[Drama 2018] Mr. Sunshine, 미스터 션샤인 - Winner of Critics’ Choice Award for Drama category

Go Seung Ji

@rubie, also KES was there too. I didn't listen to all of them but i heard from another fan that,

1. when EC and DM had a drink and DM let EC know about meeting between Allen and LWI, EC said he'll buy some and DM ad-libbed 'big plate'(大盛り) and LBH responded his ad-lib with turning it with small plate, saying the place served big portion.

2. when three(fool-moron-loser) had a drink and loser jumped without paying (again!), all after that were ad-libs between fool and moron. :D

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, mistymorning said:

@rubie, also KES was there too. I didn't listen to all of them but i heard from another fan that,

1. when EC and DM had a drink and DM let EC know about meeting between Allen and LWI, EC said he'll buy some and DM ad-libbed 'big plate'(大盛り) and LBH responded his ad-lib with turning it with small plate, saying the place served big portion.

2. when three(fool-moron-loser) had a drink and loser jumped without paying (again!), all after that were ad-libs between fool and moron. :D

Hahahaha, yea, GDM said the same in one of his interview. Amazing actors. 

THanks for the info as usual @mistymorning. 

• Like 6

October 7, 2018

Cast take home coins, sword to remember ‘Mr. Sunshine’

By: Ruth L. Navarra Philippine Daily Inquirer 

t1007super-sunshine-1.jpg

Kim Tae-ri is Go Ae-sin —Photos Courtesy of Netflix

All Kim Tae-ri wanted after a year of shooting “Mr. Sunshine” was to gather everyone who was part of the series for a group photo, the actress revealed in an exclusive e-mail interview with Super K!  She played the lead role of Ae-sin on the Netflix Original series.

“We spent close to a year shooting the show. So we went through all four seasons. Focusing on something for a very long time can be emotionally and physically tiring. But the upside was that I got to visit so many beautiful places in Korea. An-dong, in particular, was so beautiful. We were shooting through winter and spring there and it was beautiful to see the changes in seasons in water freezing and then thawing,” said Tae-ri.

The drama was written by Kim Eun-sook and directed by Lee Eung-bok. This was the third collaboration between the two after the hits “Descendants of the Sun” and “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,” also known as “Goblin.”

“Mr. Sunshine” set a record with 18-percent viewership on its final episode. Its consistent 13.059-percent average in viewership made it the most watched cable drama of all time, beating “Goblin’s” average record of 12.924 percent.

The actress only has praises for the writer Eun-sook who, with this drama, established herself as a bankable star writer. Tae-ri said that the writer paced the drama slower than her previous works, but she did a thorough research on historical facts.

Tae-ri looked back on her character and revealed that she found it tougher to play a woman in love than someone who had to hold a gun.

“I wasn’t quite in sync with the character in terms of how fast the feelings developed. I was often confused because I felt that the romantic feelings were developing too fast. But it all made a lot more sense after I watched the episodes. I feel like I could have been bolder and more expressive in portraying the feelings,” she said.

t1007super-sunshine-3.jpg

Souvenir

She added that she hopes viewers would walk away from the show feeling that they could relate to the joys and sorrows of the characters. She revealed what she took home from the show as a souvenir.

“I brought the coins that Ae-sin gave to Dong-mae from our last shoot. That was the last scene I shot. I kept two and gave one to Yoo Yeon-seok (Dong-mae),” she said.

Yoon-seok, on the other hand, brought home Dong-mae’s hair band and sword.

“I figured that the fans would like the hair band. I want to give it away during a future fan meet. I asked the costume team for the hair band. And I brought the sword back because I feel quite attached to it now,” said Yoon-seok.

The actor had to learn wielding the katana to play the role of the mercenary Dong-mae. He said he might be able to use this knowledge again in a future role. He said that he first studied how to use a sword for his previous drama “Gu Family Book.”

The lead of the show, Lee Byung-hun (Eugene Choi), said that he hopes that the show will be remembered for the Righteous Army, whose nameless members made so much sacrifice.

“Mr. Sunshine” is available for streaming on Netflix.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, writteninthestars09 said:

@kansas424

Were u able to pre order? 

I was curious about the page but I cant seem to open it. 

Yea, i was able to.

Try this. Remember to click coupon for discount.  You need to apply for yes24 account first.

https://global.yes24.com/Goods/64993604  DVD

https://global.yes24.com/Goods/64993270   Bluray

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

October 10, 2018

[Post-Drama Interview] Actor Kim Byung Chul reveals that he cried after watching the final episode of 'Mr. Sunshine'

Translation by DDOBOJA

Original Source (X Sports News via Naver): 'Mr. Sunshine' Kim Byung Chul, "Stunning ending, cried while watching…Amazing work"

ì´ë¯¸ì§ì¤ì

Spoiler

0000904257_002_20181002093729627.jpg?type=w540

Spoiler

0000904257_003_20181002093729644.jpg?type=w540

Kim Byung Chul said that it's been about a month since 'Mr. Sunshine' wrapped up its filming. In the meanwhile, he's been resting and filming his new project 'SKY Castle'. The actor revealed that he watched the last episode live, "I watched the last episode live. I watched it as a viewer. It was a really stunning/deafening feeling. Memorable parts were when the people stepped in and helped or when the taegukgi (Korean flag) came out - those parts were really moving. I cried while watching. It was an amazing work."

1. [+1918, -4] A cool individual.. And he's good at acting~~♡ Thank you for your hard work.

2. [+1075, -8] An actor who's a good fit for villainous roles and good roles ~ However, I want to see you in another role like Il Shik .

3. [+709, -6] The "We can do it" folks (t/n: Kim Byung Chul and Bae Jung Nam) were really amazing~ Many talents are good but thank goodness they used it~~

4. [+275, -7] Huge huge huge, I'm a huge fan, I'll always support you!!!!

Spoiler

0000904257_001_20181002093729615.jpg?type=w540

• Like 8

Catching up... I was so pleased to read that letter by an university professor, even if translated by google... anyway I was like... stunned! He is soo cool! An Italian professor would never do that, they think too high of themselves (we often call them “barons”). Anyway, what a great teacher! He took the chance to tell something important to the youths, through something they can relate to, even if it is a tv show. I would really like to shake his hand. 

@rubiesomeone on twitter translated what they are saying in this video: “Pa-Deun-Jo fighting!”   That is the union of the nicknames Hina gave them: fool-moron-loser. They are so fun, really. 

• Like 6

On 9/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, mistymorning said:

Lee Byunghun, Kim Taeri, Kim Minjeong nominated for APAN Star Awards 2018. 

from https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=009&aid=0004224972

I'll list nominees for our show Mr. Sunshine.

New Actress : Kim Taeri  

Actress : Kim Minjeong

Mid-size Drama Actor : Yoo Yeonsuk

K-star Popularity Award for Actor : Lee Byunghun

K-star Popularity Award for Actress: Kim Taeri, Kim Minjeong

Grand Prize : Lee Byunghun 

For Grand Prize, other nominees are Kim Namjoo(JTBC Misty), Sohn Yejin(JTBC Something in the Rain), Lee Seongyun(tvN My Ajussi), Cho Seungwoo(JTBC Life).

The award will be held on Oct. 13th, in Seoul. Will be broadcasted thru tvN.

Published on October 10, 2018 by makestar.co

APAN Star Awards 2018 Grand Prize Nominees

Tomorrow night.. will we see the team from MR.SUNSHINE?

Source: APANstarawards2018 @apanstarawards

October 13, 2018

176.gif STREAMING of 2018 APAN Star Awards (?)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2