards, including two for lead actor Jung Hae In, and “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” and “My Ahjussi” both got two awards apiece, including a Top Excellence Award for IU and Park Seo Joon.

In his Grand Prize speech, Lee Byung Hun said, “I wanted to say a lot of things here so I wouldn’t regret anything, but my head is in a whirl. ‘Mr. Sunshine’ had so many people working on it, to the point where there was a B team and C team for the production crew. I worked with some amazing co-stars. There are so many people I want to thank. A lot of people had to help me achieve the miracle of looking even one year younger than I really am.”

He continued, “This drama had five main characters. Kim Min Jung, Byun Yo Han, Yoo Yeon Seok, and Kim Tae Ri – I learned from them all. I am proud of them as their senior, but I also realized that I can’t become complacent. All the supporting actors were main characters as well. I came to trust director Lee Eung Bok a lot and I think that Kim Eun Sook is an amazing person.” He also thanked his managers and the people who work at his agency.

Check out the list of full winners below:

Daesang (Grand Prize): Lee Byung Hun (“Mr. Sunshine”)

Drama of the Year: “Mr. Sunshine”

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: Park Seo Joon (“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?”)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: IU (“My Ahjussi”)

Top Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: Lee Sang Woo (“Marry Me Now“)

Top Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: Shin Hye Sun (“My Golden Life“)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries: Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries: Go Ah Sung (“Life on Mars”)

Excellence Award, Actor in a Serial Drama: Jang Seung Jo (“Money Flower”)

Excellence Award, Actress in a Serial Drama: Jo Bo Ah (“Goodbye to Goodbye“)

Best New Actor: Yang Se Jong (“Degree of Love“), Jang Ki Yong (“My Ahjussi”)

Best New Actress: Won Jin Ah (“Just Between Lovers”), Kim Tae Ri (“Mr. Sunshine”)

Best Supporting ActorPark Ho San (“Prison Playbook”), Yoo Jae Myung (“Life”)

Best Supporting Actress: Kim Min Jung (“Mr. Sunshine”), Jang So Yeon (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”)

K-Star Award (Most Popular): Jung Hae In (“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”), Park Min Young (“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?”)

Best Writer: Lee Soo Yeon (“Life”)

Best Manager: Bae Sung (HM Entertainment)

Global Star Award: Park Hae Jin

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

October 14, 2018

‘Mr. Sunshine’ Lee Byung-hun wins top prize at APAN Star Awards

By Yim Hyun-su The Korea Herald // Photo: LeeByungHun IG

Actor Lee Byung-hun who starred in hit TV series “Mr. Sunshine” won big at this year’s APAN Star Awards, bringing home the grand prize.

Despite the category being one of the most hotly contested, the veteran actor managed to fend off competition from the likes of Kim Nam-joo from “Misty” and Jeon Seung-woo from “Life,” adding yet another award to his glittering career.

During his acceptance speech, Lee said many staff and actors worked together for “Mr. Sunshine” and that he had a lot of people to thank.

“There were five main characters and I learned so much from them and also was proud of them as their senior,” the actor said.

Lee laughed as he quipped, “With the effort to make me look even one year younger, we managed to pull off a miracle.”

The APAN Star Awards bills itself as the only awards in South Korea where all nominated works are from a drama-oriented TV network. 

By Yim Hyun-su (hyunsu@heraldcorp.com)

October 13, 2018

TRANSLATED COMMENTS
2018 APAN Star Awards Winners

by Netizen Drama

20181013bh.jpg

Daum – Osen: Lee Byung Hun won the daesang for Mr Sunshine…Jung Hae In won 2 awards

1.[+614, -69] ‘Mr. Sunshine’ was seriously a good work, Congratulations Lee Byung Hun for receiving the daesang

2.[+282, -27] Lee Byung Hun-ssi, I sincerely congratulate you for winning the daesang. It was the first time that I was so immersed while watching a drama. I still can’t forget his realistic acting in the end. Mr Sunshine was the drama of my life and Yoo Jin Choi was the character of my life. Once again I congratulate you for winning the daesang

3.[+178, -12] Mr Sunshine~ Drama of the year~ Actors of the year^^

4.[+108, -5] It’s a pity that Kim Tae Ri won only the New Actress Award. It won’t be even enough if she won the best actress award…

5.[+101, -6] Wish actor from Mr Sunshine doesn’t deserve an award?…I feel bad that they didn’t win everything…even Dong Mae…what a pity..

6.[+95, -2] Congratulations but where is My Mister’s Lee Sun Gyun . .

7.[+93, -10] Eugene Choi! Congratulations on the award~^^♡ he got one step further as actor~~ I will always support you~^^

8.[+80, -2] Seriously Jung Kyung Ho is not there ㅡㅡ He seriously deserved to win

9.[+82, -8] Isn’t the daesang too obvious…Congratulations to Mr Sunshine team~^^

10.[+74, -0] There are a lot of Mr Sunshine actors who deserved an award, It’s a pity that they didn’t all win

11.[+61, -7] There is nothing for Jung Kyung Ho?

12.[+50, -0] The writer’s award…. Life… Secret Forest deserved the win but this time Writer Park Hae Young (My Mister)’s writing was much better .

WINNERS:

▲ Grand Prize (Daesang): Lee Byung Hun – Mr. Sunshine

▲ Top Excellence Award Actor (Miniseries): Park Seo Joon – What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim Top

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Miniseries): Lee Ji Eun (IU) – My Mister

▲ Top Excellence Award Actor (Long-length Drama): Lee Sang Woo – Marry Me Now

▲ Top Excellence Award Actress (Long-length Drama): Shin Hye Sun – My Golden Life

▲ Excellence Award Actor (Miniseries): Jung Hae In – Something in the Rain

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Miniseries): Go Ah Sung – Life on Mars

▲ Excellence Award Actor (Long-length Drama): Jang Seung Jo – Money Flower

▲ Excellence Award Actress (Long-length Drama): Jo Bo Ah – Goodbye to Goodbye

▲ Best Supporting Actor: Park Ho San – My Mister & Yoo Jae Myung – Life

▲ Best Supporting Actress: Kim Min Jung – Mr. Sunshine &  Jang So Yeon – Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food

▲ Best New Actor: Yang Se Jong – Temperature of Love & Jang Ki Yong – My Mister

▲ Best New Actress: Kim Tae Ri – Mr. Sunshine & Won Jin Ah – Just Between Lovers

▲ Popularity Award: Jung Hae In – Something in the Rain & Park Min Young – What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim

▲ Best Screenwriter: Lee Soo Yeon – Life

▲ Global Star Award: Park Hae Jin

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rubie said:

Life Bar episode 92 (Engsub): Gunner Jang talking about working with actress Kim Tae Ri, other guests were Yujo and Lady Yun (Hee Sung's mom)

Thanks for that - Gunner Jang is my second fav character (after Hee Sung). Hope he gets recognized for his sterling work.

Do you guys know Soompi has its own pop chart?  HCY's OST is No: 23  this week and there's a poll for favourite new track - help needed in voting for "How Can I Forget You", thank you very much :) 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1245019wpp/bts-maintains-top-spot-idol-soompis-k-pop-music-chart-2018-october-week-3

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@rubie Thanks for the gifs of Ae-sin! I think she's so cute!

So I finally finished Mr. Sunshine. I am so sad that it is the end! I think it should have been longer! I enjoyed the entire drama! I think all the actors did a great job. I got to live through their eyes. I haven't seen a drama like this one before. So it is very special for me! I am so glad that I finished it. I think it's such a deep drama. I can't pick which actor/actress I like the most. I learned a lot from this drama. I am so happy! I saw Ae-sin and Eugene's relationship. I saw Goo Dong Mae and Kim Hee Sung grow into special people. I believe they both liked Lady Ae-sin. I think they both said, "She has Eugene in her heart." and "Let's just support her!" A lot of my favorite people passed away. I am sad the Kudo Hina passed away. I'm sad that her hotel is gone. When Goo Dong Mae took her to the sea I couldn't stop crying! And I hope she is lead actress in a drama someday. I think she's a great actress, Kim Min Jung. I would love to see more of her. I believe this drama made my heart beat really fast! 

I am so happy I got to see Lee Byun Hyung act again. I think I already said this. I have never watched his dramas. So I am happy that I got to watch this one. And I've only seen him in I Saw the Devil movie. I think he's such an amazing actor. I hope Mr. Sunshine did well! I can't wait to see him act again. I think I said this too. I believe he is one of my favorite actors! I think he acts with so much emotion! I think he is professional! I think he did very well with Eugene. I remember Eugene left Joseon for America. And I believe he came back to Joseon. I think he remembered, "I'm from Joseon." 

I was happy when he came back. I am so proud of him! I will never forget this drama. I think I may watch again. And I wanted to say that I enjoyed Kim Tae Ri's acting. I think she is very good female lead for this drama. I love her. I think she is so brave. Ae-sin is very brave. And I want to be her when I grow up! I love that she is a strong woman. I'm glad that she isn't weak. I'm glad that she didn't let someone else fight for her. I'm glad she fought for herself and her own beliefs.

I'm still crying. I think this drama really got my heart! I can't believe it's over! 

I know this is late! I'm sorry! I just wanted to share my feelings and thoughts. 

Thank you everyone! I think a lot of you pulled me back into watching dramas and sharing my thoughts and feelings here!

I hope some of you can understand me!  I had a lot of fun with this drama.

I wish I could have joined you all earlier, but I took a break! 

I should take that break now! :) I hope I see some of you in another thread one day! Thanks for reading my crazy thoughts!

I wish I could have shared more thoughts! I'm too busy crying. And my heart is so sad :bawling: I will never forget Eugene, Ae-sin, Yee Sung, Goo Mae, and Hina! I will never forget the rest of the cast! I think this drama is amazing. I need some tissues! I am so sad. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I think the ending broke my heart! Yes, I need some tissues!

Bye!

Me right now:

tenor.gif?itemid=5337197

I'm going to crawl back in my hole! :bawling:

• Like 7

Come here! Come here! 2097.gifOUR BIGGEST HUG for you @2handsintertwinedThank you for your wonderful and heartfelt review. th_hug.gifIt's already almost 3 weeks MR.SUNSHINE had ended but the emotional after-effect is still so strong. What are we to do.. this drama really spoiled us.. inside-out. 

Lets not cry too much.. we can see that Eugene and HiNa were doing very well at the APAN Awards last Saturday. :lol: So, we have to be OK, too.

Clip: awesome_hmin

• Like 7

LBH winning speech with English subtitles. Congratulations to the winners and Mr Sunshine team! :wub:

Edit: I just saw this video and posted the link here but there seems to be an error. Sorry I dont know what went wrong :unsure:

@cynkdfHCY's song now no. 1 at Soompi charts, yaaay! :)

Edit #2:

@rubie thanks for that. I thought I posted the wrong link. 

• Like 7

@writteninthestars09 There seems to be a worldwide problem with Youtube and they're trying to fix it. Most if not all the YT links posted here and elsewhere are showing the same error message. (Edit: it's fine now ^_^)

Anyway, here's a clip excerpt feat. the actor playing the tailor in MR.SUNSHINE, sharing his blooper moments with KTR & LBH.

Thanks to the highlight on twitter by Kim Taeri Pics @TaeriPIC

A shorter clip on IG posted by Chungmuro Crumb

• Like 5

October 17, 2018

Couples with age gap now normal in K-dramas 

c731112583514268aef94b5eba3dbf9e.jpgLee Byung-hun and Kim Tae-ri in tvN's "Mr. Sunshine." Courtesy of CJ ENM

By Dong Sun-hwa The Korea Times

Couples with big age gaps are now nothing extraordinary in Korean dramas ― many of the couples have age differences of 10 years or more. 

9016e314b8374e7c9e704a80270c3285.jpg

Song Hye-kyo and Park Bo-gum will star in an upcoming TV series, "Boyfriend." Yonhap

"Mr. Sunshine," a just-ended 24-episode TV series penned by star writer Kim Eun-sook, grabbed attention as soon as the leading cast was revealed ― actor Lee Byung-hun, 48, and Kim Tae-ri, 28.

Many claimed the pair would not be able to create romantic chemistry, but instead would look more like an uncle and a niece. 

However, the drama proved popular, with the last episode rating 18 percent viewership. It was also acclaimed for putting the spotlight on the forgotten fighters of the Joseon Kingdom who struggled for the freedom of their nation. 

32517527d53144ffac268a6024bd7cb2.jpg

Lee Na-young and Lee Jong-suk will appear in a drama tentatively titled "Romance is a Supplement." Yonhap

"People are less reluctant about couples with a big age gap these days," an industry source told Yonhap News Agency Tuesday. "What's more crucial is the content ― viewers do not watch dramas if the content is not interesting." 

A myriad of upcoming TV series reflect such a trend. For instance, actor Park Bo-gum and Song Hye-kyo will star in the drama "Boyfriend," which is set to go to air on Nov. 28. Song is 37 and Park is 25.

Actor Lee Jong-suk will appear on a forthcoming TV series tentatively titled "Romance is a Supplement" with actress Lee Na-young, who is 10 years his senior. The actor is 29. 

sunhwadong@koreatimes.co.kr 

Behind-the-scenes captures and clips highlighted by Chungmuro Crumb

Spoiler

• Like 6